Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom (32281 Views)

Police Take Over Cross River Assembly / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme’s Confirmation As CJ, Again, Post Vacant / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by orisa37: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Edusteve:
So all that noise of Akwacross is just for media attention. Believe me Nigeria as a country is totally divided forget media noise

And the Igbos won't allow you to do Business in their States but will troupe to other States to buy houses and shops to trade.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
ibibiogrl:

U asked me these questions, let me answer. Despite being from Uyo I have never live there, only visit during christmas & visiting relatives etc..
I was born in Washington DC and I still live there now. I went to high school/secondary school in Nigeria to learn my culture, that was when I lived in Calabar and Abak . That's why am very passionate about teaching Ignorant retard as urself undecided

Oh my! Oh my ! Jeez no wonder, no 4kin wonder, I have been wasting my time talking to a worthless nonentity... what da 4k
Shit you are a FOOL a million times over n over again for insulting the ITU OMA ward of ITU local government area
You are no IBIBIO get married and get 4ver 4kin lost.....I doubt if you ever lived in Ibibio land and if you know anything
You have never lived in IBIBIO land and u say ur family are the only one ruling ur village, do you know what makes up a village?
And you very well know that your father and his father were never initiated?
Do you know who is d obong ekpe in my village?
You are IGNORANT personified, I don't think u mom is Ibibio maybe ur father too.
If the paramount ruler of Uyo HRH Edidem Slyvanus Effiong whose house is directly opposite my flat off udoekpo ukpong street in Uyo right from his time as a Clan head is a well known Ekpe member together with my chief (uncle) they I know
You a woman and a "nothing" you are here with no history of staying in IBIBIO soil parading yourself as someone you r not and not deem to speak for people like my sisters, aunties, moms yet u r RANTING like an infinite fool
You know nothing and you will forever no nothing
Get married and get lost for good, you deserve no further comments from me
You are not Ibibio
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Edusteve(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
orisa37:

And the Igbos won't allow you to do Business in their States but will troupe to other States to buy houses and shops to trade.
Are you okay at all?

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ibibiogrl: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
nsiba:

Oh my! Oh my ! Jeez no wonder, no 4kin wonder, I have been wasting my time talking to a worthless nonentity... what da 4k
Shit you are FOOL a million times over n over again for insulting the ITU OMA ward of ITU local
You are no IBIBIO get married and get 4 ver 4kin forever lost.....I doubt if you ever lived in Ibibio land and no anything
You have never lived in IBIBIO land and u say u family are the only ruling ur village, do you know what makes up a village?
And you very well know you father and his father were never initiated?
Do you know who is d obong ekpe in my village?
You are IGNORANT personified, I don't think u mom is Ibibio maybe ur father too.
If the paramount ruler of Uyo HRH Edidem Slyvanus Effiong whose house is directly opposite my flat of udoekpo ukpong street in Uyo right from his time as a Clan head is a well known Ekpe member together with my chief (uncle) they I know
You a woman and a "nothing" you are here with no history of staying in IBIBIO soil parading yourself as someone you r not and not deem to speak for people like my sisters, aunties, moms RANTING like an infinite fool
You know nothing and you will forever no nothing
Get married and get lost for good, you deserve no further comments from me
You are not Ibibio
U have gone FULL Blown Mad ranting gibberish shocked U who don't even know where Akwa Ibom state begins and Ends, you really think I would believe your mad Rants LIES undecided Even in your dreams you can't live opposite a hut in Ibibio land grin I already mention my family name & township in Uyo because am from Uyo main Town. My mom is from outskirt of Uyo off Aka Road.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
MEET A REAL IBIBIO GIRL 2D CORE (Part 1) Her husband is from obot Akara

Enwongo C. Cleopas
Happy December beloved friends. Please indulge me for roughly five minutes with a little story this Saturday morning.�
This dress is a result of an interesting research I embarked upon while trying to really know what the typical Ibibio maiden outfit was, especially the kind worn during marriage ceremonies.
I am of the Ibibio tribe and we are one of the five largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. Again, I am from a village known as Ikot Ebom Itam, Nung Ekanem in Itu Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom state of Nigeria. I had always known a bit about my culture and style influences but I was not confident of the extent of who or what influenced us.
_This dress was my first project point. It is commonly known in Efik as Oyoyon/Onyonyo. But in Ibibio, it is properly described as Onyo-yon. Onyo-yon is a verb word and it means ‘to crawl’ or ‘to drag’ or 'to flow'. This dress is a Victorian style dress adopted by certain tribes in the riverine area of Southern Nigeria as their ceremonial outfit. The history behind this style can be traced to the influence of the early female missionaries and colonial figures that frequented these regions during the active slave trade era, before the 19th Century.
If you are a student of Nigerian history, you will be familiar with the locations of settlement of the European colonialists before the specific entraption known as Nigeria was formed.
_The Efik(s), a sister tribe in Cross River first adopted, projected and modified the Victorian gown into their ceremonies and sometimes, every day wear. It is very common to see their women use this, but many people are not aware that this outfit is also worn by certain groups of the Ibibio and the Oro tribe in places like Itu, Ibiono, Uruan, and Oron Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom. How did these people come about using this style as well? The reason is simple. The water bodies surrounding these locations made it easy for missionaries and colonialists to settle amongst them as was done in some parts of Cross River.
_Interestingly, this style was later weakened and watered down when the Ibibios adopted styles worn by their neighbours in today’s Eastern Nigeria as their outfits were more comfortable, weather friendly, relatable and easier to navigate. It is pertinent to say here that a typical Ibibio woman was a trader, farmer and traveller and for ease of movement, the Onyo-yon was seen as a distraction only used during ceremonies especially marriages. They had no time for theatrics or dainty-ness. Some parts totally abandoned this style.
Now, a typical Ibibio maiden outfit, pre-colonial influence, was a bare upper body and a three tiers or two tier wrapper tied around the waist with wooden accessories or nothing at all. The introduction of a small top or blouse on wrapper was a colonial and post-colonial addition. (I will be using this for my traditional ceremony)
Back to the Onyo-yon in the picture. I decided to make findings as to the specific kind of Victorian style that was common in my region and I was led to the 1850 – 1900 day and evening Victorian dress. The gowns appear similar but certain features marked different eras. How to know this is to check the kind of material used, style of neck, pleats and the hand designs. Before the very recent usage of the lace, silk, velvet and cotton were used in making this style of dress. This is where I pause to say that if I was given this as an assignment in school, I probably would not have shown this level of excitement.
You might already be rolling your eye and saying, ‘wow, who send her’, the answer to your questions is, ‘na me send myself’.� And because I don’t want to drag this too long, I will cut it here. My findings could fill hundreds of pages but Facebook is not that place to keep it.
So yes, the Onyo-yon is also claimed by many other tribes including some places in Rivers state. Hopefully, I will be back to share pictures of me properly adorned in every accessory that goes with this style as an Ibibio maiden. (The word maiden makes me giggle).

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Gather here people let me teach you all IBIBIO history and not a tw-at that doesn't know the name of her village
An idoit living in America wants to teach us history from Washington DC....thunder destroy a thousand times
I will teach you all and this fool well researched, scientific and common sense oral true history
Ekpo Unam Ikot wants to teach me history, a vagabo-nd want to tell me who I am...

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by orisa37: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
Edusteve:
Are you okay at all?

Selfish Edusteve. That hits you.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
I would have gone ahead to release more confidential and knowledge revealing information but na, becos of who? A nobody! Definitely not worth my materials and time
Blackking98 I salute you, Monday is tomorrow got no time for fake and scornful lots they can go 4k themselves
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ibibiogrl: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2020
nsiba:
MEET A REAL IBIBIO GIRL 2D CORE (Part 1) Her husband is from obot Akara
Enwongo C. Cleopas
Happy December beloved friends. Please indulge me for roughly five minutes with a little story this Saturday morning.�
This dress is a result of an interesting research I embarked upon while trying to really know what the typical Ibibio maiden outfit was, especially the kind worn during marriage ceremonies.
I am of the Ibibio tribe and we are one of the five largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. Again, I am from a village known as Ikot Ebom Itam, Nung Ekanem in Itu Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom state of Nigeria. I had always known a bit about my culture and style influences but I was not confident of the extent of who or what influenced us.
_This dress was my first project point. It is commonly known in Efik as Oyoyon/Onyonyo. But in Ibibio, it is properly described as Onyo-yon. Onyo-yon is a verb word and it means ‘to crawl’ or ‘to drag’ or 'to flow'. This dress is a Victorian style dress adopted by certain tribes in the riverine area of Southern Nigeria as their ceremonial outfit. The history behind this style can be traced to the influence of the early female missionaries and colonial figures that frequented these regions during the active slave trade era, before the 19th Century.
If you are a student of Nigerian history, you will be familiar with the locations of settlement of the European colonialists before the specific entraption known as Nigeria was formed.
_The Efik(s), a sister tribe in Cross River first adopted, projected and modified the Victorian gown into their ceremonies and sometimes, every day wear. It is very common to see their women use this, but many people are not aware that this outfit is also worn by certain groups of the Ibibio and the Oro tribe in places like Itu, Ibiono, Uruan, and Oron Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom. How did these people come about using this style as well? The reason is simple. The water bodies surrounding these locations made it easy for missionaries and colonialists to settle amongst them as was done in some parts of Cross River.
_Interestingly, this style was later weakened and watered down when the Ibibios adopted styles worn by their neighbours in today’s Eastern Nigeria as their outfits were more comfortable, weather friendly, relatable and easier to navigate. It is pertinent to say here that a typical Ibibio woman was a trader, farmer and traveller and for ease of movement, the Onyo-yon was seen as a distraction only used during ceremonies especially marriages. They had no time for theatrics or dainty-ness. Some parts totally abandoned this style.
Now, a typical Ibibio maiden outfit, pre-colonial influence, was a bare upper body and a three tiers or two tier wrapper tied around the waist with wooden accessories or nothing at all. The introduction of a small top or blouse on wrapper was a colonial and post-colonial addition. (I will be using this for my traditional ceremony)
Back to the Onyo-yon in the picture. I decided to make findings as to the specific kind of Victorian style that was common in my region and I was led to the 1850 – 1900 day and evening Victorian dress. The gowns appear similar but certain features marked different eras. How to know this is to check the kind of material used, style of neck, pleats and the hand designs. Before the very recent usage of the lace, silk, velvet and cotton were used in making this style of dress. This is where I pause to say that if I was given this as an assignment in school, I probably would not have shown this level of excitement.
You might already be rolling your eye and saying, ‘wow, who send her’, the answer to your questions is, ‘na me send myself’.� And because I don’t want to drag this too long, I will cut it here. My findings could fill hundreds of pages but Facebook is not that place to keep it.
So yes, the Onyo-yon is also claimed by many other tribes including some places in Rivers state. Hopefully, I will be back to share pictures of me properly adorned in every accessory that goes with this style as an Ibibio maiden. (The word maiden makes me giggle).
Yet she wore this for her traditional marriage grin https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2409288009398550&set=a.1380218695638825&type=3&theater
It's good u finally mentioned her name for me to confirmed undecided Because if she had she would've been accused of being FAKE & abuse like this actress below, thereby loosing most of her follwers sad
Also her hubby's side wouldn't mind because Annangs don't have a specific traditional wear, infact I've attended 2traditional marriages in Abak in the late 90s. 1 wore lace buba & another even added asoke; both Husbands & wives were Annangs in those TM. Its just recently in the ast decade that most Annangs have stated tying 2wrappers like Ibibios.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2013/04/nollywood-star-nse-ikpe-etim-clifford-sule-say-i-do-the-ibibio-way-photos-from-their-traditional-wedding-in-akwa-ibom/
lynn's ArmoireApril 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm
Nice,but that’s efik traditional attire she has on,not ibibio and her husband is dressed like an indian! Bet y?akwa ibom peeps shud learn to appreciate their own culture and stop famzing calabar peeps.congrats gurl

avidApril 8, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’m shocked at Nse, Ibibio women don’t use combs on their hair, they dress like Annie Idibia did, this is totally Efik, from head to toe and even the dress Oyoyo belongs to a bride from Efik. Is she from akwa iBom or Cross River State?

Peachy_moApril 8, 2013 at 11:10 am
no be only shock an electrified you will get…can’t Bella have gotten the tribe wrong? or is anything wrong in emulating another culture to characterize her wedding? pschew! biko kwa siddon for back seat make well wishers talk. Thank God there aren’t using Asian culture �

konnieApril 8, 2013 at 4:39 pm

She is not wearing onynyo. The bodice of the onynyo is high …just under the breast. Let her be. It is her wedding and she can whatever the heck she wants….

OKAY I GUESS THIS WAS Y SHE DIDN'T cheesy
enwongoApril 10, 2013 at 4:23 pm
I hate to see people write this or say this. If you’re actually from aks and you know your culture well, you won’t be saying this. The uruan people, oron people and itu people who have similar culture use that combs on their hair and the ‘oyoyo’ dress. Next time do your research well.

YET NONE SUPPORTED HER COMMENTS grin Still more Backlash on the actress sad
miss pApril 16, 2013 at 3:03 pm
please this is not ibibo cultre that is for you bellanaija her husband is wearing indian inspired outfits and she is wearing what ought to be an efik onyoghyo but with some grabby material i don’t understand her hair is done like an efik maiden so in all they just wearing outfits borrowed from different cultures not IBIBIO please ……..at least you saw tuface and annie thats ibibio culture…

shantelApril 29, 2013 at 8:15 am
I dressed lik this on my t.m and am okobo.yes,we speak efik.akwa ibom is not all obibio u kwn…congrats nse!"

Okobo is part of Oron which confirms what I've been saying Infact Most Uruan don't adhere to the efik adopted culture anymore, except the village of Adadia and maybe 1or2 other villages. That's is why majority of Uruan brides like these ones below dress like other Ibibio brides
Uruan brides; https://www.instagram.com/p/2qiquIDnlT/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BigozullG6O/
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/uruan/

IBIONOBRIDES ;https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ibionobride/

ITU Brides; https://www.instagram.com/p/B4HltZClNVu/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Gva93gF1f/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br9gC--HM1g/
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 8:15am On Mar 09, 2020
nsiba:
I would have gone ahead to release more confidential and knowledge revealing information but na, becos of who? A nobody! Definitely not worth my materials and time
Blackking98 I salute you, Monday is tomorrow got no time for fake and scornful lots they can go 4k themselves
Salute you too bro
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2020
nsiba:
Gather here people let me teach you all IBIBIO history and not a tw-at that doesn't know the name of her village
An idoit living in America wants to teach us history from Washington DC....thunder destroy a thousand times
I will teach you all and this fool well researched, scientific and common sense oral true history
Ekpo Unam Ikot wants to teach me history, a vagabo-nd want to tell me who I am...
Lol she doesn't even understand the complexity of the matter at hand, by right we're supposed to have an umbrella name like the igbos or Yorubas or ijaw have, just found out ijaw alone has more than ten groups or clans , just because we don't have an umbrella name for Akwa ibomites and efiks it's giving this online researches morale to talk trash

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ChinenyeN(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Sorry to intrude on the conversation you all are having. I just wanted to address one individual, if you will allow me.

AmuDimpka:
Your stupidity is legendary.... For you to say Igbo is a recent term...do you think that we are like you ..the word Igbo means ancient that is why we call ourselves NdiGboo (shortened Ndị Igbo ) meaning the ones that are ancient

This is incorrect. Etymologically speaking, "Igbo" is likely an older term for "bush" or "forest" (indicating forest-dwelling civilization). The tonal pronunciation for "gboo" (two high tones) is also entirely different from "Igbo" (two low tones), indicating lack of a shared etymology.

AmuDimpka:
Igbo have been in existence (independently for centuries and these independent clans identify themselves as Igbo for centuries !)

Even the Igbo at the fringes of cross river (Isobo) and the ones at fringes of AKS identify themselves as Igbo for centuries

This is also untrue and for all intents and purposes, propaganda. There is no evidence that suggests a shared identity prior to the arrival of the British. So for all intents and purposes, the individual you responded to is correct. The British were responsible for creating the modern definition of "Igbo" that we have today, and the "Igbo" are responsible for codifying it into a the "ethnic nationality" that it is today after the Biafran war. This means Igbo people have really only been "Igbo people" for the last 50 years. This however should not be cause for any mental distress. "Igbo" now exists as a defined umbrella identity. It is a real thing now and there is no need to make up a fake history for it. We do not need to lie just to feel like we gave it some legitimacy before we move forward as "Igbo" people.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2020
ChinenyeN:
Sorry to intrude on the conversation you all are having. I just wanted to address one individual, if you will allow me.

This is incorrect. Etymologically speaking, "Igbo" is likely an older term for "bush" or "forest" (indicating forest-dwelling civilization). The tonal pronunciation for "gboo" (two high tones) is also entirely different from "Igbo" (two low tones), indicating lack of a shared etymology.

This is also untrue and for all intents and purposes, propaganda. There is no evidence that suggests a shared identity prior to the arrival of the British. So for all intents and purposes, the individual you responded to is correct. The British were responsible for creating the modern definition of "Igbo" that we have today, and the "Igbo" are responsible for codifying it into a the "ethnic nationality" that it is today after the Biafran war. This means Igbo people have really only been "Igbo people" for the last 50 years. This however should not be cause for any mental distress. "Igbo" now exists as a defined umbrella identity. It is a real thing now and there is no need to make up a fake history for it. We do not need to lie just to feel like we gave it some legitimacy before we move forward as "Igbo" people.

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyday you deviate from lay down procedures in Igboland. It is our duty to call you to order. You dare not challenge what is known.

Ndi gboo has come to stay.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ChinenyeN(m): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyday you deviate from lay down procedures in Igboland. It is our duty to call you to order. You dare not challenge what is known.

It is alright if you want to live your life based on propaganda instead of truth. I am only saying that there is no reason why you should. "Igbo" is here to stay, so there is no need to make a point of lying about the past just to feel that the identity is legitimate. Having said what I have come to say, I will now excuse myself so that the stakeholders of this topic can continue their conversation undisturbed.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2020
ChinenyeN:

It is alright if you want to live your life based on propaganda instead of truth. I am only saying that there is no reason why you should. "Igbo" is here to stay, so there is no need to make a point of lying about the past just to feel that the identity is legitimate. Having said what I have come to say, I will now excuse myself so that the stakeholders of this topic can continue their conversation undisturbed.

Tell that to Abaribe or even Ikpeazu.

Fullstop.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 09, 2020
ibibiogrl:
Always posting the same trash.no go look for husband o . what are you always feeling like? Stop mentioning annang in your stupid rants . Annang has nothing to do with ibibio. keep anang off your lips . Ekpo akpara ino ! Akpara ibibio!
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ibibiogrl: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2020
AKPAB99:
Always posting the same trash.no go look for husband o . what are you always feeling like? Stop mentioning annang in your stupid rants . Annang has nothing to do with ibibio. keep anang off your lips . Ekpo akpara ino ! Akpara ibibio!
Akpara Uta agwo Idad Annang! I Think U are quoting and Responding to the WRONG person angry I have been trying to explain exactly what you are saying that Annang has absolutely Nothing in common with Ibibio, Efik, Oron, etc.... I've written on countless threads expressing these differences for the past 10yrs. Are U that Retarded or too drunk on agwo ataha ama to Read Get an educated Annang to Read and interprete my posts in whatever Annang dialect that U speak to you undecided The groom in the post U quoted is from Obot Akara which is annang, so I had to mention Annang in my reply.

Then take your anger & frustrations to Beachside, Nsiba, Mildflame, Nowenuse & Blackking98 and most of the others in this thread, they are the ones that U need to convince that Annang has nothing to do with Ibibio undecided
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2020
ibibiogrl:
Don't mention annang at all .Keep annang off your lips .Akpara ibibio! Go marry
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ibibiogrl: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2020
AKPAB99:
Don't mention annang at all .Keep annang off your lips .Akpara ibibio! Go marry
How do U know that am not married U must be on nairaland browsing for akpara Annangs & each time disappointed that your search with Annang keeps leading back to my educated intelligent post about annangs embarassed thereby dashing your idad akpara hopes of finding your fellow hoes grin
BooHoO hoo embarassed Cry me a river cry
Why don't U attack Beachside and Nsiba who brought Annang into this thread undecided Even Blackking98 said Annangs practice Ekpe.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by AmuDimpka: 1:43am On Mar 10, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Who is this confused ngwa man...I have told you never ever quote me again....you are daft and know nothing akin to butterfly feeling like a bird ....
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by AmuDimpka: 1:45am On Mar 10, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't mind the confused old man...he has been having this autophobia for years...give him.soke cheap weed...eh would be fine
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by AmuDimpka: 1:53am On Mar 10, 2020
orisa37:

Is that so...go to Aba and see many Ibibio and Efiks
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Ndipe(m): 2:24am On Mar 10, 2020
When will this antagonistic relationship between the Efiks and the Ibibios ever end?
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Dreason(m): 8:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
orisa37:

you be fool
fool wea the piss 4body na hin be you
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by orisa37: 4:00am On Mar 12, 2020
Dreason:

you be fool
fool wea the piss 4body na hin be you

God for give you.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nowenuse: 10:26am On Mar 12, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You guys talk like clowns

In Nsuka axis we have a village called Igbo Eze (Igbo the king ) and you say igbo didn't cover them...you must be smoking Arizona... Igbo Eze has been there centuries

In ikwerre axis we have a town named Obigbo ( heart of Igbo ) yet you said that British made everyone Igbo ...you must be smoking Uduak dried urine

Around ukwuani you said that the British made them Igbo yet we have a core Igbo town around that axis called IgboBi Na Uzor (Igbuzor) meaning the Igbo that live on the road

You must be smoking spoilt Afang soup

Face your self and confused folks .Igbo have evolved and left you folks behind

Before the whites and ...the Igbo have been greeting the public with "Igbo kwenu " the public would say "eeeeh"

We have been known as Igbo right from time immemorial...the name Igbo means ancient and Ndị Igbo means the ancient people...

As you can see these towns that I named has been there even before colonials came or would you say they are the ones that created these towns

Or would you say the man that bears Igbokwe from Nsukka or Igboanugo from Anambra or Nwaigbo from rivers was named by colonials

Make una dey use una sense this confused middle belt boy...face the fulani that is taking over plateau State

The fact that you have names of places with the IGBO prefix or suffix all over Igbo land does not in any way signify that the people of those places identity as Igbo...

Take for example, in Anioma land, Ikas & Ukwuani people call Enuani people (Uzor Igbo) which means people on the road to Igbo land, while Enuanis call them (Uzor Idu) which means people on the road to Benin land'. So let's assume these nicknames stuck, will you then say that this means that Enuani people identified themselves as Igbos in the past?

Do you know Igbuzor town in Delta state near Asaba? The name Igbuzor was a nickname given to them by their neighbors and this means (Igbos on the roadside/in front)... This is because Igbuzor people came from Isu. And other indigenous Anioma people saw them as Igbos hence the name.

Ask anybody you know from Igbuzor, they don't call themselves Igbuzor.... They call themselves (Isu nambogu) whenever they are meeting.
Same thing with Akuku-Igbo (Igbo camp) another town in Enuani... This name was also given to them by their neighbors since the founder of that town was from Nri.

So, ask yourself, if these people considered themselves Igbos in the past, why do they nickname immigrants from across the River Niger as Igbo?

Even Onitsha people till date address other SEners as NWA ONYE IGBO...

Take it or leave it... Igbo as an identity to cover all Igbo speaking people today was a classification of the British... Before the British came, only certain parts of Igbo land were identified as Igbo people!
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nowenuse: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2020
nsiba:

So you mean Ibibiogrl was even a foreigner, an American lady who has been ranting all over here all this while, as if most of her life has been in Akwa Ibom state?
That's very sad and unfortunate.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nowenuse: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol she doesn't even understand the complexity of the matter at hand, by right we're supposed to have an umbrella name like the igbos or Yorubas or ijaw have, just found out ijaw alone has more than ten groups or clans , just because we don't have an umbrella name for Akwa ibomites and efiks it's giving this online researches morale to talk trash

Well, the Onus is now on men like you and nsiba to come together and see how you guys can create a long lasting coalition identity for Anangs, Ibibios, Oros & Efiks and if possible include Ejagham.
Not allowing one foreign American lady who claims to be Ibibio to misrepresent you guys on a forum of over 2 million Africans.

This will be an identity for almost 10 million people.... One that can stand the test of time and if possible emerge to be a country of it's own when this entity called Nigeria eventually divides.

I am from Plateau state and I and others are working to see how we can unite the different but yet similar tribes of Plateau, Southern Kaduna, FCT, Nasarawa and Gongola (Taraba & Adamawa) together as one big family.. .... A new and large identity for about 25 million people that can stand the test of time.... Instead of continuing to wallow as inconsequential minorities.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 11:39am On Mar 12, 2020
Nowenuse:

Well, the Onus is now on men like you and nsiba to come together and see how you guys can create a long lasting coalition identity for Anangs, Ibibios, Oros & Efiks and if possible include Ejagham.
Not allowing one foreign American lady who claims to be Ibibio to misrepresent you guys on a forum of over 2 million Africans.

This will be an identity for almost 10 million people.... One that can stand the test of time and if possible emerge to be a country of it's own when this entity called Nigeria eventually divides.

I am from Plateau state and I and others are working to see how we can unite the different but yet similar tribes of Plateau, Southern Kaduna, FCT, Nasarawa and Gongola (Taraba & Adamawa) together as one big family.. .... A new and large identity for about 25 million people that can stand the test of time.... Instead of continuing to wallow as inconsequential minorities.
True man true. I don't see what people gain by further subdiving people unnecessarily, yesterday I was watching a program on NTA about languages and culture, while interviewing people on the streets of yaba and asking where they're from and to speak their language, all the "Calabar" people encountered were Akwa ibomites, just one Efik person, and the Akwa ibomites were very happy and comfortable being referred to as Calabar, yet one jobless online researcher is subdividing people in her imagination, cus in reality the Barriers separating Akwa Ibom and Efik is getting slimmer and disappearing by the day, I'm an ibibio man, but I speak Efik way better than ibibio, I use Efik most of the time, not only me, so many of us use it and are happy with it, vice versa for efiks, annangs and oron who speak ibibio cus it's understood on both sides of the river dividing Akwa Ibom and Cross river. No need diving ourselves into splinter groups unnecessarily, I support you too, you guys really need to come together and form an identity on your own because it seems like the hausa fulani Always want to overshadow and dominate u guys then shout one north when elections are around

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nowenuse:

So you mean Ibibiogrl was even a foreigner, an American lady who has been ranting all over here all this while, as if most of her life has been in Akwa Ibom state?
That's very sad and unfortunate.

She knows not a thing, it disgust me when her type just run their mouth anyhow from wherever they are
They don't understand where we are coming from and where we r going, sincerely any African abroad that don't know how to preach oneness is a basta-rd
I appreciate you my brother and I pray we will be better than our father, our children will live in a better Nigeria with respect for one another

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by nsiba: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
Blackking98:

True man true. I don't see what people gain by further subdiving people unnecessarily, yesterday I was watching a program on NTA about languages and culture, while interviewing people on the streets of yaba and asking where they're from and to speak their language, all the "Calabar" people encountered were Akwa ibomites, just one Efik person, and the Akwa ibomites were very happy and comfortable being referred to as Calabar, yet one jobless online researcher is subdividing people in her imagination, cus in reality the Barriers separating Akwa Ibom and Efik is getting slimmer and disappearing by the day, I'm an ibibio man, but I speak Efik way better than ibibio, I use Efik most of the time, not only me, so many of us use it and are happy with it, vice versa for efiks, annangs and oron who speak ibibio cus it's understood on both sides of the river dividing Akwa Ibom and Cross river. No need diving ourselves into splinter groups unnecessarily, I support you too, you guys really need to come together and form an identity on your own because it seems like the hausa fulani Always want to overshadow and dominate u guys then shout one north when elections are around

I feel you the middle-belt has never been defeated and not in this era will they be..they r d uniting factor n we will always stand with them

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke: INEC Presents Original 2018 Documents / Sagir Koli Reabsorbed Into Army / President Buhari Arrives Maiduguri, Received By Borno Governor Shettima(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.