Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (921731 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2021
Zacks43:

My friend studied chemical engineering and was given two star in FRSC where's he's colleagues that studied four years course were given one star. Although he said that the new rule implemented for professional courses.

Confirm he must be a member of the Society of Engrs, yes true.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by rhapboss(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2021
hmmm... so many thoughts on the NIS/SCHOLARSHIP. Even more confusing
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
rhapboss:
hmmm... so many thoughts on the NIS/SCHOLARSHIP. Even more confusing
maybe you create another thread and quote the admins to help you forward it to front page for more contributions.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by GhostOfAPA: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Abeg you with God if your screening na tomorrow or this week, raise up your hand make we pray for you o...and make we dy look up to you for update tooo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Zacks43: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2021
Openpeace:

Confirm he must be a member of the Society of Engrs, yes true.

Nup he's not cus he's my close friend and we graduated together..
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ayomititunde: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
This validates what I heard then
Zacks43:

Nup he's not cus he's my close friend and we graduated together..
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Adez1: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2021
Ayomititunde:
This validates what I heard then
With B.eng, you must have COREN, b4 u will be considered for 2 star. You may not know if he had a COREN.
COREN- Council for the regulation of engineering in Nigeria
NOTE: Being a member of NSE (Nigeria Society of Engineers) is not enough to earn you such position as, NSE is not a professional certification, but a membership. The certification is COREN.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2021
Adez1:
With B.eng, you must have COREN, b4 u will be considered for 2 star. You may not know if he had a COREN.

I don't know about paramilitary but in the civil service, bachelor of engineering degree begin career on level 09. My coursemate who got a job in a govt agency in 2018 was given level 09. He has bachelor degree in engineering. As at the time he got the job he was NOT registered with COREN
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ayomititunde: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
I appreciate the efforts you put into this, albeit inaccurate.
I bet the whole thing sounds unbelievable, but your argument is flawed. It would only apply to one who is a studend or a graduate member of the NSE. This however, still does not invalidate my earlier statement. Thank you.
Adez1:
NOTE: Being a member of NSE (Nigeria Society of Engineers) is not enough to earn you such position as, NSE is not a professional certification, but a membership. The certification is COREN.
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
Adez1:
Thanks

Make God bless you abeg.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Zacks43: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2021
Adez1:
Thanks

Like i said he don't have any. Let not just argue on it
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Adez1: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2021
RivuletStream:

I don't know about paramilitary but in the civil service, bachelor of engineering degree begin career on level 09. My coursemate who got a job in a govt agency in 2018 was given level 09. He has bachelor degree in engineering. As at the time he got the job he was NOT registered with COREN
You are very correct bro. In civil service, a for year course is level 8, while an engineering graduate is level 9.
An engineering graduate with COREN is level 10.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ayomititunde: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
I came to this space to be sure; the person that told me is in the system and it does sound strange when I heard it like it does to some here. I wanted to raise an awareness, should anyone fall into such category here as well (Engineering, architecture and accounting). Obviously, any engineering graduate would know about NSE and COREN. I wish us all the best.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by rhapboss(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
sobba:
Well said @ ibnbabes4ol... @ rhapboss, In addition to what he said (pardon me, if I sound somehow) My first question or advice is "has the person prayed about it".
Majorly scholarship abroad always have this clause of "returning back to home country immediately after the program" the person should check if there is this clause... I know one of my class mate ; the best graduating student in my class then had a scholarship in the UK, he has come back to Nigeria and we are hustling together now for all this jobs. At least we have met in like 3 job exams.
I personally would have advised that u go if it were to be a PhD scholarship. Although everything depends on God.

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sportifier: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
someone with ICAN will be placed at level 09?

Ayomititunde:
I came to this space to be sure; the person that told me is in the system and it does sound strange when I heard it like it does to some here. I wanted to raise an awareness, should anyone fall into such category here as well (Engineering, architecture and accounting). Obviously, any engineering graduate would know about NSE and COREN. I wish us all the best.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Larry456: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
rhapboss:
Someone got this NIS invitation (ASI) and also got a scholarship award for a masters in UK. Please which do you guys advice to drop/follow up on. Please drop comments with reasons. The person is at a cross road right now and needs to make decisions, and make them fast. Thank you for your comments, as I expect them to roll in.

Bro pick the NIS job, even if you're not on scholarship, pick the job.

ASI issa commission officer, chances to become oga at the top is there.

You can earn money and decide to sponsor your education anywhere in the world depend on your prorities.

Abroad is good yea, what are the good things there that you can't go and enjoy if you go on vacations?

Being an NIS officer in your home country will make you live comfortably to some extent, no more harassment from police and the likes, you can't start dragging palliatives with hoodlums or live in slums.

And abroad, how loud is your voice if one racist police pin your head to the ground for looking black, who go hear you scream "I can't breath" and save you?

And if you feel/think no future in this country, use the job to fuel yourself and get a 2nd citizen for your kids.

For me I'll rather be a big fish in a small river, than a small fish in an ocean.
My little input. Cheers!!!

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Explicit02: 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
Larry456:

You can earn money and decide to sponsor your education anywhere in the world depend on your prorities.

Abroad is good yea, what are the good things there that you can't go and enjoy if you go on vacations?

Being an NIS officer in your home country will make you live comfortably to some extent, no more harassment from police and the likes, you can't start dragging palliatives with hoodlums or live in slums.

And abroad, how loud is your voice if one racist police pin your head to the ground for looking black, who go hear you scream "I can't breath" and save you?

And if you feel/think no future in this country, use the job to fuel yourself and get a 2nd citizen for your kids.

For me I'll rather be a big fish in a small river, than a small fish in an ocean.
funny but its d reality

......if d NIS appointment is (level8)bsc.. Take it u will be giving chance for ur MSC tho it may be granted without pay but ur job security is guaranteed
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Adez1: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2021
Larry456:

Great! What a nice write-up, but come to think of it, how much is this anticipated NIS pay sef that one would be comfortable with, especially in country where the currency is on constant devaluation. We are talking about maximum 150k as salary for B.sc.
You guys have nice opinions shaa, but left for me, na the scholarship ooh.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by BaEnki(m): 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Good evening guys, I've been following this thread as my brother is also among the finalists, and I'm happy for everyone that has made it this far, congratulations to you all!

Bar any last-minute village people wahala, you should already considered yourself an immigration officer.

As it's been noted by our bosses @ Dannyxy and Suppomoo, make sure you start the RIGHT preparations from now on, get all your relevant documents right with names and ages synching well.

That being said, I know you're coming from all over the country to Abuja, I want to use this medium to tell you that we will be providing transport and lodging services, a personal car will drive you to Sauka(NIS headquarters) from a hotel in Gwags where you'd be lodged. There will be multiple choices of hotels -cheap, mid, and expensive depending on your choice of taste, however, the transportation to and fro will be an already considered fixed amount.

Remember, as beautiful as Abuja is, there are countless cases of one chance drivers, to avoid stories that touch if you can't afford Uber/Bolt and, this is the best alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Biofash: 5:45am On Aug 16, 2021
Okay
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 5:48am On Aug 16, 2021
Adez1:

Great! What a nice write-up, but come to think of it, how much is this anticipated NIS pay sef that one would be comfortable with, especially in country where the currency is on constant devaluation. We are talking about maximum 150k as salary for B.sc.

How much is NIS salary... As ASI you will earn less than 150k naira per month in the next 5 years of your career. As an engineer in the USA or UK in the next 5 years you will live far more comfortable than a Deputy Controller of Immigration. Check the salary of a deputy comptroller again and check how long it will take you to reach that rank. The corruption in the system will break your spirit. Let nobody deceive you my brother.

It is PTDF sponsorship. Even if you refused to return to Nigeria, you have no issues, you will be fine. You are an engineer. There are great opportunities for engineers over there.

If not for our useless country, why would an engineer be struggling for immigration job? You no know how much dem de pay engineers for core engineering firms?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 5:56am On Aug 16, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by tunnamaniah(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2021
Bro, I don't even know how to respond to people telling him to go for a job that would be paying less than 300usd monthly. What is wrong with you people? Bro, anybody telling you to take the NIS job is undermining your potential and that individual is intellectually lazy (no offense really). If you like, listen to them, na you sabi.

RivuletStream:

NIS salary cannot sponsor any education in Europe. Do you know how much NIS salary is?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Larry456: 8:45am On Aug 16, 2021
Adez1:

Thanks. But bro the question to ask is how many immigration commissioned officer dey suffer? And by suffering I mean can't afford basic life needs....naso we go dey shout country this, country that, are people still not making it?

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Larry456: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2021
RivuletStream:

How much is NIS salary... As ASI you will earn less than 150k naira per month in the next 5 years of your career. As an engineer in the USA or UK in the next 5 years you will live far more comfortable than a Deputy Controller of Immigration. Check the salary of a deputy comptroller again and check how long it will take you to reach that rank. The corruption in the system will break your spirit. Let nobody deceive you my brother.

It is PTDF sponsorship. Even if you refused to return to Nigeria, you have no issues, you will be fine. You are an engineer. There are great opportunities for engineers over there.

If not for our useless country, why would an engineer be struggling for immigration job? You no know how much dem de pay engineers for core engineering firms?
LOL ogbeni I'm not here to argue with anyone, thats my own input. You can simply drop your comment without quoting me.
And nobody is deceiving anyone depends on your own view about a thing. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Larry456: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2021
tunnamaniah:
Bro, I don't even know how to respond to people telling him to go for a job that would be paying less than 300usd monthly. What is wrong with you people? Bro, anybody telling you to take the NIS job is undermining your potential and that individual is intellectually lazy (no offense really). If you like, listen to them, na you sabi.

Nothing is wrong with people, learn how to comment without dissing people's view.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by legendEMT(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2021
can we stop all of these unnecessary draggings? Let's focus on what is ongoing in Abuja. the choice belongs to the individual to make.
Please I am highly anticipating updates from Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by MrMunir: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2021
M.Sc and NIS. To me a bird at hand...... and dats how people will tell u ur too good to collect d NIS work go and continue ur studies. All this while u weren’t good enough abi till when job come. Don’t collect it ur above d job bro dis na 9ja o. Sha still pray on it. If u collect the work u will assist ppl arnd u one way or d other if u go for the masters one way of the other they will still be assisting you. Earn ur own and start helping ppl. Moreover who Dey sponsor u sef

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ina2k(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2021
Abeg updates from Abuja can come in, enough of this scholarship dragging. Pray to ur God so u can make a good choice.

Those in Abj, how far

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by happy662(m): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2021
legendEMT:
can we stop all of these unnecessary draggings? Let's focus on what is ongoing in Abuja. the choice belongs to the individual to make.
Please I am highly anticipating updates from Abuja.
Abi... We need updates from Abuja
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Tampiko(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2021
Please those of you undergoing documentation at NIS Headquarters in Abuja, should do well to give us some tips and updates here. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. Wish us all success.!

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.