Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? (39003 Views)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Third Class/pass Degree/gap Study But Finding Hard To Study Abroad For Masters? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Prec1ous(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

I went to Bluescript IT college, Ibadan. Studied programming following on Php at the time but I have since developed my knowledge by training myself on many other programming languages and frameworks.

My Bro, I just messaged you, please respond. I want you to mentor me. I love the ICT path. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ogubolokento(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2020
I have 3rd class some of my lecturals then now profs started with 3rd class what's important is your ability to defend your degree.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2020
sahito:
what course in programming did u go 4 bro?...cos I need to step up.
I went to Bluescript IT college, Ibadan. Studied programming focusing on HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT at the time but I have since developed my knowledge by training myself on many other programming languages and frameworks.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2020
Afromentalist:
You people Should read the excellent book by Kyosaki:

Why A students work for C students, and why B students work for the government.

The truth is, beyond A level, diplomas are almost useless everywhere in the world unless you want to become an academic professor.

This is even truer in countries like Nigeria where even the modern slavery system called jobs are not even available except you have a connection or godfather. Certificates are good to wipe yansh nowadays, don't be mistaken about that.

The amount of energy and money you put into having a master could turn you into a millionaire if you spent it more wisely.

Instead of running after certificates, try to learn rare skills that will make you free and rich. That's what true Mentalists and aspiring Mentalists do.

The African Mentalist

Ps: those who want the book can contact me for a digital copy.
If you don't mind sir, I'll like to have a copy too..
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by LordPsalm(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2020
If 1st class is still roaming about the street without job, tell me what 3rd class n pass should be doing?
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Deicide: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2020
See them, na so e day easy to start business?
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by walkwithgod(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2020
Afromentalist:

The truth is, beyond A level, diplomas are almost useless everywhere in the world unless you want to become an academic professor.

This is even truer in countries like Nigeria where even the modern slavery system called jobs are not even available except you have a connection or godfather. Certificates are good to wipe yansh nowadays, don't be mistaken about that.

The amount of energy and money you put into having a master could turn you into a millionaire if you spent it more wisely.

Instead of running after certificates, try to learn rare skills that will make you free and rich. That's what true Mentalists and aspiring Mentalists do.

The African Mentalist

I need a digital copy please, thank you.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by lincs25(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2020
From experience, I went for interview as network/system engineer. I am a graduate of computer science. My interviewer go through my civil right there in my face and told me this are the people they are looking for, next was the interview. During the interview session, I answered almost all my question my interviewer congratulate me and told me that I should go and get ready to resume work. If you see the crowd that came for the interview ha. 3rd class is my class of degree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2020
The way pple mention skills as if they are some concrete physical products . Believe me or not most graduates have most skill required to do most jobs successfully, what is lacking now is mostly the right attitudes. The ability to bullshit the whole system and the corky confidence to superimpose yourself in a novel environment.. The Socratic wisdom of knowing that you don't know nothing does not fly in the face of today's extroverted environment that eschews "survival of the fittest". As to why sum1 who went to a uni would graduate a 3rd class.. I think there's a fundamental IQ problem, or a general mental problem. As having a good reading plan of just 45 mins a day can guarantee u at least an upper limit 2:2

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by laborious(m): 11:38am On Mar 06, 2020
You guys don't even have the Idea of what the op is saying, third class graduate don't even get the opportunity to apply for a job talk more of an interview. Believe me they are so underrated and deserve to be given a chance ...most of them will beat those with upper grade if tested...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Dwanay(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2020
Afromentalist:

The African Mentalist

pls I need the book...whatsapp 08133454561
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Afromentalist: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Dwanay:
pls I need the book...whatsapp
Please I can't send the book per WhatsApp. I would gladly send per mail.

To all who asked, I will send in the course of the day. Cheers

The African Mentalist
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by damocool(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Monkeyprick:

Chief, i am not disputing the connection factor, it happens everywhere, even in the developed world.
As for that Biochemistry grad, its likely age isn't on his side for graduate trainee jobs (27 max) but if not, may be he's not closer to information. Young people who knew nobody still get good jobs in this country. It may not be immediately after youth service but it will definitely come, that is if the said good grade holder is within the age range, passed tests and interviews.
I knew nobody when i got my first job in 2014 , in fact i came third on the assessment list of about 500 and my CGPA was 3.61 (Demography & Social statistics).
Thank God for your life bro.. All the same have seen a lot of young men and women with good grades and still floating around and that's why I thanked God for ur life....
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by shogsman(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Two friends of mine graduated with pass, I graduated with a very strong 2:1 like I was just 0.2 shy from a first class,the irony is that those two got jobs before me and they are currently earning way more than me.
Nobody really cares about your certificate.

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by daharry(m): 11:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Afromentalist:
Please I can't send the book per WhatsApp. I would gladly send per mail.
To all who asked, I will send in the course of the day. Cheers
The African Mentalist
Pls you can send the book to this mail lvndhrr@gmail.com. thanks

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Blueelf: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2020
fernandoc:
You may probably argue after reading this but who cares.

So many people who are controlling the nations economy and making it Big graduated with such grades and it didn’t stop them.

Sometimes companies even sought out those with poor grades but having great human relations attributes to make staff quickly.

What if I told you that having a first class degree may hinder you from landing a job in many multi-national companies ? Hard to believe but it’s true fact.

If you’re not in the know you will feel this is the end of the world for you but it’s not.

You may say I’m writing this to console or encourage myself for graduating with a poor grade. No, I graduated top of my class, 95th percentile.

Please I'm saying this respectfully.

Stop spreading such misinformation. That you graduated with such a grade doesn't give you the right to downplay the opportunities those that graduated with way better grades. Stop spreading lies and falsehood.

6 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by nsiba: 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
This op is MOST USELESS
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ENGINER(m): 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Please sir help me with it too.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Op pay attentions to what this guy said.

This is the best advice you can get anywhere. Let me tell you a little story.

An interviewer interviewing Elon musk

Interviewer: Do I need a degree to be like you!

Elon musk: smiled; No, you don't need a degree to be like me.. But you need a degree to work for me.

Advice for those of you saving money to go to school, I challenge you to invest that money or learn a good skill..
NB. When I said skill, i mean an IT skill not all this tailoring and vulcanizer shitty skills

Las las school na scam. Not only in Nigeria but world wide

tripplephi:

You are either in the wrong field or you are thinking wrong.

In today's workplace, SABIFICATE is higher than CERTIFICATE.

"Na who PASS KNOW book but na who get JOB KNOW THE WAY"

Learn a practical skill and be the best at it and the same employers will beg you to be employed

Another factor is WHO DO YOU KNOW..... some names are higher than BSC and even MASTERS.....

YOUR NETWORK IS YOUR NETWORTH

So if you are still running with the old brain mindset that your paper from school can affect your life, then you are either very very ignorant or just unfortunate.

THIRD CLASS PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE THOSE WHO UNDERSTOOD LIFE EARLY AND KNEW THEIR PATH IN LIFE WAS NOT TO CARRY BOOK ON THEIR HEAD, and after school, it is the 3rd class persons', that becomes rich and better than the first class.

SO gbe body eh, shake of that quack mentality your experience has given you and go get 3-5 relevant self employable skills and watch how your life will change in a matter of months.

NB: The skills are FREE if you know how to use your MB data well. Some may even be here on nairaland in the business section.

2 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Na for free ba

Afromentalist:

The African Mentalist

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by deleo16(m): 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Azazeal007:
This is really a sad moment for every Nigerian students out there, when you fit into a job description and then you found out they only want people with higher degree.

Graduating with a 3rd class or pass degree I believe is no sin. But employers out there would not even look at your CV when you are below par, no matter the amount of experience you are bringing. Some unavoidable things must have happened in school that led to that, but nobody cares.

How then do you tell that to the people around you? Especially your parents or guardians who’d be feeling like their investments on you went down the drain. When people finish from the university with a third class or pass degree, they most times feel like their whole world came crashing down on them. How then do one get to a good job?

I personally fall into this category due to some unforseen circumstances but who cares. After searching fruitlessly for jobs for a year now, I just have to sit back and think about my life.

My fellow Nairalanders what is the way forward?No job, no capital to startup my own business, no money to go back for a postgraduate course. Its just me myself and I (Owusagi)
I wanted to ignore the post but felt to help out with my own quota
First forgive yourself and move on,don't dwell on the outcome of the 3rd class what u can do now is to look for interns job to gather lots of experience because that is what u need now (it will be be hard at this because no money) work 3 months then review your CV and start applying for another job with experience that requires no grade because since you are young lad the older you get with no jobs experience the harder it becomes so go and do intern jobs and gain experience u might be fortunate they pay and retain you if you are diligent person
2NDLY-- learn SKILL while at this learn lots of skill
I prefer ICT try Google search jobs of the future
pick one you can learn data science,data analyst or block chain master it make sure u learn 2 skill at least and use it apply for jobs in that area u can even apply for remote job on line those one don't ask for grade from remote website abroad and trust me their pay on a minimum level is $1000 dollars
3RDLY--- learn sales and marketing read books on them this will teach you how to network,close deal and market add digital marketing to it WHY u need for yourself in case u want to go into business in the future or use it for someone else go to udemy or Google search free sales and marketing course and read lots of book on marketing and sales e.g the boron letters by Gary harlbet ,read kiyosaki book on 4 quadrant of money learn ,read " the millionaire fastline by DJ Marco this one will change your orientation this books are not prespire to aspire they are pratical books " learn COPYWRITING" too
LASTLY-- it won't be easy all I have listed here u need PERSISTENCE atimes u feel down look for what will motivate u back then once the money start rolling in u can do a TOP UP programme on your 3rd class the worry for you is that you don't waste time because it's in redeemable its precious. all the best.search "daba.school" register on line it will be of help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Kay25(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
seriously it's like they are not wanted at all and that's sad but it's not sad it is the state of the nation there is very high unemployment in the country that's why there is high discrimination against the lower class.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Kiddllc: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
You alone can guaranty ur usefulness or accept ur uselessness and not any paper given to u by any school

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Opiletool(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
You can take advantage of the Ad-on program offered by Institutions in Ireland. The program gives you the opportunity to earn a new BSc certificate in a course of your choice within a year. The new certificate nullifies the old 3rd class certificate you had. After the program, you'll will be granted a year post study visa, after wish you can apply for masters. And after the masters, you will be granted 2 years post study visa. Its also for HND graduates. Pm me for additional info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Opiletool(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Azazeal007:
This is really a sad moment for every Nigerian students out there, when you fit into a job description and then you found out they only want people with higher degree.

Graduating with a 3rd class or pass degree I believe is no sin. But employers out there would not even look at your CV when you are below par, no matter the amount of experience you are bringing. Some unavoidable things must have happened in school that led to that, but nobody cares.

How then do you tell that to the people around you? Especially your parents or guardians who’d be feeling like their investments on you went down the drain. When people finish from the university with a third class or pass degree, they most times feel like their whole world came crashing down on them. How then do one get to a good job?

I personally fall into this category due to some unforseen circumstances but who cares. After searching fruitlessly for jobs for a year now, I just have to sit back and think about my life.

My fellow Nairalanders what is the way forward?No job, no capital to startup my own business, no money to go back for a postgraduate course. Its just me myself and I (Owusagi)

Go learn a skill. Make money through the skill an save a lot. With 3.5m, you can acquire a new BSc in just a year through a Add-on program offered by schools in Ireland. When you complete it, you will be granted 1 year post study visa that allows you to work. After the one year, you can still apply for masters degree. After the masters, you will be granted 2 years post study visa which allows you to gain more working experience in Ireland. And you know a lot could happen during that period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by IamgratefulLord(f): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
fordunit:
They end up becoming business leaders and CEO's. There is a reason they end up bagging third class. It's not something I have the time to explain.
You are quite right on this. I know a man with a third class degree. He went for his PGD in Education. And started a school. He is even richer than people with a first class degree. He employees 2.1, 2.2 and even 3 classdegrees in his school to teach the pupils.That's the irony of life. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Your Knowledge and Skills can always become Labour,no knowledge is lost but there're specific aspects of life u just need to be the best of the best.For instance,When you want to get brain surgery done you want the best surgeon you can get to do it,not someone from a poor background who passed none of the exams but won his job because of man mmadu...That's life for u...Perhaps our politicians should require more evidence of intellect and not just votes .

6 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by IamgratefulLord(f): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
Mrpsly247:
The way pple mention skills as if they are some concrete physical products . Believe me or not most graduates have most skill required to do most jobs successfully, what is lacking now is mostly the right attitudes. The ability to bullshit the whole system and the corky confidence to superimpose yourself in a novel environment.. The Socratic wisdom of knowing that you don't know nothing does not fly in the face of today's extroverted environment that eschews "survival of the fittest". As to why sum1 who went to a uni would graduate a 3rd class.. I think there's a fundamental IQ problem, or a general mental problem. As having a good reading plan of just 45 mins a day can guarantee u at least an upper limit 2:2
How can you say that? I know at least two people with third class degress that got that grade because they were activists in school. After graduation, they established their businesses and now they control millions. They employ 2.1 and even first class to work for them. This life gives to you what you demand and not what you deserve. cheesy
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by fernandoc(m): 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blueelf:

Please I'm saying this respectfully.

Stop spreading such misinformation. That you graduated with such a grade doesn't give you the right to downplay the opportunities those that graduated with way better grades. Stop spreading lies and falsehood.
I didn’t say it for you to believe me.
And I wouldn’t waste time misleading people if I wasn’t certain of the fact.
Don’t quote me again.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by InvertedHammer: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
Azazeal007:

/
The problem is that you don't know the meaning of success.

/

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by GreatCracker(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
Azazeal007:

To you OP, this reply below i think is the best from the list.
a skill is all you need, since you said you don't have money for now you'll have to stick to one form of digital skill or the other.
just make some research about that and stick to any one you think you'll be a bit passionate about.
and please have patience, and with time positive results will start flowing in.

tripplephi:

You are either in the wrong field or you are thinking wrong.

In today's workplace, SABIFICATE is higher than CERTIFICATE.

"Na who PASS KNOW book but na who get JOB KNOW THE WAY"

Learn a practical skill and be the best at it and the same employers will beg you to be employed

Another factor is WHO DO YOU KNOW..... some names are higher than BSC and even MASTERS.....

YOUR NETWORK IS YOUR NETWORTH

So if you are still running with the old brain mindset that your paper from school can affect your life, then you are either very very ignorant or just unfortunate.

THIRD CLASS PEOPLE THESE DAYS ARE THOSE WHO UNDERSTOOD LIFE EARLY AND KNEW THEIR PATH IN LIFE WAS NOT TO CARRY BOOK ON THEIR HEAD, and after school, it is the 3rd class persons', that becomes rich and better than the first class.

SO gbe body eh, shake of that quack mentality your experience has given you and go get 3-5 relevant self employable skills and watch how your life will change in a matter of months.

NB: The skills are FREE if you know how to use your MB data well. Some may even be here on nairaland in the business section.

lovely reply Bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.