Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period (18361 Views)

What To Do When You Can't Pray / We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by OlawaleBammie: 12:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
buygala:
I stopped praying a long while ago...

God knows my heart and desires, knows what is best for me and is exceedingly capable of fulfilling them grin

If he can monitor my life without me reporting myself to Him, and on that basis send me to hell for sinning against him, isn't it just expected that he automatically knows all I need and will provide them

If He knows my sins, then he definitely should know my needs smiley

If he doesn't provide them without me asking, then I would be much better off taking matters into my hands than wasting time telling him what he already knows and hasn't provided...

Bros wslahi e go better for ur generation
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by OlawaleBammie: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
buygala:

God knows my heart and desires, knows what is best for me and is exceedingly capable of fulfilling them grin

If he can monitor my life without me reporting myself to Him, and on that basis send me to hell for sinning against him, isn't it just expected that he automatically knows all I need and will provide them

If he doesn't provide them without me asking, then I would be much better off taking matters into my hands than wasting time telling him what he already knows and hasn't provided...

Am just goin to screenshot this,
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Kylexy3000(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
moderatorr:
Actually, praying loud, repeating words, blabbing (speaking in tongues) are all sins according to Jesus.

Matthew 6:6 ►
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:7 ►
And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

So you see, what we are practicing in Nigeria isn't Christianity. It's just churchianity and pastornity embroiled in daily sinning and refusal to actually read the Bible.

Woo..... You are Blessed.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by OlawaleBammie: 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
RedBororo:
Have similar problem and I get embarrassed when pastors tell that they cannot hear my voice
na u dey put ursef for problem wey u no get
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by LastDays777: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
2kaybiel:
Did Jesus pray for long?

"...One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night"
- Luke 6:12
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by LastDays777: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
mrkels:

My prayers that were answered are the ones I “Spoke” to God about . I don’t cabash or shout in different languages . Sometimes I just casually talk to God as a father and friend and things just change . Scares me all the time I must confess

Nice. That's how it should be.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
You cant pray of your own accord you need the holy spirit and also you need to study the word more. when the holy spirit takes over one singular prayer points can mean different things to you hereby generating more prayers from that singular prayer.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by 007bond1: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Even Jesus asked. Mathew 7:7

buygala:

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by LogicStatement: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
iammo:
cool

and so? are Christians deliberately ignorant

Matthew 6:5-13

“And now about prayer. When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I assure you, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.

“When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think prayers are answered only by repeating words over and over again. Don't be like them, because your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Perfect response so far

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by edoairways: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Offpoint:

Nonsensical nonsense, God already knows what you want... just remind him or ask him and it's done.

Jesus gave thanks and called out Lazarus...

He lifted the loaf and fishes, then gave thanks...

All of these he wasn't spending hours praying.

If you need long prayers, go home and lock yourself up and have conversations with God.
If God knew what you want why bother him with prayers. When Jesus called Lazarus was he quiet?
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by shobam1410(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:
Prayer has no particular rule.

Pray the way you can and allow God answer you.

You mustn't emulate others by over-stressing yourself just to pray.

Pray with your mind and soul, even if it's for 30secs, God will answer if he chooses.
That's not correct. Prayer has rules and there are different types of prayers.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by gentlegenius(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
pocohantas:
You don’t have big problems. The type that takes sleep away from you. Defying every human, rational and logical solution.

Ask women with cheating horsebands, competitive side chicks, a very troublesome child and unending in-law wahala.

Your voice will loud by force.
Have you noticed that those who pray too much, too loud, and for too long are always having serious problems in their lives while those who hardly pray loud and long, like this OP are always having less problems?
(Check the lives of those in your church prayer band).
Have you ever wondered why this is so?
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Dareywest001(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
voskia:
what u need is a baptism of the holy spirit.. for the Bible says the same Spirit quickens our mortal bodies.. ask for that baptism from ur pastor .
kai,
is it the pastor that baptise or Jesus?
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Akpan107(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
iammo:
cool

and so? are Christians deliberately ignorant

Matthew 6:5-13

“And now about prayer. When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I assure you, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father secretly. Then your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.

“When you pray, don't babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think prayers are answered only by repeating words over and over again. Don't be like them, because your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done here on earth, just as it is in heaven. Give us our food for today, and forgive us our sins, just as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us. And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Nice one...
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Kay25(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
Jesus never told u to look at other people's prayer life rather He said when you pray believe that you have received them.whether one hour or 1 minute the key to answered prayer is your believe
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Kentsol: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:
So, in church during the prayer session, and after the prayer topic has been introduced, I find I can't pray for more than 30 seconds, 1 minute tops.

After that, I have nothing else to say. Yet I see others praying until whoever is leading the session intervenes and introduces another prayer topic.

What exactly are they saying for that long or are they just repeating themselves. I can't speak in tongues too, so that doesn't help my cause.

I also cannot pray loudly, I always whisper under my breath even when the pastor says to shout at the top of our voices, because that's just how I am.

Do these things I mentioned n hinder prayers from being answered?

Help
Join GPPA and your prayer life will not remain the same

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Mathiasa(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
When u go through the lords prayer, u will know that prayer is not by gragra. My brother just pray as the spirit leads u.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by godwingenesis472(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Your 'why' will birth your 'how'

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Pat081: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Do it the way u knw is the best way for u and dnt look at others people way of prayer and cum to think of it this way ,how many of our dad or mum G.O over pray again??
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by kate85(f): 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:
So, in church during the prayer session, and after the prayer topic has been introduced, I find I can't pray for more than 30 seconds, 1 minute tops.

After that, I have nothing else to say. Yet I see others praying until whoever is leading the session intervenes and introduces another prayer topic.

What exactly are they saying for that long or are they just repeating themselves. I can't speak in tongues too, so that doesn't help my cause.

I also cannot pray loudly, I always whisper under my breath even when the pastor says to shout at the top of our voices, because that's just how I am.

Help

How is your study life like? Take out sometime each day to study the word of God and meditate, and pray privately. Just 10mins of this can do wonders. We learn how to pray by praying.

The more you studying the Word and praying privately, the more you will have utterances. If you are short of words when praying, just sing praises and worship the Lord.

And please, try not to compare yourself with others. Let you focus be on Jesus. God bless you.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by sacx: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:

Help

Prayer is not in voicing out words of requests; it's not in the moving of the hands nor the shaking of head like an agama lizard cheesy. Prayer is an heart posture. You pray effectively when you are filled with the knowledge of God. Start by studying the epistles. Read them again and again till you gain understanding and wisdom, then watch how prayer changes for you.

The epistles: Romans to Jude; read those; see how prayer is offered in them, and contrast it with the prayer points you hear in church. When you see the difference, you will know why you've always had problem praying.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by femi4: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:

Help
study more....out of your belly flow rivers of living water. Fill your belly with his words and his words will never be scarce from your mouth
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by JanSnow: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:

Help
You are not as crazy for religion as the other people.
That's a good thing for you and the society
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Austin1805(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
If you find it difficult to pray for a long period, you can easily switch to worship. Even worship does more wonders than prayer

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Lexusgs430: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
IntroVAT:

Help

How are you sure, they are not talking nonsense....... wink

Remember, during exam days..... Pesin wey collect extra paper, no dey get highest mark...... cheesy
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by CXLVII: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Pray for your village, Local Government, State, Country, Africa, Other continents, Earth, Other planets and the universe.

Trust me, by the time you pray individually for all of this, time would have passed.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by govomotors: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2020
If you don't know, prayer is one of the hardest thing. Even people that can talk 24/7 none stop cannot pray for 2mins yet prayer is talking.

There is no commandment that say, we should pray for 30min-10hrs before God will hear or answer our prayers.

Prayer is a means of communication between you and the other party (God). The reason I use party is because lawyer also pray to judges.

The lady with the issue of blood prayer was "if I can just touch the helm of his garment". You may call it a wishful prayer, opportunity came and her prayer was answer.

In other cases others prayers were:

Lord, have mercy on me
Lord, thank you

Prayers are not answered by the hours you spent praying but by God's grace and mercy.

The best way to pray is for you to talk to God the same way you address issues with your earthly father.

Ex.

Thank you God for today, I know am not a perfect being, so please forgive me my sin. Thank you Lord for so and so. Lord you promise me my daily bread, father fulfill your promises in my life today in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Teespice(f): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
it is not about the length of time spent praying. remember God knows what you want and what's i n your heart before you open your mouth to pray.

haven't you heard: from my heart to God's ears.
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by vilight(f): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
buygala:

e pele sir. Wisdom is profitable
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
Re: Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin? / Apostle Suleman Celebrates 13th Anniversary Of His Church OFM(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.