Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (90551 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Worst are the ones at the airport that don't even have ACs, you will end up angry and ask them to wind down. They will come online and narrate what happened like they are saints.

Their cars are so run down and the drivers lack manners/sense. Some aren't ready to do the work. Mannerless.

It's like they are constantly angry at women.

Fear the ones who can't even greet, because a woman has entered their vehicle. They can't talk, lest they become effeminate. Yet they want ratings.

I won't name the tribe that does it the most, but beware of those men. They are the types that beat women in their vehicles.

Uber is way better.

I am ultra careful when dealing with male drivers, customers or anything man.

Once I enter, I sit behind, yes behind. I have gotten to know this is a problem to them too, but I am maintaining this problem for safety reasons. I have never met one that decided not to use AC or with a terrible AC, but if at all I do, I will ignore. I will ignore every single thing.

When I get to my destination safely, I’ll pay with a smile sef. Then rate and type an official complaint. I have never had to do this with Uber though.

5 Likes

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by melviniyke2002(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
ojun50:
I have interest in the job, but remitting 25k to the is way too high
lol even keke remit #21k weekly

4 Likes

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Klems04(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
I save 100k weekly aside feeding, bills fueling and car maintenance

Airport trips is the best but it doesn't come at ease

Attached is picture of what I see this week between Monday till yesterday Friday 85k
Including bolt commission and fuel money oh

Bolt commission is 20%

Fuel money is 4k daily in 5 days it's 20k
The rest is mine

What a nice post!
Thanks for sharing�
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by BRATISLAVA: 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

I am ultra careful when dealing with male drivers, customers or anything man.

Once I enter, I sit behind, yes behind. I have gotten to know this is a problem to them too, but I am maintaining this problem for safety reasons. I have never met one that decided not to use AC or with a terrible AC, but if at all I do, I will ignore. I will ignore every single thing.

When I get to my destination safely, I’ll pay with a smile sef. Then rate and type an official complaint. I have never had to do this with Uber though.

That AC matter in Bolts is something I'd prefer not to talk about (but I will anyway). It's a peeve and I always express my anger from the back seat (they usually get angry once one goes to the back and we're not married!).

When you first get in, they'll act like their windows have been down and they want to turn on the AC for you.

With one of them, we got moving to those nowhere-ish parts of the airport road when I complained that his AC was not working. He initially lied that he was adjusting it, but after more complaints and a few more kilometers, he said it doesn't work! I couldn't get down at that point, so I had to sweat it to my destination.

It's happened countless times and only with bolt. The other one told me his AC works only when he accelerates! And there was a traffic jam! Several times I've gotten angry and told them to just wind down. It helps to leave for your destination on time so that they don't have you tied to them. They can be wicked.

But they will come online to sound innocent. I'm more on guard with bolts thab Ubers. Their cars are very different. Bolt cars are usually terrible and their drivers mannerless. They suck.

There's only one bolt I've entered in Nigeria that I can recommend. Only one.

5 Likes

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Daddymiracle: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
shollyshine:
pls i will like to know more about the the mini bus(korope).

What do you like to know?
You can ask
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by shollyshine(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Daddymiracle:

You can ask
thanks.i want to know the price, where it's mostly needed.am planning on getting one but won't be driving by myself.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by shollyshine(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Daddymiracle:

You can ask
thanks.i want to know the price, where it's mostly needed.am planning on getting one but won't be driving by myself.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Emmypure: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Imagine Making that in Abuja, hmm that means you will be cashing out biger in anambra and Lagos.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Blackmiserable(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=CheerfulGiver post=103736874][/quote]

This one wey you call yourself cheerful giver, do cheerful giving for me nah.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by swiftysam: 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Which particular corrola(year) has the best fuel efficiency
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Daddymiracle: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
shollyshine:

If you stay in Lagos, you will get good one at Ladipo market oshodi direct Tokunbo and they will couple it within a week for you, you can get it there...the price is including couple, means you don’t need to pay for couple because the mini bus came as scrap to Nigeria
Automatic price is =1.150m
Manual price is = 1.2m

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by harmony75: 5:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
You're hardworking so you succeed�
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

That AC matter in Bolts is something I'd prefer not to talk about (but I will anyway). It's a peeve and I always express my anger from the back seat (they usually get angry once one goes to the back and we're not married!).

When you first get in, they'll act like their windows have been down and they want to turn on the AC for you.

With one of them, we got moving to those nowhere-ish parts of the airport road when I complained that his AC was not working. He initially lied that he was adjusting it, but after more complaints and a few more kilometers, he said it doesn't work! I couldn't get down at that point, so I had to sweat it to my destination.

It's happened countless times and only with bolt. The other one told me his AC works only when he accelerates! And there was a traffic jam! Several times I've gotten angry and told them to just wind down. It helps to leave for your destination on time so that they don't have you tied to them. They can be wicked.

But they will come online to sound innocent. I'm more on guard with bolts thab Ubers. Their cars are very different. Bolt cars are usually terrible and their drivers mannerless. They suck.

You are right, though not all bolt driver has a terrible car, and its not common in PH, you can call to find out, I don't know about bolt in lagos.
My car is very clean and the AC perfect, but i have seen many with dirty cars as well, I recognise them from app usage.
You can also agree with them that bolt fare are cheaper than Uber go and find out, with the current situation in the country maintenance is not not cheap especially for those who are on Hire purchase and remitting per week.
However, I did not agree with you generalizing all bolt driver's behaviour, bolt does not tolerate unruly behaviour towards customers, I have seen driver coming to office pleading for mercy to unblock them.
And these can only happen when customers rates them low and comment, bolt frown at that. Its boldly stated in the quiz
I always try maintain good relationships with my passenger to get 5 stars, but if you are not in a good mood I face my front.
I have realized that only dogs follow you, insult did not, otherwise they way people invoke thunder fire you on any slightest provocation, no one will remain on this earth again. Thunder does not fire any one.
Insult me till tomorrow it doesn't follow me to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You are right, though not all bolt driver has a terrible car, and its not common in PH, you can call to find out, I don't know about bolt in lagos.
My car is very clean and the AC perfect, but i have seen many with dirty cars as well, I recognise them from app usage.
You can also agree with them that bolt fare are cheaper than Uber go and find out, with the current situation in the country maintenance is not not cheap especially for those who are on Hire purchase and remitting per week.
However, I did not agree with you generalizing all bolt driver's behaviour, bolt does not tolerate unruly behaviour towards customers, I have seen driver coming to office pleading for mercy to unblock them.
And these can only happen when customers rates them low and comment, bolt frown at that. Its boldly stated in the quiz
I always try maintain good relationships with my passenger to get 5 stars, but if you are not in a good mood I face my front.
I have realized that only dogs follow you, insult did not, otherwise they way people invoke thunder fire you on any slightest provocation, no one will remain on this earth again. Thunder does not fire any one.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by alien1: 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
Daddymiracle:

If you stay in Lagos, you will get good one at Ladipo market oshodi direct Tokunbo and they will couple it within a week for you, you can get it there...the price is including couple, means you don’t need to pay for couple because the mini bus came as scrap to Nigeria
Manual price is = 1.2m
please do you have an idea on the cost of a toyota hiace hummer bus
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by imotal(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
I'm in Abuja and I need a vehicle for bolt please. It's not easy to cater for a new family. My email is preciouseyibio@gmail.com.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Daddymiracle: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
alien1:

please do you have an idea on the cost of a toyota hiace hummer bus

I don’t really know much but I guess 7m upward

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by imotal(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
IjawAboki007:
Can I buy like two cars and give to bolt to use and give me returns?

I'm interested in this. Please contact me when you're ready. preciouseyibio@gmail.com. thank you
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by edo3(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:

They do stop and search in the evening I mean police they don't search most uber/bolt drivers they only check the person you're carrying for hard drugs and maybe harmful objects

I start from 7Am work till 12pm then go break of 2 hours then start again from 3pm till 10pm
Roughly 10 hours
Pls enlighten me,,I av a Corolla,,but my hands is not strong 4 driving yet,,and i don't want to gv it to anybody..
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by BRATISLAVA: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
uncle005:

Seems you have a good countenance. Kudos to you on that.

Some drivers will annoy you from how they speak to you, their attitude when they meet you and the state of their car. With some, when you alight, you resent having to pay them at the end of it. Some are that bad.

Maybe your own is clean, because there is an excellent bolt I entered. Right from the drivers countenance I knew it would be a good ride. He didn't disappoint. Politeness 100%. I normally don't talk to the drivers, but he was top notch. Driving safely, adherence to road rules was fantastic. And his AC was in working order.

I will continue to generalize bolt drivers, because I've seen how rough they can be personally. From threatening, rudeness and battered vehicles to asking for money before the ride is over to buy fuel and other such things. I have to rate Uber better. Their drivers attitudes are much better. I understand some of the drivers operate on both bolt and Uber.

I hate bolt and only use them where and when Uber isn't available.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by japhadels(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Let's say one has upto 1.7m. Will that be okay for a good corolla?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by LostMyZeal(m): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
TWLifestyle:
i dont know what ur angling for but if we are talking about arrogance and disrespect towards women generally - men are far worse .

Please show me stats to back up this claim angry

Preferably one from Nigerian Bureau of statistics.

I'm waiting
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by shollyshine(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
Daddymiracle:

Manual price is = 1.2m
thanks so much.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by kriss27(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:

Corolla
please what type of Corolla? Can any type be used for it?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by CSTRR: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Tobichuks08:

Bus drivers makes over 8k daily and over 100k weekly but how many Nigerians are into it..
That is easy for you dosen't mean it's easy for another, the risk involved in it alone is something one should consider
8*7days is 56k na.

Haba.

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by CSTRR: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:
If you are a responsible no-wahala lady in Lagos, especially on the Island, AVOID BOLT.

I mean, AVOID BOLT!

Most runs girls and werey people in Lagos use Bolt because it is cheaper. As a result of this, Bolt drivers are naturally biased and defensive when dealing with ladies. Especially when they pick you on the Island, or from the mainland on Friday evenings. That day na high traffic day when Island boys import their mainland gfs.

To avoid being stereotyped, just avoid Bolt drivers and their wahala.

I have never had problems with Uber drivers, but you see Bolt? It is either they are cursing other road users or they reject card trips, or they try to transfer oloso-induced-aggression on me. I done delete their app tey tey.

It is always “Bolt driver punches female rider”, e get why! AVOID THEM!
Why is it always women having issues with bolt and Uber drivers.?

You hardly hear about a man complaining or fighting with bolt or Uber drivers.

Could it be just bad character of many of our female folks?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Yaks02(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
IjawAboki007:

Your location

Jos and willing to relocate
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by tosinhtml: 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
pocohantas:

I expected this line of argument. The difference is the platform, the rules in place.

The same Nigerians that would be acting like wild animals at MMIA, are the same ones that would queue at Heathrow.

Uber uses mostly pricing to keep their system free of hoodlum-riders. I also heard they ban drivers, I don’t know if they ban riders too.

Even the OP said he registered on Bolt first because Uber’s registration is stressful. That should tell you a lot.

They also ban riders too, when I went to Abuja at the Airport, the Uber driver that picked me said he had to confirm my ratings before he accepted my request me, because he owns his personal car & I noticed the car was a very recent Corolla. According to him, he said he reports riders very well, and Uber actually makes a move or refund him if he has any payment issues with a rider. Uber actually flags that rider's account if they verify that the issue has been happening consistently with that rider, It means the rider is a confirmed troublesome person.

Bolt no send anybody, na agbero company.

The difference between Bolt and Yellow Bus is that one is a car & the other is a Bus. That's all. Same Behavior, same attitude.

Drivers can also use another person's account on Bolt, this particular one is very annoying because It may encourage kidnapping.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by tosinhtml: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
CSTRR:

Why is it always women having issues with bolt and Uber drivers.?

You hardly hear about a man complaining or fighting with bolt or Uber drivers.

Could it be just bad character of many of our female folks?

Have you seen any woman complaining of Uber before? Bolt is the problem.

please mention one woman who has complained.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by yellowgarri2(m): 6:47am On Jul 16, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
I save 100k weekly aside feeding, bills fueling and car maintenance

Airport trips is the best but it doesn't come at ease

Attached is picture of what I see this week between Monday till yesterday Friday 85k
Including bolt commission and fuel money oh

Bolt commission is 20%

Fuel money is 4k daily in 5 days it's 20k
The rest is mine

Do giveaway
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Optimistguy1969: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2021
japhadels:
Let's say one has upto 1.7m. Will that be okay for a good corolla?
Over ok.
You go get change sef

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
uncle005:
Its possible sometimes not every week, but commission inclusive.

Now is not possible because of the crowd in it.
Last week I only made 46k commission inclusive. Its not worth it anymore, the fare is not encouraging with high prices of fuel and maintenance, but better than nothing that is why some cannot quit
Please check your DM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Jobs That Look Poor But Are Very Lucrative / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence?? / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.