Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? (4302 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by obiekunie2: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:
A woman said to her husband "I'm not with you because I need you, I'm with you because I love you"
I thought that was a strong statement, and I wondered as a man, how those words would make one feel...
If as a man, those words were said to you by your wife or someone you're in a relationship with, how would that make you feel? undecided

P.s: She's got her own business which is thriving

Guys, help me out here

guy she is codedly telling u that u r totally useless to her.

believe me u r on ur way out of her life - she just gave u the judas kiss bro.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by bukatyne(f): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
Or maybe we just let more men answer.

Because so far, the men who answered said they would feel she is buttering them up to ask for cash or something.

That they see it as 'buttering' in itself is positive.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

See Cococandy's post:

I am yet to see the negative in it. It is another way of saying 'I love you and not your money or what you can give.' etc. etc.

Except we are talking need in terms of emotional support and the likes.

In my opinion, Need covers everything. Emotional most especially.
Financial need is even the least important.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:
Or maybe we just let more men answer.

Because so far, the men who answered said they would feel she is buttering them up to ask for cash or something.

That they see it as 'buttering' in itself is positive.

Most of them are not being straightforward with their answers
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by NextD18: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Created a thread for men.

2secs, women don full everywhere answering as men.

You ladies are just something else.

Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
cococandy:
It depends on if it’s true or not.

As the husband who’s married to the woman, he should know how their relationship stands. What they benefit from each other and what they stand to loose individually if they are no longer together. So, if the wife makes such a statement and the husband can obviously determine that it’s a lie, then I don’t think he will be pleased with it.

However if she truly doesn’t need him but is with him because she loves him, I’m sure he doesn’t need for her to say it. He will already know it.

In summary it’s a good statement that shouldn’t make anyone feel bad unless they know for a fact that the person saying it is lying.

I don't think men would agree with the bolded.
If I were a guy, I'd be thrown off balance.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:
Created a thread for men.

2secs, women don full everywhere answering as men.

You ladies are just something else.

Tufiakwa!

When y'all didn't want to be truthful nko? grin Women had to show support

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by NextD18: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

When y'all didn't want to be truthful nko? grin Women had to show support
We don't need their support for any reason, they should channel it elsewhere and leave the thread for the people it was created for---That's common sense.

To your question; A wife needing her husband means she's with him for some beneficial reasons, and that's the only reason a woman can stay with a man.

That "Love" aspect you included does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:

We don't need their support for any reason, they should channel it elsewhere and leave the thread for the people it was created for---That's common sense.

To your question; A wife needing her husband means she's with him for some beneficial reasons, and that's the only reason a woman can stay with a man.

That "Love" aspect you included does not exist.

My question was "how would you feel knowing your wife does not need you?"
You're twisting and turning it around
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by NextD18: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

How can you stay with who you don't need?

Is that even possible?

5 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by cococandy(f): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mmm. Okay.

I mean if we also count emotional needs as the type of need you’re talking about, then her staying with him because of love is also another form of her needing him. So she’s really staying because she needs him emotionally. When you love someone, you need them for your emotional life to be balanced. In this case, there’s no differentiating the two.

Mariangeles:

I don't think men would agree with the bolded.
If I were a guy, I'd be thrown off balance.

Mariangeles:

In my opinion, Need covers everything. Emotional most especially.
Financial need is even the least important.

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Adgideon(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
Two things are involve, it might be real or fake to get her way, you know her better so u are in position to know better by saying she is with u for love not bcoz she need u, to me it's seem is from the heart in respective of your pokect, so my guy reprocate the love to her, she is your peace
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by nlPoster: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Did nairalanders ask them to analyze their relationship?

And why asking other men what they'd feel?

Are they part of the marriage?
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by culf: 2:07am On Mar 09, 2020
The first thing is to rush and go buy her ice cream. Special woman

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:11am On Mar 09, 2020
obiekunie2:

guy she is codedly telling u that u r totally useless to her.

believe me u r on ur way out of her life - she just gave u the judas kiss bro.

you got it wrong

using your thinking you want her to need you because you provide her resourses you want to feel special or needed becoz of that, which can also create abuse, most ladies feel useless becoz they have been made to think and feel that her needs should be provided by man, when they can be also be capable if given equal opportunity
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Lordave: 5:38am On Mar 09, 2020
Action, they say, speaks louder than words.

From her attitude I would know what she really meant.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by ogawisdom(m): 7:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:
A woman said to her husband "I'm not with you because I need you, I'm with you because I love you"
I thought that was a strong statement, and I wondered as a man, how those words would make one feel...
If as a man, those words were said to you by your wife or someone you're in a relationship with, how would that make you feel? undecided

Guys, help me out here

She doesn't need to say that nonsense
Talk is cheap, action speaks louder than words all I need to see in action to be impressed is her loyalty and total submission.

She is just throwing her Independence at your face and guess what independent ladies are rarely loyal n submissive. cool
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by nlPoster: 7:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Foolish thread, foolish people in op. Op him or herself, let me not call you foolish.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Acidosis(m): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Seems like a positive but unecessary statement to make. Need is not defined by material gains only. Even if you don't NEED his money, don't you NEED his love? And how best can a man express his love without money?

Well like I said, the statement is needless.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Countersam(m): 9:47am On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Guys, help me out here

She means to tell you that she doesn't need you for material or financial gains, she loves you for what you have to offer..possibly a good dick,along with other good traits.

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Malawian(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2020
These females are ever improving ways to simp their beta males. It takes the will of God to see through their games.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2020
cococandy:

In summary it’s a good statement that shouldn’t make anyone feel bad unless they know for a fact that the person saying it is lying.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Guys, help me out here

Don't you want a Woman who doesn't need you? I do oh. A lot of Nigerian Women only need you for what you provide.
I would gladly take a Woman that doesn't need me for anything but loves me to stay.

But I were a lady, I won't even make such statement though, It might sound condescending.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Need you in what area? Can you be specific, If It's in terms of sex, then definitely not needing you in a big problem, It means she is already satisfied somewhere else.

I'm guessing we are talking about Money here, so please. Don't need me for money bikonu! Have your own money grin grin grin
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by LordKO(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2020
From my own perspective, it's very obvious that she made the statement in good faith, even though words failed her.

It's just like saying, I respect you not because I fear you but because you command my respect.

So in summary, a more palatable way to put her statement should've been; I'm with you because I love you selflessly, not because of what I can gain from you.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 10:32am On Mar 09, 2020
truthsayer009:

Need you in what area? Can you be specific, If It's in terms of sex, then definitely not needing you in a big problem, It means she is already satisfied somewhere else.

I'm guessing we are talking about Money here, so please. Don't need me for money bikonu! Have your own money grin grin grin

So, if your woman tells you she does not need you, including financially, you'd be comfortable with it?
Wouldn't you feel threatened?
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

So, if your woman tells you she does not need you, including financially, you'd be comfortable with it?

Your answer is down below -|

truthsayer009:

A lot of Nigerian Women only need you for what you provide.
I would gladly take a Woman that doesn't need me for anything but loves me enough to stay.

I won't feel threatened one bit.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Massey27: 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
OP I think it's a positive statement.

It tells she loves you and not the material things you have.

In as much as so many are saying love is a scam, I still believe they are people who love deep and genuinely.

So don't fret.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Iceyjays(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Wo dibọn alailagbara yii
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Tallesty1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:
If this statement came up when they were talking about money and she's okay financially, it is a beautiful thing otherwise it is a lie.

It is impossible to love or marry someone you don't need.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Tallesty1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
cococandy:
It depends on if it’s true or not.

As the husband who’s married to the woman, he should know how their relationship stands. What they benefit from each other and what they stand to loose individually if they are no longer together. So, if the wife makes such a statement and the husband can obviously determine that it’s a lie, then I don’t think he will be pleased with it.

However if she truly doesn’t need him but is with him because she loves him, I’m sure he doesn’t need for her to say it. He will already know it.

I don't think it is possible to be with someone you don't need

The statement can never be entirely true y'know, unless the only thing the man has to give is money.

It can only be understandable depending on the context, so whatever they were discussing when she said that is what would help us to understand and possibly reach a conclusion

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by cococandy(f): 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
I agree especially on the context part .

And I think everyone read it with a context in mind: mostly financial context. Hence the responses.

And that’s why I think if she’s talking about all kinds of need including emotional, then the wife can’t separate the two. Since love come with emotional need.
Tallesty1:
I don't think it is possible to be with someone you don't need

The statement can never be entirely true y'know, unless the only thing the man has to give is money.

It can only be understandable depending on the context, so whatever they were discussing when she said that is what would help us to understand and possibly reach a conclusion

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Her Husband Died, Then Her People Did This To Her.... / 'People Don’t Believe My Black Toddler And Albino Son Are Actually Twins' (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.