Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map (3877 Views)

Tinubu’s Government: Where Is Nigeria’s Soul, Moral Compass? By Olu Fasan / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Buhari Wishes Osinbajo Speedy Recovery, Commends Him For Using A Local Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
How come? I mean, how was it possible that we divided the south into SW, SS & SE just like that when the state lines and position on the map geographically states otherwise? undecided

Just see the picture below and ask yourself how come the Green Zone is in the EAST while the pink zone is the SOUTH SOUTH? I mean, isn’t it crazy grin

Who did ya this thing?

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:
How come? I mean, how was it possible that we divided the south into SW, SS & SE just like that when the state lines and position on the map geographically states otherwise? undecided

Just see the picture below and ask yourself how come the Green Zone is in the EAST while the pink zone is the SOUTH SOUTH? I mean, isn’t it crazy grin

Who did ya this thing?
So tell us, what do you feel should have been the correct thing and how would that have made the well-being of the aforementioned regions better?

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Officialgarri: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
We learn everyday and today, I've chosen to be your tutor.

The geopolitical zones are not determined based on geographical locations. The zones are actually classified based on similar ethnicity.

The SE states for example, have a common language that binds them, which is Igbo language.
The SW is Yoruba .... et cetera

So I hope you are clear now?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Nakedtruths: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

So tell us, what do you feel should have been the correct thing and how would that have made the well-being of the aforementioned regions better?
You be mumu

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by gidgiddy: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

Who did ya this thing?

What you have to remember is that in reality, the SE, SS and SW do not exist. The constitution does not recognize anywhere called SW, SS or SE. These were just names that Abacha conjured from thin air to represent a group of states based on locality for economic planning

It just makes it easier to refer to a group of states in a particular area by strange name

4 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nakedtruths:

You be mumu
I wasn't talking to you mr man. Face your front unless you're hungry to be banned.

3 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

What you have to remember is that in reality, the SE, SS and SW do not exist. The constitution does not recognize anywhere called SW, SS or SE. These were just names that Abacha conjured from thin air to represent a group of states based on locality for economic planning

It just makes it easier to refer to a group of states in a particular area by strange name
Abacha? I thought it was an Igbo man that came up with them. Let me check
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by gidgiddy: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

The geopolitical zones are not determined based on geographical locations. The zones are actually classified based on similar ethnicity.

The SE states for example, have a common language that binds them, which is Igbo language.

And which common language binds the SS?

9 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by kelvine(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
Looking at the map again, I wish to ask same question.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

so from the bolded it’s your opinion that Nigeria isn’t being ‘realistic’ in the handling of her state lines and borders?

abamena! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by solmusdesigns: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

Who did ya this thing?

Semi educated General Abacha introduced the geopolitical zone hogwash and it has no constitutional backing , Nigeria recognizes just 36 state and FCT which was a product of western region, eastern region and northern region recognized by our constitiution before Aguiyi Ironsi and Professor Ben Uwuanbuzuke abolished the constitution with a decree

as it stand Nigeria needs a sovereign conference to discuss many issue,

4 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

niger delta language... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Semi educated General Abacha introduced the geopolitical zone hogwash and it has no constitutional backing , Nigeria recognizes just 36 state and FCT which was a product of western region, eastern region and northern region recognized by our constitiution before Aguiyi Ironsi and Professor Ben Uwuanzuke
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

I’m bringing it here so you all can justify it. I am as confused as an albino goat on this topic.

If you feel it’s right then give reasons, that’s why I’m asking
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Officialgarri: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

A similar culture binds the SS, especially Edo vs Delta.

Even of kai-kai (dry gin) binds them together grin
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by helinues: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by rummmy: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

how come all the fulanis are not in the same zone of north.... Why is ndoki in abia and rivers, why is opobo in South South, also asaba
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by solmusdesigns: 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

if that's the case culture of kaikai bounds BenDel, Ijaw and Ibos
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by EliteDude(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

The Oyel (pronounced Oil) binds them

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

if that's the case culture of kaikai bounds BenDel, Ijaw and Ibos
[/s]
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by nlPoster: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Southeast= Igbo

South south= non Igbo.

How would you like the map redrawn?
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

I’m bringing it here so you all can justify it. I am as confused as an albino goat on this topic.

If you feel it’s right then give reasons, that’s why I’m asking
Well, it has been like that for awhile and I think most of us have come to live with it,if there's any change I think should be made is the creation of one more state for the SE in the spirit of equity, and then decentralization of power from Abuja so let regions take full control of what they have and contribute to the center instead of the center handing out Money at the end of the month, doesn't encourage competition, that's all. I'm from akwa Ibom btw

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Well, it has been like that for awhile and I think most of us have come to live with it,if there's any change I think should be made is the creation of one more state for the SE in the spirit of equity, and then decentralization of power from Abuja so let regions take full control of what they have and contribute to the center instead of the center handing out Money at the end of the month, doesn't encourage competition, that's all. I'm from akwa Ibom btw

It’s been like that for how long? And why have you accepted it when you know it’s not making any iota of sense? If a foreigner sees this map and the way it’s divided I’m sure there will be lots of questions. A good way to ‘look silly’ is to claim that it’s been like that for long and you’ve settled for it as being normal.

If you look closely with an open mind you’d find there’s something inherently wrong about this map angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

It’s been like that for how long? And why have you accepted it when you know it’s not making any iota of sense? If a foreigner sees this map and the way it’s divided I’m sure there will be lots of questions. A good way to ‘look silly’ is to claim that it’s been like that for long and you’ve settled for it as being normal.

If you look closely with an open mind you’d find there’s something inherently wrong about this map angry
Lol. Keep it calm and constructive bro no insult. I know it looks absurd, but what's the point of changing the names of the regions or redrawing borderlines, for one we here in the SS wouldn't want to have an old eastern region again, many minority groups in the North would also not want to be grouped with the core North anymore, outside going back to the old nothern region, Eastern region and Western region which won't be acceptable, what do u suggest should be done?
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Sammy07: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Well, I think it should be SE and SW only..

Judging by the map..
River Niger has divided the region..
Rivers, cross river & Akwaibom should go to SE...
While, delta, Bayelsa, & Edo.. Should go to SW..
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol. Keep it calm and constructive bro no insult. I know it looks absurd, but what's the point of changing the names of the regions or redrawing borderlines, for one we here in the SS wouldn't want to have an old eastern region again, many minority groups in the North would also not want to be grouped with the core North anymore, outside going back to the old nothern region, Eastern region and Western region which won't be acceptable, what do u suggest should be done?

I didn’t mean to seem insulting but it looks like this country needs to be separated then undecided there’s no need living together with people who you’d rather not share a same geographical location with right?

4 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
But really shocked so we all accepted this abnormality as norm in the name of dividing the south? Wonderful!

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Sammy07: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
If I were to redraw the map..
SW...
Kwara, kogi, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Edo, delta, Bayelsa

SE
Rivers, Akwaibom, C/River, Anambra, Enugu, IMO, Abia, ebony, Benue

NE
Nasarrawa, Plateau, taraba, bauchi, gombe, adamawa, yobe, bornu, jigawa.

NW
Abuja, Niger , Kaduna, Kano, sokoto, kastina, kebbi, zamfara
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
Conner44:

I didn’t mean to seem insulting but it looks like this country needs to be separated then undecided there’s no need living together with people who you’d rather not share a same geographical location with right?
Lol relax bro, reason with me. The Igbo, hausa fulani and the Yoruba are really big group's, who Excel in what they do, now putting minorities in regions with them isn't good as they will not even be able to compete with them, even in nature there's what we call natural selection or survival of the fittest, so you need to place the minorities where they will be able to compete and have a sense of belonging, it's not dislike or hate, u get me now? It's like when three cheetahs want to race, u bring dog,wolf, jaguar etc to come and race with them, e no pure.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Sammy07: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol relax bro, reason with me. The Igbo, hausa fulani and the Yoruba are really big group's, who Excel in what they do, now putting minorities in regions with them isn't good as they will not even be able to compete with them, even in nature there's what we call natural selection or survival of the fittest, so you need to place the minorities where they will be able to compete and have a sense of belonging, it's not dislike or hate, u get me now? It's like when three cheetahs want to race, u bring dog,wolf, jaguar etc to come and race with them, e no pure.

You're making sense...
And moreover
It's highly possible the minorities languages/cultures to go into extinction..
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blackking98(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sammy07:

You're making sense...
And moreover
It's highly possible the minorities languages/cultures to go into extinction..
exactly bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Be Quick To Crucify Sen. Ike Ekweremadu. Here Are The Facts Coming Out / Atiku In Merger Talks With Obi TO Floor Tinubu In An Inevitable Election Re-run / Is Nigeria Press Into Phone Hacking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.