Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers (36178 Views)

Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi / Alaafin Writes Buhari, Says 'Tackle Insecurity Now Before It’s Too Late' / Ekiti: Labour Writes Fayemi, Protests Mass Sack Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by Sheuns(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Pls what's the meaning of Ijoba amuni moogun.

Means government will arrest you and your Jazz
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
Sheuns:

Means government will arrest you and your Jazz

Lool
Na true Sha
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by nickyvil: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2020
He might died but still dethroned him, if military didnt take over , he will never be the oba of ijebu again.

Karac:

He had several altercations with then governor of Ogun state Olabisi Onabanjo. The governor suspended and subsequently deposed the Awujale. The Awujale challenged that decision in court, the court then ruled that the decision of the state governor to depose the Awujale was null and void. The state governor was going to appeal that ruling when the military coup came. Bisi Onabanjo was removed from office as a result of the coup.

Then came a military governor, Oladipo Diya who reinstated the Awujale back to the throne. Bisi died 7 years after while Awujale is still standing tall, infact his reigns has lasted almost for the duration of the entirety of Bisi's lifetime (Bisi died at 63 years while Awujale has reigned for 60 years already and still counting). The AWUJALE knows his onions, he cannot be messed with!
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bmaks: 2:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
apoolasolomon:
No 9 of the letter will cause another fight, a power tussle BTW his and Oni of Ife.

Saying Alafin is the head of yoruba Obas

Oga you should know that the person talking is not mincing words. Hierarchy is hierarchy. And first born son cannot be thrown down because of Fame.

Alaafin Oyo remains the first born and the HEAD OF YORUBA OBAS AND THE HEAD OF THE YORUBA NATION.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HISTORY, NOW YOU HAVE BEEN SCHOOLED!

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bmaks: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
BlackfireX:
Alafin should maintain his lane or else he will be dethrone and exiled to Enugu.

And don't tell me is not possible or it never happened.

It can NEVER Happen. Make we leave story for another day
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by Karac: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
nickyvil:
He might died but still dethroned him, if military didnt take over , he will never be the oba of ijebu again.

Lol.. He won in court na after which the governor appealed but the military took over before the appeal court ruling. And there was a very strong indication that Awujale would win ones again.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by ekestic1976(f): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
tiredoflife:

Ask the alafin why he quoted that
I dont need any damn book
The alafin is supreme

About the only reason you're stale! Your mind is impervious to fresh ideas.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by MetaPhysical: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2020
tiredoflife:
I also noticed he made it clear that under the 16yr war
The alafin throne not the ooni of Ife throne wrote the British
Hmmmmmmm no wonder the alafin doesn't recognize the onni of ife as its superior
He said the alafin as head of all yoruba Obas
What does this mean

Alaafin is the political head of Yoruba.
Ooni is the spiritual head of Yoruba.

This has been covered several times.

In matters of divine spiritual worship and esoteric powers Ooni is first. In matters of military, politics and diplomatic relationships Alaafin is first.

The issue in Ekiti is political.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bizhop01: 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
Alaafin should be dethrone
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by eneye1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
Before political power there was tradition, before religion came to each zone, there was tradition. Nigeria never evolve to this stage; we jumped..
Prime ministers still respect Queen of England.. Why are we like this, these Governors are powerless before winning elections to the office. They even go to each palace to kneel down to beg for votes and prayers.
No matter what, tradition is tradition.. These kings know the needs of their people than anybody in government.
These kings could be held accountable my their people but who can hold a governor .
Then, if we say all these kings should keep quiet because some of us feel the constitution says Governor is more powerful than the kings, then who can correct them or talk to them..
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bluke(m): 6:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
anonymousghost2:

16 kings makes no sense to me lol.. craze

yoruba philosophy was centered on number 16.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgbeniSamm(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
AfroKnight:

Only a dàft person would exalt a king above the first citizen of a state government, who determines and pays the king’s salary.

It appears your little education was a waste.

Hmmm, I underrated your foolishness and stupidity. Now I see how classical your daftness is. But unfortunately for you, pig, I won't play in the mud with you.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by AfroKnight: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
OgbeniSamm:

Hmmm, I underrated your foolishness and stupidity. Now I see how classical your daftness is. But unfortunately for you, pig, I won't play in the mud with you.

Lol. Apparently you must be embarrassed to reveal your clannish ignorance to the world. Next time don’t be too quick to expose your inadequacies. Olódo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by emmasege: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
I'm surprised no one on the first page commented on the fact that Alaafin wrote his name before Oonirisa.

Ile Oodua should react appropriately to this and the unbridled arrogance of Alaafin towards Arole Oodua. This was why Ooni Sijuwade used everything at his disposal to silence Adeyemi while he was alive and he succeeded at that.

Someone close to Ooni Ogunwusi needs to tell him to be careful with this 'peace' thing he's doing with Alaafin. Alaafin will capitalize on his peaceful nature to continue parading himself as first in Yoruba land.

Where was Alaafin while Sijuwade reigned?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by barcaboi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
[quote author=seunmsg post=87423055]See the attached warning letter to Fayemi.

[/quo
Same Fayemi that wants to contest as president 2023 against Osinbajo/tinubu? Lol����
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by JOLSOFT(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
This letter is okay but he(Alaafin) should know better that the arrangement is wrong.
Number 2 should go to 1 and number 1 to 2
Like the Yoruba adage says “ibi ti a ba pe ni ori a kin fi tele”
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bmaks: 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
tiredoflife:
I also noticed he made it clear that under the 16yr war
The alafin throne not the ooni of Ife throne wrote the British
Hmmmmmmm no wonder the alafin doesn't recognize the onni of ife as its superior
He said the alafin as head of all yoruba Obas
What does this mean

It means the right thing has been said. ALAAFIN OYO IS THE HEAD OF THE YORUBA NATION.... Shikenaaa!

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by JOLSOFT(m): 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2020
emmasege:
I'm surprised no one on the first page commented on the fact that Alaafin wrote his name before Oonirisa.

Ile Oodua should react appropriately to this and the unbridled arrogance of Alaafin towards Arole Oodua. This was why Ooni Sijuwade used everything at his disposal to silence Adeyemi while he was alive and he succeeded at that.

Someone close to Ooni Ogunwusi needs to tell him to be careful with this 'peace' thing he's doing with Alaafin. Alaafin will capitalize on his peaceful nature to continue parading himself as first in Yoruba land.

I tell you. He is actually going against what he preached in that letter.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by JOLSOFT(m): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ooni is the spiritual head of Yoruba.

In matters of divine spiritual worship and esoteric powers Ooni is first. In matters of military, politics and diplomatic relationships Alaafin is first.

I hope you don’t mind if I share a link with you. I feel it can still make some difference and add up to you knowledge maybe give you a better idea that what you wrote maybe wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDvDXkkXUMY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by bmaks: 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
nickyvil:
Alaafin of Oyo – Oba Adediran Adeyemi II
84yrs old Oba Adediran Adeyemi II (the father of the present Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi) was dethroned for political rivalry with Chief Awolowo lead Western government of Nigeria when he gave his political will and support for an opposition party called NCNC lead by Chief Nnamdi Azikwe which was heightened by a disagreement and conflict with the then Awolowo Action group leader, Bode Thomas. Oba Adediran was sent away from Oyo town in July 1955 and was exiled in Lagos where he was housed by Alhaji N.B Soule a wealthy NCNC member , after which Gbadegesin Ladigbolu was enthroned as the new Alaafin of Oyo till 1970.

Any king can be dethroned and nothing will happen..

Wow you are indeed a student of history, so I guess you know about his pronouncements to both Bode Thomas and the said Awolowo If not please go and read it well. Yoruba nation ain't like any other. Everybody Sabi him size..... Shikenaaa

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by nickyvil: 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
I know but He was removed before consequences.

bmaks:

Wow you are indeed a student of history, so I guess you know about his pronouncements to both Bode Thomas and the said Awolowo If not please go and read it well. Yoruba nation ain't like any other. Everybody Sabi him size..... Shikenaaa
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgboAto: 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ooni is the spiritual head of Yoruba

My oga, I do not know what premise this conclusion of yours is based upon but it is false.

The spiritual/political allotment was a short-term solution in the immediate post-colonial period for Oyo/Ife supremacy struggle in the pre-Osun state days.

Ooni does not play any spiritual, divine or esoteric role both in Ile-Ife or Yorubaland at large. Every esoteric matter in Ife is a prerogative & inheritance of the descendants of the deity concerned. Ko si eleyi to kan Ooni rara not even Oduduwa which is under the custody of Idio lineage headed by Obadio. Let us stop this misinformation, it makes no sense. Also Yoruba kings go to the agbo ile they derive from for sword of state not the Ooni, it is totally out of the purview of the Ooni. For instance, Alaafin & Oba Bini for instance go to Chief Eredunmi, Oranmiyan's chief-priest for sword of state. Ko kan Ooni at all.

Alaafin is the political head of Oyo & towns with Oyo origin mostly to the west of our landscape. We know those originally referred to as Yoruba & Alaafin arrogated headship of Yoruba to himself in the colonial times within the context of those who were Yoruba at the time.

Alaafin has too many seniors ahead to lay claim to any leadership of any rank among Yoruba Oba. And also the legitimacy of Oyo as a kingdom needs to be questioned considering the present was a makeshift & not the orginal that was already dead. The Oyo were a conquered and dispersed people. The Oyo of today is not the same as the Oyo of Katunga - it takes away that militancy, diplomacy & politics you have ascribed to Oyo. You should give all of those to Ibadan instead. Going by proper history, the Alaafin lacks any modicum of merit to all you have ascribed to him.

There are militant towns, Oyo was a tributary town to Owu till its collapse. Military exploits is not a yardstick for relevance. Ibadan posed threats to Oyo & in/directly insulted Alaafin at various points too. Ibadan held on to that military record till colonial era as such, matters bordering on military/diplomacy should be under the purview of Olubadan not any Alaafin.

Finally, if the legitimacy of the crowns of all Yoruba Oba come from the Ooni & the Ooni is at the center as the adhesive holding Yoruba kingdoms together as one before, during & after colonial era then he's the political head of Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgboAto: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
seunmsg:

The Ooni of Ife stool is the most superior royal stool in Yoruba land without any argument. However, as a result of empire building and military conquest, the Alaafin ruled over a very significant part of Yoruba land at a point in our history. During that period, the Ooni was recognized as the spiritual head while the Alaafin was the political/administrative head. So you see, both of them have a legitimate claim to Yoruba leadership.

As regards the Mayegun title, K1 is simply trying to promote the title beyond its relevance. He is the Mayegun of Oyo and not Mayegun of Yoruba land. The only title that cut across all Yoruba land is the “Aare Oona Kankan Ofo” title that is currently being held by Iba Gani Adams.

I don't get it. Everyone seem stuck on Oyo's military exploits & forgot Oyo was/is a conquered town that long lost its military medals to Ibadan. Oyo was not the first town to expand militarily & neither was it the only town that did. Owu was a first military power that Oyo paid tribute to, why do we not prop Olowu as Ooni's equals too?

Kingdoms rise & fall. The relevance of that rise remains within the period of the rise - not after. The present Oyo is a makeshift not the original. The present Oyo is an arrangement out of being conquered & dispersed. Abeg let us keep in mind that Oyo is a conquered group that long lost its military relevance. Alaafin has no claim to any pan Yoruba leadership except within Oyo dependent or originated towns.

And Aare Ona Kakanfo does not cut across Yorubaland. Except you meant Yorubaland in its original context of Oyoland.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by MetaPhysical: 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2020
OgboAto:

My oga, I do not know what premise this conclusion of yours is based upon but it is false.

The spiritual/political allotment was a short-term solution in the immediate post-colonial period for Oyo/Ife supremacy struggle in the pre-Osun state days.

Ooni does not play any spiritual, divine or esoteric role both in Ile-Ife or Yorubaland at large. Every esoteric matter in Ife is a prerogative & inheritance of the descendants of the deity concerned. Ko si eleyi to kan Ooni rara not even Oduduwa which is under the custody of Idio lineage headed by Obadio. Let us stop this misinformation, it makes no sense. Also Yoruba kings go to the agbo ile they derive from for sword of state not the Ooni, it is totally out of the purview of the Ooni. For instance, Alaafin & Oba Bini for instance go to Chief Eredunmi, Oranmiyan's chief-priest for sword of state. Ko kan Ooni at all.

Alaafin is the political head of Oyo & towns with Oyo origin mostly to the west of our landscape. We know those originally referred to as Yoruba & Alaafin arrogated headship of Yoruba to himself in the colonial times within the context of those who were Yoruba at the time.

Alaafin has too many seniors ahead to lay claim to any leadership of any rank among Yoruba Oba. And also the legitimacy of Oyo as a kingdom needs to be questioned considering the present was a makeshift & not the orginal that was already dead. The Oyo were a conquered and dispersed people. The Oyo of today is not the same as the Oyo of Katunga - it takes away that militancy, diplomacy & politics you have ascribed to Oyo. You should give all of those to Ibadan instead. Going by proper history, the Alaafin lacks any modicum of merit to all you have ascribed to him.

There are militant towns, Oyo was a tributary town to Owu till its collapse. Military exploits is not a yardstick for relevance. Ibadan posed threats to Oyo & in/directly insulted Alaafin at various points too. Ibadan held on to that military record till colonial era as such, matters bordering on military/diplomacy should be under the purview of Olubadan not any Alaafin.

Finally, if the legitimacy of the crowns of all Yoruba Oba come from the Ooni & the Ooni is at the center as the adhesive holding Yoruba kingdoms together as one before, during & after colonial era then he's the political head of Yorubaland.

We will resolve this in very simplistic steps.

Answer these questions -

1. In order of creation, history places Ife and Ooni ahead of Oyo and Alaafin.

2. Oyo Ile was a sacred city, and certain rituals would have been performed at its inception. Similarly, Alaafin would have been coronated and installed using certain rites.

Who were the priests that would be responsible for dedicating Oyo and as well authorising position of divine power on the coronated Alaafin? What was the origin of such priests?
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgboAto: 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
MetaPhysical:

We will resolve this in very simplistic steps.

Answer these questions -

1. In order of creation, history places Ife and Ooni ahead of Oyo and Alaafin.

2. Oyo Ile was a sacred city, and certain rituals would have been performed at its inception. Similarly, Alaafin would have been coronated and installed using certain rites.

Who were the priests that would be responsible for dedicating Oyo and as well authorising position of divine power on the coronated Alaafin? What was the origin of such priests?

You & I do not know if & what rituals were performed at the inception of Oyo.

And if Oranmiyan founded Oyo indeed then Ife history indicates that the rulership of Ife at the time of Oyo founding had gone back to those who strongly opposed the creation of Ife. As such, there was no way any 'Ooni' would have partook in the rituals of Oyo if that is your bullseye.

Oyo-Ife intermix began & ends with Oranmiyan. Oyo in its early years was a 'bitch' to Owu, Bariba & Tapa. It was getting chased around to form Kishi, Igboho & so on. With a chequred early history, the rituals & rites were homegrown deriving from the peculiarities of the experiences & geography. As we can see they have their homegrown Ogboni, Sango cult etc.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by MetaPhysical: 5:24am On Mar 15, 2020
OgboAto:

You & I do not know if & what rituals were performed at the inception of Oyo.

And if Oranmiyan founded Oyo indeed then Ife history indicates that the rulership of Ife at the time of Oyo founding had gone back to those who strongly opposed the creation of Ife. As such, there was no way any 'Ooni' would have partook in the rituals of Oyo if that is your bullseye.

Oyo-Ife intermix began & ends with Oranmiyan. Oyo in its early years was a 'bitch' to Owu, Bariba & Tapa. It was getting chased around to form Kishi, Igboho & so on. With a chequred early history, the rituals & rites were homegrown deriving from the peculiarities of the experiences & geography. As we can see they have their homegrown Ogboni, Sango cult etc.

Stop relaying someone else's thoughts. Think for yourself!

Do you believe that any land in Yoruba territory will ever be settled without first been cleansed spiritually and invocations to the ancestors are recited for their blessings and assistance to the land?

You will not find Yoruba live anywhere that has not first been sancretized and a shrine will be built for dedication to the prptective deities over such land.

A shrine is not a house...not just anybody show up to build a shrine. It is done by Priests.

The Priests that built shrines in Oyo Ile, where would they have come from?

Speak from your own intellect and not repeat what was written for you.

If you cant think independently then drop the argument.

Focus on those two questions i originally asked....stop the nonsense about bariba and owu and tapa.

1. Someone of a priest status would have attended to the land in Oyo Ile before settlelement. This is Yoruba philosophy.

2. Since Oyo was founded much after Ife, from where would the priests and shrine builders have been sourced to anoint Oyo Ile?

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgboAto: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Stop relaying someone else's thoughts. Think for yourself!

Do you believe that any land in Yoruba territory will ever be settled without first been cleansed spiritually and invocations to the ancestors are recited for their blessings and assistance to the land?

You will not find Yoruba live anywhere that has not first been sancretized and a shrine will be built for dedication to the prptective deities over such land.

A shrine is not a house...not just anybody show up to build a shrine. It is done by Priests.

The Priests that built shrines in Oyo Ile, where would they have come from?

Speak from your own intellect and not repeat what was written for you.

If you cant think independently then drop the argument.

Focus on those two questions i originally asked....stop the nonsense about bariba and owu and tapa.

1. Someone of a priest status would have attended to the land in Oyo Ile before settlelement. This is Yoruba philosophy.

2. Since Oyo was founded much after Ife, from where would the priests and shrine builders have been sourced to anoint Oyo Ile?

And the anointer of Oyo Ile was Ooni abi?

The history of town rituals is couched in Ifa & these rituals are often said to have been done by Babalawo, examples abound & Odu used to establish several Yoruba towns abound. Not one mentioned Ooni going to do rituals for any town.

What is certain is, neither you, not I & not even the Alaafin knows exactly what the creation of Oyo was like but what is clear is, at the time Oyo was founded Ife 1. Did not have or use Ooni 2. Ife was headed for a string of years by those who wanted it to remain as a confederacy 3. No Ooni does rituals, not even Oduduwa shrine is under his purview. All of these are facts & are still in operation here.

I've made my point clear in my 3 posts & I'm done here. Peace & blessings to you.

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by Amalekki: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2020
emmasege:

The Ooni never silenced the Alaafin & the Alaafin never silenced the Ooni. In fact I recall the Alaafin asking Ooni to tell the whole world how he is related to Oduduwa while stating categorically that no one has ever questioned Alaafin's direct lineage to Oduduwa. The Ooni did not respond. Issue was resolved by state creation with each Oba staying on his lane with occasional jabs here & there.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by Shikena(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2020
OgboAto:

I don't get it. Everyone seem stuck on Oyo's military exploits & forgot Oyo was/is a conquered town that long lost its military medals to Ibadan. Oyo was not the first town to expand militarily & neither was it the only town that did. Owu was a first military power that Oyo paid tribute to, why do we not prop Olowu as Ooni's equals too?

Kingdoms rise & fall. The relevance of that rise remains within the period of the rise - not after. The present Oyo is a makeshift not the original. The present Oyo is an arrangement out of being conquered & dispersed. Abeg let us keep in mind that Oyo is a conquered group that long lost its military relevance. Alaafin has no claim to any pan Yoruba leadership except within Oyo dependent or originated towns.

And Aare Ona Kakanfo does not cut across Yorubaland. Except you meant Yorubaland in its original context of Oyoland.
The Ooni never had any claim to any pan Yoruba leadership either. Even within the tiny confine of Ife, Modakeke was a big issue.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by OgboAto: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2020
Shikena:

The Ooni never had any claim to any pan Yoruba leadership either. Even within the tiny confine of Ife, Modakeke was a big issue.

I said if we went by legitimacy of crowns. Abi your child that derives from you can be your head ni? No matter how wealthy or prominent your children might become, you are their source & their head.

Military achievement is widespread and should not be used as a yardstick. Ijebu, Egba, Owu, Igbomina, Ekiti & the great Ibadan had serious military exploits. In fact, Ibadan had far more reach & conquests than Oyo within modern day Yorubaland. Militant kingdoms rise & fall. The fall is where the importance ends not after it.

Modakeke issue is beyond what is in the public. Let us just say the mess was an attempt by those who seriously loath Ife and want to see it wiped off the face of the earth for whatever reasons. We have settled & we are one.
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by ChristianNorth: 9:13am On Mar 15, 2020
My only take away from his lovely letter is that the Alafin sees himself as the paramount ruler of the entire Yoruba land.

Metaphysical what sayest thou.

I love Yorubas sha, very proactive.

But why a group of people who have the potential to build one of the biggest civilisation in Africa of course, after beloved Biafra decide to be dragged behind by illiterate almajiris is what I don't understand.

For me, I blame Yoruba Moslems.

Helinues
Johnmartus
Simplyleo
Sarrki
Antichristian
Buahriadvocate
Officialmuric

Are known Yoruba Moslems on Nairaland
Re: Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers by AntiChristian: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2020
ChristianNorth:
My only take away from his lovely letter is that the Alafin sees himself as the paramount ruler of the entire Yoruba land.

Metaphysical what sayest thou.

I love Yorubas sha, very proactive.

But why a group of people who have the potential to build one of the biggest civilisation in Africa of course, after beloved Biafra decide to be dragged behind by illiterate almajiris is what I don't understand.

For me, I blame Yoruba Moslems.

Helinues
Johnmartus
Simplyleo
Sarrki
Antichristian
Buahriadvocate
Officialmuric

Are known Yoruba Moslems on Nairaland

One reason Biafra won't be achieved is due to your tribalism. You will still enslave other minor tribes under you in Biafra.

Tribalism go kill you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) / Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State! / Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.