Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods (26273 Views)

2023 Election: Avoid The Mistake Of 2015 – Prophet Olorunleke Advises Nigerians / Davido Advises Nigerians On What To Do On Election Day / Thirty Nine Parties To Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Sunofgod(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Tuesday advised Nigerians to adopt alternative payment methods like electronic transfers to avoid the spread of Coronavirus. The CBN Director of Corporate Communications, Mr Isaac Okoroafor, gave the advice in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

He said one of the ways people could contact the disease was by touching a surface or object that had the virus and then touching one’s mouth, nose or possibly the eyes. “In times like this, it is advisable for Nigerians to adopt alternative payment methods such as electronic transfers, internet banking, USSD, etc, to avoid the disease – Covid-19.

“The Naira note is one surface that people touch every day. It will be wise for us to wash hands after handling money, especially if you are eating or touching food,” he said. Okoroafor said these alternative payment methods with the benefits, were well developed and worked well. He said: ”Its efficiency has minimised liquidity, settlement, systemic credit and operational risks which were inherent in financial transactions. “It is secured, reliable, accessible, prompt and cost effective to meet all users’ needs. Nigerians should use it.’’

The CBN director reiterated the need for Nigerians to handle the Naira with care and pride, describing it as a symbol of our identity and value. He warned Nigerians against stepping on, squeezing, defacing or staining the naira notes. Okoroafor also warned that it should not be sold or counterfeited
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/coronavirus-cbn-advises-nigerians-to-adopt-alternative-payment-methods/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Sunofgod(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
Utter bullshhit...

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Inkling(f): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Righteousness89(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Have Mercy on US LORD JESUS ...

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Citytrend: 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
And what about Micro Businesses like the woman selling Akara down the road, and the people in Rural communities? Especially the uneducated. Because money travel Miles. Which really shows how much we think and care about them

Must our Socalled Leaders always demonstrate their incompetence at all time?

All these dudes could care about is how to generate more money via electronics transfer TAXS and VATS, As if they have anything to show for the ones they've collected

Abeg joo, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. Also do Fully Ready Website. See my info below to Chat me

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 11, 2020
Sunofgod:

The CBN director reiterated the need for Nigerians to handle the Naira with care and pride, describing it as a symbol of our identity and value. He warned Nigerians against stepping on, squeezing, defacing or staining the naira notes. Okoroafor also warned that it should not be sold or counterfeited

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/coronavirus-cbn-advises-nigerians-to-adopt-alternative-payment-methods/

Buhari keeps making bad economic policy and yet he's expecting people to value naira?.. Make we dey see na...

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by jacquincy: 5:08am On Mar 11, 2020
The earth is tired

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Sheuns(m): 5:09am On Mar 11, 2020
Which other method? Abi conductor or pure water seller go collect transfer ni?

32 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Oblitz(m): 5:10am On Mar 11, 2020
Chai!
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by ayusco85(m): 5:12am On Mar 11, 2020
I can't wait to see the end of this useless virus that has caused the world havoc almost the same havoc caused by world war 2.

Pls do and go like your brother SARS

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 11, 2020
After placing all kinds of fees and taxes on alternative payment methods, we are now advised to "adopt" them.

We have heard.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by ursullalinda(f): 5:15am On Mar 11, 2020
So you will use vat and finish us off.....you are not serious.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by kayusely70(m): 5:17am On Mar 11, 2020
ATM machines are more deadly

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by easyfem(m): 5:19am On Mar 11, 2020
i can put my foot down on diz ............ diz disease no dey blacks country ......... we are cover with d blood of JESUS ....... the only disease we av now is corruption and its killing than corona virus ........... is the world INSANE ?

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Sam3263: 5:20am On Mar 11, 2020
If you applied for inec recruitment and you need the study material.
I have compiled the comprehensive materials for you.
Kindly get it on whatsapp.
Message me on
Zero seven zero eight six two six eight five three seven
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by egopersonified(f): 5:21am On Mar 11, 2020
hand gloves, cos you can't transfer N200 for a bus fare and I read condoms are sold out in some countries as people use they as finger gloves, if it can prevent STDs, it can prevent corona.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by yanabasee(m): 5:21am On Mar 11, 2020
They CBN should reduce charges on POS and other online transactions o enable the masses use other payment methods....

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by oluwaSavage: 5:22am On Mar 11, 2020
yinmu for you. VAT is 7.5 o

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by mildflame: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2020
So majority of our people residing in rural setting how will they do?
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by FreebiesGRAM: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 11, 2020
So u re telling me to go electronic with our good internet network okwuaya is alright. I enter my danfo for lasgidi wen be #100 u ex o! pect me to pay through elect, CBN go and sit down. Instead of the FG to do needful by banning all international flight and close the border permanently for now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by bigtt76(f): 5:42am On Mar 11, 2020
This is where mobile money would have come in handy but the CBN killed it from the outset.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 11, 2020
Instead of you people shud distribute old money, u r busy talking abt online payment.

Shey na person wey no get money want do online transactions.

Pls Guys, where is my man, ?

Manna where are you na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Kendumazy(m): 5:59am On Mar 11, 2020
OK naww
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by marztar(m): 6:09am On Mar 11, 2020
Ode, will I transfer money to conductor ni?
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by 9jayes: 6:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Make I transfer #100 to bus conductor make bank comot #52 charge plus anoda #50 VAT on top the #100 bah?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by TallPck1(m): 6:16am On Mar 11, 2020
The best option for now is to wear a hand glove.
Re: Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2020
So basically, those in rural areas shouldn't make any business transactions because they probably don't know how to make use of these other payment options. While coming from a good angle, it's sheer bullocks, as usual. Not taking into consideration other factors.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah: Tinubu-Shettima Ticket Is Unacceptable, We Are Waiting / Senate To Announce President Tinubu's Ministerial List On Wednesday / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Barack Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.