Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ (5541 Views)

Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ / Kenya Embassy In Sweden Under Serious Pressure From Biafrans / Just In: Nmandi Kanu Under Serious Pressure To Accept A 5 Igbo States BIAFRA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by mrvitalis(m): 6:02am On Mar 09, 2020
justtoodark:

you sure about that....??
na so you south easterners tut atiku cant loose....

when it happened,you went to court for nathing....
South south won't vote their own son ?
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by justtoodark: 6:22am On Mar 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

South south won't vote their own son ?

dont listen to me....

motivate him to try....
we nigerians dont give a shi shi....
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by mrvitalis(m): 6:27am On Mar 09, 2020
justtoodark:

dont listen to me....

motivate him to try....
we nigerians dont give a shi shi....
By Nigerians u mean Yoruba's ?
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by justtoodark: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

By Nigerians u mean Yoruba's ?

motivate him to try....
we dont care....
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 09, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Jonathan did well. But it's a fact that recession occurred under buhari.
I remember the few months result into Buhari's tenure. Some good things happened and were attributed to his body language. Immediately things went south, Jonathan's name cropped up on the lips of govt supporters. Why didn't they also attribute the good things at the beginning of the admin to Jonathan?

Fact is, buhari has to take the blame for the recession. He had all the time in the world to be proactive before things went south but his do-nothing attitude which has been a bane of his govt is what has led us to where we are

Immediately Buhari got into power, it seemed the power situation improved and it seemed that public officials became conscious of not collecting bribe etc.

But you need to see that it was ephemeral.

It was something that couldn't be sustained.

Jonathan's government had eaten deep into the fabric of the nation.

His reckless spending of Forex led to the Forex shortage that hit Nigeria after his tenure.

If Jonathan had made the economy stronger like people claim, one year of Buhari wouldn't have made the economy plunge into recession.

With the amount of stealing that went on in Jonathan's era, it is a wonder that Nigeria didn't slide from recession to full blown depression.

Yes, Buhari has his blame. He took too long to form his cabinet.

But the truth is that, Jonathan didn't bequeath to Nigerians an economy that could run itself.

He gave Nigerians a rotten apple, fresh on the outside but already eaten by maggots on the inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:

Immediately Buhari got into power, it seemed the power situation improved and it seemed that public officials became conscious of not collecting bribe etc.

His reckless spending of Forex led to the Forex shortage that hit Nigeria after his tenure.

If Jonathan had made the economy stronger like people claim, one year of Buhari wouldn't have made the economy plunge into recession.

With the amount of stealing that went on in Jonathan's era, it is a wonder that Nigeria didn't slide from recession to full blown depression.

But the truth is that, Jonathan didn't bequeath to Nigerians an economy that could run itself.

He gave Nigerians a rotten apple, fresh on the outside but already eaten by maggots on the inside.

You're still doing the same thing. How do you attribute the stable power to buhari only a few weeks into his tenure but attribute a recession one year later to Jonathan.
Why could the power improvement not be sustained? It's because no one wanted to be at the receiving end of buhari's perceived venom initially. But immediately everyone saw it was just spittle, business as usual resumed.

The economy is like weather, it responds to stimulus. It also responds to nothing. OBJ met Nigeria in crippling debt and deficit, he left us with a reserve over $60bn and less than $5bn debt.

Let me tell you, I hope you're aware just $70m is remaining in the ECA now. Buhari met over $2bn there. What about inflation, forex rates, interest rates and commodity prices? Are you going to blame all those being on the wrong side to Jonathan.

No economy runs itself. An economy on autopilot is destined to crash. That's exactly what buhari did wrong. He left all the economic indicators crashing and did nothing. Absolutely nothing about it. Do you realise dollar rates hit almost N500 under him? Only for it to fall back to about N300 when Osinbajo took over for a few months in 2017. There were plans to cut interest rates then before buhari came back unfortunately. Osinbajo improved it cause he knew what to do and he did it. Unlike the do-nothing Buhari.
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by BSMS(f): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2020
Go on we support you
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by TheTourist: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2020
Don't let them deceive you Baba. You are already a legend
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by wingmanIII: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2020
GEJ is better off keeping his mouth shut.
He should emulate late shehu shagari
Re: I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ by Parrish: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES / Nigerian Ministry Of Education Returns 4 Million Out-Of-School Kids To Class / Female Staff Gets Epic Reply From Her Boss As She Tries Flirting With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.