Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? (1470 Views)

Saraki, Dogara Frustrating Buhari’s Plans – Government Official / Buhari's Daughter Zahra Adresses Herself As A Government Official...comedy Contd / The Most Corrupt Government Official Since Nigeria Gained Independence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by denex: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2007
Not counting governor Donald Duke, whose performance is just totally out of this world, I think the best is El Rufai; the Minister of the FCT. The man is very steadfast. Then there's Dora Akunyili, the Director General of NAFDAC. Charles Soludo, the Governor of the Central Bank was among my top 3, but after he
1) minted millions of coins that nobody would use.
2)Banned the old currency from circulation. (you don't mop up old currency by banning it. It is by encouraging people to accept it even more so that it can pass from the users to the commercial banks and then finally to the Central Bank who would then absorb them and replace with the new ones. Thought a professor would know that)
Anyway Charles Soludo still made my top 20.

The worst to me is GMD NNPC, Kupolokun, Sarumi when her was still a minister, Joseph Sanusi as Governor of CBN. and Ah not to forget Ezekwesili, the woman that left it all to God!

Most people say The DG of NAFDAC performed the best. But my people, I believe it is easier to work when 99% of the you work for are thanking you and praying for you and only 1% of the really bad ones aren't, unlike the FCT Minister who most people in the FCT just pray would die before he looks at the master plan again and notice something funny about their house.
Not to forget the many visits to their Imam, Pastor and Baba in order to place curses on the man. I think he performed very well in that kind of environment.

SO WHAT ARE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS?
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by chidichris(m): 7:45am On Jun 04, 2007
if the thread is still who performed worst, i am giving that to our able Borrishade.
he did it in the education ministry and later to the aviation ministry and is still doing it in the information and culture ministry.
this man performed wonderfully bad.
our educational system was in a total mess and he drew the world's attention when he took over as the head of aviation ministry with a record air misharps.
as if he was born to be a minister, he was drafted to a more quiet minstry to conclude his ill wills.
if it still involve who did well, my cap goes off for Okonjo Iweala.
she was too outstanding and was out to prove to nigerians that she is a product of the western world.
she did her work and disappeared from the scene to avoid getting involved in the political jamboree of obj and atiku.
duke made a positive history when he proved that states can equally develop on their own.

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by angel101(f): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2007
Best - Dora Akunyili
Worst - Lucky Igbinedion

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2007
Amen---- angel101---you gat it right.  The very worst, LUCKY IGBINEDION--- EDO STATE governor.  Remember how he used Edo state money to finance his father's 70th birthday in Nigeria, London and Johanesburg?  I still have the copy of that ovation and I weep each time I look at it.  See all the houses his siblings and in-laws accuired in South Africa in so short a time.  He had the effrontry to show the world how stupid he is by broadcasting his stolen loot.  Meanwhile Edo state is under seige every time it rains with terrible roads, not to talk of schools.

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2007
Oh God, how can we forget our one and only Oby Ezekwesili----minister of miseducation. This bottom power minister was responsible for finally burying whatever educational system was left in 9ja. You put it well denex---for she left it up to her "god" OBJ! While Soludo was SOLUDONIZING the banks in 9ja, Ezekwesili in the cloak of her prodecessor Osuji was '"EZEKWESILIZING" our universities and polytechniques to hell. Meanwhile all their children are in the best schools abroad. GOD WHERE ARE YOU shocked
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2007
But Ezekwesili was Minister of Education for only a couple of months. I believe she shouldn't be seen as the worst under OBJ at all, she performed creditably well as head of Budget Monitoring Price and Intelligence Unit/ Due Process.

The Best minister under OBJ was Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. She talked our creditors into writing off $18 billion of our debt, a great feat indeed.

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by Mamajama(m): 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2007
Don't you guys get tired of this OBJ talk?. let the man go in peace abeg
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by stanech: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2007
LOL Lucky's name is already here. Anything worst is Lucky. cheesy

Well I read yaradua is planning to add some past state governors to his cabinet. God! what is he thinking. embarassed

Please if you know the guy tell him not to do so.  cry

He should pick out duke and forget the others. shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2007
Precisely why Ezekwesili is one of the worst. Could not make a difference in a few months but decided to put the final nail in the coffin as instucted by her "god" OBJ. Why did she accept the job if not to loot and dissapear? She is a disgrace for jumping into a sinking ship of greed!

MAMA, we cannot let OBJ rest oh! Because the harm he has done is yet to be seen. You wait and see!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
Please provide proof that Ezekwesili looted while in government. When did leaving a ministerial position turn into looting ? If she stayed too long now, people would say she dey chop too much and no wan commot. Please do not make accusations you cannot back up.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2007
You still need proof that your "Oby" looted? Just like Donald Duke? Some people have that ability to eat and wipe their mouths clean. Some just leave the palm oil visible on their faces and clothes. In Nigeria, all are tainted --- guilty by association. That is why you do not see any progress. Ezekwesili is guilty by association and for looking the other way while the educational system in Nigeria was run down. What did she hope to accomplish in a few months if not loot or cover up the ex-looters tracks? Please shine your eyes!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2007
By the way what kind of job is "Budget monitoring price and Intelligence unit/due process"? grin  HOG WASH! Nigeria and big big grammar and posts! wink  Does she not sound like a master of moving figures with such a position in this strategic area?  She definitely cannot fail in this area given that it is left to her "god" OBJ! She was duly rewarded --- don't you think?? I beg make I go find beta thing do today!  Una dey gif me serious migraine!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 7:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
Again, you cannot make blatant accusations without proof. STAND BY YOUR WORD !

No where in Nigeria's vibrant news media has she ever been linked with looting. And as far as her leaving the ministry of education, again, its her life !  She doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation as to where she chooses to work.

If you don't like Ezekwesili, fine !  But don't come here and say because she only spent a couple of months at the ministry of education, that she looted from the place. An opportunity came up to work at the world bank and she chose to go that route. That is not a crime now, is it ?

Wetin B big big grammar and post  undecided

This is the Budget monitoring price and Intelligence unit/due process federal website.  Just because you have not heared of it does not mean it doesn't exist. Take a look at it and see what it's all about, okay ?

http://www.bmpiu.gov.ng/online/

1 Like

Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2007
Please "good" natured or Gnature--- I am not into tantrums. I only asked you a simple question. Who in good conscience will take a position where you cannot make a difference in Nigeria? She met a terrible education system in Nigeria for a few months as "Oby" did. What did she hope to accomplish? I have nothing personal against "Oby" But to sit and be part of a system that robs our youths of minimal education, be used as a puppet is what I think is terrible. WHAT DID SHE HOPE TO ACHIEVE? if not aid and abet looters. Keep waiting for proof and I hope you find it in this lifetime! Before I am tempted to get personal--my "god" says I should PEACE OUT!!!! See you all somewhere else. I have seen this kind of ill temper all over this web page and I refuse to be part of it.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2007
You said the woman looted from the ministry of education, I asked you how do you know this, you still can't answer.

No one should ever take people like you serious, you make statements based on emotion, not fact !

And when asked to back up your claim, you carry on ranting with your tantrums

Next time, don't come here and make statements about issues you know nothing about.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2007
I'm interested  also in your proof dear militia.
You can't just wake up and type anything just cos you feel like it.
if you can't prove it quit saying it
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2007
Yeah, the same proof Atiku has that OBJ is corrupt?  Keep waiting oh! In Nigeria, I said you are guilty by association.  Which other proof do you need?  WHAT DID SHE HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN A FEW MONTHS? Awon Oles!   Guilty till proven innocent!! No be so for Nigeria? grin
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by champredd(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2007
Oby actually did well by tackling one thing, the prevalence of examination malpractices and fraud in Nigerian schools. I wouldn't be surprised if MILITIA is a student who is upset with such an action. I give kudos to Oby.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2007
champredd:

Oby actually did well by tackling one thing, the prevalence of examination malpractices and fraud in Nigerian schools. I give kudos to Oby.

Thanks ooo my brother. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this line of thinking.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2007
Thank you oh!  I hear una---Madam "Oby's" SUGAR BABIES! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy We see how far she "tackled" the malpractices in a "few months"! People still attend schools in Nigeria? Could have fooled me. Yes, I attended school in Nigeria and did my youth service before I escaped Proff Osuji and Madam "Oby's" educational mayhem---thank you! That was when school was school and Nigerian degrees or certificates were not used as "butt" wipes in Ghana and South Africa.

Cheer up--I am not that old. Graduated 20 years ago for one of the Nigerian Universities at the age of 22. Yeah, now a grandma! Just had my first grand baby---you know how it is over here now! Children no dey wait these days--But I am happy for them- randy devils grin! Not now when Oby has turned the whole university system into cultic dens of robbers and asharas! Now you have people in their 40's as freshmen and sophomores or JAMBITOS as they used to say then! Please spare my the details! Your SUGAR MAMA messed up!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 06, 2007
as we say in Igboland,ndo o.
no be ya fault
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 4:09am On Jun 06, 2007
I hear!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by nwajay(m): 6:38am On Jun 06, 2007
i guess she did actually achieve something else, she has succeded in sacking the people who teach the young ones and still find joy in it.

i dont know where she hopes to recruit young men and women of today who want to hit it big like dangote in a year or two.

she don fail and has set up the next generation for doom.

i pity the next generation that will study in 9ja
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by azorjiu(m): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2007
MILITIA:

Thank you oh! I hear una---Madam "Oby's" SUGAR BABIES! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy We see how far she "tackled" the malpractices in a "few months"! People still attend schools in Nigeria? Could have fooled me. Yes, I attended school in Nigeria and did my youth service before I escaped Proff Osuji and Madam "Oby's" educational mayhem---thank you! That was when school was school and Nigerian degrees or certificates were not used as "butt" wipes in Ghana and South Africa.

Cheer up--I am not that old. Graduated 20 years ago for one of the Nigerian Universities at the age of 22. Yeah, now a grandma! Just had my first grand baby---you know how it is over here now! Children no dey wait these days--But I am happy for them- randy devils grin! Not now when Oby has turned the whole university system into cultic dens of robbers and asharas! Now you have people in their 40's as freshmen and sophomores or JAMBITOS as they used to say then! Please spare my the details! Your SUGAR MAMA messed up!

At 42, you are too young to suffer from dementia. What's up then?
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by GNature(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2007
Early mid-life crisis grin
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2007
I say I don hear! Go and suffer your own! At least you know all my illnesses cool
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by DeepSoul(f): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2007
Even with all the atrocities Chinwe Obaji committed whn she was education minister, I've never seen any1 badmouth her the way you are doing Mrs Ezekwesilli

Abi did she do something with ya husband??

Did she ever steal a boyfrnd of yours in your hey days?

Abeg leave the woman alone jare.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
Naija people!  Must you go this route?  I think you miss the point!  Answer me one question.  What did she hope to accomplish in your so called few months---when she knew she was joining a sinking ship?  If not to do her usual "budget monitoring, Logistics, and all that big big grammar mentioned by Good Nature?  Cover up the nonsense she met there abi? I beg I dey go cook--- It is almost lunch time and no food for house!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 07, 2007
Jokes aside the one that pained me well well is the abolition of unity schools.
So my FGGC is now RIP.
This is unfair,what will I tell my kids?
That I went to a secondary school that is no more?

How can a whole federal school that we suffered and passed national common entrance for,did interviews and came up the best of the best just disappear like that
just because aunty oby says so.
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by MILITIA(f): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
@babyosisi
I think you say no be my fault?  You have not started crying yet! You will shed buckets in the next 10 years cool They say the person that holds the baton at the end of the race is responsible for the whole team's victory or loss! Ezekwesili finished the race in the Education ministry and so should hang for it's failures! Period! Useless woman!

Nigerians do best at destroying existing establishments instead of strengthening them.  These useless government officials will destroy the only plan "A" available without thinking of a plan "B" angry  Our polytechniques are also gone.  Instead of equipping them with sound programs this Ezekwesili of a woman in a few months destroyed them and these her sugar babies are making noise here.  Telling me of "budget monitoring and crap!  I hope you continue sucking her breasts! kiss kiss kiss Or which ever part of her body she gave you guys to eat! kiss kiss kiss  Yum Yum to You!
Re: Which Government Official Performed The Worst Under The Obasanjo Administration? by davidif: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2008
Kai nawa o, i tire for naija sef, i really pity those stuck at home especially our generation and the ones to come cry cry embarassed

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not A Yoruba Man – Former Sokoto Gov / The Higher The Number Of Police Checkpoints, The Richer The State In Nigeria / Has Beaf's Username Been Hijacked? Or Has Beaf Gone Mad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.