Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (923927 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by PrinceFola(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
alopo4real:
Reps ask Civil Defence, Immigration to cancel ongoing recruitment over use of computer test https://dailypost.ng/2020/12/16/reps-ask-civil-defence-immigration-to-cancel-ongoing-recruitment-over-use-of-computer-test/
Abi aye man ye fe baje ni? Maybe their so called candidate couldn't handled the computer during the exam ���.. very desperate and wicked leaders everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by mimick(m): 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWS

Reps ask Civil Defence, Immigration to cancel ongoing recruitment over use of computer test

Published

on

December 16, 2020

The House of Representatives on Wednesday directed the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, and the Nigerian Immigration to suspend or cancel the Computer Base Test (CBT) used in the ongoing recruitment.

The House directed the two security outfits to conduct another test using the manual process.

The resolution was a sequel to a motion moved by member, Hafiz Kawu.

Kawu argued in his motion that most Nigerians are not computer literate, therefore, the test was discriminatory against some people.

He said that the agencies should instead use the normal handwritten test, instead of the ongoing collaboration with Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Kawu explained that “95 per cent of Nigerians are not computer literate. JAMB did not consider those who are not computer literate. They did not provide an alternative for those who are not computer literate, therefore, not providing a level playing field for all.”

Speaking against the motion, Ibrahim Olanrewaju said that anyone with a Secondary School Certificate which is the minimum qualification should be able to pass the CBT test.

“If the requirement is SSCE, one would expect such a candidate to be able to participate. We should not be looking back. We should be encouraging even mechanics to have basic knowledge of computers.”

Speaking in support of the motion, Abdulrasak Namdas said he has been getting complaints from his constituents on the CBT exams. He added that for the paramilitary, “the emphasis is on physical fitness, not test.”

The House Committees Interior and Federal Character were mandated to monitor the recruitment and report to the House in 6 weeks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nteogwuija(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2020
alopo4real:
Reps ask Civil Defence, Immigration to cancel ongoing recruitment over use of computer test https://dailypost.ng/2020/12/16/reps-ask-civil-defence-immigration-to-cancel-ongoing-recruitment-over-use-of-computer-test/

Disgusting to hear this coming from a 21st century Rep.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by elantraceey(f): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
mimick:
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWS

Reps ask Civil Defence, Immigration to cancel ongoing recruitment over use of computer test

Published

on

December 16, 2020

The House of Representatives on Wednesday directed the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, and the Nigerian Immigration to suspend or cancel the Computer Base Test (CBT) used in the ongoing recruitment.

The House directed the two security outfits to conduct another test using the manual process.

Kawu argued in his motion that most Nigerians are not computer literate, therefore, the test was discriminatory against some people.

He said that the agencies should instead use the normal handwritten test, instead of the ongoing collaboration with Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Kawu explained that “95 per cent of Nigerians are not computer literate. JAMB did not consider those who are not computer literate. They did not provide an alternative for those who are not computer literate, therefore, not providing a level playing field for all.”

Speaking against the motion, Ibrahim Olanrewaju said that anyone with a Secondary School Certificate which is the minimum qualification should be able to pass the CBT test.

“If the requirement is SSCE, one would expect such a candidate to be able to participate. We should not be looking back. We should be encouraging even mechanics to have basic knowledge of computers.”

Speaking in support of the motion, Abdulrasak Namdas said he has been getting complaints from his constituents on the CBT exams. He added that for the paramilitary, “the emphasis is on physical fitness, not test.”

The House Committees Interior and Federal Character were mandated to monitor the recruitment and report to the House in 6 weeks

95% of Nigerians are not literate? Imagine the kind of people we have in power.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by PrinceFola(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Abi make we tell *Anonymous* to get his phone number for us Make we wish him merry Christmas and happy new year in advance�����

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by KBConfident: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
People should have storm his twitter page, tag him and blast him father head. May be 95% of his constituency are not computer literate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nteogwuija(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
mimick:
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWS

Published

on

December 16, 2020

Man should be queried for misinformation. Where did he get that 95% from, when Nigeria is placed 6th on the global ranking of most Internet users?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by ijelu(m): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
This man has serious problems o... Did military not conduct CBT ??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by nuradeen011(m): 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
we must stand up and fight for our right this people are very wicked, they just want to smuggle their candidates we have to trend this barbaric act on Twitter and speak up for the truth to prevail

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by PrinceFola(m): 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
Let us all go to his Twitter page.....

#sayNoToCancellationOfOurNIS&NSCDCCBTtest

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by alopo4real(m): 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
It was clearly stated in the advert that interested applicant must be "computer literate"...

The academic qualifications of this particular Rep and his cohorts are quite questionable for their inability to interpret clearly written "simple and correct English".

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Anitame(f): 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
rahdam01:
They will release the list by weekend.

��
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by AdaugoChisom(f): 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

3. Some of you that didn't participate in the exam but have Godfather, you people are doing well. You guys are the reasons why the list is been delayed.

I said it ....Those Reps really mean it but they can't do anything because NIS followed lay down procedures to avoid 2016 from repeating itself.
CBAT was Reps suggestion....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ekenem123: 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
tongue embarassed[/s][s][b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
AdaugoChisom:
The guy just dey feed me with info....let me feed you people too..

1. Date of Birth
Make sure your date of birth on the following documents are the same.
FSLC, WAEC, NYSC cert, NIN slip, Certificate of birth.
2. Name: if your name on your various documents differs please back it up with Affidavit.
3. Some of you that didn't participate in the exam but have Godfather, you people are doing well. You guys are the reasons why the list is been delayed.
4. Reserve #200 to buy TheNation
5. Stop taking alcohol until after the screening
6. Work on your BMI. try eat akpo that day to gain weight or stop eating now to lose weight.
7. Face mask may disqualify some
8. If you have criminal record, please don't go that day.
9. Pot belle, big breast, excessive muscle, Excessive bear, inability to read out loud can disqualify applicant.
10. Make sure you don't present fake medical report FMC - all federal Medical Centers are linked to them through NMA portal.
11. Smile that day ooooo e get why.

Pls my friend completed 30yrs in December 2 this year. He was not up to 30yrs as at when he applied.. while they disqualify him because is more than 30yrs now
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Stavross(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
lonikit:

thank you for this. i am currently reading 18.4 which is underweight. i will start working on it.
What did you use to determine it? An app?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by HarunaWest(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

Drive your judgement using this info.
Me I am overweight... Infact my BMI is 30..Am not fat,buh muscular
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by lonikit: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
Stavross:
What did you use to determine it? An app?

your weight divided by your height ²
e.g if you weigh 60kg and your height is 1.70m , it will be 60÷1.70m²
60÷2.89 =20.76

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ekenem123: 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Pls my friend completed 30yrs in December 2 this year. He was not up to 30yrs as at when he applied.. while they disqualify him because is more than 30yrs now?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mightymanna(m): 9:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
The guy just dey feed me with info....let me feed you people too..

1. Date of Birth
Make sure your date of birth on the following documents are the same.
FSLC, WAEC, NYSC cert, NIN slip, Certificate of birth.
2. Name: if your name on your various documents differs please back it up with Affidavit.
4. Reserve #200 to buy TheNation
5. Stop taking alcohol until after the screening
6. Work on your BMI. try eat akpo that day to gain weight or stop eating now to lose weight.
7. Face mask may disqualify some
8. If you have criminal record, please don't go that day.
9. Pot belle, big breast, excessive muscle, Excessive bear, inability to read out loud can disqualify applicant.
10. Make sure you don't present fake medical report FMC - all federal Medical Centers are linked to them through NMA portal.
11. Smile that day ooooo e get why.

I have diabetes, if I can present medical cert can I scale through?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by lonikit: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ekenem123:
Pls my friend completed 30yrs in December 2 this year. He was not up to 30yrs as at when he applied.. while they disqualify him because is more than 30yrs now?

he wasn't disqualify on the basis of age. I know somebody that is more than 30yrs and was shortlisted. and i know a lady that is 27yrs but was not shortlisted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Epistasis(m): 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
lonikit:

he wasn't disqualify on the basis of age. I know somebody that is more than 30yrs and was shortlisted. and i know a lady that is 27yrs but was not shortlisted

Life no balance!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by kaykaylevel: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

I said it ....Those Reps really mean it but they can't do anything because NIS followed lay down procedures to avoid 2016 from repeating itself.

hope the recruitment won't be suspended or cancel. Are they still going to shortlist this year?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
I know of 2 people with sure connect that already have assurance on the job but they weren't shortlisted for the test. There link told them to go and sit down and forget about test cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
Kaeboy:
I know of 2 people with sure connect that already have assurance on the job but they weren't shortlisted for the test. There link told them to go and sit down and forget about test cheesy.
In as much as they have assurance they shouldn't put much hope. They can get disappointed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by lastjudge: 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
It has always been like this.. Nigeria reps are the major part of the problem now. No conscience, everything must favour them, if not' it won't exist.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by lastjudge: 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Can we kindly move to Twitter and shake them small with our own motion and tags

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

THOSE SENATORS AND REPS CAN DO A LOT

You see, I decided to keep mum to questions directed to me on when exactly the shortlisted names will be out because I don't want to sound pessimistic. I told people who picked my line on Nairaland and called me a couple of days ago on the same matter that EVEN THE CGI himself doesn't know the exact day to release the list if at all it is ready on his table. I can't help saying that the list is NOT visible this year. A lot of administrative bottlenecks exist at the Board just like every other government establishments. So, proper consultations must be made and slots given to those who deserve them

Back to Reps and Senators brohaha. Of course, they are there to speak for their constituents. I am confident that the said Hon. Member didn't only speak for himself but minds of his many colleagues who share same sentiments. They must have asked him to first raise it and they begin to coin words to support the motion. In every recruitment, there must be actions/accusations, reactions and counter-reactions from different corners. They are actually not after cancelation of recruitment exercise for they don't have such powers, only MR PRESIDENT could do so. Their main intention is just to corner as many slots as possible. This is Immigration job, the most sought-after and juiciest among the four Services under Interior Ministry. Making such unnecessary noice will send a signal to CGl, the Board and Interior Ministry at large to play good cards for negotiation. Honourable Members and Distinguished Senators are elected and powerful Nigeria officials whose functions go beyond oversight functions alone.

Take note: we claim to practice democracy (fake or real) in Nigeria and with that assumption, Political Class decide for KHAKI WEARERS on many activities, no matter the rank. It is you that will use your head, play along and negotiate well so as to keep your seat. That has been the trend and any attempt to dare change the status quo will be met by restraints. You ll understand better when you come on board.

To those expecting APL collection and IPPIS capturing in this next stage of the exercise, it Is not so. The next stage you long for is about examining you physically and medically and most importantly collecting copies of your credentials in a file. It is that file that ll go back to the Board which eventually determine the rank you ll be given after another careful examination of what you have there-in. After all APLs are duly signed by the PS, another consultations with Account General's Office on the need to capture the successful ones on IPPIS platform. ALL THESE WILL TAKE TIME.

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Jimhopewell228: 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ekenem123:
tongue embarassed[/s][s][b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
Are you sure about being disqualified for more than 30yrs, when i applied i was not up to 30yrs bt became more than 30yrs and 5 months now and i was shortlisted. Could it be God's favor i think
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ekenem123: 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
Will you be screen or disqualified..or since you applied months before clocking 30yrs.. now that you are above 30yrs by Months.. are you still eligible?? Because they said 18 to 30yrs
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Thanks2God: 12:27am On Dec 17, 2020
*House of Reps Resolution on NCDSC/NIS recruitment*

Hon. Hafiz Kuwa motion was for total cancellation/suspension of the CBAT exam.
But the House *Amended/Declined* his prayer of cancellation of the exam. And resolved that the *recruitment process to be investigated and monitored By house committee on interior and Federal character* And report back their finding to the house in 6Weeks

If you doubt this, kindly go back to the Daily post links. The earlier newline has updated/Amended after HoR had reached a resolution
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 17, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

THOSE SENATORS AND REPS CAN DO A LOT

You see, I decided to keep mum to questions directed to me on when exactly the shortlisted names will be out because I don't want to sound pessimistic. I told people who picked my line on Nairaland and called me a couple of days ago on the same matter that EVEN THE CGI himself doesn't know the exact day to release the list if at all it is ready on his table. I can't help saying that the list is NOT visible this year. A lot of administrative bottlenecks exist at the Board just like every other government establishments. So, proper consultations must be made and slots given to those who deserve them

Back to Reps and Senators brohaha. Of course, they are there to speak for their constituents. I am confident that the said Hon. Member didn't only speak for himself but minds of his many colleagues who share same sentiments. They must have asked him to first raise it and they begin to coin words to support the motion. In every recruitment, there must be actions/accusations, reactions and counter-reactions from different corners. They are actually not after cancelation of recruitment exercise for they don't have such powers, only MR PRESIDENT could do so. Their main intention is just to corner as many slots as possible. This is Immigration job, the most sought-after and juiciest among the four Services under Interior Ministry. Making such unnecessary noice will send a signal to CGl, the Board and Interior Ministry at large to play good cards for negotiation. Honourable Members and Distinguished Senators are elected and powerful Nigeria officials whose functions go beyond oversight functions alone.

Take note: we claim to practice democracy (fake or real) in Nigeria and with that assumption, Political Class decide for KHAKI WEARERS no matter your rank on a number of activities. It is you that will use your head, play along, negotiable well and keep your seat. That has been the trend and any attempt to dare change the status quo will be met by restraints. You ll understand better when you come on board.

To those expecting APL collection and IPPIS capturing in this next stage of the exercise, it Is not so. The next stage you long for is about examining you physically and medically and most importantly collecting copies of your credentials in a file. It is that file that ll go back to the Board which eventually determine the rank you ll be given after another careful examination of what you have there-in. After all APLs are duly signed by the PS, another consultations with Account General's Office on the need to capture the successful ones on IPPIS platform. ALL THESE WILL TAKE TIME.
APLs sign by PS? You mean Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Interior? The last time I checked APL for conpass 08 and above are sign by the board secretary while conpass 07 and below are sign by the respective CG.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 12:45am On Dec 17, 2020
Paramilitary1:
APLs sign by PS? You mean Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Interior? The last time I checked APL for conpass 08 and above are sign by the board secretary while conpass 07 and below are sign by the respective CG.

I meant the Secretary to the CDCFIB Board

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.