Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) (43284 Views)

Vandalism Worsen Grid Collapse As Gas Shortage Slashes Power Supply / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Has Implemented, In Compliance With Judicial Financial Autonomy / Lagos Police Inspect Markets And Buses To Ensure Compliance With LASG Directives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Aystarz: 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
BabangidaHamza:
The person who made the idea of privatising the power sector, the people that invested on this privatization, may Allah s.w.t never make it easy for them.. Today is 5 days since when our xformer has a fault, we complained but no response nor action.. Allah ya isa Kedco!!!

Call them out abeg. GEJ and cronies!!
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Nuells: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
EEDC come and see your mates ooo....if you bill me pass 5k this month na God go punish you guys
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Ezmans: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
Godons1:
Buhari is working.

This is the reason why we Igbo's love Buhari. He is a blessing to us in the EAst. grin

God bless Mazi Buhari. grin
you have juped from electricity bill to Igbo people
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Ezmans: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ezmans:
you have jumped from electricity bill to Igbo people
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
What about DL/GL billing (Door Lock/Gate Lock) another form of estimated billing
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by sleeknaija(m): 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

You dey mind foolish nigerians? Last ,month they gave us 3,500 as against 6,500 we use to pay . This morning they brought 11,570. Nigerians once they see anything near them, they will start to broadcast it as if if it is general.

Lolzzz.. No mind them... Money wey dem go still pay back one way or the other cheesy
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by sleeknaija(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
donald197:
AEDC Asokoro brought 15,830 bill for my self contained apartment.

Same AEDC some people here were praising? grin sad

Y didnt the reduction go round the AEDC coverage areas?

Nigerians are so gullible..
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by shola07(f): 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
and what's the hope of we using prepaid meter. the light will normally used for 13days have turn to 9½ days.. fraud every where

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Dollabiz: 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oh
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by babzlim(m): 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
This guy's aren't obeying F.G orders.. I just received my normal 10k without rendering the service.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by seemegold: 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Ikedc still brought N15,000 to my old folk's house today, a 4bedroom flat..just occupied by them alone o, 17k last month. ...I don shout tire.

IKEDC not reducing at all 8000naira bill this morning. am so disappointed
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by sleeknaija(m): 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
dfrost:

Na dem oOo. Same thing with ours after sending a message to apologize for the epileptic supply. Because of maintenance bla bla bla. Then next, boom! the bill increased by 1,500 amounting to 16k+. angry shocked Them never see something. I have printed the circular and gave to the other flat occupants. We dey wait for them. Each person will not pay more than 1,800. Bunch of jokers and colorado smokers. angry

I pity u and ur neighbors grin
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by deboski6: 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
IK Electric is the worst, since August last year I have been paying for darkness In ikorodu, they keep increasing the bill. I applied for prepaid, they refused to bill me for either single phase or there phase because of the there estimated billing,and the funny thing is am yet to fully park into the house. They are scammers.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Lighthammer(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
my own bill was increased o,they brough 9 k as againrt 5 k las month
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by mechanics(m): 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good news.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by umarsule885(m): 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
Ours was an increase o, january was #15667.87 to #19462.88 for February, a mini flat for that matter in Oshod iunder IKEDC the whole of last 9 days was totally blackout. I'll use all my options to tell NERC about this disobedient and fraud.

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Kulas: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
What is good news about this when for a month now light dropped drastically that even in 4 days you cant see light and when it comes it won't last even an hour. This is just simply a case of no problem,we will cut down the charges but we will show consumers the meaning of blackout. For me its a worse case
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Ajokeade17: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mine increased by ikedc. From 7k plus to almost 12k and this month now 13k plus. SMH.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Vicilo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
Ours was an increase o, january was #15667.87 to #19462.88 for February, a mini flat for that matter in Oshod iunder IKEDC the whole of last 9 days was totally blackout. I'll use all my options to tell NERC about this disobedient and fraud.

Mine too, just got 17500 while last month was 17k IKEDC is d worst DC in naija
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Talknochip(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
JEDC still dey rebooth their billing computers. SMH

I was in that NERC meeting. i even drank their smoov coke whatever and ate one fried rice like that.

There was a heated argument during that meeting abt the rationale behind d estimated billings, power supply & metering. And the situation was brought under calm by one of their senior manager who told us to reject any estimated bill that may be handed to us after that meeting.

And today, i Was telling their marketer who brought us bill abt the stop to estimated billing. but he was ignorantly arguing that there was no time such meeting was held.

I was like, dis one dey ok so?

Will mobilise some of our area people during the week to go shake them for their office.

Nonsense & system collapse

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by dfrost: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
sleeknaija:

I pity u and ur neighbors grin

Nothing dey happen. cheesy grin
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by crestdevelopers: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
I'm in Abuja, we were formally charged around' 45 - 50 thousand Naira for the whole compound but just got news that it was slashed to 6,000 Naira

But the problem now is, they only bring the light when the feel like and e no dey pass 4 hours in a whole 24 hours!

God will continue to punish those people that have choose to perpetrate such wickedness on Nigerians

They will never know peace until they finally go and join their ancestors.

5 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Izanghi(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
macfaded:
mafoluku?
yea, Adesanya street to be precise, currently our light is very low, even Nokia phones torchlight is brighter than it, after they repaired it yesterday.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by suco01(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
Mine increase ni oo. this ikedc are joking until I decide not to use light again because this thing started from 8k around June 2019 now almost 20k by Feb 2020

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by lmm4real: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:

Ikedc is the biggest yahoo of them all, every one there needs to be arrested. undecided

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Lawmak: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
We have to start posting our bill on Facebook and other social media handles

3 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Perfecttouchade: 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
seemegold:

IKEDC not reducing at all 8000naira bill this morning. am so disappointed
IKEDC's matter dey God hand, those people are really milking people with their crazy bill... I've sent mails and even spoke with the marketer in charge of parent's NEPA bill, they kept frustrating us with huge charges and my old folks don't use electronics like that..most of the time my dad is not always home and my mum(aged) is not even interested in anything that consumes light either she watches African magic Yoruba and that's once in a while( a led tv for that matter and just her fan), every bulbs in the house are just energy saving bulbs and I just feel like where is the consumption coming from when these people keep bringing 16+ 18+ at times.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by fishbone11(m): 10:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
My case is different as this is the first time I'm over billed in my life. My house font have meter and I've been given estimated bill of #8k every month for over 5years now, only for me to see a bill of #11k+ today. I thought they said house without meter shouldn't have more than #1,800 per month. Why is my bill on the rise?

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Kylekent59: 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Last month, NERC released a communique directing the distribution companies to start charging unmetred customers fixed amount of bill depending on the phase type they're in. For residential, they're to be charged ₦1,800, etc.
Last month, we were billed nearly ₦17,000,but surprisingly, this morning they brought a bill of just ₦3,656 (VAT inclusive). My neighbor received just ₦1,800 as against ₦8000 they used to receive.

This has to be one of the best news this year, because these guys have been committing daylight robbery on unmetred customers. They deliberately refuse to give you meter and then turn around to bill you crazily whether you only have a TV in your house or not.

Thumbs up to the present minister of power and NERC!
https://www.nairaland.com/5707221/nerc-bars-discos-billing-unmetered

They are afraid of going to hell: since there is COVID_19.

Everybody is just repenting and amending their ways.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by suco01(m): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
Let's start posting our bills on twitter, Facebook etc and tag @NERCNG @IkejaElectric and other discos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by macfaded(m): 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
Izanghi:
yea, Adesanya street to be precise, currently our light is very low, even Nokia phones torchlight is brighter than it, after they repaired it yesterday.
lol I stay at alh bello

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Sarah Luka 2nd Chibokgirl Rescued / Akin Alabi's Tweet About SEGUN AWOSANYA Segalink, That Put Him In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.