Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,025 members, 7,810,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University (31440 Views)

Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? / Chideraa Njoku Graduates From Indian University, Bags First Class, Gets A Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Young lady who graduated with 3rd class in Nigerian University, bags 100% grade masters in UK university | Scholarship Region

Olamide Egbayelo who graduated with 3rd class in Nigerian University, bags 100% grade masters in UK university

A young lady named Olamide Egbayelo who graduated with a third-class grade in a Nigerian University has bagged a master's degree with distinctions at the University of South Wales in the United Kingdom.

Olamide obtained her first bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Adekunle Ajasin University, Nigeria where she finished with a third class honours.

Despite not graduating with remarkable grades, Olamide did not give up on education instead she pushed on and relocated a few years after the United Kingdom with a determined mindset.

She bagged her master's degree in Strategic and Digital Marketing with an outstanding distinction from the University of South Wales, Wales in the United Kingdom. Olamide took to Twitter to celebrate her achievement.

"Woke up to my final MSC result approved by the exam board. Please, call me DISTINCTION GRADUATE," she tweeted. Olamide stated that the year of her master's was one the toughest of her entire life.

She mentioned that the educational journey took her tears, blood, joy, and everything but she stood firm focused, and persevered on the end goal. She expressed her gratitude to those who contributed to her research.

She also thanked all those who contributed and assisted her in sensing her proposal papers, writing her assessment, and helping her with her dissertation research.

Olamide mentioned that she is very excited about her degree considering the fact that she graduated with a third class for her bachelor’s. She stated that she carried the burden of feeling like a failure but she is glad to have finally overcome.

"From graduating with a third class after 2 extra years in my undergrad to graduating with a distinction in my MSC. The yoke has been broken mehn. I carried this burden for years knowing I could have done better. Knowing I was not an OLODO," she said.

ScholarshipRegion

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by TemplarLandry: 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2023
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by misreal(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
Yeah.
That is the sadistic nature of Nigerian universities.

195 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
Near knew you could do masters with a 3rd class. Kudos to her.

28 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by id4sho(m): 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Nigeria: survival of the fittest undecided

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by sulakishop(m): 12:35am On Dec 05, 2023
Those wicked and sadistic lecturers

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by PedoBear: 1:48am On Dec 05, 2023
I can't stop imagining her mouth on my covk

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Uyi168: 4:53am On Dec 05, 2023
misreal:
Yeah.
the same Nigerian universities where people bagged first class??

most times, people often become more serious with their life when they relocate.
its not everytime we blame the system. The fault can also come from the individuals.

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Herkim(m): 6:24am On Dec 05, 2023
We need to be sincere, She was not serious and dedicated to her studies while she was doing first degree in Nigeria.. You could imagine she had 2 years extra for carry over courses.

Kudos to you, for making your parents to be proud of you.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:28am On Dec 05, 2023
Ex olosho...

5 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by TANID(m): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Near knew you could do masters with a 3rd class. Kudos to her.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by candygist: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2023
Herkim:
We need to be sincere, She was not serious and dedicated to her studies while she was doing first degree in Nigeria.. You could imagine she had 2 years extra for carry over courses.

Kudos to you, for making your parents to be proud of you.

Like you and her were roommates ?

Bros, you can be a 3rd class graduate in without having an extra year. Do your math.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by money121(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2023
Congrat
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2023
PedoBear:

I can't stop imagining her mouth on my covk

See your life. embarassed

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2023
sulakishop:

Those wicked and sadistic lecturers

I know of someone who was frustrated by a university to the extent that she ended up with an HNC but now by the grace of God has graduated with distinction in her masters all in the UK.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by DohFahSo: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
Can you contribute something meaningful? Oh, you can't, cos it's not a post about tribalism or ethnic bashing.

10 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by sulakishop(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2023
Send my greetings and congratulations to her for being brave and steadfast. I have witnessed many attempting suicide due to similar situations.

OLAADEGBU:

I know of someone who was frustrated by a university to the extent that she ended up with an HNC but now by the grace of God has graduated with distinction in her masters all in the UK.

8 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by RepoMan007: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2023
Mumu achievement. Even CS dropout do get good grades when the try out social sciences.
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by emmabest2000(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
9ar na talent killer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
In Nigeria Universities, grades are not awarded based on how good you are, it's about how much you can copy and paste your Lecturer's handout during exams, I literally don't like it, it doesn't encourage students getting better than the lecturers themselves, thus making us stagnant

26 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by GOFRONT(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
I'm just here to see how many times she has gone out to play in the Snow in U.K.........I learnt it is the ways of Nigerians in the UK to go run in the snow........cos on the other thread, one guy in the UK went all out with his family to play in the snowfall and as I dey type this, he still dey receive bashing from left right and center from Nairaland commenters especially from one verywickedgoat guy like that..... cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Bolacocaine: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
RepoMan007:
Mumu achievement. Even CS dropout do get good grades when the try out social sciences.

Sharap

Chicago university children

8 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by mobileboy: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
not surprised
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by NaijaCover(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
Money Is Really Good
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by Mitsurugi(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
Nothing new
Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by EDUECO(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
It is 100% certain she was victimized in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Lady With 3rd Class In Nigerian University Bags 100% Masters In UK University by ClearFlair: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2023
misreal:
Yeah.

Just like APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / Ssce Result Expired After 5 Years / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.