Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? (39014 Views)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University / Third Class/pass Degree/gap Study But Finding Hard To Study Abroad For Masters? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Pat081: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2020
We are in 9ja is who knws who nt sch again, one is on top with bill PMB abi
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Jman06(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mrpsly247:

If I had the tym and energy I would have disambiguated the various terms u have up there.. But note this it's very possible to have knowledge without acting.. It's known as paralysis by analysis. Those are the types that have their knowledge domiciled in their cognitive domain..
I understand the fact that some people have the knowledge without acting, but there are still those who put their knowledge into action and that is what I advocate. However, acting without knowledge is disastrous to say the least.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by nnahernest(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Let me talk to you on a private note,Whatsapp me 07039476669
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by fordunit(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
And you actually started your comment by calling your father and your ancestors fools? Sometimes this faceless forum gives some of you guts to insult your elders and people who can feed your whole generation. Who exactly are you advising with those lies below? Do you know how many people who unfortunately graduated with third class that I know and they are industrial Giants? What of all the people I know who didnt see the four walls of a university yet have built successful businesses for themselves here in Nigeria?

May foolishness reign in your family. Goat!!!

Monkeyprick:

Continue fooling yourself by making cases for westerners who already knew what they want out of life before they put in for their degrees.
My advice is for anyone on a 3rd /Pass is to get a UTME form, start all over again, choose the right course, not all these Art courses (Mass com, History, Pol Science, Pub Admin, sociology, psychology etc) because they're too many on the street and do yourself a favor to graduate with at least 4pt+,provided he/she would graduate before 24 and if you're on a 2.2 endeavor to make it to 3.5
Note : I am not saying there's a ready made jobs for those class of degree (CGPA) but because employers have deviced new means of cutting out numbers .You'll be sure of getting invites for tests and interviews and if you smash it, forget it, only ill luck can testify against you.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by haryomikun(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
fernandoc:

What if I told you that having a first class degree may hinder you from landing a job in many multi-national companies ? Hard to believe but it’s true fact.
Can you state instances of this?

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Dwanay(m): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
Afromentalist:

The book has been sent to all those who provided their email adress. I could not reply any pm because I have difficult access to the email I used to register here.
I'M YET TO GET THE BOOK ON MY MAIL SIR..PLS I NEED IT
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Afromentalist: 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Dwanay:
I'M YET TO GET THE BOOK ON MY MAIL SIR..PLS I NEED IT
I just sent it. it is Epub format. If you have no Epub reader, kindly convert it to pdf first.

Enjoy
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by akinlolumichael(m): 5:19am On Mar 08, 2020
Though,graduating with a lower class of degree might be unseriousness during your school days, but that's not the end of the world. True life story about myself. I graduated from University of Ilorin, Kwara State in 2014. During my school days, I was not serious with my academics, because I do part-time job not because I didn't have a sponsorer that is paying my school fees and taking care of the other bills, but because I want to know how LABOUR MARKET is before entering into it fully. This led to my failure in school (I graduated with a third class). My dad (sponsorer) felt so bad on seeing my result, but i didnt allow that to weigh me down. I quickly join a bakery (though it's ours) to learn how to bake bread. Thank God I took the advantage of learning how to bake, today, baking gives me nothing less than FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA per month. Presently, I have four bakery in my name in different location.
Note: God does not look at school qualification, for him to bless. Biblically, He (God) said, I will have mercy in whom I will have mercy. Don't allow your school qualification to weigh you down. Get a professional course and pray for God's blessing. He will definitely surprise you... God bless

2 Likes

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Formation2009: 5:55am On Mar 08, 2020
d33types:

Like ,what the heck would make you have a 3rd class, when you didn't do any business in school or didn't learn any side skill which swallowed your time of studies!
Bro life is not the same for us all. Too many fights on different sides. Family issues, lack of financial help among other factors causes a 3rd class.

Be Sympathetic and have empathy to people's complaints. Life hard bro. Life is not the same for all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by moonnstar(f): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
SoNature:

Sunshine, I didn't say I was God
I am just stating the obvious
Some of us who finished with much better grades even had to enter the street
It's not funny out there
True my dear
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by ameenkk7: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
It doesn't matter, don't ever believe that sheet of paper will affect your life negatively, your destiny is never attached to it. but rather your idea of being relevant with real-life engagements.

Be creative and innovative. You can decide to become a job creator rather than a job a seeker by becoming an entrepreneur.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Gbengadaniel12: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
lincs25:
From experience, I went for interview as network/system engineer. I am a graduate of computer science. My interviewer go through my civil right there in my face and told me this are the people they are looking for, next was the interview. During the interview session, I answered almost all my question my interviewer congratulate me and told me that I should go and get ready to resume work. If you see the crowd that came for the interview ha. 3rd class is my class of degree.
hi sir, I just wanna ask if you are certified in ccna or hcna
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by lincs25(m): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Gbengadaniel12:
hi sir, I just wanna ask if you are certified in ccna or hcna
I went through the courses but I did not take exams. l gather my experience during my industrial training (IT). After graduating, before getting Job I was practicing it. Supplying systems to school and installing network to school, hotels and cyber cafe.
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Gbengadaniel12: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2020
lincs25:
I went through the courses but I did not take exams. l gather my experience during my industrial training (IT). After graduating, before getting Job I was practicing it. Supplying systems to school and installing network to school, hotels and cyber cafe.
wow, I just graduated from school though, I did learned alot during my 6month IT and I have been studying for the new CCNA exam, due to limited funds Sha I have not been able to write the exam, sir! do you think someone can get internship or pre-nysc job in networking with this my small experience
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by lincs25(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2020
Gbengadaniel12:
wow, I just graduated from school though, I did learned alot during my 6month IT and I have been studying for the new CCNA exam, due to limited funds Sha I have not been able to write the exam, sir! do you think someone can get internship or pre-nysc job in networking with this my small experience
Look for somebody that is good in networking and system maintenance and repairs, attach yourself with the person and gather more experience. I assure you after your nysc you will have a different story to tell.

1 Like

Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Gbengadaniel12: 8:22am On Mar 31, 2020
lincs25:
Look for somebody that is good in networking and system maintenance and repairs, attach yourself with the person and gather more experience. I assure you after your nysc you will have a different story to tell.
thank you for your replies sir, it not being easy getting someone to learn under, I just continue to work and learn using virtual environments,
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nanagom:
sad why’s this always a topic on Nairaland? It reeks of pity and self absorption, what types of jobs have you been looking for? Graduate interns right? Bank jobs abi? Oil and gas shey? All those jobs your certificate gotta speak for you before you can sell yourself right? Mtchewwwwww you’re not ready yet.

I graduated with a second class lower, my degree has never been used to judge me why? Because I sell myself first before my degree, look for Real-estate jobs, sales jobs, get a professional certification if you aren’t that smart, connect on Linkedln build your resume walk into those companies and impress the fuccck outta them, one year no job? Nigga for real? You don’t need a lifelong job take any job that pays the bills use it to build your career follow those job sites on IG n Twitter those ones are real.

I know you’ve been running away from sales job, Dey der make pant de wear you, nansense

Hello sir, Please check my profile and read my topic.....I would like to invite you as a member of the thread, I think it might interest you
Re: Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? by Moohfresh: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
What about those that buy job and has 3rd or even pass class in their first degree

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG / Why Are Countries Referred To As "She"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.