Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" (59244 Views)

Jumia Global And Shipped From Abroad - See What They Really Mean. / Valentine Ozigbo Honoured With Career Excellence Award As VP Applauds Transcorp / Valentine Ozigbo Marks Birthday Today, Gets Shout Outs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by LONGPREEK(m): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
oyi1:
You Can Take Adamu Out From The Village

Buh You Can Never Take The Village Away From Adam.

Just Look @The Matching Outfit Of The Socks & Tie grin
aboby, u see road. come and chop this knuckle grin
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Anambralstson: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kennyswag:
who the Bleep is he, and what the Bleep is transcorp
Mud dweller read more about Transcorp

1 Share

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by emperorzz(m): 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
oyi1:
You Can Take Adamu Out From The Village

Buh You Can Never Take The Village Away From Adam.

Just Look @The Matching Outfit Of The Socks & Tie grin
That's a leader repping his company's colour. Not as a cultist, but as a business man making a positive impact on his generation. Transcorp's official colour is orange.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by abdullkabar(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Let me hate small

Shey na by force to cross leg ni, see as e be like e want blow tongue
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by purefacti(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
no be small thing

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Kennyswag: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Anambralstson:
Mud dweller read more about Transcorp
wtf is this?
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by lonelydora: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mzee1Kahuna:

u pray to fall4pit before been pulled up?

Read your bible if you are a Christian.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Hoephase: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:
See stockings......village boy

Na you be village boy. Maybe you should Google happy socks.

All these kids that haven't left their face me I face in ogbomoso will come to NL and be forming woke.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by maxiart2(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
bjgurl:
I believe in process n' progress, I am getting there

I like your fate.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Chirowman(m): 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
oluwa remember my prayers and hustle
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by safarigirl1(f): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
englishmart:
What does it mean to be a village boy? Does residing in the village make you a village person?
In my village, there's steady light, free water, good road, good education system, yet I call my cousins village people, meanwhile I get light at this my Abuja city twice in a week. Light comes as I leave for work and goes off once I return. No money, no water system. Terrible roads and very devious police officers. I will be moving to the village soon, and other villages, I want to become a multiple Village boy like you, sir.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by maxiart2(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
From grass to grace. From nobody to somebody. Congratulations man.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by kole22k(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
So proud of you bros. Congratulations.����
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Sterrope(f): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
englishmart:
What does it mean to be a village boy? Does residing in the village make you a village person?
In my village, there's steady light, free water, good road, good education system, yet I call my cousins village people, meanwhile I get light at this my Abuja city twice in a week. Light comes as I leave for work and goes off once I return. No money, no water system. Terrible roads and very devious police officers. I will be moving to the village soon, and other villages, I want to become a multiple Village boy like you, sir.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Crochet: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
The power of sticking to your dream.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Corroro: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
Multiple village boy? Bawo?
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Starz825(m): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:
Me be one say the villageness still dey body grin
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Ayomarcel(m): 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
No one cares about that.. How did you reach to the top and have millions is what we want to know. How did u think differently from others.

Na africa we dey everyone was once a poor/village boy or girl.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Olayinka777(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:

U bad o!
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by tomdon(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Onyekachi419:
Ask him the secret of his success now...
He will tell us work hard and be prayerful grin

He has said it is luck
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by sedutrice1(f): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
englishmart:
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by emmnprince(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good for you

But initially i thought the name "ozigbo" is from Edo state
Bini to be precise

I think i have to reduce my weed and alcohol

Please do before you die young or your organs are injured and failed to function optimally.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by yoursidenigga(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:

damn niggar. Have you watched Bob heart Abisola? If yes, you will know that the stockings you are talking about is organic and might buy your phone 5 times
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Iluvmycontr3: 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
Angelinastto:
Uncommon transformation. A true example of from Grass to Grace testimony.

Exactly with the fact that he would hav over the years bn a man of discipline n focus...
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by obiem(m): 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=Slawormir post=87302648]Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good for you

But initially i thought the name "ozigbo" is from Edo state
Bini to be precise

I think i have to reduce my weed and alcohol[/quote

Lol u really have to for your own good...Oziegbe and Ozigbo are not the same na
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by ThatFairGuy: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
Aameen. You and all ummah as well. I'm very appreciative
mu2sa2:
Oh Allah, grant Your servant's earnest request or give him what in Your infinite wisdom is best for him.
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by maklelemakukula(m): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Onyekachi419:
Ask him the secret of his success now...
He will tell us work hard and be prayerful grin
must there be a "secret" behind everybody's success?
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Jaqenhghar: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ironically this former village boy will work to make sure other vilage boys like him never enjoy the privileges that took him out of the village
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Isoduwa(m): 10:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Nigerian need your help especially the younger ones try to reach back
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by delawal: 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
this is d next governor of anambra state
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by mexbee1(m): 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
GLeesMODEL:
British Council 75th Anniversary: "I was a Multiple Village Boy but Today Am global and Well Travelled" - Val Ozigbo

Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, the President of Transcorp Group and Anambra state Governorship Aspirant has been honoured and recognized at the 75th Anniversary of British Council In Nigeria. He was honoured for his inevitable role in promoting and supporting the youth empowerment and activities of British Council in Nigeria.

While reacting to the honour and recognition he received, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo had this to say "These days when I introduce myself as a multiple-village boy, because I grew up in 3 remote and peaceful villages, my newer friends find it difficult to relate, until they see me with corn on the street, palm wine from the calabash or in the midst of masquerades in absolute fraternity. Well, I love to identify myself as one, because village is the start and part of what made me what I am today, and I am ever grateful. But I am also global and well travelled (no bragging intended), thanks to the Grace of God and what He has positioned men and institutions to conspire in my favour".

But the turning point for me was the opportunity that British Council and Foreign & Commonwealth Office gave me, with the award of the most prestigious Chevening Scholarship, that enabled me to travel to England in 2003, first time in my first 33 years of existence to travel abroad. With this scholarship, passport was procured, visa provided with ease, tuition paid for, living expenses sorted for free, and with periodic check to see how I was doing, it was easy to complete my MSc in Finance from the prestigious Lancaster University with Distinction.

Just last year, 15 years after, the same Lancaster University honoured me with a Distinguished Alumni Award at its convocation ceremony, and today, as British Council celebrated its 75th Anniversary in Nigeria, it was humbling to see this same village boy as one of few guest speakers and awardees. As I remarked today, I see a better Nigeria where opportunities like this would not have to come from a foreign partner but from within. We can and should democratize luck and opportunity and raise the living standards and restore our pride as a people. As we do these, in the next 75 years, we will see Nigeria and British Council in stronger partnership, with us putting more on the table of the partnership."

#britishcouncil
#britishcouncil@75
@cheveningfco
@ukforeignoffice
@ngbritish
#KaAnambraChawapu
#village
#anniversary @ Transcorp Hilton Abuja

Igbo Amaka
Anambra Amaka

Still on the matter

Go off the Grid today with the power in your hands call us to get a free quote and consultations on all the solutions Dexter Engineering Services offers which are designed and tailored to meet your immediate needs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React / Zenith Bank Shuts Down Some Branches / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.