Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone (12908 Views)

iOS 15: Share Your Experience After the Update / Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 / List Of Infinix Devices To Receive Official Android 9.0 P Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Buzx: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
Copied from my previous post on camera thread..

In as much as I love samsung so much( I like am pass iphone).. I will have to concur that iphone is the best of all phone.. but all these xiaomi( djprince grin) assswipers no go gree tell their self the truth..
No phone can compare to iPhone when u talk of
reliability,
speed,
Update
Resales value
Test of time
camera( except google pixel)
, speaker
videoing( shey I correct sha)
Security( the main reason top officials use it)
Class ( reason why celebrities and big boys use it)

Even , it is believed in this part of the world that if you are using latest iPhone, you are rich ( and it is true to some extent.. no matter how u want to twist it to suit your point, A POOR person cant afford latest iphone.. even if you be olosho, using latest iphone means that you get level for your olosho work, even if u use all your savings to get the phone , baba u are still balling cos 200k upwardno be small money to buy phone.. even if dem dash u the phone, u still get class, because for person to carry latest iPhone give you , u get some worth be dat )

For Total performance sincerely no phone can be compared to iPhone.

. I handled the latest iphone 11 and bros, " oyinbo know wetin dem dey sell cheap" that phone is out of this world..

some people no go gree say iphone better pass there phone either cos
1. Dem no get money to buy am( 80% of people that hate to admit iphone superiority)
2. They are used to android so well
3. Cus it cant be customised like android
4. Cost of casting
5. They have no reason to buy it cos their phone is serving them
6. Some people are not phone frick

U can only compare samsung with iPhone when It comes to display..
Though me no be phone frick..
And talk of class,,
Na iphone
samsung
Google pixel
Huawei
iPhone is just like benz
Talk of raw camera oo
Na
1. Google pixel
2. iPhone
3. samsung
In that order

.. all please between samsung a51 and s9+, please which will you choose guys?? I've asked this question before, but I'm still yet to decide sha

It depends on the Iphone. My friend's iPhone 7+ is a disaster; it's an incinerator, slow as f**k, poor battery life, Mb sucker. The only good thing about the phone is that it has an Apple logo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by oz4real83(m): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
shogsman:

Dude if you have 10k you'll get an iPhone 4,your argument aiiint valid.
And the exchange rate is 367 not 370.
what services do iphone 4 phones support? Is an app like whatsapp still working on it? Which iphone4 do you say costs 10k? Stolen ones maybe. No new iphone4 costs that amount.
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Crispels(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
AsaBlackheart:
That battery aspect, I completely disagree with it.
A lot of my friends use iPhones and I know the rate at which they charge up and down, Whereas my Pouvoir 3 plus battery still dey gallant.

Do your friends use Flagship iPhones line the 10xMax or iPhone 11 Pro Max?

1 Like

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by NuclearReactor: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
@OP, Most of the people here that will disagree with you are yet to use iPhone, so don't be surprise at their naivety.

If you've used an android phone and iPhone, there's no way you'll be arguing about everything the OP wrote here.
Most of you who bash use low end android devices and compare it with iPhones way more expensive, used flagship Samsung, Huawei,etc compare it and come back and tell us your honest report
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by davillian(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Op said iPhone has resale value
Pls how much was iPhone x when it came out and how much is the price now.....
Guess how much is Samsung s10 plus screen?

I like iPhone but I'm waiting until they reduce the weight of their phone I hate phones that are heavy.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Geedy: 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Abeg u fit dash me the Samsung since you no dey use am again, I no dey joke o
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Crispels(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Olamyyde:
Your review reeks of bias and ignorance. If the 4gb ram of your iphone is better than an android device with 12gb ram, open 100 tabs on your safari browser with data then switch your data off. You would see that all the pages would start reloading, and they won't show with your data off.Then try that on the 12gb ram phone with chrome.

Ios is just pure hype. Apart from frequent updates and security, there is nothing special about it. Why it seems so smooth is because apple is in full control of the hardware and software of their devices unlike anndroid. Google has to create software for countless brands like samsung, huawei, sony, motorola etc and also different processors like qualcomm, mediatek, exynos and kirin.

If apple had the same challenge, ios would be the laggiest os ever.

I just tried what you just said on my Safari Browser and nothing reloaded. Mind you, I use a WiFi 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Crispels(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
NuclearReactor:

Most of you who bash use low end android devices and compare it with iPhones way more expensive, used flagship Samsung, Huawei,etc compare it and come back and tell us your honest report

My review is based on two high end/ flagship devices of Samsung and Apple.

1 Like

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by AsaBlackheart(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Crispels:

Do your friends use Flagship iPhones line the 10xMax or iPhone 11 Pro Max?

Some use 10.
But are you saying that you have to get iPhone 10 or 11 for you to truly enjoy all the characteristics you mentioned??

If so, that means that lower models probably have batteries with 1000mAh or 500mAh sef.

:-/
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Olamyyde(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Crispels:

I just tried what you just said on my Safari Browser and nothing reloaded. Mind you, I use a WiFi 99% of the time.
Did u open 100 different tabs with 100 different webpages on?

Even if u did. Minimize the app, play a game or do something else intensive with the phone for 45mins, then come back to the app with your wifi off. Dem no born safari well not to reload the pages. Even laptops with 4gb ram go struggle also.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by oodua1stson: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
The amount of bias towards iPhone on this post is laughable.

Abeg ooo, if you use a Samsung flagship from 3 years ago that lags please make a video and post it here. I believe Androids have defeated the issue Of lags. I no longer use a flagship Samsung. I use a70 and I've NEVER experienced lag. Not even once.

And then 2019 Samsung has(imo) solved the battery issue for good. I was with my phone from 70% and went on a trip. Even with the guy charging his iPhone 11 from the car my a70 still had more juice by the time we returned to Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Couzy21(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
Copied from my previous post on camera thread..

In as much as I love samsung so much( I like am pass iphone).. I will have to concur that iphone is the best of all phone.. but all these xiaomi( djprince grin) assswipers no go gree tell their self the truth..
No phone can compare to iPhone when u talk of
reliability,
speed,
Update
Resales value
Test of time
camera( except google pixel)
, speaker
videoing( shey I correct sha)
Security( the main reason top officials use it)
Class ( reason why celebrities and big boys use it)

Even , it is believed in this part of the world that if you are using latest iPhone, you are rich ( and it is true to some extent.. no matter how u want to twist it to suit your point, A POOR person cant afford latest iphone.. even if you be olosho, using latest iphone means that you get level for your olosho work, even if u use all your savings to get the phone , baba u are still balling cos 200k upwardno be small money to buy phone.. even if dem dash u the phone, u still get class, because for person to carry latest iPhone give you , u get some worth be dat )

For Total performance sincerely no phone can be compared to iPhone.

. I handled the latest iphone 11 and bros, " oyinbo know wetin dem dey sell cheap" that phone is out of this world..

some people no go gree say iphone better pass there phone either cos
1. Dem no get money to buy am( 80% of people that hate to admit iphone superiority)
2. They are used to android so well
3. Cus it cant be customised like android
4. Cost of casting
5. They have no reason to buy it cos their phone is serving them
6. Some people are not phone frick

U can only compare
samsung with iPhone when It comes to display..
Though me no be phone frick..
And talk of class,,
Na iphone
samsung
Google pixel
Huawei
iPhone is just like benz
Talk of raw camera oo
Na
1. Google pixel
2. iPhone
3. samsung
In that order

.. all please between samsung a51 and s9+, please which will you choose guys?? I've asked this question before, but I'm still yet to decide sha

Your camera order is wrong óò
Huawei beats Samsung and Google pixel in that list
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by seanwilliam(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Couzy21:

Your camera order is wrong óò
Huawei beats Samsung and Google pixel in that list
no phone beat Google pixel in camera

1 Like

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Caramelskin(f): 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
If you need fairly used iPhone 6s 64gb, quote me and let’s negotiate
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by XFrozen: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
iPhone users are prisoners .. Your station is kirikiri
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by XFrozen: 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Anyone comparing any brand with Google Pixel is just like asking me between catfish and shark who is powerful ...
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by MickzyDonald: 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Crispels:
I've been using android phones since 2013 and I specifically became an ardent lover of Samsung phones in 2015 when I tried one of the Galaxy Note series. Since then, I've used and tried so many Samsung phones up to the Samsung Note 10+. A little over a month ago, I decided to purchase an iPhone since 99% of my American friends at work and school communicate via iMessage and this was preventing me from receiving timely information and communication - so I decided to purchase the iPhone 10x Max. And these are my observations.

NOTE: This is not a battleground for android or apple fans. It is just a personal observation and I think both OS are great - depending on what you want. I still have my Samsung phone with me by the way and it's doing fine.

1. iPhones are by far the smoothest phones on earth

The first surprise I had was the smoothness of an iPhone with just 4GB RAM when compared to the performance of the 12GB RAM on the Samsung Note 10+ . On the iPhone, I went on a simultaneous download spree of FIFA, PES, ASPHALT, MODERN COMBAT and many other games but the iPhone swallowed all the task without slowing down, heating or lagging. I embarked on the the same spree on the Note 10+ and it struggled to download at the pace of the iPhone and its performance began to slow down/lag after a few minutes. The ease at which iPhones swallow big tasks and still run so smoothly is shocking.

2. Big SPECS on paper do not translate to better performance in real life

I used to think iPhone users are crazy for buying phones with inferior specs(on paper - camera Megapixels, battery MAHs, RAMs etc) to Samsung flagship devices until after I tried the two ecosystems. In fact, that an android phone has 12GB of RAM does not mean it will perform better than an iPhone with even just 3GB RAM. Paper specs don't tell the entire story. In the same vein, an iPhone camera with 12MP do shoot better videos and take more impressive photos than an android phone with 30MP camera.

3. iPhones are restrictive
Unlike android phones, you cannot customize iPhones' settings as much as you desire. You can only operate within the freedom given by Apple - which is one of the major reasons why many have refused to switch to iPhones. This makes iPhones boring to a lot of people.

4. iPhones are better for Security and Privacy
It's easier to hack or intrude android phones - when compared to iPhones. The encryption and security on iPhones are top notch and this is a deal breaker for millions of folks.

5. It is a big lie that iPhones are the same set of Devices since Steve Job's death

When I compared my iPhone XS Max with my friend's iPhone 11 Pro Max, I discovered that the latter has better camera, better battery, an improved processor and build alongside many other differences. While the average user may not notice the differences or even utilize the improved specs, it is foolhardy to claim there have not been any improvement on the iPhone for years. Even between the iPhone 10x Max(which was launched in 2018) and the iPhone 11 Pro Max(which was launched in 2019) - there are significant differences.

6. iPhones Batteries Last Longer (Flagship iPhone vs a flagship Android phone)
On paper, many flagship Android phones have higher battery capacities(MAH) but in everyday use, the flagship iPhones actually last longer. For instance, an iPhone may have a battery capacity of 3,000MAH but put it and an Android phone that has 6,000MAH battery capacity through the same tasks, the iPhone will still have more juice after 4hours. Perhaps, it is due to Apple’s optimization technology.

7. iPhones have better re-sell value on the market

8. Use what is best for you.
I still use my Samsung phone - particularly for WhatsApp with my Nigerian friends back home and it is still a solid device. If you do not give a damn about iMessage/Facetime, top notch privacy/security and other exclusive things iPhones have to offer, just stick to your android devices.

9. No need for bashing of iPhones users by android lovers and vice versa. You all are doing well! You chose what you think it's the best for you.

SHALOM!

Cc puskin, dragnet, honsule Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove

Bro I'm begging u just dash me ur Samsung or any phone

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
If you can say this about iphone Xs max and Samsung S 10 plus then you were only using your S +10 plus to make and receive call granted the massive ram does not translate to fluid response but the iPhone is only a task switcher and not a multi tasking phone that’s why when you switch between task it refreshes but the Samsung open all app in real time and you can operate two apps simultaneously you talked about battery life I disagree battery life is almost on par with the iPhone plus the S10 has fast charging the iPhone XS Max only has a better camera in portrait mode but the S10 has a better camera for night photo you don’t even need to use flash plus the restrictions on Apple I can’t even use my favorite mp3 song as ring tone can’t rename pictures or files.
True iPhone has a higher resale value that is only because no other company produces IOS compatible phone just apple unlike android with various company prices features thus there is no competition within it ecosystem
My verdict: Both phones are great Gladiators in there own right iPhone tend to focus more on aesthetics luxury appeal and basic smart phone function while the Samsung focuses more on functionality , innovation and aims to be a sort of mobile handheld Computer

6 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
Finally, OP just fully convinced me to return back to my iPhone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by seanwilliam(m): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
davillian:
Op said iPhone has resale value
Pls how much was iPhone x when it came out and how much is the price now.....
Guess how much is Samsung s10 plus screen?

I like iPhone but I'm waiting until they reduce the weight of their phone I hate phones that are heavy.
iphone x is still expensive and has better resales value than Samsung s10plus.. no dey argue what is obvious.. abi ha

2 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Xclusiveme: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
My brother u spoke well. Apple beats android by far. Fast processor speed, able to control the tv, great camera, Privacy, OMG and SIRI is so great. You can put your phone on the table and control your phone, calls, messages with your voice without touching the phone unlike Android.
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Couzy21(m): 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
no phone beat Google pixel in camera
Google is your friend
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Couzy21(m): 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
Xclusiveme:
My brother u spoke well. Apple beats android by far. Fast processor speed, able to control the tv, great camera, Privacy, OMG and SIRI is so great. You can put your phone on the table and control your phone, calls, messages with your voice without touching the phone unlike Android.

Google assistant is rated higher than Siri, and all the functions there can be done better on Android self.
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by seanwilliam(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Couzy21:

Google assistant is rated higher than Siri, and all the functions there can be done better on Android self.
u need to touch android befor u use it?
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Couzy21(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
u need to touch android befor u use it?
You don't really have to, check reviews on YouTube Google assistant is still the best AI on phone
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by dangoteinlaw: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
This is no more a debatable piece, iphones are currently the best smartphones but although it wasn’t the public’s fault. Costs and again the bloggers brainwashed the masses into believing that androids were the real thing and then again it wasn’t those bloggers fault with series of fake benchmark tests babbles and all that they were all fooled. I used android since 2011 and i have used almost all android phones but the day i layed my hands on an iPhone i sworn never to go back to those shitty device called androids....

3 Likes

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Kingsean(m): 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Crispels:
I've been using android phones since 2013 and I specifically became an ardent lover of Samsung phones in 2015 when I tried one of the Galaxy Note series. Since then, I've used and tried so many Samsung phones up to the Samsung Note 10+. A little over a month ago, I decided to purchase an iPhone since 99% of my American friends at work and school communicate via iMessage and this was preventing me from receiving timely information and communication - so I decided to purchase the iPhone 10x Max. And these are my observations.

NOTE: This is not a battleground for android or apple fans. It is just a personal observation and I think both OS are great - depending on what you want. I still have my Samsung phone with me by the way and it's doing fine.

1. iPhones are by far the smoothest phones on earth

The first surprise I had was the smoothness of an iPhone with just 4GB RAM when compared to the performance of the 12GB RAM on the Samsung Note 10+ . On the iPhone, I went on a simultaneous download spree of FIFA, PES, ASPHALT, MODERN COMBAT and many other games but the iPhone swallowed all the task without slowing down, heating or lagging. I embarked on the the same spree on the Note 10+ and it struggled to download at the pace of the iPhone and its performance began to slow down/lag after a few minutes. The ease at which iPhones swallow big tasks and still run so smoothly is shocking.

2. Big SPECS on paper do not translate to better performance in real life

I used to think iPhone users are crazy for buying phones with inferior specs(on paper - camera Megapixels, battery MAHs, RAMs etc) to Samsung flagship devices until after I tried the two ecosystems. In fact, that an android phone has 12GB of RAM does not mean it will perform better than an iPhone with even just 3GB RAM. Paper specs don't tell the entire story. In the same vein, an iPhone camera with 12MP do shoot better videos and take more impressive photos than an android phone with 30MP camera.

3. iPhones are restrictive
Unlike android phones, you cannot customize iPhones' settings as much as you desire. You can only operate within the freedom given by Apple - which is one of the major reasons why many have refused to switch to iPhones. This makes iPhones boring to a lot of people.

4. iPhones are better for Security and Privacy
It's easier to hack or intrude android phones - when compared to iPhones. The encryption and security on iPhones are top notch and this is a deal breaker for millions of folks.

5. It is a big lie that iPhones are the same set of Devices since Steve Job's death

When I compared my iPhone XS Max with my friend's iPhone 11 Pro Max, I discovered that the latter has better camera, better battery, an improved processor and build alongside many other differences. While the average user may not notice the differences or even utilize the improved specs, it is foolhardy to claim there have not been any improvement on the iPhone for years. Even between the iPhone 10x Max(which was launched in 2018) and the iPhone 11 Pro Max(which was launched in 2019) - there are significant differences.

6. iPhones Batteries Last Longer (Flagship iPhone vs a flagship Android phone)
On paper, many flagship Android phones have higher battery capacities(MAH) but in everyday use, the flagship iPhones actually last longer. For instance, an iPhone may have a battery capacity of 3,000MAH but put it and an Android phone that has 6,000MAH battery capacity through the same tasks, the iPhone will still have more juice after 4hours. Perhaps, it is due to Apple’s optimization technology.

7. iPhones have better re-sell value on the market

8. Use what is best for you.
I still use my Samsung phone - particularly for WhatsApp with my Nigerian friends back home and it is still a solid device. If you do not give a damn about iMessage/Facetime, top notch privacy/security and other exclusive things iPhones have to offer, just stick to your android devices.

9. No need for bashing of iPhones users by android lovers and vice versa. You all are doing well! You chose what you think it's the best for you.

SHALOM!

Cc puskin, dragnet, honsule Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove

weldone but i think u have some invalid points. have u used a google pixel smartphone? if u did, u would notice how smooth the performance is. Infact, Android smartphones top the antutu performance chart. check it very well from year to year. As for battery haba bros i don't think u have used an android smartphone with a beast battery. do u know how many iPhone users i see everytime carrying powerbanks like babies? As for camera, bros no vex, go and check Dxomark. Iphone no dey top 3. you will see xiaomi sef there. have u seen huawei mate 30 pro? d camera beats that of ur iPhone
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Guestuser: 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
I don’t even argue with fandroids any more.
Oga use your android in peace and let me use my iPhone in peace.
Lobatan
Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by davillian(m): 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
iphone x is still expensive and has better resales value than Samsung s10plus.. no dey argue what is obvious.. abi ha
What was he price of iPhone x when it came out ?
And how much is it now ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by DrayZee: 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
So what really was the point of opening this thread if you were going to be bias all through?

Sometimes I wonder why iPhone users always seem insecure. If they really believe iPhones are the best, then why are they always trying so hard to prove it.

People really believe using an iPhone makes them better than other people. iPhone X that is now 130k is what is making someone feel like a king. Pity grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience after Switching from Samsung devices to an iPhone by Khaliyah(m): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Well that's your opinion
While a friend of mine using iPhone 11p max prefers his s10+ to 11p max (note: this is someone that has used all 1phones from 6-11pmax and also use all Samsung from s5-10+ n note series)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats The Best Tecno Phone I Can Buy With 15000 Naira / How Can I Opt Out From Airtel's Opera Mini Weekly Bundle ? / Do You Know You Damage Your Smartphone Everyday? See How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.