Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline (9649 Views)

Osogbo-Kwara State Boundary Road: Governor Adeleke Mobilizes Contractor to site / Contractor To Suspend Lagos-Ibadan Road Construction, Resume January / Enugu Airport: Hadi Sirika Says FG Has Mobilized Contractor To Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by OEPHIUS(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
…As Aviation Committee inspects project

*Commend Gov. Ugwuanyi's efforts

Members of the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation, have tasked the contractor handling the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, PW, to double its efforts towards ensuring the airport is reopened by Easter, as earlier promised.

Speaking on behalf of members of the aviation committee, when they inspected the ongoing airport rehabilitation, on Thursday, the committee chairman, Hon. Nnoli Nnaji, expressed concern over the pace of work, stating that “it is not acceptable to us if you don’t complete this project before Easter”.

Hon. Nnaji who reminded the contractor of its promise that the rehabilitation of the runway and installation of necessary equipment will be ready before Easter, disclosed that the committee had promised Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, whom he said has made a lot of contributions towards the reopening of the airport, and the entire South East people as well as all those using the airport, that the project will completed, inaugurated and put to use as promised.

“So we are asking you to apply all necessary means to facilitate this all-important project. You promised us that even if it means working at night, that you people will achieve it. Double your efforts so that this airport can be used before Easter. There are certain things you complained about; the consultant said they have been taken care of. So I don’t think there will be issues.

“We are pleading with you to deliver quality work as scheduled. We don’t want to disappoint our people. We want to make sure that we live up to our promise”.

Insisting on quality, Hon. Nnaji maintained that his committee is also ensuring that the work being done by the contractor meets the international standard for the safety and convenience of the airport users.

During their visit to Gov. Ugwuanyi, the aviation committee chairman, had thanked the governor for all his efforts towards the realization of the airport project, including his recent promise to reconstruct the access road to the VOR/DME and meteorological facilities behind NNPC depot at Emene.

He equally appreciated the efforts of other governors of the South East geo-political zone, the Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika, the leadership and members of the National Assembly, especially the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila and his fellow committee members, among others, stressing that “we have a mandate to ensure that the Airport is reopened before Easter”.

Addressing newsmen, the Enugu State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Greg Nnaji, who is also member of the Technical Committee of the South East Governors Forum on the rehabilitation of the Enugu airport, restated Gov. Ugwuanyi’s commitment towards completion of renovation works at the airport.

Other members of the committee, during the oversight function at the airport, include Hon. Musa Mohammad Pali (deputy chairman), Rt. Hon. Martin Oke, Hon. Victor Nwokolo, Hon. Kasimu Bello Maigari, Hon. Ifeanyi Chidi Momah, Hon. Abubakar Yarima Idris, Hon. Shoyinka Olatunji, Hon. Hassan Abudulahi and the clerk of the committee, Young Woko.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!##
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/03/05/enugu-airport-pace-of-work-unacceptable-reps/amp/

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by OEPHIUS(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
More pictures

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Lawgod247: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
They should make haste about it already. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Enugu state is in the hands of God.
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Kobicove(m): 4:45am On Mar 06, 2020
I hope the complete that airport before Easter, I have interest in Enugu grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Baroba(m): 4:46am On Mar 06, 2020
Hopefully Ugwuanyi will take off and never come back, useless fatty.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by lasisi69(f): 4:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Thrash !!! Government of pictures and imaginary or fake promises ���

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Niccoloimhotep: 4:49am On Mar 06, 2020
Baroba:
Hopefully Ugwuanyi will take off and never come back, useless fatty.
take off how? grin cheesy
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by recievesense: 4:50am On Mar 06, 2020
from the images i am kinda impressed

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by apache22b: 4:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Enugu is in the Hand of God

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by iampeterben(m): 4:57am On Mar 06, 2020
Ok let's see how it goes.
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Cuntslayer: 4:59am On Mar 06, 2020
This airport is certainly not going to be ready by June sef

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by blowjohn(m): 5:00am On Mar 06, 2020
recievesense:

For real?
Ur joking right

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by HacheNoire: 5:11am On Mar 06, 2020
lasisi69:

Why do you detest God news.

Always happy with bad and worst developments

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by GeneralPula: 5:17am On Mar 06, 2020
Audio rep..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by junketer(m): 5:17am On Mar 06, 2020
recievesense:
forget this images. Buhari is just playing cheap politics with this airport. I tell you, they will delay this construction until such a time that we'll be asking for just local airlines to just land there. Then the airport will be operational for just local airlines again and they will give one jargon about it not being ready for international flights yet and that's the end of it. Buhari will never make this airport international. Mark my words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by MetaPhysical: 5:57am On Mar 06, 2020
Tell Ugwuanyi to stop rushing the project.....make airplane no come land and jet wind blow airport roof comot. Shyyte!

...or e rain and passengers start taking off shoes and socks to swim from airplane to terminal.

Cc
Afamed
LegendHero
OsuAmaka
Duru1
Imhotep
Lzaa
Gidgiddy
Gandollar

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by lightheart(m): 5:58am On Mar 06, 2020
They should ensure standards are met though.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by vicfajeze: 7:06am On Mar 06, 2020
No be chinko be dst for d first pix?Coronacororararsrsr

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Okoroawusa: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2020
junketer:
forget this images. Buhari is just playing cheap politics with this airport. I tell you, they will delay this construction until such a time that we'll be asking for just local airlines to just land there. Then the airport will be operational for just local airlines again and they will give one jargon about it not being ready for international flights yet and that's the end of it. Buhari will never make this airport international. Mark my words.
What of Stella Oduah, Osita Chidoka n Femi Fani-Kayode?
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Okoroawusa: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Tell Ugwuanyi to stop rushing the project.....make airplane no come land and jet wind blow airport roof comot. Shyyte!

...or e rain and passengers start taking off shoes and socks to swim from airplane to terminal.

Cc
Afamed
LegendHero
OsuAmaka
Duru1
Imhotep
Lzaa
Gidgiddy
Gandollar
Ugwuanyi is not the one doing the project

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Afamed: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2020
Okoroawusa:

What of Stella Oduah, Osita Chidoka n Femi Fani-Kayode?
Ironically, those are still their heroes as we speak. Those ones really looted their sense of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by SoNature(m): 7:50am On Mar 06, 2020
junketer:

Your brain is full of dust of negativity
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Afamed: 7:54am On Mar 06, 2020
junketer:
There comes a time, when one should be ashamed of one's self. You should be ashamed of yourself at this point. Your heroes, FFK was minister of Aviation, Chima, Stella Oduah were all in charge of Aviation for 16 good years. Plus Osita , the habitual serial liar on Air were all in charge of Aviation. What did they do? Someone far away in Katsina has put a shame to you people, less than 5 yrs in office, he's doing what your sons and daughters could not do in 16 years.

Not as if they couldn't do, but they all prefer to loot the money.
Shame on you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Kingspin(m): 8:13am On Mar 06, 2020
I know they will miss the Easter deadline.

No, be Nigeria again?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by Denique(f): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2020
They should not rush the process in order not to put lives at risk because they want to impress the MEDIA
Naija sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by obailala(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2020
junketer:
When we make statements like the above, whether we agree to it openly or not, the fact is that we're silently praying for our words to be fulfilled.

Just imagine the evil prayers of a human being all because of hatred for the president. These your words are obviously your prayers for the airport (that the project should be abandoned) so you can gladly come back to Nairaland and say "I said it". God pass una; the airport will be completed before Easter.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by CreekCommando: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2020
It's better to deliver after Easter and thereafter, leave a formidable International Airport behind, in the real sense of the word ''International''. But that guy Nnolim Nnaji is hardworking. Thumbs up for him.
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by APCNig: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2020
lasisi69:

Post the ones your brother Goatluck Jonaddaft did. Wailing wailer.
Re: Enugu Airport: Reps Ask Contractor To Double Efforts Towards Easter Deadline by macfish101(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2020
If you are rehabilitating it to fly down terrorist and zombie military, then hold your development. Evil government. Anybody wey talk nonsense should be ready for better tongue lashing. I don't negotiate with terrorists.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / My Barbados (PART 1) / What Is The Postal Code For Onitsha In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.