Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus (46528 Views)

Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) / 3 Nigerians Arrested In USA With Fake Documents, $53k Cash In A Stolen Maserati. / Thieves Roasting A Stolen Goat Caught And Disgraced, Made To Carry It On Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by techstack: 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
We all know the right thing to do
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Longman180(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
southniyikaye:
A guy opened a thread about ladipo boys selling stolen vehicle parts https://www.nairaland.com/5720382/ladipo-market-traders-aid-us and this made me remember my ordeal some years ago I think 2014/2015.

I was a site manager with a construction firm, DELABAS construction.

For those who knows mushin very well, this site is close to mushin last bus stop, adjacent FCMB agege motor road mushin, very close to ladipo madket. There is this brand new lexus rx330 from the look of things, it was bought brand new and from the way I looked at it, maybe 4-5months used. It was parked at the front of our site but I didn't notice on time. It was there for like 3days,but my believe was that maybe the owner just come there and park it everyday very early before I get to site though even when I close from site, I still leave it there.

On the third day, the woman selling paraga beside the site called my attention to it that the key is at the keyhole and the car hasn't moved for the past three days. Some ladipo boys were there to drink so two of them came close to me and said engineer, shey u Sabi drive? I said yes, if u fit carry this motor come ladipo, na 2million you go collect.

Now this is the issue, at the back of our site is olosan police station, before u get to ladipo, there is another police station before bally white hotels,

I thought about it seriously and I decided to go inform them at olosan police station and when the police came, I was even the one that drove the car to the police station.

Two days later, I got to know the suv belong to the chairman of bluegate ups, he was robbed and the driver was killed, they used the vehicle as a getaway and coincidentally parked it at the front of our site.

I heard the man gave the policemen about 100k dem no share me Sha but anytime dey see me, they always hail me and it gave me some leverage in, mushin.

Now twist, what if I agree with the ladipo guys and the car is being tracked or police just stopped me on my way to ladipo, what will I tell them?

Below is the picture of the site back then when it was under construction.
When u look closely u will see the FCMB bank.
okay oo,we now know you are a an egnr

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Which kind nonsense post is this?
Wetin concern Olosan police station with Ladipo?
How is FCMB agege motor road close to Ladipo?

This distance between all the location mentioned in this post is very off.
Everybody must sha clout chase!
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by puremaker7(m): 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
You did well brother..

NB nice work going on in your site but i would like to add with usage of black leather on decking before casting to avoind leakage of cement water and damaging of woods, in my site even if its a 5ft decking i must use leather on it.
what type of engineer are you? u should have used a professional terms.
The professional term for Decking is Floor slab,
The black leather is DPM(damproof membrane)
and there is nothing like leakage, it's call dampness in construction term. Dampness occur when concrete gain moisture through capillary action

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Comedian2019: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
southniyikaye:
A guy opened a thread about ladipo boys selling stolen vehicle parts https://www.nairaland.com/5720382/ladipo-market-traders-aid-us and this made me remember my ordeal some years ago I think 2014/2015.

You saved yourself a lot of pains by not being greedy. Keep it up bro,

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
bloody lucky you.
thats why i hate toyotas, just too common.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Fl3xN3Esses: 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
southniyikaye:

I thought about it seriously and I decided to go inform them at olosan police station and when the police came, I was even the one that drove the car to the police station.

What a useless country. No evidence of samples taken, instead they ask an ordinary citizen to contaminate potential future evidence on their behalf.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by PicLtd: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
MistadeRegal:
angry
"Carry am come Ladipo and N2M na your money o!"
Evil and devilish implicators!
undecided
Why didn't they drive it to Ladipo and collect the N2M?
GOD saved you that you ain't the greedy type. Your enemy could have been cooling their feet right now in a a damp Police Cell, accused of the robbery.

...and murder..

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by sniperr007(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Elsanchez:
Thank God you did the right thing

Why are you thanking him for doing the right thing?

What was he suppose to do?
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by FirstbornWds: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Elsanchez:

Hmmm, this your name reminds me of a certain criminal element of the 80s

Are you related?

Anini's Cohort
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Adgideon(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
By now u 4 dey soke beans dey drink Garri
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by MistadeRegal(m): 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

...and murder..

Yes bro.
And accuses of being the killer of the dead...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Jlow2: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
be mindful when you say Ladipo traders, those that come to hustle at Ladipo are different from those that own shops, warehouses and re importers and they also belong to various unions,
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
He may have given the policemen even more than 100k, but out of self centredness and to claim they know and do their job diligently they won't say you were the person who informed them about the car so the owner could show appreciation even if it's in kind not necessarily cash. Could be a Business deal or something.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Reference(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
The interactions with people concerning the said vehicle could have caused you serious problems. Learn to keep issues of security closely knit. As the property custodian 3 days is far too long for a vehicle to remain on your property before taking action, overnight should raise alarm and then donot entertain solicitations or make your identity or actions known to strangers.

Also donot publish the fact that you probably aided the police in the investigation of violent crimes, for your safety.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by frozen70(f): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
It takes discipline to avoid being tempted with money

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
Elsanchez:

Hmmm, this your name reminds me of a certain criminal element of the 80s

Are you related?

certain criminal element of the 80s ?
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Hardebayo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
I thank God for your life, for overcoming temptation. God Shall be with you always in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by ebby9z(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
It must have been very tempting but thank God you overlooked it. Cos there's no way you would have avoided being jailed for murder. Your life would have been destroyed patapata.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by ibinaboonline: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Even if you drove the vehicle safely to ladipo, you won't get shi shi from them. And you are now complicit. You did the right thing.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Doktajay5: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

I tell u. The 2m reward is enough danger sign. Those guys are detective looking for whom to use as scapegoat.

No trader will promise that outrageous amount, and most spare parts traders can drive

Very true..
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Whumzhie(f): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
you are a contented guy. bless ur soul
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oooops:
Something must kill a man. One has to be extra careful in this day and time. *But for your lack of greed, you would have been in prison right now for a murder you had no idea about.
Lesson for those “get rich quick” guys*

Just imagine how he would have been innocently jailed for a murder he knew nothing about, let alone committing. Many greedy ones are languishing in prison right now with no hope for freedom in the nearest decade.

Anyone that choose to utilize his good upbringing gotten from either home, church, school, or wherever; might not suddenly get rich in life but he would certainly not miss his destiny.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Coronasunworshi: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Wow

Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tonymegabush1:
You did well brother..

NB nice work going on in your site but i would like to add with usage of black leather on decking before casting to avoind leakage of cement water and damaging of woods, in my site even if its a 5ft decking i must use leather on it.
if u can buy hard mixture go for it you’ll never regret it
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by decub: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
southniyikaye:

I was a site manager with a construction firm, DELABAS construction.

For those who knows mushin very well, this site is close to mushin last bus stop, adjacent FCMB agege motor road mushin, very close to ladipo madket. There is this brand new lexus rx330 from the look of things, it was bought brand new and from the way I looked at it, maybe 4-5months used. It was parked at the front of our site but I didn't notice on time. It was there for like 3days,but my believe was that maybe the owner just come there and park it everyday very early before I get to site though even when I close from site, I still leave it there.

On the third day, the woman selling paraga beside the site called my attention to it that the key is at the keyhole and the car hasn't moved for the past three days. Some ladipo boys were there to drink so two of them came close to me and said engineer, shey u Sabi drive? I said yes, if u fit carry this motor come ladipo, na 2million you go collect.

Now this is the issue, at the back of our site is olosan police station, before u get to ladipo, there is another police station before bally white hotels,

Two days later, I got to know the suv belong to the chairman of bluegate ups, he was robbed and the driver was killed, they used the vehicle as a getaway and coincidentally parked it at the front of our site.

I heard the man gave the policemen about 100k dem no share me Sha but anytime dey see me, they always hail me and it gave me some leverage in, mushin.

Now twist, what if I agree with the ladipo guys and the car is being tracked or police just stopped me on my way to ladipo, what will I tell them?

Below is the picture of the site back then when it was under construction.
When u look closely u will see the FCMB bank.
You get mind bro. Go report to Nigerian Police and they say make you come drive, you still enter drive.

If you can't tow it to your station, leave it there; I can't drive.
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by ChiefSweetus: 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
youngbabaj:
And the mushin guys didn't come back for u
Funny thing is they would've have given him any N2m. What does he want to do about it if they dont give him. Report to police??
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by nextstep(m): 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Wise from the OP.

But just imagine how an innocent buyer of that car could have been roped into getting stolen goods. But OP, I cannot come and drive hot car even if police ask. I will just report it and move on. Next thing they will rope you in.

I don't understand why those guys didn't just find one of their own to drive the car? Abi dem no sabi drive ni? First collect the papers from the car, lock the car, then go and change few details, print it, then come back and drive the car. If police stop you, your papers are "correct". Only trouble is you must find means to put another VIN and engine number (because the old ones are already registered as stolen).
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Some Nigerians will say that you are Mumu!!
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by Kayharry(m): 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
2 million ? That is if u come out of that ladipo alive .
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by youngbabaj(m): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
ChiefSweetus:

Funny thing is they would've have given him any N2m. What does he want to do about it if they dont give him. Report to police??

Lol...... Glory be to jah
Re: My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus by mamaafrik(m): 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Op,you should have done it low key,this world people wicked ooooo,you do good con fey show pictures of yaself and making yourself traceable,people who did the deal fit arrange for youoooooo,nextinme just do your good and leave the picture trumpet out of it.
O dangerous gan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Spent N60m On Ummukulsum – Chinese Man Who Killed His Lover Tells Kano Court / Fidelity Bank’s Manager Orders The Beating Of Customers / Security Guard Arrested For Having Sex With His Daughter Severally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.