Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! (4415 Views)

Kidnapped Colonel Samaila Inusa Is Dead / Man Loses Land, Millions To Trusted Friends (pictured) / Woman Kidnapped, Raped, Murdered In Benin And Dumped In The Boot Of A Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by twinskenny(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2010
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101222473743

If you call it a betrayal of trust, you may not be wrong. The kidnap of Sharon Omolayo, a pupil of Avi-Cenna International School, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos State, last Monday was masterminded by a member of her household, Damilare Akamo.

Akamo, who was declared missing alongside Sharon, was described by the girl’s parent as a trusted home help, who had been with the family for six years.

It was therefore shocking to the family on Tuesday as Akamo confessed that he was the one that took Sharon to a hideout in Alakuko area of the state and connived with two of his friends he identified simply as Iskilu and Lukman to demand ransom from the family.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by jokingmary(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2010
What a pity
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by Ministerra: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2010
A man's enemies are members of his own household. I've always said dt if person do juju to harm u, if ur person hand no join, d juju no go work. The guy is just plain ungrateful, nt to mention wicked.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by slap1(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2010
Thank God it wasn't ritualists.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 22, 2010
, and some people said it oh! This househelp idea sef! Thank God for Sharon's safety. After my experience with a househelp(lost my virginity to her)I don't think I will ever have one. The males can equally be as bad as the females.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by mafolayomi(f): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
thank God she has bin found
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by softgirl1: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
na wa o neva trust anyone with your kids this life is a mistry alot of things are happening
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by haboosa(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2010
infact they suppose conduct series of medical test on the kidnapped girl so that the guy wouldnt have infected her with any form of disease, God help us with diff house help wey we dey employ oooooo sad angry
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by chakula: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
Wonder shall Never end.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by tymohs(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
It is advisable that you take your Domestic Staff to the police station nearest to you for profiling, before employing him or her . Make sure  that his/her details are submitted to the police.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by MsTom(f): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
Thank God she is safe.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by andyanders: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
[b]THANK GOD SHE IS FOUND. I WROTE SAME DAY TO SAY THAT THEY SHOULD NOT RULE OUT THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE SO CALLED HOUSE HELP THAT DISAPPEARED WITH THE GIRL AS HE/SHE MIGHT BE INVOLVED. IT IS HIGH TIME PEOPLE STOP THIS ISSUE OF HOUSE HELP AND FACE REALITY. IT IS BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP LABOR, LAZINESS AND EGO ATTITUDE THAT PEOPLE HIRE HOUSE HELP. PEOPLE SHOULD FACE THEIR RESPONSIBILITY BY GOING EXTRA MILE TO RUN THEIR HOMES ALONE. WE ARE TOO PROUD OF OURSELVES HERE IN NIGERIA. MEN SHOULD LEARN HOW TO HELP THEIR WIVES AND WIVES TO HELP THEIR HUSBAND BY DOING WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING AS HOUSE WIVES. WOMEN ARE TOO PROUD NOW TO FACE THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. ONCE THEY HAVE GOOD JOBS, THEY PREFER TO HIRE HOUSE HELPS=COOKS, DRIVERS AND OTHERS. THESE PEOPLE HELP KILLING THEM AT THE END. WE ARE TOO PROUD IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE OF CORRUPTION, WE CAN AFFORD TO USE THE MONEY TO NOW ACQUIRE ALL SORTS OF THINGS TO OUR OWN DETRIMENT. WE LIKE GETTING DRIVERS FOR MADAM, OGA AND PICKIN. EVEN HOUSE ANIMALS HAS THEIR OWN DRIVERS. JUST TO SHOW OFF. MOST OF THESE PEOPLE END UP BEEN KILLED THROUGH THESE PEOPLE THEY HIRED AS HOUSE HELPS. GO AHEAD AND KILL YOURSELVES IF YOU WANT BY HIRING[/b]
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by Jibson999(m): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
lyk d yoruba peole say.
KOKORO TON JE'efo ara éfo lowa
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by turboman(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
Such situations are preventable only if women are ready to play their role as mothers. I wonder why women of nowadays abandon their family just for the sake of "i am a working class lady" or "i have my own income and do not depend on my hubby", all at the expense of their innocent children who gets to be trained and battered by third parties (relatives, enemy babysitters, witch  maid, house girl, ogbanje, houseboy, househelp etc).

Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by Eveoeve(f): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
Thank God that she's been found.

www.naturekay..com
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by jovi: 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
Please can we all remember to run health checks on our house helps, esp HIV AND HEPATITIS B, TRY AND DO THIS AT CREDIBLE LABS, Dont go to any cheap lab cause u believe u dont want to spend money on her/him, imagine if your child gets infected,
also, its better to leave the kids in school than with a house help until its time for you to get home esp if u dont have a family member in the home, (A SANE FAMILY MEMBER, SOME ARE JUST AS BAD), These helps normally use the children for their sexual exploits, this results in negative tendencies when the child is older, a lot of harm is being done all over the world cause of the changes we are now having, (mums not being able to stay at-home with kids),

I on my part consider my children more important than anything else, things are not too rosy, but we live within our means, i have a part-time job.9(even though i'm on my way to becoming a chartered accountant), people think i'm crazy sometimes, but i know what i'm doing, i plan to remain in a part-time job until my children can talk well and report anything strange,
B4 i get crucified, i agree this may not be possible for everyone and that is why i have given the above advice for women who just have to work, and also pray that the Good Lord may remove all evil persons in the way he knows best from our innocent children, AMEN,
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by MsTom(f): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2010
keep thinking why a woman would get a man as a house help knowing that she has 2 girls?
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by snowdrops(m): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
MsTom:

keep thinking why a woman would get a man as a house help knowing that she has 2 girls?
this is bothering on sexism. not all men are perverts you know.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by onyeije1: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
MsTom:

the same question i asked, i just wonder

i guess this is a wake up call for her

it could have been worse

Thank God
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by joshua112: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
i told my wife who knows the omolayo family that my suspect would be the house help.I said if the house help would have to go and pick sharon from school in a cab then it will be impossible for the cab man to kidnap both of them. so i suspect maybe sharon's dad or mum had offended him (househelp) in one way or the other and the househelp is trying to get back at them.

hnmmmmmmmmmm the way things are going i dont get cos pple love money so much that they can go to any extent to get money.

my congratulations to the omolayo family.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by rasputinn(m): 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^
What can I say,this is so close to home.Capt Omolayo is is well known to my wife.
Infact,right from the day she reported the incidence on Monday,I just told her it's the Akamo house help of a goat.This thing happened cos of the follolwing factors I think;
1)The man was too trusting of the house help,he really let him in on a lot of his private stuff he shouldn't have.I hear this also included his finances)
2)While the Capt Omolayo was still in Lagos in his former place of work,I understand he used to do the school run by himself,but the moment he got a job in a rival company and was posted to Warri,his wife(who by the way only runs a small self-owned biz) did not take up the task of the school run,enter the house boy.

We keep learning everyday,like I said earlier,this one was too close to home and I have definitely learnt so much from this experience and a few helpful tips on this thread.
Praise be to God almighty who answered our prayers and ensured that the evil plans of Akamo failed and Sharon was found

I hope the parents of the girl too have learnt from this experience also,no sacrifice is too much for us to make for our children.May God bless Capt Omolayo,I hear he's a good man
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by clogogo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2010
kidnapped at the Grassroot level
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by rasputinn(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
twinskenny:

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101222473743

Why did Punch newspaper blur the image of the kidnapper,dem no wan make people know who the criminal be angry angry
No shaking,there's this leaflet that was circulated by the authorities of Avi-Cenna,my wife has a copy,I will scan it and post it here,it has a clearer picture of the kidnapper
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by Odunnu: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
Oh,the heart of man is desperately wicked.
ThankGod it didnt work out for the evil boy
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by tlops(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
MsTom:

she was trying to protect her family, at-least the husband no go fit nail the guy. you need to be prayerful on who to leave our children with
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by MeGaStReEt: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
Owbeecee:

, and some people said it oh! This househelp idea sef! Thank God for Sharon's safety. After my experience with a househelp(lost my virginity to her)I don't think I will ever have one. The males can equally be as bad as the females.

lol
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by reindeer: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
turboman:

Such situations are preventable only if women are ready to play their role as mothers. I wonder why women of nowadays abandon their family just for the sake of "i am a working class lady" or "i have my own income and do not depend on my hubby", all at the expense of their innocent children who gets to be trained and battered by third parties (relatives, enemy babysitters, witch  maid, house girl, ogbanje, houseboy, househelp etc).
It isnt that simple.Modern economics make it hard for the typical," husband brings home the loot, mummy keeps the brood" lifestyle.You can only pray for the best.I honestly don't think most women work for the reasons you gave.
jovi:

Please can we all remember to run health checks on our house helps, esp HIV AND HEPATITIS B, TRY AND DO THIS AT CREDIBLE LABS, Dont go to any cheap lab cause u believe u dont want to spend money on her/him, imagine if your child gets infected,
also, its better to leave the kids in school than with a house help until its time for you to get home esp if u dont have a family member in the home, (A SANE FAMILY MEMBER, SOME ARE JUST AS BAD), These helps normally use the children for their sexual exploits, this results in negative tendencies when the child is older, a lot of harm is being done all over the world cause of the changes we are now having, (mums not being able to stay at-home with kids),

I on my part consider my children more important than anything else, things are not too rosy, but we live within our means, i have a part-time job.9(even though i'm on my way to becoming a chartered accountant), people think i'm crazy sometimes, but i know what i'm doing, i plan to remain in a part-time job until my children can talk well and report anything strange,
B4 i get crucified, i agree this may not be possible for everyone and that is why i have given the above advice for women who just have to work, and also pray that the Good Lord may remove all evil persons in the way he knows best from our innocent children, AMEN,

It is illegal to conduct HIV test for anyone without their consent.If it must be done, the househelp must expressly give his/her consent. I know this practice is rampant in Nigeria but it should be discouraged.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by GODSON2009(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
i really feel for the little girl caught up in the middle of this drama and i really hope for her sake that the memories will not affec t her psychologically in any negative way.
having said that while i do not know exactly how the house help was treated but this is a lesson for those who treat house helps like slaves i have discovered that when househelps are given a sense of belonging and treated like a part of the family taking care of their welfare needs e.t.c they dont do these sort of thing, i believe that for the guy to have stayed with them for 6 yrs means he is or was doing something right,the question is that what prompted him to wake up one day and decide to do this
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by san26dy(f): 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
Thank God she's been found o. Na waa all these househelp problems.
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by OAM4J: 12:55am On Dec 23, 2010
SMH. Na wa o!
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by ikeyman00(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

igboman shaking his head!!

god oh god help us
Re: Trusted Home Help Kidnapped Sharon! by omongbatl: 1:55am On Dec 23, 2010
The name of the kidnapper sounds familiar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed! New Method Used By Criminals To Steal Money From Bank Accounts / See As They Killed These Two Boys Like Thieves - Vikings And KK Cult War / Pastor Caught Speaking In Tongues While Eating Woman’s Vagina (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.