Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS (19754 Views)

ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement / FG, ASUU Set October Deadline For Payment Of Salaries, Allowances’ Arrears / ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jmaine: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2020
guy222:
just got promoted to JSS2, any more question please?

Go back to school.. You have a lot to learn so you can contribute to the topic intelligently.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by glowingflame7: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2020
So many ASUU lecturers on this thread, yuck
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jmaine: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2020
PassingShot:

I was. ASUU is the worst of all professional bodies in Nigeria.

Which tertiary Institution were you lecturing?

ASUU is the worst professional body yet they arr in the vanduard of ensuring the University education system doesn't suffer the same fate as the primary and secondary schools in Nigeria.

But Agenda must agend
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by okewumi: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2020
guy222:
that is my question sir, are they the only union in nigeria? The doctors, police and even the military have all enroil in this IPPIS, the big question is that why is ASUU afriad of IPPIS

Don't mind them. Bunch of criminals. I remember all those years, they will embark on strike thinking they are fighting for student not knowing it is their pocket.
I don't see any different between them and NUPENG. I was surprised when a NASU member said he is happy about IPPIS. They will not focus on primary task, but jumping from one private university to another. They killed public university.

Teacher jumping up and down to their private schools. Textbooks that were meant for public schools were diverted to their private schools, today they have killed public schools.

Doctors have killed public hospitals now because of their private clinic. Fashola tried all he could in Lagos state to stop that nonsense, yet they will direct patients to their private hospital killing public

Government should not agree with them, l don't trust ASUU. If you they are not ready, then should resign.

In UI now, NASU shut down the school because of corruption of the management. If you ask me, it is the same ASUU members in management.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by Jaiye3k: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2020
eliash:
if you really know the reason why d so called ASUU don't like dis scheme u would be disappointed

What's the reason?
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2020
MAY BE THIS WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF ASSU. HOW CAN SOME BUNCH OF OVER RATED INDIVIDUALS HOLD THEIR EMPLOYER RANSOM.REMEMBER STATE UNIVERSITIES WHO ARE NOT BEING PAID BY THE FEDERAL GOVT WILL NOT JOIN IN THIS THEIR MADNESS.[b][/b]
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by sinkhole: 9:36am On Mar 09, 2020
enemyofprogress:
they should go and die
Alright, thank you.
Oshiomole said same thing before, I wonder who is "going to die" today cheesy wink
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by okewumi: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2020
guy222:
that is my question sir, are they the only union in nigeria? The doctors, police and even the military have all enroil in this IPPIS, the big question is that why is ASUU afriad of IPPIS

Don't mind them. Bunch of criminals. I remember all those years, they will embark on strike thinking they are fighting for student not knowing it is their pocket.
I don't see any different between them and NUPENG. I was surprised when a NASU member said he is happy about IPPIS. They will not focus on primary task, but jumping from one private university to another. They killed public university.

Teacher jumping up and down to their private schools. Textbooks that were meant for public schools were diverted to their private schools, today they have killed public schools.

Doctors have killed public hospitals now because of their private clinic. Fashola tried all he could in Lagos state to stop that nonsense, yet they will direct patients to their private hospital killing public

Government should not agree with them, l don't trust ASUU. If you they are not ready, then should resign.

In UI now, NASU shut down the school because of corruption of the management. If you ask me, it is the same ASUU members in management.

A lecturer in UI was shouting " l hate IPPIS, God will punish buhari" grin. My friend as her, you are sabbatical leave lecturing in three private university, when you finish your leave, you only give handouts to student in public school, is that the way it should be?
She could not talk again. CRIMINALS

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2020
The number one problem why our education is in total comatose is ASUU itself

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Witcher:
The Federal Government has not told Nigerians the truth about what it wants to achieve through the IPPIS because the IPPIS is an embodiment of corruption itself . There is evidence to prove that many people are on the payroll under IPPIS yet they are not working anywhere . If they are sincere they should decentralise it .
“ Each university should have desk officers so that anytime somebody has a complaint, it doesn’ t require the person going to Abuja ; you walk over to the desk officer in your university and put up your complaint . But as it is now , if you go to Abuja you will hire a hotel and you may spend three, four days without meeting the officer in charge. These are the things that people have been pointing out but they don ’t want to understand it that way .
IPPIS software controlled in US – UNN ASUU chair
“ They say they want a centralised system of payment as if those who are there are the saints of society . But whatever it is, our own concern , the concern of ASUU is that the IPPIS is not corrupt- free . You say you want software that can control everything about Nigeria, yet the software is not domiciled and controlled by Nigeria. It is controlled by a foreign country . The software that they are using is that of the Apple domiciled in the United States of America which means every information about Nigeria is to be managed by the US. How can Nigeria hand over something so sensitive to the US like IPPIS. hmm

ASUU are criminals
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jesmond3945: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2020
guy222:
I have never and will never apply politics in what ever i said, though what u stated is right. But my pain is that am sad due to the atitude of some of this prof and Dr, the ones that call themselves visiting lecturers, sometimes u see them only once in a semaster, what i am saying is that it is killing our education system,Thanks anyway
yea you are right. Thats why we need more people to be trained in specialized areas to manage the workload. Even in Uk they are on strike because of this same thing.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by guy222: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2020
jmaine:

Go back to school.. You have a lot to learn so you can contribute to the topic intelligently.

definately sir
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jmaine: 9:52am On Mar 09, 2020
okewumi:

Sure ASUU members are the Registrars, the director of Personnel and Human resources and the Bursars as well...

As a matter of fact ASUU members make up the entire council were serious Admin decisions are taken..

I love your intellect... Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jmaine: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2020
maoolakanm:
MAY BE THIS WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF ASSU. HOW CAN SOME BUNCH OF OVER RATED INDIVIDUALS HOLD THEIR EMPLOYER RANSOM.REMEMBER STATE UNIVERSITIES WHO ARE NOT BEING PAID BY THE FEDERAL GOVT WILL NOT JOIN IN THIS THEIR MADNESS.[b][/b]

ASUU fought several Military Juntas.. Even the menacing Abacha wasn't spared...

The NLC that has been dymystified.. How has that favoured you as a Nigerian...?

Tomorrow they will increase power supply rate and fuel increase will follow, but no one to fight for you cos they are all firmly in the oppressors pocket..

At the end of the day.. You will all suffer and smile as usual...
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by ifdaeg(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2020
Academic strike union of universities (ASUU). Keep frustrating naija students
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by guy222: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2020
jmaine:

you are a very stupid human being, keep identifying people's gramatical or typographical errors on nairaland, dont go and look for work to do, idiot animal, people like u feel u know too much while u know nothing, dunes like u.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by Parrish: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

I was. ASUU is the worst of all professional bodies in Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by iamsamadeyinka(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Yet you have a degree... Not all lecturers are bad, I believe you know that...
Opexzy:
It's customary, they are at it again. Good for nothing lecturers. Research dem no go show face, lecture: na toto to screw dem go dey look for. But any small thing Let's go on strike.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by jmaine: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2020
guy222:
you are a very stupid human being, keep identifying people's gramatical or typographical errors on nairaland, dont go and look for work to do, idiot animal, people like u feel u know too much while u know nothing, dunes like u.

You obviously dropped out of school cos you couldn't cope with basic academic scrutiny.. I appreciate where your pain is coming from..

Like I said, go back to school... Cheers
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by SirKomA(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2020
helinues:

Bad me..... grin

Is striking the only alternative left for ASUU?

Don't you know how to answer a question?
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by SirKomA(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2020
isram:
This country is gone

If you have means to leave

Please hurry b4 it's too late

Leave to where there is corona virus?
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by helinues: 10:54am On Mar 09, 2020
SirKomA:

Don't you know how to answer a question?

Which of the question?
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by Opexzy: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2020
iamsamadeyinka:
Yet you have a degree... Not all lecturers are bad, I believe you know that...
You are right, when i was in uni i met a couple of good once amongst them, but they are too few to be considered fair. In my department, i think i can vouch for just one of them...which is my HOD.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by luluman: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2020
JunctionBox:
Hmmmmmmmmm

Strike no dey taya ASUU?
/That's the only way to fight government legally.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by joshualarry32: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
i swear this is born to happen soon or later. i hope FG handle the issue well
check my signature for your NYSC re/de
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by sgd: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
ASUU has points
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by s4short: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
peeps4u:

In as much as I dont fully support ASUU, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Until all institutions like CBN, FIRS staff are also included on IPPIS scheme before ASUU can be arm-twisted I to this scheme.

If FG can exclude some institutions from IPPIS, ASUU will also not allow itself included. These ASUU men are educated, that's why they always seem stubborn because they know their rights.

How can you compare institutions that generate funds for government with Universities, if ASUU wants that treatment they should become truly independent and run themselves but until they do that they have no say in how the FG chooses to pay it's workers which they are part of.

Big kudos to the FG for taking this bold step to clip the wings of this notorious association I pray they see it through. This is only the beginning of the end for ASUU if only they were truly enlightened they would have avoided this fight because they can't win.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by s4short: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
aljharem:

Educate your self first

Those other "Nigerians" are Ministry workers not Lecturer.

Do you even know the mean of a University ?

So what is peculiar about lecturers and what is peculiar about universities in Nigeria?
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Nice one! Our lecturers are overstressed yet paid peanuts. IPPIS trash will make them poorer... allow them take adjunct jobs in other universities and make more money.
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by NGtochukwu(m): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mek God help em children
Re: ASUU Set For Strike, Maintains Opposition To IPPIS by AmeLonRo(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
I think ASUU fought for the creation of TETFund which is benefiting students in campuses today. is that a personal fight for themselves?

guy222:
for your mind ASUU is fighting for the mases/student abi? U sound as if u did not pass through university or better still u went to pravert university, is either u are deiceiving urself or u dont really know what is happening, no make me trasfer the agration of the numbers of year wey i spend for school as a result of ASUU strike for ur head this morning, i take God beg u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masari Asks Boarding Students To Vacate Hostels Over Rising Insecurity / Physically-Challenged Ahmad Suyudi Graduates From Cyprus University / Download FREE Past Questions Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.