Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife (13187 Views)

Initiating Sex: Who's Job Is It Really? / Is Sending My Wife To House Help Job The Best Option? / 21 Questions To Ask The Man Or Woman You Want To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by armyofone(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
Marriage for nigeria na suffer head o.
imagine those strong clothes, jeans, heavy khaki pant, skid marks pant etc all na woman go wash am eyaaa grin

thank goodness for washing machine, just put him clothes inside pour soap and go read my magazine or flip channel. if i remember to put am for dryer, good. if i no remember, then i think you get hand, 2 for that matter. siddon there dey wait for me. when i get done painting my fingers, i will get back to the dryer that is if am not too tired or getting ready for work or class. i must make money too abi?

gosh!!
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2010
armyofone:

imagine those strong clothes, jeans, heavy khaki pant, skid marks pant etc all na woman go wash am eyaaa grin

thank goodness for washing machine, just put him clothes inside pour soap and go read my magazine or flip channel. if i remember to put am for dryer, good. if i no remember, then i think you get hand, 2 for that matter. siddon there dey wait for me. when i get done painting my fingers, i will get back to the dryer that is if am not too tired or getting ready for work or class. i must make money too abi?

gosh!!

We dont even need to wash our clothes as long as we hump all day and night
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by invisible2(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ outstrip, am sorry if you dont have any sense of humour, its not exactly my fault you know. But to cut to the chase, washing clothes is such a little job that it should'nt elicit any big argument, if your wife finds it difficult, help her buy a machine as I said from my first post.
The one that annoys me is women trying to push every chore in the house to men because they think it shouldnt be their duty. There are manly duties.
I also feel your reaction back there is not warranted, if its only my post you are reacting to and not another problem you have. Take it easy on yourself and add fun to your life, bye.

1 Like

Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by invisible2(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2010
armyofone:

gosh!!

You mean there is a place marriage is easier or you just want a chance to yab Nigeria? But, if you make good money also, just hire people to do it, the man will not care, only what we need is a closet full of clean clothes. We dont care who washed it.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by armyofone(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2010
you guys then should stop making it a big deal when a woman is not working. women are working and contributing to the family and you all still want her to wash your clothes, cook your meals, care for the kids, the home etc if she is doing it, great, but make sure you do wash too. you no get hand?
o ga o. the man would not care?? really? no be african man  grin he will be the first to post on NL that my nigeria woman is too wastful, why are nig woman too lazy blah blah blah  grin
invisible, i live in a place where i can No, tweety i'm not in the mood of laundromating  wink

Dayo, you will be washing my clothes.
Anyway i will wash my husband's clothes. but i hope he wouldn't make it an habit of leaving the work for me forever even when dirty clothes are overflowing the clothes cabinet.
abeg, make i chose better man biko grin
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
armyofone:

Anyway i will wash my husband's clothes. but i hope he wouldn't make it an habit of leaving the work for me forever even when dirty clothes are overflowing the clothes cabinet.

Thats my babe kiss kiss kiss.

I hope You too wont leave me mow the lawns alone forever when the lawns are overgrown.

Meanwhile you have found the best man in Dayokanu
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by invisible2(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
armyofone:

you guys then should stop making it a big deal when a woman is not working. women are working and contributing to the family and you all still want her to wash your clothes, cook your meals, care for the kids, the home etc if she is doing it, great, but make sure you do wash too. you no get hand?
o ga o. the man would not care?? really? no be african man  grin he will be the first to post on NL that my nigeria woman is too wastful, why are nig woman too lazy blah blah blah  grin
invisible, i live in a place where i can No, tweety i'm not in the mood of laundromating  wink

For me o, I dont like my women to work outside the home. I prefare to provide her with everything to the best of my ability, and if she likes to work, she is free to. But that should not mean I have to abandon my own principal responsibility and do home chores. Except she can provide as much money as I make, then who no like better thing, I sit on my fanny everyday and do her laundry and the kids, cook and clean the house then we shall live happily ever after.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by freshera: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
Outstrip:

You Nigerian men should keep fooling yourselves. Quite honestly it is disgusting to me that anybody can say it is okay for a woman they respect and adore to have to hand wash clothes all by herself because you feel "it is not a man's job". Hand washing the clothes for the whole family is a whole day affair. I am sure the man still expects his lunch and everything else just like it was a normal day. How can a woman even respect such a man. A man that has a lawn to mow can obviously afford a washing machine so you have it all wrong with your analogy. Also I can bet money on it that a man that thinks his wife alone should sit under the hot sun and wash his dirty clothes all day will have no problem with her also carrying very heavy things while he watches.

Outstrip it is really not that bad. Naija wives/househelps that I know have always washed at least a bundle of a week's used clothes INCLUDING JEANS AND THICK CURTAINS for at least 6 people in 1 or 2 hours. They are used to it. When the wives get tired, they either get househelps, sisters or washerman to help out but the washerman/woman is a human being too.

Its all about training though. I know people (women) who love washing to the extent that they can collect other people's clothes to wash when they are through with theirs.

My former neighbour used to wash her clothes like 3 times every Saturday morning. It was her hobby. But two months after she got married, her husband bundled her back to her father's house to rest cos she was sick from fatigue as a result of housework. She said the work was killing. Her father had lost a daughter so did not want to lose another so she had to be brought back home to rest. Besides she was already pregnant.

The man MUST always help if needed. Besides not all people can afford big generators to power washing machines.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by lanredo(m): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
Thanks u all infact i must confessed we've got wonderful people here I sent all ur coments to my friend, He began 2 realise that to have a perfect woman is a function of the the ability to produce all things that make life easy and good so men should foster on making life easy 4 the wife, thank u all
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Busybody2(f): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
IN FANTASYLAND - I would love nothing than even helping my Hubby UnCloth and unwind with a massage after a hard day at work, then proceed to run him a bath whilst serving his food whilst on my knees, then proceed to handwash his clothes, iron and lay out the ones he needs for the next day, then come back to kneel down and wait till he finishes his meal tongue

IN THE REAL WORLD - ***gulps*** embarassed embarassed embarassed Housework sucks bigtime lipsrsealed
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2010
Busy_body:

IN FANTASYLAND - I would love nothing than even helping my Hubby UnCloth and unwind with a massage after a hard day at work, then proceed to run him a bath whilst serving his food whilst on my knees, then proceed to handwash his clothes, iron and lay out the ones he needs for the next day, then come back to kneel down and wait till he finishes his meal tongue

IN THE REAL WORLD - ***gulps*** embarassed embarassed embarassed Housework sucks bigtime lipsrsealed

Can I kneel behind you while you kneel also?
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by invisible2(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
Busy_body:

Many other things sucks apart from housework, you think his mingling with difficult coleagues at work is fun, or finding your feet in the dog eat dog world of business, or maybe shooting your way through insurgents in Afghanistan (Some married men are soldiers) I tell ya, nothing is easy but we all struggle to do what we do to make each other happy. I still hold my stand of the man doing everything possible to make the womans work fun.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Busybody2(f): 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
invisible!:

Many other things sucks apart from housework, you think his mingling with difficult coleagues at work is fun, or finding your feet in the dog eat dog world of business, or maybe shooting your way through insurgents in Afghanistan (Some married men are soldiers) I tell ya, nothing is easy but we all struggle to do what we do to make each other happy. I still hold my stand of the man doing everything possible to make the womans work fun.

Hauwa aka armyofone whom you were just corresponding with has just succintly nailed the "What a man can do, a woman can do better" saying on the head tongue She is currently stationed in kutuwenjai, in Iraq cheesy Infact me sef don vex, I dey go join the Army right now, my Husband can stay at home to wash the plates, the floor, the dog, etc angry Hauwa pick me up from Iraqi International Airport tomorrow jare, lets show them tongue

dayokanu:

Can I kneel behind you while you kneel also?

shocked Your ashawoism nor get part 2, dayoknackson abi na Dayoknockboot abi wetin you dey call that ya name sef grin
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by invisible2(m): 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
Thinking more about this, there is no problem really in this as its all about the Benjamins. This cloth washing/house chore thing has a lot to do with social status and condition.
No rich man can allow the wife to labour under the sun washing clothes for the entire family. In most cases, the women that suffer to wash clothes know that the husband does a harder job out there (like shouting 'cele-cms o, oshodi o under the rain and sun) or pushing barrow or Okada riding or even dodging robbers bullets as policemen.
Most rich families have paid servants and as such the madam gets to delegate more and supervise all works, not do them.
It will be funny to ask Dangote, Fashola or Innoson to wash their chidren and wife's clothes.
But if they are still climbing in life, the man should support his wife to do her duty.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Dec 22, 2010
Busy_body:

shocked Your ashawoism nor get part 2, dayoknackson abi na Dayoknockboot abi wetin you dey call that ya name sef grin

Abeg, you leave me with no choice, You sef see wetin you carry? Only you!!!

Abeg Mo n wa ise labe yin o
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Busybody2(f): 12:40am On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Abeg, you leave me with no choice, You sef see wetin you carry? Only you!!!

Abeg Mo n wa ise labe yin o

You wan make dem take wheelbarrow carry me and my load commot for house ni shocked Get thee behind me, no that didn't come out right embarassed er . . . get stuffed, neither did this, though i bet he'd love this too . . . er i mean gerraway joo embarassed cheesy looking around,[s] is my hubby gone, dont call me, i'll call you, comprende lipsrsealed tongue [/s]
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by no1madman(m): 12:44am On Dec 22, 2010
^^u want join army. . .u fit carry gun?
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 1:30am On Dec 22, 2010
Busy_body:

You wan make dem take wheelbarrow carry me and my load commot for house ni shocked Get thee behind me, no that didn't come out right embarassed er . . . get stuffed, neither did this, though i bet he'd love this too . . . er i mean gerraway joo embarassed cheesy looking around,[s] is my hubby gone, dont call me, i'll call you, comprende lipsrsealed tongue [/s]

Where do you want me? Behind you or in front? even by your side sef, All join

Oya call me o
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Busybody2(f): 2:06am On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Where do you want me? Behind you or in front? even by your side sef, All join

Oya call me o

You are an incorrigible kriminol tongue grin

no1madman:

^^u want join army. . .u fit carry gun?

Why you come dey shout like so na embarassed Biko abeg nor reveal my yansh say i be all mouth no akshun na embarassed
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by dayokanu(m): 2:18am On Dec 22, 2010
Who wan reveal your nyansh? I am interested in the time, place and date this momentous event would be taking place
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 22, 2010
@topic
Does it really matter? Whoever has the time, whoever can be bothered
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Busybody2(f): 2:59am On Dec 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Who wan reveal your nyansh? I am interested in the time, place and date this momentous event would be taking place

O pari o, today na today grin Oh no, shoot, I left Debosky my lolo tied up in bed for the past 3 hours embarassed Gosh, and it is going to take another 5 hours at least to get things back in motion angry I don't have 5 hours to spare so no make me vex pounce on you oh, as per e don tey tongue grin

ibkaye:

@topic
Does it really matter? Whoever has the time, whoever can be bothered

shocked shocked shocked Who left the nursery door open, don't they realise baby ibkaye has started crawling and could end up down the stairs tongue Oya come to Momma pumpkin and let me quickly rock you back to sleep cheesy [s]You are disturbing my flow with Dayokanu joo, why are you always waking up for breastmilk at the wrong time, scram joo angry grin[/s]
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by ikamefa(f): 4:01am On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^ see comedy for this thread! " grin "
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by lanredo(m): 5:38am On Dec 22, 2010
Eeeh ya what makes the famer to cry is a laughing matter to the aparos(ohun to npa oloko lekun ohoun laparo fi nse erin rin) well sha we are still on the matter. When I mail ur drama the above is my friend words
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by teeluv(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2010
go and collect washman and dont kill your wife. i cant remember where she was called your househelp,
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by ZitIfy: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2010
I cant even wash mine
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by ireneidiva(f): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2013
mutter: dayokanu you cannot compare families, different circumstances apply.
It would indeed be a shame to see my husband washing cloths because I have bigger kids. So there is no reason why my husband has to do anything.
He does not even have to help because my kids can do everything.
But do not forget that I said that if the woman loved her husband she would do the cloths for him.
There are so many things I do for my husband as an expression of love, respect and appreciation and not because I have categorised it as my duty as a woman.
Even those things I do because I feel they are my duty, I do them differently because of the feeling I have for him. I do them with my heart wanting to please him and not just to perform my obligation.
Sometimes when things go wrong, two parties are to blame. Maybe this man too has been lacking in his role and the woman has no regard for him, so she finds it difficult to do these acts of love, sticking only to mere obligations.
As I mentioned you cannot compare families.
How is seeing your husband washing his clothes a shame? What is wrong with women sef.mtchew
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by PrettySpicey(f): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
There is no hard and fast rule about these things. It's all a question of what works for you.
Personally I do the softer clothes and Oga hubby handles the tougher ones like jeans and such.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Maipride(f): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
IMO..there's no biggie in washing my husband cloth... House chores including washing of his cloth shld be my responsibility.... ℓ̊ wl gladly do it. However He must also be considerate
Tech, has even made things easier now and if we can't afford a washing machine atleast we can afford a washman but ℓ̊ wl xclude his undies in d case of a washman.

2 Likes

Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
The wife. , of course.... Should a couple really argue over this matter... ?..

Is the wife, not the helpmate to the husband?....na wa o angry
If I were a man, my wife have no excuse.. Although I will have a washing machine o, but she will still see to it that my clothes are clean and ironed..that's for me o....no biggie there.
Re: Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife by ladygogo: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
naija women dey suffer sha. grin The husband wore those clothes so he should ensure they are clean, if he finds it hard to wash his own clothes he can get a washer man or washing machine.*sigh*

My mum doesnt even wash my Dad's clothes. He washes and irons his own clothes. She said she didnt do it while they were dating and doesnt see any reason why it should change because they are married. hehehehe.

Your wife/girlfriend washing your clothes is a privilege and not a right.

Get a cook/chef if your wife cant cook or learn how to cook. Dont stress your wife. Get a washing machine/washerman grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice / How I spent My Xmas. / I Used Charm To Marry My Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.