Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (100882 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:
Share your experience with us if you have ever been fired. It would be better if we can share:

1. Why we were fired?
2. How did the firing process happen?
3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

So, I’ll start:

Sometimes last year, I got an unbelievable offer (well above #750k) at a remote company. I bought a PC, subscribed for large data and set-up a workspace. On Monday which was resumption day, I turned on my PC, logged in and started the online meeting… everything went well for the first day and I got introduced to my colleagues. My friend and I actually got employed for same position, so we usually chatted while working. To be onboarded, we had to install a productivity monitoring tool on our PCs, we were told everything we did on the PC would be captured if the tool was turned ON but I really don’t know why I cared less.

On Wednesday same week, we had a short and simple test, during the test, I asked my friend for an answer as I wasn’t so sure, he responded and that was it.

On Thursday, I had a quick one-on-one call with my manager, I was fired. Apparently, I wasn’t supposed to ask for assistance while taking the test. I apologized but the answer was a straight NO (you sabi how oyinbo people strict). So in other words, I was sacked because I cheated ☹.

Well, they paid me for the few days I worked �

I have experienced other sad situations, but this has to be the worst. I was so depressed, the following Sunday, I went to Church and it was while Pastor asked us to greet our neighbor, I remembered I didn’t brush… LMAO.

Now, I got something with abit lesser pay but still very chilled grin

Awon ti CrossOver for Work...we see you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Homeboiy: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
I have never looked for a job before

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Openbusiness: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
U
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Enwhen(m): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
helinues:
The only job I ever applied for, I resigned 2 months after..

I no fit come and kill myself for one boss

And u want to be someone's boss ??

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Odingo1: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
This story look like a lie, so many loopholes

After offering 750k job for Naija

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Fragility6: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Alphaman007:
750k � and i dey collect 40k see gap. Inside life
Lol

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by spirul77: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
G
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by robotix: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
southniyikaye:
in my present situation, 750k is looking like rocket science to me sincerely.
it means you have to increase your skill/knowledge.

Go to Udemy.com and acquire relevant skill

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by FreebiesGRAM: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
I accessed the server I created for my organization out of office and that was it.

@ op What area of IT are you into?

For 2 months I was still consulted to train the new IT guy grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Read like a subtle scam bait but make I no talk

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by unikprince(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:
Yes, why?
Please if I'm to train, how do I start. And which of the I.T skills should I start with?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Stallion93(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Don’t give us half information here, What is your aim of telling us? We should go and beg for you or what? State in Clear terms what role your played in that company that Warrants 750k per month? what Company it is actually? and How some of us here can get your kind of connection?

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by elantraceey(f): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
damochewinner:

Awon ti CrossOver for Work...we see you
Do you work at Crossover?
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SoNature(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar, sorry about your loss

Please what network and data subscription did you use?

I always avoid full-time freelance position because of data

My laptop drinks data like water

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Emmyloyalty: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:
Share your experience with us if you have ever been fired. It would be better if we can share:

1. Why we were fired?
3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

So, I’ll start:

Sometimes last year, I got an unbelievable offer (well above #750k) at a remote company. I bought a PC, subscribed for large data and set-up a workspace. On Monday which was resumption day, I turned on my PC, logged in and started the online meeting… everything went well for the first day and I got introduced to my colleagues. My friend and I actually got employed for same position, so we usually chatted while working. To be onboarded, we had to install a productivity monitoring tool on our PCs, we were told everything we did on the PC would be captured if the tool was turned ON but I really don’t know why I cared less.

On Wednesday same week, we had a short and simple test, during the test, I asked my friend for an answer as I wasn’t so sure, he responded and that was it.

On Thursday, I had a quick one-on-one call with my manager, I was fired. Apparently, I wasn’t supposed to ask for assistance while taking the test. I apologized but the answer was a straight NO (you sabi how oyinbo people strict). So in other words, I was sacked because I cheated ☹.

I have experienced other sad situations, but this has to be the worst. I was so depressed, the following Sunday, I went to Church and it was while Pastor asked us to greet our neighbor, I remembered I didn’t brush… LMAO.

You are into tech, right? What aspect? If it is programming or software development can I PM you? I want to know a few things.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hmm, interesting
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
helinues:
The only job I ever applied for, I resigned 2 months after..

I no fit come and kill myself for one boss
working is slavery

Think am well

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Odingo1:

No let poverty wound you. Devs in Nigeria are earning that much and higher in Nigeria.

I am talking of peeps in their 20s.

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:

1. Why we were fired?

So, I’ll start:

do you code
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by haryomikun(m): 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Got a job on Upwork last year that paid 11 times what other Nigerian writers got. As much as 5,000 for a 400-word article. I was gearing to net 500k after commission and tax every month from the job.

Outsourced the job to someone because i was very busy with admission exams and boom! The fool was plagiarizing words carelessly and lost me the job.

One of the worst periods of my life....

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
YOUDONEMINIT

I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED. I ALWAYS FIRE MYSELF. WHEN I FEEL STRESSED I STOP COMING TO WORK. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LOUSY JOB KEEPER. I dont think i was created to be an employee

Lol, you know yourself well enough

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by elantraceey(f): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
Odingo1:

There are people in this country earning more than that legitimately that you have no idea about.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
Stallion93:
Don’t give us half information here, What is your aim of telling us? We should go and beg for you or what? State in Clear terms what role your played in that company that Warrants 750k per month? what Company it is actually? and How some of us here can get your kind of connection?
you believe the story

It's a set up to lure for a later scam

They are priming us

18 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Audio grin
What exactly is audio?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
AsomArchitectNG:
Mheen dat was bad
I know right, sometimes I still feel bad about it. But I am totally grateful

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by orunmila144: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:

Lol, you know yourself well enough
Yes oo lol
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by CokeBar(f): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
nairalee:
I've never been sacked but I've lost a good job opportunity. It's over 2 years now but I still think about it EVERY BLESSED DAY

Lol! Me too... I still think about it
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by booz(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
Yeah. Got hired into a multinational and worked a few years before I was sacked. I was young and naïve, worked with 'multinational pride', to the extent of calling my direct boss by his first name ( forgetting we're all Nigerians working in Nigeria). The guy (my manager) benched me with seat belt, giving my colleagues tasks to execute and leaving me out. When Nigeria slided into recession, viola!!! the guy recommended me and mostly other guys from my tribe to be sacked(people from my tribe are seen as threats because of our smartness, no pride intended),we were all sacked. Then I earned about 450k.

Worked in a couple of other companies, moving from one to another as offers kept getting better and to the glory of God, I have at sight a salary of 7 figures every month.

Lesson learnt: the first attribute you need to progress after attitude, is loyalty. REM you're not indispensable, before you someone was doing it and after you, someone will do it!

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Teaser4(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
na only one time i don work all my life so far, when I finished high school, I teached in a nursery school, I worked for 2 years plus, I resigned wen the owner of the school, talk say make we male teachers dey dress corporate, who get time for that shit..na so I fire myself lol

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by AntiWailer: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
We started the work as a field agent sometime last year, I was still in my final year in school when I joined. 4 months into the job I was made the supervisor, when I became, I notice the agents were been short changed, in terms of benefits, I tried working on the irregularities but it bounced back to me, gbam I was fired for lodging a complaint on the delayed salaries of the workers.

A. Month after, my depth profile became so high, I was the one supporting my family and sponsoring my junior ones. I hate myself for trying to be holier than thou while at work. Till this moment, I've not gained myself. I've lost everything.

You lost nothing dear.

Your good deeds are waiting for you some where.

36 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.