Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (101145 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by olamoses75(m): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
YOUDONEMINIT

I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED. I ALWAYS FIRE MYSELF. WHEN I FEEL STRESSED I STOP COMING TO WORK. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LOUSY JOB KEEPER. I dont think i was created to be an employee
how do u expect a whole Orunmila to be working under someone. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
philip0906:

You don't need to show sh1t. It's not your fault that poverty has dealt with the average Nigerian.

Just ignore
oga why u con carry the matter for head pass now grin .. shouting poverty poverty about like no be your middle name tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
una no sabi work

Average wage in the tech industry in America is 50k dollars a year

U expect me to believe that an employment via remote connection is worth 24000

There are customer care agents in America that dont take home 18k a year

Make una take am easy
Shut your dirty mouth if you don't know what you're saying.

You're comparing customer care agent with a full stack engineer or a back/front end engineer? That means you don't even know what you're saying to start with.

Nigerians are doing remote programming jobs for companies in Germany, Estonia, Canada, etc and earn that much and way higher. Some of them are even offered relocation packages and pay is exactly what devs in Germany earn depending on level and skillset.

You probably don't know this because you are even comparing a customer care agent with a dev? You're ridiculous.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Alberta123: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
motionarena:
I sacked from a secondary school I was working because I was bangging one ss2 student.

God forgive me but the girl was the one tempting me badly

This is the winner.

You're the GOAT

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by orunmila144: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mikehot:
The boss life
yes now grin
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Newguyhere: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
bad guy grin
iamJ:
Read like a subtle scam bait but make I no talk
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SoNature(m): 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
pulsa:

Spectranet 20k sub should be enough for you.

Okay... thanks
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Mariangeles(f): 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha....the truth was that I had gotten a better offer a week before somewhere else and was waiting for the end of the week. She was the only one who knew sha.
Ehen! Na now you come.
No be to come dey bobo us with incomplete yarn
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by orunmila144: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
olamoses75:
shey you understand now grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Heistman:
oga why u con carry the matter for head pass now grin .. shouting poverty poverty about like no be your middle name tongue
Poverty wound you join?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:

Gosh, how can you type with so much ignorance? Jeeez!!! so $15/hr is impossible?
what's the minimum wage for Americans its 7 dollars

And some pay less

There is even legislation that supports it but states dont pay

Meanwhile an American is paying above minimum wage for poorly skilled labour

If you were Indian maybe, Nigerian, its someone that doesn't know tech you will feed this fable

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Plumville: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
U get sense
iamJ:
Read like a subtle scam bait but make I no talk
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
philip0906:

That's the exact reason why I used that analogy.

I work in tech and everyone around me earns in that region and higher. So for a techie, when you hear someone earns that much, it's not rare to you. I am not even talking about oil and gas peeps.

So it's not rare per se...just depends on your field and industry.

I know a certain Machine Learning engineer in Nigeria earning around 2million a month as a remote employee of one SF self-driving startup.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Lontrra: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why we were fired?
I joined this company last year, few days after finishing my NYSC, they have the highest number of software developers in Africa and I was loving life, the salary is great with breakfast and lunch

They keep on employing so many software engineer with time the engineer become more than the available job, I saw it coming but I don't know what the board was thinking

2. How did the firing process happen?
We have a global (online) meeting which people are asked not to miss, I was not even listening very well to what they are saying, the president said there are more developer than engagement to they have to let some people go, a mail was sent to all impacted people and I discovered what has just happened

Almost 400 people has been fired across Africa

3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

The company is actually a great one, they brought in pychologist to speak with us, bring in different recruiter, and other stuff, most importantly the payoff was reasonable that I can afford a Mac laptop of almost half-a-million

Luckily for me I got another reasonable job in less than 3 weeks of been retrenched

I always laugh when people complain there is no job in Nigeria, less than 5 month after leaving my previous company I have turned down almost 4 other offers some even paying than my current one

Andela?
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SocialJustice: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
Stallion93:
Don’t give us half information here, What is your aim of telling us? We should go and beg for you or what? State in Clear terms what role your played in that company that Warrants 750k per month? what Company it is actually? and How some of us here can get your kind of connection?
Begging with impunity. No reasonable person will recommend you for anything good.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by benedictuyi(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Flier:
Dont hurt yourself she’s probably lying,they don’t pay 750k to learner monthly
I T guys that earn such amount monthly works with bank not a learner like this poster
Be they fooling yourself. Remote jobs pay per hour, and if you're working full time that's 40hrs weekly.
In a month that's 160hrs of work
Depending on your skills, you could be getting 20usd per hour. Now calculate 160hrs * 20usd and convert it to naira

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Mariangeles(f): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
olamoses75:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Una no go kill person for this nairaland

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
una no sabi work

Average wage in the tech industry in America is 50k dollars a year

U expect me to believe that an employment via remote connection is worth 24000

There are customer care agents in America that dont take home 18k a year

Make una take am easy
boss I tire too o angry
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
We started the work as a field agent sometime last year, it was a telecommunications work (MTN 4G upgrade) I was still in my final year in school when I joined. 4 months into the job I was made the supervisor, when I became the supervisor, I notice the agents were been short changed, in terms of benefits and payments, I tried working on the irregularities but it bounced back to me, gbam I was fired for lodging a complaint on the delayed salaries of the workers.

A. Month after, my depth profile became so high, I was the one supporting my family and sponsoring my junior ones. I hate myself for trying to be holier than thou while at work. Till this moment, I've not gained myself. I've lost everything. At this point I can only hope God sees my heart and reward me if truly God support good decision.
I'm so sorry about your ordeal.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Abeos:

Let me guess Andela cheesy

Exactly my guess too, I think it was during that major lay off and their quest for Senior Devs.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
yes now grin
Na him sure pass o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by boom99(m): 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
my own experience may not relate oo.. I started saving money in my kolo( piggy bank) to start a business. last week i say make i go put money inside..oboy my kolo way full done almost empty. I first confuse ... i just dey laugh like a madman.............. last last na my most trusted person take am. I am still recovering....

28 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why we were fired?
I joined this company last year, few days after finishing my NYSC, they have the highest number of software developers in Africa and I was loving life, the salary is great with breakfast and lunch

They keep on employing so many software engineer with time the engineer become more than the available job, I saw it coming but I don't know what the board was thinking

2. How did the firing process happen?
We have a global (online) meeting which people are asked not to miss, I was not even listening very well to what they are saying, the president said there are more developer than engagement to they have to let some people go, a mail was sent to all impacted people and I discovered what has just happened

Almost 400 people has been fired across Africa

3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

The company is actually a great one, they brought in pychologist to speak with us, bring in different recruiter, and other stuff, most importantly the payoff was reasonable that I can afford a Mac laptop of almost half-a-million

Luckily for me I got another reasonable job in less than 3 weeks of been retrenched

I always laugh when people complain there is no job in Nigeria, less than 5 month after leaving my previous company I have turned down almost 4 other offers some even paying than my current one

Oh boy, you are talking of ANDELA. The knowledge you acquired, the exposure you got and your team mate are great asset. You credentials are with those recruiters.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SocialJustice: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Guest911:

Good for you, I still work for that company as a senior tech lead and there’s been another recent lay off hope you heard. Well I’m leaving the company this year though almost everyone I know is leaving.
I don't understand, is that place dying or what? With all the big investments even from Mark Zuckerberg.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:

And some pay less

If you were Indian maybe, Nigerian, its someone that doesn't know tech you will feed this fable

Uncle shutup, again shutup! so as an IT professional I should be paid the minimum wage?

I hope this your poverty and myopic mindset will not lead you to destruction.

If you use Linkedin, login and check for $15/hr jobs, you'll be surprised.

So my Nigerian colleague that is collecting $30/hr must be a magician. Gosh!!!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by espn(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
YOUDONEMINIT

I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED. I ALWAYS FIRE MYSELF. WHEN I FEEL STRESSED I STOP COMING TO WORK. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LOUSY JOB KEEPER. I dont think i was created to be an employee
lol...same here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Alberta123: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:

And some pay less

You sound knowledgeable but talk foolishly.

You can literally Google search remote jobs and see lots of response.

Google crossover is one of them.

Enlighten yourself...cure your ignorance

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by fergie001: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mariangeles:

Ehen! Na now you come.
No be to come dey bobo us with incomplete yarn
grin
No be bobo nah..... grin grin
When man close to woman sometimes, e deh lose senses. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
SocialJustice:
Begging with impunity. No reasonable person will recommend you for anything good.

You know?? I was so shocked to see that... you need something and you are being arrogant about it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Alberta123: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:

Uncle shutup, again shutup! so as an IT professional I should be paid the minimum wage?

I hope this your poverty and myopic mindset will not lead you to destruction.

If you use Linkedin, login and check for $15/hr jobs, you'll be surprised.

So my Nigerian colleague that is collecting $30/hr must be a magician. Gosh!!!

Don't bother responding him.

He'll just waste your time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.