Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi (13996 Views)

Why We Couldn’t Delay Lagos-kano Flight For Emir Bayero, Eight Others – Air Peac / 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi / Amaechi And Wife, Judith Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by EgunMogaji2: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Corona or not, no paid passengers from Omi Adio to Lagos until Xmas 2021.

I’ll take your bet anytime wink
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by sulaak(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
tot:
That is what happens when you are overly dependent on everything foreign.

With the large population we have in Nigeria, yet we can't upskill and deliver. Do the chinese have 2 heads? Useless leaders. Mschew.

Large population with Nigeria education no get head. I beg make Chinese finish railway.
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by wink2015(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
StrikeBack:
There is no future for Nigeria as everything has been mortgage by the Chinese

Ordinary road construction- chinese
Bridges- Chineses
Airport construction- Chinese
Port Construction- Chinese
Federal Government buildings Chinese

We shall see.

NIGERIA IS FOUNDED ON FRAUD !

Nigeria is also fraudulently dancing to a land of no return.
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by OluwaDamilola01: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

We do see the trains though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm comparing him to other ministers not that he's doing anything so fantastic.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by NGpatriot: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:
We have engineers in Nigeria.

We have many universities that churn out engineers yearly.

We have many professors of engineering.

But let's wait for the Chinese stuck in China before our rail project can be finished.

Yea yea I know, they are financing it, blah blah blah...warever...

Most U.S. companies in China can't find enough workers as coronavirus rages on

American companies with operations in China are struggling to find enough workers to get their factories up to speed, with most of the country still shut down because of the raging coronavirus.

Travel restrictions and quarantines imposed by the Chinese government on employees set to come back this week from the extended Lunar New Year holiday has hampered their return to work.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-us-companies-china-production-line

Business action and alleged inaction in response to spread of Wuhan novel coronavirus 2020

In some countries, some firms have quarantined or stopped workers returning from China from resuming work to prevent the spread of the virus. In the US, American Airlines’ pilots have filed a lawsuit to seek an immediate halt of flights to China; airlines across the world have also adopted measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/china-business-action-and-alleged-inaction-in-response-to-spread-of-wuhan-novel-coronavirus-2020

At the moment all over the world, manufacturing, construction companies and corporations are experiencing disruptions because of Coronavirus in China, China is the world's manufacturing ground and suppliers of goods and services that goes into nearly everything produced in the US and other major economies and even here in Nigeria so any disruption in China easily revibrates all over the world.

Chinese workers can not return to their base of operations for safety reasons to protect the world including Chinese people and even you in Nigeria.

This is not about you and your petty and unpatriotic layman rant on NL.

Yes, China is funding the project and obviously must have Chinese workers participating just like many Nigerian engineers participating as part of the agreement including many Nigerians under training in China to run and manage the rail system.

Sadly, many of you did not cry or wail when we had and instead looted the money needed to fund such projects when oil was selling for over $100/barrel, you looked the other way.

The $2.3 billion Jona looted and gave to Dasuki to share with their cronies was more than enough to build 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, but people like you turned a blind eye and eve still in love with the looters responsible for our borrowing situation to build critical infrastructures.

When people like you talk, you do so to deceive people and pretend that you care or love Nigeria when in fact you don't care or give a damn about Nigeria, you just shed your self deceiving crocodile tears to fool yourself and your kind.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by OluwaDamilola01: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

At the moment all over the world, manufacturing, construction companies and corporations are experiencing disruptions because of Coronavirus in China, China is the world's manufacturing ground and suppliers of goods and services that goes into nearly everything produced in the US and other major economies and even here in Nigeria so any disruption in China easily revibrates all over the world.

Chinese workers can not return to their base of operations for safety reasons to protect the world including Chinese people and even you in Nigeria.

Yes, China is funding the project and obviously must have Chinese workers participating just like many Nigerian engineers participating as part of the agreement including many Nigerians under training in China to run and manage the rail system.

Sadly, many of you did not cry or wail when we had and instead looted the money needed to fund such projects when oil was selling for over $100/barrel, you looked the other way.

The $2.3 billion Jona looted and gave to Dasuki to share with their cronies was more than enough to build 2 Lagos Ibadan railway, but people like you turned a blind eye and eve still in love with the looters responsible for our borrowing situation to build critical infrastructures.

When people like you talk, you do so to deceive people and pretend that you care or love Nigeria when in fact you don't care or give a damn about Nigeria, you just shed your self deceiving crocodile tears to fool yourself and your kind.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by DNSPro: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

See zombie
what do u know? have u been to any of the railways stations apart from what u read online? who come be zombie now?
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
DNSPro:
what do u know? have u been to any of the railways stations apart from what u read online? who come be zombie now?

Go n play. You be zombie
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by NGpatriot: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
DJInfluence:
So if the Chinese Govt allowed them, you for let them enter our country? to come spread that virus atik? Clap for yourself.

This is the problem with many of them, the same people won't hesitate to rant and rage when they get infected and die because the Nigerian government allowed in infected people from China.

They value politics, tribalism, and bigotry more than their own safety and well being.

furthermore, tell us which project has been completed on time in this country?

The clueless people forgot to tell us that OBJ signed this agreement with China and awarded the same contract to the same Chinese company back in 2006 even though in the PDP DNA fashion, they abandoned, Jona also pulled the file and quickly abandoned the project till PMB revived and started the project 12 years later.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by NGpatriot: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
DNSPro:

Don't mind the illiterate.

When ignorant and unintelligent people lack sensible response, they shout Zombie when in fact they are the real Zombie.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by DNSPro: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Go n play. You be zombie
I no be zombie. I am not even a fan of this government but I speak truth when I see it. As far as this railway project is concerned, PMB tried. I have been to almost all stations

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by OluwaDamilola01: 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Don't mind the illiterate.

When ignorant and unintelligent people lack sensible response, they shout Zombie when in fact they are the real Zombie.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by OluwaDamilola01: 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

This is the problem with many of them, the same people won't hesitate to rant and rage when they get infected and die because the Nigerian government allowed in infected people from China.

They value politics, tribalism, and bigotry more than their own safety and well being.

The clueless people forgot to tell us that OBJ signed this agreement with China and awarded the same contract to the same Chinese company back in 2006 even though in the PDP DNA fashion, they abandoned, Jona also pulled the file and quickly abandoned the project till PMB revived and started the project 12 years later.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
DNSPro:
I no be zombie. I am not even a fan of this government but I speak truth when I see it. As far as this railway project is concerned, PMB tried. I have been to almost all stations

What do you see at the stations that makes you say so
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]

the blah blah part of my comment was meant for you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by OluwaDamilola01: 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

the blah blah part of my comment was meant for you.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by DNSPro: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What do you see at the stations that makes you say so
the project is 80-90% completed already. I think what is remaining is completion of the railway stations (raillway lines are done already) itself but for some weird reason, they are delaying it. May be issue of money released by government
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
DNSPro:
the project is 80-90% completed already. I think what is remaining is completion of the railway stations (raillway lines are done already) itself but for some weird reason, they are delaying it. May be issue of money released by government

Like I told someone before, all those posturing by Amaechi is just for political visibility not that he's doing anything peculiar. The Chinese are the ones providing everything for the project including 80% of the finance and so will finish it when they want. All the deadlines by Amaechi na just for the cameras. How many times have the deadlines he gave been missed and what has been the penalty for it.

Truth is, this rail is following the same template of Abuja-Kaduna rail. Do you really think it's impossible for the Chinese to build Lagos-Kano in two years if they really want to? So that's what I'm saying. Nothing spectacular is happening about Lagos-Ibadan rail. The project is ongoing as the Chinese intended. Amaechi is the one coming up with different lies to cover for his many lies about deadline.

Like I asked someone, the colonialists built Lagos-Kano under ten years and majority of the labour used were Nigerians. So why can't the Chinese do the same? It's simply because they have nothing to gain doing it that way not any excuse Amaechi decides to come up with.
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by DNSPro: 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Like I told someone before, all those posturing by Amaechi is just for political visibility not that he's doing anything peculiar. The Chinese are the ones providing everything for the project including 80% of the finance and so will finish it when they want. All the deadlines by Amaechi na just for the cameras. How many times have the deadlines he gave been missed and what has been the penalty for it.

Truth is, this rail is following the same template of Abuja-Kaduna rail. Do you really think it's impossible for the Chinese to build Lagos-Kano in two years if they really want to? So that's what I'm saying. Nothing spectacular is happening about Lagos-Ibadan rail. The project is ongoing as the Chinese intended. Amaechi is the one coming up with different lies to cover for his many lies about deadline.

Like I asked someone, the colonialists built Lagos-Kano under ten years and majority of the labour used were Nigerians. So why can't the Chinese do the same? It's simply because they have nothing to gain doing it that way not any excuse Amaechi decides to come up with.

Nigerians are involved bro. What Ameachi is talking about is due to this corona virus, most of them may have not returned.

The news of the virus went viral while Chinese were yet to be back from their holiday. All over the world THEY usually go home this period. I am in constant communication with Chinese and I can tell you that factories are not fully operating, just a few here and there.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
DNSPro:

Nigerians are involved bro. What Ameachi is talking about is due to this corona virus, most of them may have not returned.

The news of the virus went viral while Chinese were yet to be back from their holiday. All over the world THEY usually go home this period. I am in constant communication with Chinese and I can tell you that factories are not fully operating, just a few here and there.

You do realize though that flights from China are not banned from entering Nigeria. So nothing is really stopping them from coming back.

That Nigerians are involved should have made the project faster if they were really as involved as they ought to be. Like I told you, if Lagos- Kano can be completed under ten years in the early 20th century, we should be able to achieve it at a faster pace with all the modern technology.

Think about it, if the project is 90% completed as you claim, it means the bulk of the work has been done. So why can't Nigerian engineers who i'm sure also worked on the Abuja-Kaduna rail handle the rest if they are serious about meeting Amaechi's deadline? Why stop work simply because some people went on holiday.

So I hope you understand what I'm saying. The completion of the project has nothing to do with Amaechi, instead it's the Chinese that determine when they finish not Nigeria. When they were building Abuja-Kaduna rail, we did not hear so much noise from GEJ's minister of transport but right now, Abuja-Kaduna has been completed in less time than Lagos- Ibadan albeit Abuja- Kaduna is longer.
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by mozona(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
hmmm...

thief!
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by DNSPro: 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You do realize though that flights from China are not banned from entering Nigeria. So nothing is really stopping them from coming back.

That Nigerians are involved should have made the project faster if they were really as involved as they ought to be. Like I told you, if Lagos- Kano can be completed under ten years in the early 20th century, we should be able to achieve it at a faster pace with all the modern technology.

Think about it, if the project is 90% completed as you claim, it means the bulk of the work has been done. So why can't Nigerian engineers who i'm sure also worked on the Abuja-Kaduna rail handle the rest if they are serious about meeting Amaechi's deadline? Why stop work simply because some people went on holiday.

So I hope you understand what I'm saying. The completion of the project has nothing to do with Amaechi, instead it's the Chinese that determine when they finish not Nigeria. When they were building Abuja-Kaduna rail, we did not hear so much noise from GEJ's minister of transport but right now, Abuja-Kaduna has been completed in less time than Lagos- Ibadan albeit Abuja- Kaduna is longer.

As far as railway lines are concerned, bulk of the work has been done based on my assessment. I have checked the Ogun state axis extensively. Where works is still on going is Lagos axis because of the population and buildings obstructing right of way that had to be demolished and so many technicalities, but for Ogun state and Oyo State much of the works have been done and this include erecting pillars/beams for bridges to link where the train would pass. I even have a video of the Abeokuta axis with bridges linking sections as we drove past it.

Last month, new coaches were seen heading towards Ewekoro, probably going to Abeokuta but I am not sure. And coaches wouldn't be delivered if works have not reached advanced stages, would they?

As for the Chinese, I can tell you that even their factories are shut down right now. just a few are about starting operations.
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by izibili44: 3:35am On Mar 07, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na the game.u just make me laugh here.
Barthley:
Just kuku tell us you don spend the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lotto War: CDNDC Seeks Probe Of Magu, Kashamu’s Alleged Ties / Achebe: Community, Church, Family Fight Over Body / IPOB Insists On Boycott Of 2019 General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.