Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa (54648 Views)

Photos From The Burial Of Stanley Nwabia TheRealMrStan / Burial Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Kids Who Died In Accident (photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Cyrus Nunieh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Rolly22(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
erad:
Unnecessary brouhaha...

The organization can enjoy her services while she was alive but can't take care of her funeral,
what sort of nonsense is that?
Then they should arrange for her to be flown to Nigeria for burial.

She is a nun and that means the church is her family or is that not the whole point of not getting married and having kids?

This looks too much like cheap blackmail and propaganda.

My brother the whole story doest make any sense.
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by hahn(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Shipping Human Remains to Nigeria

Services of Funeral Director and Staff=$1,295

Transfer from place of death (within 50 miles)=$400

Embalming=$895

Dressing/Cosmetology/Casketing=$175

20 gauge metal casket with gasket (assorted colors)=$1,398

2 death certificates for Consulate=$25

Overnight mail to and from Nigerian Consulate=$250

Consulate=$30

Service van to airport=$175

Shipping Container (required by airline)=$800

Airfare ESTIMATE ONLY=$5,000

TOTAL $10,443 (N3.8 million). And we're yet to talk about the burial proper in Nigeria since we are big on frivolities, as a nation, of course.

PS: N3.8M is almost the cheapest you'll get moving a remain to Nigeria from the US.

How much will it cost for the siblings to travel to the US, organise the burial and come back?
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by thundafire: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Embalming=$895

Consulate=$30

TOTAL $10,443 (N3.8 million). And we're yet to talk about the burial proper in Nigeria since we are big on frivolities, as a nation, of course.

PS: N3.8M is almost the cheapest you'll get moving a remain to Nigeria from the US.
let them give der consent for her to be buried case closed in other news USA may shut down der airspace and waterways because of the Virus cs dis Virus is not joking
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by AFONJACOW(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Trust me, the 10k is somewhat cheap. I chose not to do a quote of some other funeral expenses that would take the money into 15k +, plus no way in hell the family would go abroad and stay a month. It is unwise. They could do motels and not necessarily hotels where they'd get charged hundreds of Dollars per night. If they are burying her abroad, a day and that's it. Americans aren't big on parties like us, so the room to make any noise won't be available. A week and they're done.
why sudden change of love for the late rev sister They no go when she was alive nah when she don die all the family won go do burial abroad, when did igbos start burying their dead outside home, I bet my balls if these two , get to United States they will tear race, who won suffer buhari hardship
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by dejisilva(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Do you have an innovative idea?

Do you lack the resources to launch that idea?

Do you know that last year over 2500 entrepreneurs won the Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant of $5000 each?

The application is still ongoing till 31st March.

Hurry now, Let us help you apply for this and other grant opportunities out there.
Visit www.treskaro.com or call 08063877465, 08182884091
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by sapientia(m): 12:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lived and naturalised in USA.

OK..
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by SEGLIZ: 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

The visa option is no doubt cheaper. We spent N5m+ moving a family member who died way back. It was so annoying because he had instructed his wife and kids to return his body home, that he wasn't going to be forgotten in a strange land, a strange land he ran to for decades.

that family member is a wicked soul even in death. he never wanted to be buried in a strange but chose to die in there?
unna get the money na him make dey do yanga when dey alive and inside casket.
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Iluvmycontr3: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2020
densiks:

There’s no big deal about this story.

There is an alternative to request her remains to be sent over to Nigeria if they won’t grant a visa.

After all it is not a must that she should be buried in America.

My thoughts...
Those that believe in solutions and way forward anyhow always hav a second thought.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Sirmuel1(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
oz4real83:
and what will be the cost if two relatives of the woman were to travel to the US? grin grin

4000-5000 dollars depending on the airline
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
ChristyB:
This family really needs to go not just for the funeral but also take custody of everything the late sister had.
If they send her corpse, then how will the family take possession of her properties?
Grant them Visa already.

Nuns and priests property belong to their congregation and church
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by luluman: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
Godwin2am:

the law is the law!!!!
why is Trump trying to breach the sanction by wanting to medical relief materials to Iran to help combat coronavirus........and Iran behave matually by rejecting Trump offer..............America is using their Department of Justice to run the affair of the world only to their favour
All because they ask us to stay in our country? If you vex please leave them alone o.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by ajl: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
densiks:

There is an alternative to request her remains to be sent over to Nigeria if they won’t grant a visa.

Who will foot the bill? Do you think sending a dead body by airplane over a distance to location thousands of kilometers away is like sending commercial cargo. It will cost tens of thousands to get it as far as Nigeria. Even within the US it may cost few thousands.

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by ajl: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sirmuel1:

4000-5000 dollars depending on the airline

Impossible for international transport to Nigeria. Maybe to a neighbouring country. That price you put their is just slightly higher for transport within US. It's like comparing the cost of air ticket from Houston to Newyork to the price for a flight from Houston to Lagos.
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by powerblaze(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
erad:
Unnecessary brouhaha...

The organization can enjoy her services while she was alive but can't take care of her funeral,
what sort of nonsense is that?
Then they should arrange for her to be flown to Nigeria for burial.

She is a nun and that means the church is her family or is that not the whole point of not getting married and having kids?

This looks too much like cheap blackmail and propaganda.

It's a very disappointing response from her congregation. How can someone work for u all her life and you disown her at death.
Terrible
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
even her church that she sacrificed her life for has abandoned her corpse, lesson for all those that sacrifice their sanity on the altar or religion.
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Authorize the burial from Nigeria, it's as simple as that. A Ghanaian dead here few years ago and his wife authorized his burial from Ghana. Stop making mountains out of molehills. cool cool
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by SECgraphix(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hmm...
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by slickbak(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
densiks:

How many of the relatives are really going to pay last respect Na japa ooo

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by ensamy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
WHAT IS REALLY SPECIAL ABOUT SOMEONE EVEN GOING TO THE US, I SEE NOTHING SO FANTASTIC ABOUT IT. I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THOUSANDS OF NIGERIANS IN THE U.S, I GO FOR VACATION WHERE EVER I WANT. BIKO NU, WHAT SO SO SPECIAL AMERICA AMERICA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ABEG ENJOY YOUR FATHERLAND .
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by chaloskyx: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good if you are are all desperate to be at your sisters burial why dont you bury her in Nigeria
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Wizikal(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Did she died intestate?
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by maxiuc(m): 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Knowing that she has no one there What stopped her from bringing any of her relations to the US

Dem go travel go America Dem go forget siblings to help only for them to be sending you $50 or$100 once in blue moon
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Americanboy35: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sanchez01:

Embalming=$895

Consulate=$30

This one is even cheap self, some places it start from 15000$
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Litmus: 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lol, America, Crackhead Country.
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Legendguru: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oh
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by okuya: 1:26am On Mar 11, 2020
Sanchez01:

Embalming=$895

Consulate=$30

U JOKING! I SPENT =N=7million to bring my mum's remain back to Nigeria from houston last year
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by frozen70(f): 5:04am On Mar 11, 2020
chatinent:
The burial apart, I cherish strong policies from a country, and that's what US is, not like one poultry country somewhere where anyone enters and leaves anyhow.

Not In this case
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by frozen70(f): 5:06am On Mar 11, 2020
dre11:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/burial-of-nigerian-nun-in-jeopardy-as-us-embassy-denies-siblings-visa/

They can arrange the corpse and send it home to the Catholic diocesan where she was born or if her village
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by FireKing: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2020
GamalNasser:
They should request for the body to be flown to Nigeria ..they must not go to the US
Will you foot the bills for the family.... U think say na small money we dey talk here na foreign currency oo
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by ChristyB(f): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Oh! thanks for the clarification.
I now know better..

IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Nuns and priests property belong to their congregation and church

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
AerialMapper:

Sir I know you would be very surprised and angry to see this and pls I'm very very sorry for mentioning you here. I know you'll probably insult me or call me some disgusting names but I beg you sir pls help me to survive. I'm currently broke with nowhere to run to. Pls sir I'm out of work at the moment though I lookout to see if I can see any small menial work to help me out pending if I'm able to get a job back. I'm sad it had to resort to this but the Lord knows my heart. Even my friends don't send me again. I'm not a scammer just one looking for help in my life.To survive in this country is just too tough I wish I had even only one other option to save me from this disgrace but I've been finished by Life. God bless you even if you insult me and don't help me. Thank you sir
Re: Burial Of Rev. Sister Angela Arhona Egbikuadje: US Embassy Denies Siblings Visa by DONFASZY(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sanchez01:

Embalming=$895

Consulate=$30

Wow
U try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bride's Family Gives-out N1000 Packets As Wedding Souvenir To Guests!(pic) / Bride Shows Her Dabbing Skills At Her Wedding Event. Photos / The Decoration Smoke A Lady Ordered For Her Wedding & What She Got (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.