Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (921355 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ina2k(m): 5:22pm On Aug 14, 2021
Mimijenipha:

When you're served with the same energy you dished out, it's called "reading meaning" cheesy

Leave me alone man, I dont know wat u want.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Tazdroid(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
iamoge
Ina2k
Mimijenipha

I can assure you that this space is meant for civility in arguments and disagreements.

Abusive language achieves nothing but create enmity and hatred. I believe none of you wants or needs that.

So please, settle your quarrel amicably. I come in peace

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
Tazdroid:
iamoge
Ina2k
Mimijenipha

I can assure you that this space is meant for civility in arguments and disagreements.

Abusive language achieves nothing but create enmity and hatred. I believe none of you wants or needs that.

So please, settle your quarrel amicably. I come in peace

Please read all my comments well, I believe we stand for the same thing, abi no be why dem call me defender of the defenseless?? cheesy I'm not in any quarrel with anyone, I'm sure you didn't see any 'abusive word' from my end. It's all peace here man!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by kakaflex(m): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
frank2zee:

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. I'm coming from the south-south, Portharcourt to be precise.
I think It won't be possible for me to go to the screening venue that same day bkos of time, would have to lodge somewer around Utako Park and then head for the screening nextday.

Please Just a quick one...

How many hours drive would it take from Utako to the immigration headquarters?

If you are coming from Port Harcourt, You will pass Immigration Headquarters before you get to Utako.

Just tell the Driver to drop you at Immigration Headquarters Sauka. No need of going to Utako, You can see an Hotel at Kuje

No need for Utako.

Anyone coming from South-South, South-East, South-West. You will pass Immigration Headquarters before you get to Utako. Immigration Headquarters is at Airport Road Abuja
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by frank2zee: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
kakaflex:

If you are coming from Port Harcourt, You will pass Immigration Headquarters before you get to Utako.

Just tell the Driver to drop you at Immigration Headquarters Sauka. No need of going to Utako, You can see an Hotel at Kuje

No need for Utako.

Anyone coming from South-South, South-East, South-West. You will pass Immigration Headquarters before you get to Utako. Immigration Headquarters is at Airport Road Abuja

Oh... That's good to hear.. thanks
Wat abt Sumone coming from makurdi?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by rhapboss(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
wow
9zcollins:
every hotel within lugbe, airport road are affordable... Less than 6k
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by rhapboss(m): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
didn't see that online
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by tunnamaniah(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2021
Bro, these two are miles apart, the scholarship is the best of the best option for a young man. The world is yours, take it.
rhapboss:
Someone got this NIS invitation (ASI) and also got a scholarship award for a masters in UK. Please which do you guys advice to drop/follow up on. Please drop comments with reasons. The person is at a cross road right now and needs to make decisions, and make them fast. Thank you for your comments, as I expect them to roll in.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Everygoodthing: 8:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Is anyone here going on monday Don't even know when it's starting undecided
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by BIGOB: 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
frank2zee:

Oh... That's good to hear.. thanks
Wat abt Sumone coming from makurdi?
He or she should go to benue links park opposite living faith Church at wurukum and take a bus to abuja. They'll take him to their park at area3. From there he can use bolt to the HQ. If he is spending the night before going to the office, he can get in contact with his colleagues here who are going to lodge at lugbe, and from there go to the HQ by morning. Bolt from area3 to lugbe should be around 1k (that's if he has promo). Hope this helps?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 15, 2021
sobba:
Here I am sir,

08108247981 please message me on Whatsapp. No calls please
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 15, 2021
jimfarayola:

I'm here
Please dm, 08108247981
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by frank2zee: 1:11am On Aug 15, 2021
BIGOB:

He or she should go to benue links park opposite living faith Church at wurukum and take a bus to abuja. They'll take him to their park at area3. From there he can use bolt to the HQ. If he is spending the night before going to the office, he can get in contact with his colleagues here who are going to lodge at lugbe, and from there go to the HQ by morning. Bolt from area3 to lugbe should be around 1k (that's if he has promo). Hope this helps?

Very helpful... Thanks boss
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by rulepax(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2021
Am coming from Ibadan and my documentation exercise is on 28th,you can add me to the WhatsApp group for more info
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Austinei7(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2021
Hello House... finding it difficult to open d site
Someone should help me check...
NIS/ASI-08/164149
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by toshino4real(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2021
Austinei7:
NIS/ASI-08/164149

Did you do the physical verification?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ina2k(m): 9:01am On Aug 15, 2021
Those travelling today against their screening schedule tomorrow should please remember to update us.
Safe journey to u all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Tazdroid(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2021
Austinei7:
NIS/ASI-08/164149

Sorry you didn't make it.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by legendEMT(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2021
Very important oh
kiss
Ina2k:
Those travelling today against their screening schedule tomorrow should please remember to update us.
Safe journey to u all
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ibnbabes4ol: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2021
rhapboss:
Someone got this NIS invitation (ASI) and also got a scholarship award for a masters in UK. Please which do you guys advice to drop/follow up on. Please drop comments with reasons. The person is at a cross road right now and needs to make decisions, and make them fast. Thank you for your comments, as I expect them to roll in.
Alot of people might think this is unreasonable but my candid advice is, Go the NIS job, while at it, if u have intention of migrating to Europe or America, the Job will give u more insights and allow u laxity to decide. The sad reality which most of us aren't privileged to see is that it's not all Eldorado abroad, the majority of people who go to study abroad don't actually make it to the headlines, with your NIS job it's easier for u to get established, successful and make headlines and even enjoy life wella. Its all about the individual not the Job, take that NIS job, look around we have many people who studied in Europe and America and are back here with no "dream job" and another factor to consider is, life in Europe isn't really what a typical African wants, culture, family,lifestyles Religion, anyways I don't know the kind of person u r and it's your shot to call but las Las my advice be , take that NIS job.

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by sobba(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2021
Well said @ ibnbabes4ol... @ rhapboss, In addition to what he said (pardon me, if I sound somehow) My first question or advice is "has the person prayed about it".
Majorly scholarship abroad always have this clause of "returning back to home country immediately after the program" the person should check if there is this clause... I know one of my class mate ; the best graduating student in my class then had a scholarship in the UK, he has come back to Nigeria and we are hustling together now for all this jobs. At least we have met in like 3 job exams.
I personally would have advised that u go if it were to be a PhD scholarship. Although everything depends on God.

Ibnbabes4ol:

Alot of people might think this is unreasonable but my candid advice is, Go the NIS job, while at it, if u have intention of migrating to Europe or America, the Job will give u more insights and allow u laxity to decide. The sad reality which most of us aren't privileged to see is that it's not all Eldorado abroad, the majority of people who go to study abroad don't actually make it to the headlines, with your NIS job it's easier for u to get established, successful and make headlines and even enjoy life wella. Its all about the individual not the Job, take that NIS job, look around we have many people who studied in Europe and America and are back here with no "dream job" and another factor to consider is, life in Europe isn't really what a typical African wants, culture, family,lifestyles Religion, anyways I don't know the kind of person u r and it's your shot to call but las Las my advice be , take that NIS job.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ina2k(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2021
Ina2k:
Safe journey to u all

Pls very important. Make una no forget, Our own preparedness depends on the feedback from you guys going tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by legendEMT(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2021
Well said. I can relate too. I hold a first class in biochemistry and I have admission at the moment to USA for masters, but I am taking this job because age wise I am ripe to settle down and secondly, this job can still give me such opportunities. Any scholarship that does not have a visible sustainable future overseas should be reconsidered.
Factor in age, job security, opportunity and make your choice wisely.
Ibnbabes4ol:

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2021
rhapboss:

Pls don't think about it, just go for NIS placement.

I just learnt about an opportunity for Nigerians working in govt organizations, it's actually in Japan for you to study and get stipends from the Japanese govt and it's open to graduate with 2:2 and above.

Though this person isn't in the paramilitary but he told me as far as there's study pass for you from your ministry the Japanese govt will allow you study from Msc to Ph.D,

He already finished his Ph.D 2019.
I just learnt about it yesterday.
So I came to share.

Just that you will need study permit from your NIS.

So take NIS placement and after confirmation seek the part and enjoy scholarship with swag.

Note that he actually traveled with his wife and he gave birth to 2 kids there in Japan.

The scholarship takes care of his stipends there enough to go round majority of his expenses, but during his PhD, the school gave him some Assistant positions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2021
legendEMT:
Well said. I can relate too. I hold a first class in biochemistry and I have admission at the moment to USA for masters, but I am taking this job because age wise I am ripe to settle down and secondly, this job can still give me such opportunities. Any scholarship that does not have a visible sustainable future overseas should be reconsidered.
Factor in age, job security, opportunity and make your choice wisely.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2021
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
RivuletStream:

Japan and UK are not the same in terms of opportunities for foreigners, social acceptance and integration.

The UK is just fine. He will not forfeit the NIS job. He will keep the NIS job and still go for the scholarship.

So you mean he should start his NIS career on falsehood, by the time he is due for a position someone will start bringing dirty past up to tarnish his innocent future?

Let's understand that telling him to take NIS and be in the UK to study without study permit has severe consequences if discovered in future be it even 25years later.

Either ways, I suggest he shouldn't start his career with some dirty ways.

I know people do it but I know of my uncle that got some punishment for such actions......

Let me explain, the 3 years of which he was away and he didn't get legit clearance. They said it was unjust absentee and he will refund 3years in salary from he's gratuity. The thing now is the 3 years was in the 90's but the rank and salary equivalent of present rate was deducted from his gratuity and it was about 4million from the gratuity.

Let me tell you how it came about, he was supposed to be a permanent secretary but others that was same set with him begin digging up past actions against him.

Learn and think twice.

Some petitions against most people today where actions from their past.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ibnbabes4ol: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2021
RivuletStream:

The NIS job is shit compared to the opportunities that will be opened to him in the UK and USA that is if he later move to the USA.

For God's sake why would one attempt to advise against the UK option. The only thing that should make him think twice before taking it is when there is a clause in the scholarship agreement that asked him to return after his MSc in UK. This clause comes with the option of repaying the scholarship sum if he violate the terms by taking a job in the UK. Me, I will gladly take a job in UK and repay their money gradually over a period of time.

I advise him earlier to do documentation and IPPIS capture, he will remain in the NIS job while studying in the UK. He will cleverly iron that out by himself. So that if there is reason for him to come back to Nigeria, he will still have his NIS job.

Getiing Jobs even in "the Abroad " isnt easy, some people abroad deeply wished they are working inn
Nigeria, yes our system is fuc*ed-up but Nigeria we curse can t bless us, he is opportune to get this NIS job, so he should take it and Donnie little to contribute to making things betters.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ayomititunde: 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
I heard engineering, accounting and architecture graduates will enter as ASI 1 and not 2, wearing two stars... who can confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Adez1: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
Ayomititunde:
I heard engineering, accounting and architecture graduates will enter as ASI 1 and not 2, wearing two stars... who can confirm this?
I only know of law and medicine graduates
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
Adez1:

I only know of law and medicine graduates

Law, Pharmacy, Medicine and MSc applicants are 2 stars � � across board, both in the Army

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Zacks43: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
Openpeace:

Law, Pharmacy, Medicine and MSc applicants are 2 stars � � across board, both in the Army

My friend studied chemical engineering and was given two star in FRSC where's he's colleagues that studied four years course were given one star. Although he said that the new rule implemented for professional courses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.