Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,559 members, 7,955,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Men Don't Argue With Women. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Don't Argue With Women. (844 Views)

Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo) / South African Woman States Why Men Don't Want To Leave Her Alone / Meet Paul Zuluka, Man Who Has Sex With Women For A Living In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by 2buffagain(m): 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
I personally do not argue with women.
Especially when I see the argument is no longer logical, but some irrational/emotional mess.

The issue comes down to how men are great at compartmentalizing.
As a man, I have opinions. But I do not attach my opinions to my psyche or emotions as unchangeable.
Opinions change, but only if a more superior logic has entered the game than the previous logic that bound that opinion to my psyche.

In an argument, if the other person can present me solid facts that irrefutably make my earlier opinion of something unfounded based on common sense, I have no issues going "Hmm. I stand corrected then" and proceed to learn something new. I don't see it as a failure for "standing corrected". I have upgraded my thought codex, and acquired more knowledge...more logic.

This is unfortunately not how most women's mind works.
For women (in stark opposition to the rules of compartmentalization)...everything is connected.

I've said before, women are not illogical.
They can be just as good at processing it as much as men.
The only thing is, women cannot process new information when their emotions are high.

The emotional side of their brain is simply stronger than the logical side, and easily over-powers the logical side.
This is why most women find it super hard to simply become calm and tend to need extra help doing so (crying, etc).
"But why should her emotions be high over a basic difference of opinion?" you ask.

A woman is more likely to attach her opinions to her emotion, so that a disagreement with her opinion is not just an assault on the "possibly obsolete" logic backing up that opinion, but it means an assault on her personally. An assault on her entire being....because everything is connected.
So the emotional side of her brain activates fight or flight mode, desperately trying to use everything it can find to win this assault i.e argument.

Sometimes it will use logic, and if logic is no longer serving its case to win the argument, it will quickly discard logic and reach desperately for something else....something that likely makes no sense. Men find it hard to do this even if we are agitated, because the logical side of our brain is still strong enough to keep emotional wahala in check (unless the man is a mental invalid)

With women, the logical side of the brain is not militant enough to fight the invasion of emotion. It is all about adrenalin and desperation and winning the argument when she is in this state.
Logic means nothing. From a brain physiological state, You are basically arguing with a drunk at that point.
Her brain cannot take in any new information in its state of civil war, so do not bother continuing to argue with her...unless you have time to waste.

Go on to do other things until her emotional flight or flight, must-win-argument-or-I-am-a-failure mode has subsided, so that the logical side of her brain can finally wrest control from the usually stronger emotional side. Then and only then can it process new logical information.
But this can only be by herself and will only happen when you, i.e the threat, is no longer in the vicinity and has gone to do something else more important with your time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by chatinent: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
I can relate. I personally don't argue with anyone (male or female). When I'm done talking I leave people to argue with themselves.
Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lol. If they catch you revealing their true nature eh.

As wise old Chess grandmaster say:

"Voomen kannot play Chess bekos voomen khaff no lojeec"
Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by Davash222(m): 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
Before you start any argument with a Nigerian girl, please endeavor to get Sudrex close to you. There’s no way you will argue with a Nigerian girl without having headache. It’s in the constitution.

These days I don’t even have time for arguments, if I tell you 1+1 is 2 and you said it’s 4, baba, it’s 4.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
grin
Nnaabros:
Understanding men is equally as hard.
Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by lecturerr(m): 11:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Women are funny... In the process of argument, if you laugh is a problem, if you smile it's equally a problem. Worse is when you even keep quiet. What do they really want.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Argue With Women. by Unpussified: 12:07am On Mar 10, 2020
For women the goal is to win the argument by hook or crook even when she's wrong. That's why it's pointless to argue with them.

(1) (Reply)

Ubunja Has Abandoned Us!! / Pictures Challenge / “A Poor Family With Rich Taste Is The Surest Sign Of Troublesome In-laws” – Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.