Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (19436 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dinggle: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2010
She thought she was cheating you, not knowing she was cheating her self. You cant lie to nature Doooooooooooor! send her packing!, because beneath that small like there are stinking lies you dont want her to confess about! her confessions on other lies will turn you to a monster.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
abi. let her go jooooooo!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
harakiri:

@faraday62. . . You alone must take a decision that suits you coz u alone know where d shoe hurts. Women are exceptionally good in crafting humungous lies and cover ups and WILL NEVER tell u until something uncovers it in the future and even then, she won't tell you the whole truth. What she will say is "i did it because i love you" and numb skull family members and friends will echo what some posters here have said e.g "remember your sacred vows of 4 beta,4 worse. E don happen. Manage d bad market like dat". IS DAT LIFE? Make your choice.

Correct yarn!!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Busybody2(f): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
Deception and betrayal, hmmm, yes you definitely know she would not have confessed if not for the baby issue, but no one put a gun to her head so she didn't even have to confess in the first instance. . . Anyway kindly try find it in your heart to forgive her as she must be in a low place by now emotionally.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by MMM2(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2010
9ija girls and lies all the time 2 bad.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Hopejoy: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2010
BusyBody, i feel and share the same with you. She willingly confessed, you wouldnt have known if she didnt tell you.
Most men out there are just saying things to suit themselves. In reality, how many lies have you told to your wife, your employee and others in as regards age? What makes you safe and sure of that girl you are currently dating or even the one you are living under the same roof with regarding those kids you actually call yours.

Her wife committed a grevious offence, accepted BUT just becos she confessed, if she did not and all went well, am sure poster would have been on the other side of table of 'Send her packing joooo'.

Faraday forget all negative comments being posted, you are actually the one to decide, look, so many men out there are in bigger shits than this, either known or unknown to them. So unite and love your wife cos i know age is actually no barrier to a peaceful marriage.

Have you ever thot of getting a younger girl, who comes to cheat on you and give you kids, that are not really urs? BE WISE.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
///
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Mekiko: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2010
the thing is are people truely interested in loving people for who they are?nowadays you see a lot of people living false lives cause it's as though that's what appeals to the society.sadly we have lost our values for respect and truth being the basic ingredients in relationships.

sad as it may be that your spouse lied to you which i sincerely do not condone.you should not capitalize on her lies and even suggest a seperation or conceive it in your mind.whatever happened to forgiveness?i know it may not be easy to forget but you should forgive your wife and work on other alternatives to conceiving.that she's 36yrs doesn't mean she will not conceive afterall none of you occupy the position of God.And mind you age is nothing but numbers.

For the trust that has been broken,i know it will take a while to get it back but nothing is beyond salvage if you put your mind to it.

And on your looking at younger girls, please do not even use your present situation as an excuse. Don't try to justify your actions by what your wife has done.You need no advice cause as far as i can see you've already decided on what it is you want to do.
That being said there is absolutely no excuse for why you should at any point in time cheat on your wife and try to justify it by some flimsy excuse.
Get your act together,salvage your marraige and concentrate on making your marraige work.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2010
Making your marriage work with your aunty?

So if the guy told a lie about his sexuality before they got married, After they got married the girl found out that he is impotent what advice would you give in such scenario
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by ifyalways(f): 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Making your marriage work with your aunty?

So if the guy told a lie about his sexuality before they got married, After they got married the girl found out that he is impotent what advice would you give in such scenario
chei,meanie cheesy
@Topic,Guy if u know deep down that u cant forgive or get over it,do whatever seems right and suits u best.
We all take decisions and actions(plus non-actions) and live to see,carry and bear the consequences.Shes facing hers now . . .before u hastily make ur own decision,take a moment to think abt the long-term effect . . .can u deal with it in future?u sure there wont be regrets morrow?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
It would be like Aunty can you bring my food, Aunty can we change style to dog-gy?, Aunty can you give me Beejay.

If na Yoruba you know you address elderly people differently. "E jo" "E" must always come before any statement
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by denzel2009: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2010
dayokanu:

It would be like Aunty can you bring my food, Aunty can we change style to dog-gy?, Aunty can you give me fluting.

If na Yoruba you know you address elderly people differently. "E jo" "E" must always come before any statement
You keep saying it as if its abomination. You sha want the poster to get her out by force so that that he can join your single ashewo community tongue

Let him decide what he wants jare and he doesn't need to tell us his decision.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
Yes oooo

Many young women plenty outside instead of the old mama youngie wey he dey with
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
how would you feel anytime your bleeping her and you remember 'hey i'm riding an a.s.s older than mine!' think about that  grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2010
///
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by mydark: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2010
Hello faraday62 ,
Its a pity things turned out that way .However u should ask urself this question. why did u go into the marriage? did u go in 4 love or did u go in for baby making? or did u go in 4 both? if u went in 4 love then u both can go 4 adoption.If however, u went into it 4 baby making then u should have allowed her 2 get pragnant b/4 going 2 the alter.
However all hope is not lost. since she lied about her age ,no body can call u wicked for any action u take. ços its ur life.but b/4 u think of another woman ,ask ur self this question: is she a perfect woman? is baby making the only issue u have with ur wife? if baby making is the only issue then u can go for IVR it is now available in Nigeria.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
chaircover:

George and Dayo, stop putting ideas into this young mans head jare angry.

If his story is true & he is trying to make a decision, then your comments aren't helping.

. . . . as if most of you know how many shades darker skinned that yellow pawpaw that is freaking you out was born with or the real length of your babes hair is, or what the correct number of ex-boyfriends is & thank God for Body magic etc. . . . . abeg Go and sit down jor, make we hear word jare tongue grin

Some of you are being lied to 24 hours a day for life.

If you discover that Mr Chaircover is actually 4 yrs younger than you instead of 4yrs older that you have believed all the while.

Not many Naija women would dig moaning under their youngest brothers mate you know, Same goes for guys unless na paid Gigolo
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by oyinda3(f): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2010
dayokanu:

If you discover that Mr Chaircover is actually 4 yrs younger than you instead of 4yrs older that you have believed all the while.

Not many Naija women would dig moaning under their youngest brothers mate you know, Same goes for guys unless na paid Gigolo

I don't know chaircover's taste but there are many women who won't mind being 4yrs older than their husband.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by oyinda3(f): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
@poster
If i were to advice you as a brother.
Lies about age is not enough reason why you should opt for divorce.
I can only implore you to examine her closely and see if you will discover something else about her, most especially about her past.
Sometimes, ladies cook up stories when they are running out of time.
36 is not bad if her past is OK and her body is still intact. And also, when there is money. Cos money answers all things
Brother, there are so much worse things ladies could do than this, weigh her in terms of her goods and bads. so accept her and continue life.
Let her know you hate lies and you wouldn't tolerate any more lies again.
She will get pregnant and give you babies soon. Infact, anxiety about getting pregnant can delay her conception. You guys should just relax and have fun.
, it is well with you and your family in Jesus name

best post so far.
OP is very shallow. wife lying about her age is not reason for divorce. but if this revelation will continue to give him nightmares for the rest of his life, then I will advice him to get a divorce. for him and his wife's sake.
but he should make sure to check new wife's birth certificate. lhahahah
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Hopejoy: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2010
I just wonder why Dayo and George are bringing these kind of ideas. I wont be mistaking if they are under aged (less dn 18yrs). Otherwise they wont be posting these on nairaland. Do they actually know that Omnipresent God is watching, be careful guys. angry
Faraday, like earlier posted, be focused, look on her strenghts and help her weaknesses. Am sure there are other better sides of her aside the age difference.

Its rather too early to start complaining, infact its being a major reason for increased infertility rate in Nigeria. People want to get in today and become pregnant that same night, at the end, high expectancy now makes them nervous and difficult for the desired conception to take place.

Marriage and sex should be enjoyed with no string attached, baby will come when God desires, afterall nobody goes into his wife knowing the particular day conception will occur, its just trial and error, i mean that is why he is God.

I know very well of a girl who got married at the age of 27, had 1st baby on 14th dec'10 after 11yrs of waiting(at 38yrs). So relax and enjoy ur wife and let God do his part. Dont run faster than God and never mind Dayo and George, for your good. All the best.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2010
Hopejoy:

I just wonder why Dayo and George are bringing these kind of ideas. I wont be mistaking if they are under aged (less dn 18yrs). Otherwise they wont be posting these on nairaland. Do they actually know that Omnipresent God is watching, be careful guys. angry
Faraday, like earlier posted, be focused, look on her strenghts and help her weaknesses. Am sure there are other better sides of her aside the age difference.

Its rather too early to start complaining, infact its being a major reason for increased infertility rate in Nigeria. People want to get in today and become pregnant that same night, at the end, high expectancy now makes them nervous and difficult for the desired conception to take place.

Marriage and sex should be enjoyed with no string attached, baby will come when God desires, afterall nobody goes into his wife knowing the particular day conception will occur, its just trial and error, i mean that is why he is God.

I know very well of a girl who got married at the age of 27, had 1st baby on 14th dec'10 after 11yrs of waiting(at 38yrs). So relax and enjoy your wife and let God do his part. Dont run faster than God and never mind Dayo and George, for your good. All the best.

I would be 18yrs in 2 yrs time actually.

Do you enjoy dating the mate of your youngest brother?

The woman conned the man into marriage is the point. If you get married and discover that your husband you married lied about his sexuality and he is GAY/Bisexual or even sterile. I bet you would wait on the Lord and stay in the marriage
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
///
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
I am trying my best to irritate you until you give me what I asked for.

Every topic., I would ensure I disagree with you until. . .
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2011
ah, i see dayo and chaircover have something going in btw! make una dey do am small, small oooooo! wink

chaircover better give dayo that tin he's asking for oooooo! afterall it will only be for 5mins. he wont last beyond dat, i promise! grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2011
///
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
chaircover,
is it not possible a woman's biggest enemy could be herself? grin

i only asked you to give dayo what he was asking so you can rest. or was that not a good
advice? and like you said, its just 2 days into 2011. too early to start reading too much meaning
into what don't exist! bottom line: don't get it twisted! grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Dfirstlady(f): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
mister, u didn't love dat woman. u loved her age. u lovd d fact dt u had a younger woman 4 a wife(or so u thot). if u lovd her trulu, yes, u'd be deeply hurt sat she lied,bt her age would not be an issue. D issue would be dat she betrayed ur trust
u're already in d market 4 university babes, shame on u! whoeva d hell u are

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^ Love definitely stands on something, In most cases I am yet to see a banker woman loving a carpenter or mechanic in the village. Love is very calculative and dey shine eyes

Quick question:

If you find out the man you love is a ritualist or serial killer, What happens to the love?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by roymary: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^^

Don't mind Dfirstlady; its okay for her to lie about her age but its not okay for guys to have their own flaws. Women are so full of demands and they put lil on the table.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
Dfirstlady:

mister, u didn't love dat woman. u loved her age. u lovd d fact dt u had a younger woman 4 a wife(or so u thot). if u lovd her trulu, yes, u'd be deeply hurt sat she lied,bt her age would not be an issue. D issue would be dat she betrayed your trust
u're already in d market 4 university babes, shame on u! whoeva d hell u are

firstlady, pls take it easy, ok?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by sms4health: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
Everybody has made some valid points to varying extents.

@poster, there are many aspects to this situation and the outcome depends on what you want for yourself.

First of all, lying about age is not terrible, trust me, there are much worse things than that.

In your marriage, has she been everything you expect from a wife? If so, that is what should count NOW.

You might be thinking her age has affected your chances of conceiving but what if you are shooting blanks? Infertility in a marriage is 50:50.

Working at something is more fulfilling and rewarding than giving up easily, trust me.

Good luck
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by queensmith: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
You should be more angry with the fact that she lied rather than the fact that she is older than you- you still loved her right? She still made a good wife didnt she? goes to prove age is nothing and with your reaction to her being older im not too surprised that she lied.

With regards to her conceiving, she can still very much conceive at that age provided there is no underlying issue- it might take a little longer but its not impossible. And if there is an underlying issue you most likely will have had the same problem even if she was 2 years younger.

Going to pick up 'younger girls' is never a solution, whatever gave you the idea a younger girl will make a good wife? of course she will be more fertile but is that all that constitutes a marriage?

If you feel the lie is beyond what you can forgive I will totally understand if you decide to end the marriage, deceit is never a way to start a marriage and I feel it rather wicked that your wife could have kept that from you. Imagine there might be other important things she's lying about!
but if not you guys should talk, give her the chance to reveal any other secrets she might have and consider other options for family planning

good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Rules For The Digital Age / @zion_kitchen_appliances Home Of Kitchen Appliances / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.