Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (90374 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by BlackAlien007: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2023
mikenkemjika85:

What about registering a fresh 206. Am an old driver though. Am thinking of getting a 206 because of it fuel efficiencyfor bolt. I want to change the kia that am currently using. Will it be possible

So 206 can be use 4 bolt?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Greatn3ss: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2023
JeffreyD1:
Please I also need driving job here in Abuja, I know Abuja roads very well and I've been driving since 2016, I also did Uber in Abuja too

Help a brother
We need to discuss brother
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by JeffreyD1(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Greatn3ss:

We need to discuss brother

Let me type my number in words because the last time I posted my number they banned me for 24hrs.

Zero, 8, one, zero seven, seven, seven, eight, two, zero, six

Thank you
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by VicUkegbu(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Greatn3ss:

How has it been with you?

My experiences hasn't been funny. My first day was great, I made approximately 10k after commission and fuel. On the second day, LASTMA wahala, Google map wahala. As someone that didn't grow up here in lagos and just started driving here, it isn't easy but I have learnt from my mistakes. Now my issue is with the bolt commission of 25%, its too high. Anytime I wish to go offline most riders complain about it. I'll try out indriver their commission is 10% but ride fares are quite cheaper.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by nairamaniac: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
JeffreyD1:
Please I also need driving job here in Abuja, I know Abuja roads very well and I've been driving since 2016, I also did Uber in Abuja too

Help a brother
sorry, are you the same person that started this thread?

With Monika ineedsugermummy?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by JeffreyD1(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
nairamaniac:
sorry, are you the same person that started this thread?

With Monika ineedsugermummy?

Yes I am
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by nairamaniac: 3:04am On Jul 18, 2023
JeffreyD1:

Yes I am
I'm surprised. You are the king/legend of this thread. And an inspiration to lots of people that ventured into E-hailing.

U seemed to have done quite well while doing the job since at least 2020. Then today you are back advertising for a driving Job. Is it that you lost most money made back to bolt or you didn't really make much NET-PROFITS?

pls don't be offended with my questions. I don't mean to offend you.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by JeffreyD1(m): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2023
nairamaniac:

I'm surprised. You are the king/legend of this thread. And an inspiration to lots of people that ventured into E-hailing.

U seemed to have done quite well while doing the job since at least 2020. Then today you are back advertising for a driving Job. Is it that you lost most money made back to bolt or you didn't really make much NET-PROFITS?

pls don't be offended with my questions. I don't mean to offend you.

The car I used then was on hire purchase, when I completed the money the car engine was already gone, so I had to hustle get a new engine and starter working again, last year travelling opportunity came forte I decided to try it out sold the car for the processing for now the traveling thing don't seem to work out the only thing I achieved for now is the land I bought while working then

Don't want to stay idle again so I want to resume my work again since I still have my bolt account, although what I would prefer now is private driving work because the E-hailing job have lots of people doing it

I just clocked 28yrs on Thursday last week 13th
Man no dey young anymore

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by nairamaniac: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
JeffreyD1:

The car I used then was on hire purchase, when I completed the money the car engine was already gone, so I had to hustle get a new engine and starter working again, last year travelling opportunity came forte I decided to try it out sold the car for the processing for now the traveling thing don't seem to work out the only thing I achieved for now is the land I bought while working then

Don't want to stay idle again so I want to resume my work again since I still have my bolt account, although what I would prefer now is private driving work because the E-hailing job have lots of people doing it

Man no dey young anymore

I admire your courage.
You have a good reputation and track record already.

It wdnt be hard for you to get another car deal. That car engine has to be gone. I don't think those japanese engines can last 3years of bolt upon ideal servicing. That's the advantage Benz has over them.

All the best!
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by JeffreyD1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairamaniac:

I admire your courage.
You have a good reputation and track record already.

It wdnt be hard for you to get another car deal. That car engine has to be gone. I don't think those japanese engines can last 3years of bolt upon ideal servicing. That's the advantage Benz has over them.

All the best!

Yes oh engine started shorting oil I knew it's gone lol

Thank you very much sir

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Styluss: 12:02am On Aug 25, 2023
I am planning to buy a faily used toyotal colloa for uber, please advice
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Greatn3ss: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
VicUkegbu:

My experiences hasn't been funny. My first day was great, I made approximately 10k after commission and fuel. On the second day, LASTMA wahala, Google map wahala. As someone that didn't grow up here in lagos and just started driving here, it isn't easy but I have learnt from my mistakes. Now my issue is with the bolt commission of 25%, its too high. Anytime I wish to go offline most riders complain about it. I'll try out indriver their commission is 10% but ride fares are quite cheaper.

Are you still into the business and how has it been?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by olamilarks(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2023
JeffreyD1:

Man no dey young anymore
And this story repeats itself again! How are you doing boss?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by ceeethru(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Pls, can anyone help me.. How much do bolt drivers presently remit weekly in Abuja Just wanna know before I purchase the car. Waiting for feed back.. Thanks
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by zaheerklein(m): 11:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
Pls ,I need advice, I am planning moving to abuja and start uber or bolt but my concern is a safe and affordable place to stay I don't mind room ....even if its selfcone ,pls help with location and how to go about it ,and I will need someone to mentor me about the business and how to go about it ..pls help a brother
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Mustack: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2023
One honest simple question, does Uber, bolts business still lucrative as a beginner?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Sirchiboy: 8:21pm On Feb 02
Just started this bolt in PH this week.
I haven't done any trip yet.
All the trips I received is strange places and I didn't accept.
I am now in PH.
Tired already.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by weslay: 8:51pm On Feb 02
Sirchiboy:
Just started this bolt in PH this week.
I haven't done any trip yet.
All the trips I received is strange places and I didn't accept.
I am now in PH.
Tired already.
You haven't done any trip and you are tired wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence?? / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.