Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi (32102 Views)

Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land / Kano Interchange: Ganduje Is Working / Fulani Siddika Shahida: Ganduje Is Kano's Worst Curse - Sanusi Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Lexusgs430:

They promise to give and keep good company........ cheesy wink
Had 2 of them in the last 7 days, not sure I need one right now. I'm struggling to live life without football. Sucks
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by voltron14: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
Kperogi, I thought you said Dasuki had been killed by Buhari.

angry

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by 4gunners(m): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
Did you pick up on the cryptic but devastating critique of Kano State Governor Ganduje’s government in Emir Sanusi’s wildly trending Kaduna speech? That’s gotta hurt. Remember that the power to appoint and dethrone traditional rulers rests exclusively with state governors. Now, pissing off the federal government AND the state government AND an entire region’s conservative cultural elites with bitter, uncomfortable truth-telling is a lethally combustible mix.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by damilare442: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
Faroooq my niggar. Always "cooking" his way to sway with swaying controversies.
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by harbeedaymee(f): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
vivalavida:
By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.
Twitter: @farooqkperogi

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/03/ganduje-is-monster-but-sanusi-is-not.html?m=1#.XmxOkVRFQxM.twitter

I'm surprised when people say Sanusi didn't deserve to be emir. So who deserved to be the emir? He was born of royal lineage and his grandfather was an emir. He is a prince and grew up in the palace. What other qualification did he need to be emir?

So after 59 rulership you expected another Ado Bayero son to be appointed emir abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

Had 2 of them in the last 7 days, not sure I need one right now. I'm struggling to live life without football. Sucks

Be prepared, it's going to be a long term suspension........

Just download any football game and entertain yourself....... wink
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by ajl: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
Who is this one that referred to monarchical system as primitive. Well, it could be in some places. I suppose your lack of sense of history caused you to make such statement. Monarchies play different roles even in modern society depending on circumstances and the historical pedigree of the monarchy itself. Can we refer to a monarchy like the Ooni of Ife as primitive and irrelevant in modern day Yoruba land. That's unlikely because Yoruba people are still tied to their spiritual traditions, for which the Ooni stand as the spiritual head. This globetrotte to connect people of Yoruba descent in different parts of the world. Point to a single governor in Southwest, a minister or a president in Nigeria that have made just one of such important trips.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by kestolove95(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
How do people who don't watch football usually spend their weekends?
how are u spending ur weekend nw dat all matches has bin postpone?
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by NGpatriot: 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
TheFreeOne:

In short the corrupt and the hypocrite.

NGpatriot:

Sanusi don't give a dam about any almajiri, he's another stone-cold elite, he enjoyed luxuries right from birth, he said Polygamy Causing Poverty, Backwardness In North, but the hypocrite is the king of polygamy, he has 4 wives, including an 18-year-old that he's 40 years older than, the girl is young enough to be his granddaughter, he has tons of children, his own almajiri.

The hypocrite is a chronic looter and embezzler, a common lawless and disobedient public official who deserved to be sacked.

What I posted yesterday about the hypocrite and Northern elite posing as a crusader on the side of the poor when in fact it's the opposite.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by ibnlawal(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Nietzsche! Thumbs up bro
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by philip0906(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
Tripitaka:
Farooq is one hell of a smart man. Very intelligently analysed submission.
Very intelligent submission, I must say

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Be prepared, it's going to be a long term suspension........

Just download any football game and entertain yourself....... wink
I don play PES taya already, and PUBG, dem jus dey kill me anyhow since morning... Life is hard lol
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
kestolove95:
how are u spending ur weekend nw dat all matches has bin postpone?
Struggling
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by oyinda1599(f): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
I cease to respect this writer since the day he wrote an article against Trump and the funny thing is that he is based in the USA a country Trump is taking to the promise land. All M U S L I M S are ingrate. He should come to Nigeria to write against Trump. Its a nice write up he wrote though.
All Muslims are ingrate just because one Muslim wrote an article against trump, you must be very daft.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Ofemmanu1: 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
ibnlawal:
Nietzsche! Thumbs up bro
Friedrich Nietzsche.
You Sabi book.
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by hopexter(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
A man who was suspended from being the governor of the Apex financial institution in Nigeria and quickly hid under cover of an Emirship is already a suspect. My only hatred for Goodluck Jonathan was he couldn't probe Sanusi upon all the allegations and missing funds but instead went to bow to the Emir for second term Support. Sanusi and Good luck Jonathan can never become anything else in this country. I'm not in support of Kano state decision but Sanusi deserve more than he got. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by 989900: 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
[s]I cease to respect this writer since the day he wrote an article against Trump and the funny thing is that he is based in the USA a country Trump is taking to the promise land. All M U S L I M S are ingrate. He should come to Nigeria to write against Trump. Its a nice write up he wrote though[/s].
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by 989900: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
Reading this write-up was like having multiple orgasms, the writer is a well balanced and seasoned writer!

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Maranzano(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
"Sanusi’s emirship was molded in the crucible of partisan politics and was dissolved in it."

Prof. Kperogi is truly a wordsmith!
That quoted statement summarised the ascension and dethronement of Sanusi. Power is not a charitable donation conferred on anyone on the altar of obeisance. Those who hold it without the people's concent are living in borrowed time.
His dethronement evoked a lot of sentiments among Nigerians but his enthronement evoked similar sentiments among Kano Kingmakers in 2014

5 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by kestolove95(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

Struggling
take hrt

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by xrayj(m): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2020
backnbeta:
He's definitely not a victim and not a saint. I have read up a lot about this man since his travails, and I've come to realise he's no better than the people he condemns. He had ample opportunity to make a little change, but he didn't. Like the typical power mongering oligarch, he will not make any serious changes to the system or to the country as a whole undecided
undecided
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by grandstar(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2020
The writer has a poor understanding of economics.

The Deregulation of the fuel price is the right thing to do based on sound economics. Condemning Sanusi for it is like condemning a math teacher for saying 1+1=2. It doesn't change the narrative because you don't like the person.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
kestolove95:
take hrt
Thanks
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
I sympathise with Sanusi and I stand with him in this turbulent moment of his life. But I will never cast my vote for any Fulani man as the next President of Nigeria that is if the country survives Buhari's next level.

6 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Chikpat(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
This is a balanced narrative.

Meanwhile, Sanusi will not be president of Nigeria. A whole Emir was removed in broad daylight and Kano people did not raise an eyebrow!!! Forget the guy! He cannot even win councillorship. His emirship was simply to pay him off for speaking against the failed presidency of Jonathan and to shield him from prosecution. He was not supposed to be the emir in the first instance.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Woleett: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2020
Some mumu people are already saying he should make Peter obi his deputy grin grin. Igbos no get shame, so all these hatred they have for yoruba people is all because they want to be second fiddle to the north and see yoruba people as standing in their way first with atiku now this one. Pathetic
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Xisnin(m): 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
I cease to respect this writer since the day he wrote an article against Trump and the funny thing is that he is based in the USA a country Trump is taking to the promise land. All M U S L I M S are ingrate. He should come to Nigeria to write against Trump. Its a nice write up he wrote though.
Trump?
What a joke.
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by NGpatriot: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
oyinda1599:
All Muslims are ingrate just because one Muslim wrote an article against trump, you must be very daft.

He didn't see the idiocy, ignorance and stupidity in his thoughtless post.
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
He supported Jonathan’s petrol price hike in 2012 and even wondered why poor people were protesting since they had no cars, and generators, according to him, were powered by diesel, not petrol!

When his attention was brought to the fact that only “subsidized” and privileged “big men” like him use diesel-powered generators, he backed down and apologized. But I found it remarkably telling that until 2012 Sanusi had no clue that the majority of Nigerians used petrol-powered generators to get electricity.

Agreed, Sanusi is not the messiah, and yes, he probably won't make a good leader of Nigeria...but on fuel subsidy he was right. It has to go.

1. Subsidy is the reason why most of the people who have collected refinery licence are not building refinereis. Because, no one is going to refine fuel above N145 and sell it below that price sans profit. How will they pay workers, create jobs, pay off bank loans taken to build and improve the refinery, and invest in the same refinery.

2.Subsidy is the MAIN reason why fuel smuggling takes place on our borders. When all our neighbors sell fuel at N300 and above (yes, you can check the info, I am not lying)...why won't any greedy businessman go and smuggle fuel across the border?

3.Subsidy is the reason why NNPC refienreis are in a bad state...because when you force NNPC to use their money to pay for the subsidy...and when you make it difficult for NNPC to make a profit from refining...in the name of subsidy( remember the actual cost of refining fuel cannot be below N150 per liter)....NNPC cannot make improvements, and cannot build and expand existing refining capacity...so the refinereis go to waste. Add the fact that NNPC is run as a government enterpirse.

4.Subsidy is full of corruption, stealing subsidy scams and so on. Because it was, until Buhari stopped it (by creating another problem, see no 3)...a means for marketers to scam the government millions of naira, because government was forcing them to sell at a fixed price...instead of letting market forces force down the price.

5.Subsidy is the reason why we flare gas , and why we have massive pollution. Because when you force people to improt fuel at a high price, and sell at a low price (IE...import at N200..and sell at N145 and pay the difference)...where is the money going to come from to improve pipelines, and fund investment in gas processing?

6.Subsidy is the reason why education is poorly funded. And health. Some of the trillions (don't be deceived by the N430 billion...that's just estimated subsidy cost...which might shoot up when the oil price goes up again...for now, thank God, oil is low)....we spend on susbdiy could have gone on health care or educaiton. But no...

Look, if we want investment in our oil sector...which means jobs, and improved revenues ...which benefit the...wait for it....the POOR....suibsidy has to go.

When GSM came to Nigeria, we paid N10000. People complained. People called on Obasanjo to subsidse the cost of GSM. Obj refused to listen to them. Today, GSM is growing, and there are jobs that would never have existed that now exist. Why are we sabotaging our petrol sector because 'we are an oil producing economy'.....why are we expecting to live like the UAE..and Saudi Arabia who produce far more oil than we do for a population of 11MILLION and 10 million respectively...while we have 200million.

If we don't run our economy like a capitalist economy, and keep on running it like a Marxist economy in the name of 'we are poor' the debt and borrowing will continue. Be3cause with oil prices chronically low since 2014, I doubt we can continue subsidizing everything. Yes, poor people will suffer. Yes, my pocket would be hit hard., Yes, I am asking for suffering...but the long term benefits of subsidy removal will benefit us greatly.

4 Likes

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by Chemist009(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Not a bad write up after all..... But the bulk still the writer's opinion
Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by CSTR2: 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
TheFreeOne:

Many still 'gets carried away' by his queens English and purported intelligence though as CBN governor he's no match for Soludo.

And he's very likely being propped up for 2023 presidential election cos from ongoing permutations and SW opposition to a northern 2023 president the powers that be in the north will need to bring forth a cerebral candidate that'll be acceptable to southerners and being an economist too Sanusi fits those requirements and with an SE/SS VP they'll hope he'll get the needed support from the two regions which will in the north permutation should help checkmate Tinubu or any other Yoruba candidate.

Anyway na siddon and look I dey smiley
If a Yoruba man runs for the apc, then yes, the north will get our votes.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje Is A Monster, But Sanusi Is Not A Victim By Farooq Kperogi by chiemmanuel(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ganduje, Sanusi, kwankwazo are all the same, it all depends on who has more power at that particular moment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Visits Orji Uzor Kalu As He Returns From South East / Buhari Has Only Fulfilled One Campaign Promise – Buharimeter / Runing Mate: Tinubu Meets APC Chairman, 11 Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.