Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! (1140 Views)

Poll: Can MEN and women be platonic friends?

Yes: 73% (11 votes)
No: 13% (2 votes)
Only after we test each other first!: 13% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

7 Things Women Can Do To Drive Men Wild During Sex. / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / When She Just Wants To Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Ladyjide(f): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2010
Disclaimer-*This topic was taken from an article in Essence Magazine and the thoughts are not my own"

Can a man and a woman have a strictly platonic relationship who has your back no matter what? "Some will say that one person in the friendship will remain your friend in hopes that one day there'll be a crack in the door, a chink in the armor,   Most times it is the man in the friendship and trust and believe that guy that you think is just your friend -- will try and  slide in that crack the moment he gets the opportunity because they are  guys."

What is your take on it?
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by kokoye(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2010
I have several female friends. I have no problems with it since I grew up with 4 sisters.

But yea, ladies need to be careful - men can tend to wanna take that opportunity. I once did - back when I was much younger. But the females caused it . . some called me a slacker for not making a move on them. So that was my reason back then.

Iru ere wo l'aja b'ekun se? o fe pa je ni.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by freecocoa(f): 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2010
Well i do know i have a guy that i've been friends with for 9 years now,i mean really close friends and its been strictly platonic,i've been single for almost two years now and he didn't try anything funny,instead he even tried to match make me several times.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Osama10(m): 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
Yes they can.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by kokoye(m): 12:00am On Dec 22, 2010
I have hooked up two of my female friends and they are both happily married. A 3rd is currently in the works.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Ladyjide(f): 12:16am On Dec 22, 2010
kokoye:

I have several female friends. I have no problems with it since I grew up with 4 sisters.

But yea, ladies need to be careful - men can tend to wanna take that opportunity. I once did - back when I was much younger. But the females caused it . . some called me a slacker for not making a move on them. So that was my reason back then.

Iru ere wo l'aja b'ekun se?  o fe pa je ni.

False sense of security!! I know it too well!!

kokoye:

I have hooked up two of my female friends and they are both happily married. A 3rd is currently in the works.
Thanks for the hook up--- will ensure you are best man at the wedding!! cool * in my sarcastic voice!!
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 22, 2010
Yes, they can. . .
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by 190: 12:38am On Dec 22, 2010
never tot it xsisted

but for the past 2yrs now

ive had more female friends than males

infact i dont have much male friends no more
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by thiscounts(m): 12:42am On Dec 22, 2010
Don't let us fool ourselves has it for once never crossed your mind to make a move on him or her in all these years of being friends.Yes!It had but you mustered up the morals in you to stop but for how long would you continue to suspress the urge even when it was aroused from the feelings meant to protect her, something like you dont want any guy to come around,use her and dump her so you feel if sex is all she needs at that moment let you give it to her so as to make her happy even when you might not derive any pleasure from it.
  Being platonic friend is good but there has never been one in real sense of it, sometn would surely lead to sometn maybe not now but for sure it will.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by iice(f): 5:11am On Dec 22, 2010
I've heard people say so, but i'm friends with mostly guys. I'm a forthright person (if i'm friends with the person), if i like you in a sexual way. . .i would tell you, if not, i will also tell you. Most of my friends think of me as a sister. . .sounds incestuous to us to be more than friends. Like major gross undecided
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by googles: 6:26am On Dec 22, 2010
Yes, they most definitely can be.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by MrCork3: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2010
Friends?? undecided ermmmm, yes! tongue
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by slap1(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Yes. 70% of my friends are female. I trust them with little secrets more than guys. Some peepz call me " blessed among women", no problem.
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by MrCork3: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2010
slap1:

Yes. 70% of my friends are female. I trust them with little secrets more than guys. Some peepz call me " blessed among women", no problem.

70%?? wha the heck! , so all u do is just chat chat chat, till kingdom comes, no action.

i bet u one of those guys they call ONLy when they neeed a lift (no oofeinse) undecided
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Dsense(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
OP.
tHEY CAN BE!
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by MrCork3: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

OP.
tHEY CAN BE!

ermm U have any female frineds there in Egypy? dont lie! undecided
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
that what Steve Harvey had to say about the issue (made a lot of sense):

[flash=435,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGqvB_WxBs?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Dsense(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
!!Mr Cork:

ermm U have any female frineds there in Egypy? dont lie! undecided
Lot! . . . . . . .Are you envious! tongue
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by MrCork3: 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2010
D-sense:

Lot! . . . . . . .Are you envious! tongue

[color=#990000]arshies? undecided[/color]
Re: Men And Women Can Not Be Friends! by Essyangel(f): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
yeyeyes

(1) (Reply)

Asking A Girl Out / . / Why Do Some Men Sit With Their Legs Spread Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.