Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map (3551 Views)

Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Buhari Wishes Osinbajo Speedy Recovery, Commends Him For Using A Local Hospital / Map Showing States Controlled By PDP & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Blue3k(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2020
You guys are worried about this why? It would be like US citizens worrying sbout how federal government classifies the regions.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Kinematics: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
rummmy:
how come all the fulanis are not in the same zone of north.... Why is ndoki in abia and rivers, why is opobo in South South, also asaba

Your head dey pain you.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by GamalNasser: 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:
We learn everyday and today, I've chosen to be your tutor.

The geopolitical zones are not determined based on geographical locations. The zones are actually classified based on similar ethnicity.

The SE states for example, have a common language that binds them, which is Igbo language.
The SW is Yoruba .... et cetera

So I hope you are clear now?

Then it shouldn't have been labelled South East But Igbo East na

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by PicLtd: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Semi educated General Abacha introduced the geopolitical zone hogwash and it has no constitutional backing , Nigeria recognizes just 36 state and FCT which was a product of western region, eastern region and northern region recognized by our constitiution before Aguiyi Ironsi and Professor Ben Uwuanbuzuke abolished the constitution with a decree

as it stand Nigeria needs a sovereign conference to discuss many issue,

Who abolished the regions and created states? Gowon and Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by solmusdesigns: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blue3k:
You guys are worried about this why? It would be like US citizens worrying sbout how federal government classifies the regions.

US is migrants vs west indies country, Nigeria has over 100 ethnicity
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by solmusdesigns: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

Who abolished the regions and created states? Gowon and Awolowo.

After Aguiyi abolished regional system for a unitary one it resulted to gowon's simplification of the unit
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by PicLtd: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

After Aguiyi abolished regional system for a unitary one it resulted to gowon's simplification of the unit

Olodo, the regions were still existing after Aguiyi was neutralized, there were regionial military governors when he was killed.

Gowon on the advise of Awolowo abolished the regions and created states.
Never forget to tell that part of the story anytime you attempt to revel us with your usual yoruba propaganda of pre-civil war revisionism.

Today yoruba are biggest criers of regionalism that Gowon and Awo abolished and killed.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by solmusdesigns: 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
PicLtd:

Olodo, the regions were still existing after Aguiyi was neutralized, there were regionial military governors when he was killed.

Gowon on the advise of Awolowo abolished the regions and created states.
Never forget to tell that part of the story anytime you attempt to revel us with your usual yoruba propaganda of pre-civil war revisionism.

Today yoruba are biggest criers of regionalism that Gowon and Awo abolished and killed.

stop talking bunkum I never said Gowon never created new unit in the new federal system both Agiuyi centralized the command, and trying to pin Awolowo the finance minister is funny
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by PicLtd: 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

stop talking bunkum I never said Gowon never created new unit in the new federal system both Agiuyi centralized the command, and trying to pin Awolowo the finance minister is funny

You cannot succesfully extricate Awo from the anomaly. Awolowo was the second highest important official at that time. He was de facto VP and finance minister and there was no evidence of a single protest from the usually radical Awo when Gowon dissolved the regions and created states.

Awo was part and parcel of the dissolution of regions from the facts herein. So the yoruba cry of return to regionalism is self-inflicted. However you want to spin it.

2 Likes

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by nlPoster: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

Then it shouldn't have been labelled South East But Igbo East na

It's in southern Nigeria
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Somebody educate and enlighten me please.

Why is it that after giving cameroon bakassi peninsula, our dear map of Nigeria is still the same. It hasnt changed.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by xelly: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol. Keep it calm and constructive bro no insult. I know it looks absurd, but what's the point of changing the names of the regions or redrawing borderlines, for one we here in the SS wouldn't want to have an old eastern region again, many minority groups in the North would also not want to be grouped with the core North anymore, outside going back to the old nothern region, Eastern region and Western region which won't be acceptable, what do u suggest should be done?

Why do you think it is not going to be acceptable? Why do you think this should remain and it is acceptable? Nigeria is highly divided and as such we have this.

If we want to have a country, we should have a country. I don't know if there's any country that is not fair to her citizen as Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by nlPoster: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Google educate and enlighten me please.

Why is it that after giving cameroon bakassi peninsula, our dear map of Nigeria is still the same. It hasnt changed.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by OluwaDamilola01: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

US is migrants vs west indies country, Nigeria has over 100 ethnicity
[/s]
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by rosebowl01(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

And which common language binds the SS?

Group of minority languages in the south.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Asura: 11:48am On Mar 07, 2020
Those are just political divisions and have no legal backing i think.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by rummmy: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Kinematics:

Your head dey pain you.
you need sense
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by holicupp(m): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
they should carve in wat they carved out and every thing will be normal thanks
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by flamingREED(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
Funny how South-East is like a lump of eba inside a thick bowl called South-South.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by nlPoster: 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
Interesting analogy.

Explain better what you mean?
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by justtoodark: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
let this maps thingy be....
it will do you no good....
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by justtoodark: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
didnt you people wondered why the capital was moved to abuja....??
study the location....

its like the south is trying to balance out against the north....
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Lol.

I have always thought so too.

Igboland is not even in the east of the country. The land of the rising sun is a wrong connotation.

More like the land in the cup of the South.

Taraba and Adamawa are in the east of the country.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by SundayIgbanke: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Lol.

Igboland is not even in the east of the country. The land of the rising sun is a wrong connotation.

[/s]
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by justtoodark: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:
Lol.

actualy if you think over it,biafra mean nothing....
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by justtoodark: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
biafra is nothing when you study this map....
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
justtoodark:

actualy if you think over it,biafra mean nothing....

Well, I wouldn't know about that since I don't speak the language.

But I once heard an old Igbo lady express disapproval that the name Biafra was formed from the words Bia furu.

What Bia furu means , I don't know and I didn't ask.
Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by justtoodark: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Well, I wouldn't know about that since I don't speak the language.

But I once heard an old Igbo lady express disapproval that the name Biafra was formed from the words Bia furu.

What Bia furu means , I don't know and I didn't ask.

i heared its a portuguese word or something....

the word is not even african sef....
nothing make sense in this world.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Using A Compass And Ruler ... See Our Map by Conner44: 7:48pm On May 24, 2021
this map self, it still baffles me till today

(1) (2) (Reply)

IS ODUDUWA LAND BECOMING FULANI NATION? - PHOTOS OF SARKIN LAGOS / President Buhari Disgrace A Nigeria Popular Comedian Mr Macaroni / If Amaechi Eventually Clinches APC Ticket, Only This Man Can Save PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.