Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? (4303 Views)

Couples Hiding Their Phones: How True Is This Statement? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by owiko(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
I think it is her own way of saying she's not in the union for material benefits. But that's such an unnecessary thing to say since they are H/W
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by yvesboss(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
CsRockefeller:

That's because u don't know the real meaning of love.

I’m honestly open to be tutored
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by yvesboss(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

It still does not answer the question...

Time is the greatest test
If the worst happens will her quote still be the case?

I doubt
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Mariangeles(f): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
yvesboss:

It's not something to be "tutored"
It just happens. You'll know when it does. cheesy
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:25am On Mar 10, 2020
Mariangeles:

Does the context matter?

To "need" someone, it means you can't do without them.
It is a very deep feeling.

I believe a man would rather you need him than love him because there's deeper love for someone you need.

Isn't it the other way round? Needing someone because of what they're doing for you or what you're getting from them?

Need is a powerful thing. It can be negative—destructive and very sucking. Create an helplessly dependent situation.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2020
yvesboss:

Alright. It's a broad topic by the way. Busy now.
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by SensualMan1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
sisisioge:
Everyman should hope to get a wife that's with them for love, not for material security. Lucky dude.
With all ur wonderful rela/marital advice I wonder y u still single.

Cc: jakandeola
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by Whyzaid(f): 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
It means she's stable financially and she chose to stick to him because she wanted to help the man
Re: As A Husband, How Would This Statement Make You Feel? by RagnarKlavan: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2020
When you love someone, they fulfill some needs. It doesn't have to be financial, it could be emotional needs. Heck, the concept of love is premised on the idea of fulfilling emotional needs first. Other things are secondary. Except the woman is trying to imply this, something is wrong. She either doesn't understand the statement or not finding the right words to describe her feelings for the man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mummies In The House Please HELP!! / Could You Accept Your Partner's/Spouse's Love Child Into Your Home? / Marriage Within Or Outside One's Ethnic Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.