Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) (48276 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) / Pictures: The Current State Of Ariara International Market, Aba / Aba Flooded... People Paying #150 To Be Carried On Back Across The Flood Waters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
post=87198762:
Lol that first commenter tho.. so much hate nawa o
Oga, there is no hate there. For a state like Aba with many factories, inventions and businesses looking like this with all the monies in that state, it is a shame to the govt of the state. Aba is supposed to be competing with PH in development but she is nowhere close. The govt need to wake up

2 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by DedeNkem: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
mariovito:
Why do basic amenities seem like rocket science in this part? Is it that difficult to construct functional drains and have a good waste management system?

Unfortunately, our so-called leaders are clueless, visionless and very corrupt!
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
NTORRRR BLACK MAN
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Sylraph1: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
That state is really CURSED WITH BAD LEADERS
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by mu2sa2: 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
StrikeBack:
Ariaria International Slum
EXACTLY! Very dirty people.
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
post=87198762:
Lol that first commenter tho.. so much hate nawa o
Oga, there is no hate there. For a state like Aba with many factories, inventions and businesses looking like this with all the monies in that state, it is a shame to the govt of the state. Aba is supposed to be competing with PH in development but she is nowhere close. They are the only state disgracing south east in terms of infrasture and development. The govt need to wake up
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
What a town, what a state!!!... Difficult to feel pity.

I feel nothing but disappointment and disgust!!!
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Whobedatte(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
Cemetary market is just a stone throw from Ariaria, if you see the road that leads there , you'll shake your head in utter dismay .
When it comes to roads infrastructure, Abia is the worst in the whole of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Timoleon:
What is stopping the governors in the east from developing the market? What is stopping the billionaires in the east? What is stopping the shop owners and their associations from developing the market?

My Dear Friend. The Market is not a State Market. ARIARIA INT'L is like Alaba in the West.
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by lordm(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Timoleon:
That dettol advert says “if I don’t take care of her, who will?”

It cannot be overstated that government has failed Nigerians(and it hasn’t stopped failing Nigerians). I however think the Nigerian people failing themselves is understated..

Agreed there are inadequate drainages in many places, but everyday how a lot of Nigerians continue to polite the environment will astound one.

Flooding may not be entirely avoidable, a clean environment will reduce the effect.
the government did not block the drainages , let's start with us the citizens that throw trash anywhere we like
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
They need to relocate some of the markets to higher planes, build standard malls and stores then level all these places and put proper drainage to channel all the water.

Else, the same story everyday

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Mykel51(m): 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
are you trying to correct someone who is far superior than you or what

Superior ... Lol

I take it your superiority does not extend to simple grammar ... Right ?

3 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Whiziddo:

My Dear Friend. The Market is not a State Market. ARIARIA INT'L is like Alaba in the West.

You mean there's a federal market?

11 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Correcto: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blame your clueless state governors
Whiziddo:
THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA DONT WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF ABA TO A MODERN COMMERCIAL HUB BECAUSE ITS IN THE EAST..

ASSUMING ARIARIA INT'L MARKET WAS IN THE NORTH OR WEST.

ABA IS THE "CHINA" OF NIGERIA.

THE ONLY HUB IN NIGERIA THAT HAVE MANUFACTURERS IN THERE NUMBERS.

GOVERNMENT NEED TO HELP ABA TO GROW BIGGER..

NO WONDER THEY WANT BIAFRA BECAUSE NIGERIA HAS FAILED.

3 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Timoleon(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
This is my point really. The market should regulate their waste. Nigerians should avoid blocking drainages with their waste.
lordm:
the government did not block the drainages , let's start with us the citizens that throw trash anywhere we like

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Timoleon(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Your point?
Whiziddo:

1 Like

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
are you trying to correct someone who is far superior than you or what
...Superior to .....

3 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by sniperr007(m): 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ibime:

Guy, this has been a problem since my first trip to Ariara in the early 90s

Sad
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Uyi168: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
drmikeadams:
grin grin grin grin the peson wey snap d pix kuku resemble abia state

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Legendguru: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
Timoleon:
Your point?

MY POINT IS THIS.
A STATE GOVT CAN'T GO TO A FEDERAL SCHOOL TO REPAIR BUILDINGS THEIR because THE SCHOOL DONT REMIT TO THE STATE GOVT. IT REMITS TO THE FEDERAL GOVT..

SAME AS THE MARKET.
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Origin(f): 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
Clear the drainage of sand and filth and see improvement.....

Same with Lagos.

They recently cleared some gutters (Good Job!!!!!).

But then left the filth and sand on the roads so that rain can wash it back into the gutter.

It's not a perennial problem it's a solution that solves nothing.
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
Whiziddo:

MY POINT IS THIS.
A STATE GOVT CAN'T GO TO A FEDERAL SCHOOL TO REPAIR BUILDINGS THEIR because THE SCHOOL DONT REMIT TO THE STATE GOVT. IT REMITS TO THE FEDERAL GOVT..

SAME AS THE MARKET.
So the Abia state government don't collect tax from traders in the market?

7 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So the Abia state government don't collect tax from traders in the market?

The tax collected has a percentage..

State govt Collects 30%. Federal govt Collects 70
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Timoleon(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
So this is a federal market? I am sorry I quoted you in the first place. I won’t do it again. As you were.
Whiziddo:

MY POINT IS THIS.

SAME AS THE MARKET.

3 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Capital of Biafra. SMH
Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by bikefab(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Okezuola Abia

2 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by johnmartus(m): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yes you are right. Instead of Nigeria government to relocate her capital to Abia Because its industrious state.
EmekaBlue:

I'm from Abia state a highly industrious state especially at Aba. But really it's not fair how this state has become a mockery in NIGERIA instead of the FG to support the state govt and invest in it cleaning up the state but rather choose to be a state of mockery especially in nairaland...then we wonder why people like Nnamdi kanu fight for a split in d country.

2 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
Whiziddo:

The tax collected has a percentage..

State govt Collects 30%. Federal govt Collects 70
Which particular tax is this?

Is it value added tax or corporate tax?or any other one

6 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by LZAA: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Afamed:
Fake News.Ariara is an international market. No amount of rain fall can affect our market.
Nnamdi Kanu has developed our market to world class international market before he ran 440 to Amelika.

LZAA fever come and see 44 wonders
Sai kanu
Sai ipob grin

2 Likes

Re: Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Which particular tax is this?

Is it value added tax or corporate tax?or any other one

You no get talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church / NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike On Wednesday, If PMS Price Isn't Reverted / Abubakar Audu's Burial: Governor Wada Leads State Delegation - Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.