Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? (2531 Views)

I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend / How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Millenniumlady(f): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2020
Idontgiveafuck2:
HE IS NOT THAT STUPID.JUST PRAY THAT THE OP'S BROTHER COMES TO UR rescue
When you're already sliding in my pms

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by churchee: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Just carry enough gifts and money with you i bet she might have told them a lot about you how kind and generous you're.....Make sure you meet up to her standard's when going goodluck smiley

Very irrelevant comment, out of class to be referred as advice.

op, be yourself but if you are getting excited about it, go with a friend, one who is mature in words, I would propose your elder brother or someone you look up to as elder colleague. Don't be too serious but don't lose yourself trying to be social (talkative) and funny. For instance, if you are asked a question, don't just answer directly and keep mute, give instance, talk about your parents and the personal relationship you share with each of them but don't embellish your story so they don't red flag you.

Take it like this; you are coming to do these people a favour by marrying their daughter but you will do yourself a big harm if they reject you.

Good luck.
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Idontgiveafuck2: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
When you're already sliding in my pms
I DEY MAD?GOD BID. I WAN DIE? POOR MAN like me

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Millenniumlady(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2020
churchee:

Very irrelevant comment, out of class to be referred as advice.

op, be yourself but if you are getting excited about it, go with a friend, one who is mature in words, I would propose your elder brother or someone you look up to as elder colleague. Don't be too serious but don't lose yourself trying to be social (talkative) and funny. For instance, if you are asked a question, don't just answer directly and keep mute, give instance, talk about your parents and the personal relationship you share with each of them but don't embellish your story so they don't red flag you.

Take it like this; you are coming to do these people a favour by marrying their daughter but you will do yourself a big harm if they reject you.

Good luck.
Do the family a favor undecided op don't take this advice
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Millenniumlady(f): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2020
Idontgiveafuck2:
I DEY MAD?GOD BID. I WAN DIE? POOR MAN like me
Go make money i still dey wait for you

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Idontgiveafuck2: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Go make money i still dey wait for you
ABEG CARRY YOUR WAHALA GO.YIU WAN KILL me?Bye

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Millenniumlady(f): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2020
Idontgiveafuck2:
ABEG CARRY YOUR WAHALA GO.YIU WAN KILL me?Bye
K keep rotting in poverty

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Idontgiveafuck2: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
K keep rotting in poverty
THANK YOU. MRS DANGOTE.
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Starz825(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Jaubdu:
I mean it not a business transaction,not job interview or business deal. The thought of meeting this great family is eating me up. BTW I'm an interesting person, calm, a lot of confident but I'm new to this. Useful advise needed.

Jaubdu..listen up to me now... treat them as ur own parent talk to them Freely and be on ur best behavior...mind u also knw when to talk and when to be silent...

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
Davash222:

Your girl misled a lot of girls here and I will not take it easy with her.

Ooshey, the Avenger of Misled Women. Is it any business of yours? Beta don't kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Bobowest(m): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
They wait is over cause my next boo might be your brother
@MillenniumLady: Rich guys come to ladies with rich mind. Everything is not about money alone. It seems you only care about guys with rich pocket even if he looks so ugly in appearance. Only God will help you.
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Millenniumlady(f): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
Bobowest:

@MillenniumLady: Rich guys come to ladies with rich mind. Everything is not about money alone. It seems you only care about guys with rich pocket even if he looks so ugly in appearance. Only God will help you.
Tell me what is important in life than money then I'll take you serious
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Just carry enough gifts and money with you i bet she might have told them a lot about you how kind and generous you're.....Make sure you meet up to her standard's when going goodluck smiley
Enough money n gifts kwa, na wao, I don't see anywhere along the lines of the OP's write-up where he stated that his girlfriend's family is hungry.
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Dexlomo: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Old enough to have a family,I worked with a firm, do some side bizs

If you cannot tell your age on a social platform and what you do, are you sure you are willing to meet people that could ask you questions that are way beyond line of decency? For example, I was at a friend's engagement ceremony and the father in law asked him if his dick is potent and big enough to satisfy his daughter. As a friend, I was ashamed but later realized the girl's father is a Baba Ita.
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Omar09(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Jaubdu:
. A lot of you misunderstood her post and thread. She an Idealist and realist. Simp and rich wannabe get offended by her thread. I burned days reading through her thread and post, I realized that she has a great mind.Don't forget she is pro women.

I get you tryna justify your babe here, but you don't have to be stu.pid about it. If you like her say you like her and point out what you like about her TO HER. We don't care what really goes on outside here so long as it doesn't concern us.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
Wow.....Two people are in love. There is nothing to worry about, dress decent, smell good, wear a native attire or you dress corporate, cashual clothes ain't a very good idea. Whatever gifts you decide on, don't fail to include a bottle of wine for her dad. Treat your lady right.... NL male haters, pls leave this couple alone shocked
Re: What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? by Bobowest(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Tell me what is important in life than money then I'll take you serious

Well, don't kill yourself because of money, my sister and also Becareful so that Yahoo boys no go take you buy Benz.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex And The Law / Is She Wrong Or Right / Video: Love Turns Ugly As Couple UnCloth Each Other In The Streets Over Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.