Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (76574 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
But i think he owns the account because he used the ATM too. He actually wanted to withdraw 7k but he withdrew 4k so that he can transfer the 3k to me to balance the amount he planned to withdraw
the bank should provide the person since they already believe his story and even put restrictions on your account.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
franciskaine:
if your case is genuine, then report to the police.

You want to give sniper to person with headache?

@op. You'd better listen to those who are telling you to cooperate with the bank fully. You were the victim of a fraudulent case. The man you met was not the rightful owner of the account. Forget about the alleged ATM card you saw or anything else. You are not an investigator; he could have shown you just any ATM or he could have stolen it along with the phone from a bag or purse. You just don't have the information to identify the person's credibility and you had no business behaving as if you were his bank; conducting transactions on its behalf. Also, nobody who can serve as a witness clearly saw you give him the cash. As it stands now, the only verifiable info available anywhere is that a sum of money was transferred into your account via USSD from a possibly stolen phone. Go clear yourself and if they want you to repay the money, pay up.

If you involve lawyers or the police, they will just escalate the issue to the point where you cannot handle it again, and a N3k issue will become a N500k issue. I have warned you. My task is done here.

13 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by alezzy13: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
pocohantas:
Please and please, NEVER allow your account be used for such inflows. Especially at ATMs.

Someone close to me was a victim of something similar, I wanted to create a thread on it- but I have been lazy.

You've most likely been used as a PICKER. The person doesn’t own that account. I call them STRANDED COMMUTERS. They will always approach you with a sob story of how they are traveling, they need cash, but not with their DEBIT CARDS for withdrawals.

Then they’ll propose to transfer to your own and have you withdraw for them. Whatever they propose must always involve crediting your account.

People have helped withdraw ransoms without knowing. It is when you enter bank to withdraw and EFCC pounces on you, clear you from the ground with better sliding tackle- that is when you’ll know what you have gotten into.

What you’ll do depends on the severity of the restriction. One needs to see it to advise properly.

However, generally speaking, if there is an apprehend on sight placed on your account- you’ll be picked up the second you step into any branch. I doubt it’ll come in here, this is too small an amount.

If it is just the customer reporting, crediting your account with said sum and giving a written instruction for it to be sent back, would fix it. This doesn’t always mean the restriction will be lifted immediately. You might not be able to do online transactions for a while.

For the first scenario, you will spend more. A police report and court order would come in.

The good thing is, you will learn, albeit the hard way.

Hmmm. one learns everyday

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by dustydee: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
It happened at ATM point (GTconnect) but i want to go to the nearest branch tomorrow but before i go i am trying to seek knowledge on how to go about it. I should have solid claims because he used the ATM to withdraw moment before he transfer to me. And i used the ATM too.
ATMs have CCTV, it is a requirement. If the bank say that the camera was not working, tell them you will have to report this to the CBN. It is a mandatory for all ATMs to have functioning CCTVs.

8 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Kay25(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Gt bank itself is a fraud..why is it that it's mostly their bank they use for scam like that..I had reported an issue to efcc involving transfer like that till date useless efcc did nothing to it and the money gone
GT bank is a scam and fraud it self
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by grandstar(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Is this after i cleared myself or now?
I went to the ATM the transaction happened yesterday to check the location of the camera but the only camera there is backing where we stood but we both used the machine that very day

If the scammer fraudulently sent from someone’s account, I will suggest you meet the account holder and explain what happened.

You should also describe in detail the appearance of the scammer or thief. Most often, only people close to you know your PIN number.
He might know the person.

There’s also the possibility that the account holder is in on the scam. Demand 6 months statements or even a year of his bank account. Let it be checked to see if there have been a pattern of refunding money to it from individuals like yourself.

I’m not a detective so ask your options at the st police station or ask a police officer who is a friend. Let him know you can’t afford a refund as it will bankrupt you.

10 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by 3Dimension: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
But i think he owns the account because he used the ATM too. He actually wanted to withdraw 7k but he withdrew 4k so that he can transfer the 3k to me to balance the amount he planned to withdraw
Can you ask the bank to invite him over then. tell them what transpired, if he is denying ever meeting you tell them the time you went to use the machine and let them check the time stamp of the transaction and the time he withdrew the 4k. it's a just an ample evidence but it can help your story. And you can just let it go and pay the money if you can.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Okuda(m): 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
dottozil:
If I were you I will go to the bank and demand to see the person that reported me, he needs to explain how is account number and ATM card got to someone else's hand, GOD helping you, you said the transfer was done via USSD that means his sim was also at the wrong hands if you've done no wrong you have the right to explain yourself even if you will be arrested still tell them thesame thing, if you go there with the aim of paying back that easily they might hold you for fraud

who knows e fit be baby kidnappers/armed robbers sef wey hold the owner collect him infos from am and use am do wetin them wan do

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by banhammy: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
You will be lucky if the transaction was done in front of CCTV camera, otherwise, you have been defrauded
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by okpalaAnambra: 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Good day All, please how do I go about this issue I am into?

On Weds 11th, March, 2020 I logged on to my GTworld to make transaction but I got a response that my account has a debit/credit restriction.

I reached out to my bank via twitter DM to know what is going on, the response I got was that my account was reported for fraud hence I should make full return of alleged fraudulent transfer i made on 3/4/2020. Without wasting time, I logged on to my GTworld to check and i saw the said transaction which was the only credit i received that day.

It happened that i went to the ATM to make deposit but when i got there the machine was down (hardware error), seeing how depressed i was, one of the customers that wanted to withdraw offered to transfer to me while i gave him cash. That was it, it was not a fraudulent transaction but now he went to report me for fraud.

I further asked how i can clear myself but i was told only if i liase with the account holder or i make the full payment that's the only way they can lift the restriction. Someone i did not know or have his contact. And i believe he owns the account not someone else's account because he used USSD to make the transfer. But why he reported me and the bank easily believe is what i don't understand.

Please dear Nairalander, how can i get out of this. I cant make use of my account all this while, people who send money into the account unknowingly are on my neck to carryout there services for them, and this is becoming too much for me.
I sense some lies here, you received a wire from abroad possibly from a maga, if not what does he benefit from reporting you

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by jamesharryson(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
[quote author=Harbeeorlar post=87454976]But seriously is there proof for all the monies that enters your account? A random person that send money to me legitimately can just choose to report me? quote]

Oga, u see this small thing you are talking about like this, I slept in the police cell for three days and also paid back more than #300,000 I know nothing about because of it. Not only that, my Fidelity bank and UBA bank accounts are still blocked up till now I am talking with u. This thing happened on 14th of July 2017. My own was that a customer that came to my shop to buy some goods made transfer with his phone. That's all I know.

So, before u go to the bank for clearance, better get a good lawyer because your bank might decide to arrest u. It might not only be the 3k that was removed from the account. Know it that if no other person is arrested, you will pay every job that left the account, unless you have a very reasonable good evidence to back u up, then you will only pay the amount that touched Ur bank account, apart from the evidence, be prepared to pay for every damn kobo that left the account.

I am talking out of experience

5 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by mctfopt: 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
Some things to NEVER do in bank or anywhere for that matter.

No 1) Never accept transfer from someone you do not know to give them cash.

No 2) Never assist anyone to withdraw cash from ATM, the person you are assisting may be a thief trying to hide his face from the ever present camera on ATM.

No 3) Never render any kind of help outside or inside banking hall, except to point the person asking question to either a bank staff or security.

No 4) Report any sudden deposit from an unknown source to your bank, instruct them to reverse the deposit, never think someone somewhere have decided to "bless your hustle". You'll be surprised to get a visit from the Anti Kidnap Squad for that alert.

Be safe, loads of dubious people on the prowl. @OP you just helped a fraudster cash out, you'll be lucky you only have to refund the money, I've seen people bag long prison sentence simply because they "helped" someone the way you did. Be safe.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by udemzyudex(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
1. Never ask for transfer from anyone at the ATM
2. If anybody is seeking for assistance, direct him or her to meet with the security.

Even phone calls, if I don't know you very well I can never give you my phone to make call.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Stillthebest: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
kiss

Lol G level on you. He transferred to you from someones else account.

You cant clear yourself except you have a cogent evidence(like cctv)., contact your lawyer asap!
Since u did this in the atm premises, there should be cctv. Get the bank to open the cctv for investigation. Get your lawyer involved, if the bank claims no cctv Sue the bank.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by felzylix(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
How could you people say he is in trouble?
The young man received a payment in his account which no one has a proof that he initiated.
It could be a payment for an online transaction, it could even be a give away received from anyone from here on Nl abi any other SM, anybody with itching fingers could just pick an account number randomly from anywhere or even guess it and transfer money to it.
The bank has no right or whatsoever to block his account, that's so expedient of the bank, you should sue them if you can afford it.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Jaqenhghar: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
daddytime:
Just for 3k?

What could he have told the bank judging by your narrative.
Na that one tire me.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by backnbeta(f): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
How is it different when someone who send money to your account can still went ahead and report you that the transfer is fraudulent?
Most likely scenerio: The real account holder was not the one you met, hence he was not the one that reported you. Tread carefully while trying to retrieve the account undecided
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
Born2Breed:
The person that transfered money to your account is a fraud.

The account he transfered money from does not belong to him.
Yes the person is a fraudster. And the account will certainly be owned by him or her. Because, who gets the money when transferred back? The fraudster or the account holder?
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by AceVentura: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
How daft can you be to receive money from a total stranger in the year 2020.

Your inflow came from a 3rd party account so you received proceeds of a fraudulent transaction.

Start counting your losses & pray you don’t get arrested for that transaction.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by donMIG(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
That bank dei maddd
That was how I wanted to transfer 251k it bounced back telling me my limit was 100k
After I sent 100k
They slammed a restriction on me
I cldnt transfer via ussd again
Dashed to the bank
The fools said I don't have a valid ID since 2016
R they mad?
N I opend a sub acct 2wks prior to this restriction!
Useless fucktards said I must provide the valid ID gas go house go carry ID the tin vex me they wasted my time n they felt my wrath!
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by fergieboy: 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
madridguy:
My brother if i don't know you very well i can't give you my account number and not to talk of such circumstance.

What if your offering a service and a customer wants to transfer to you

Will you reject it?

This life na God they save person

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Bigiway(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Is this after i cleared myself or now?
I went to the ATM the transaction happened yesterday to check the location of the camera but the only camera there is backing where we stood but we both used the machine that very day
. Your story not geniue, tell us you scam someone and they went ahead to report your ass.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by fotadmowmend(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Never accept transfer at ATM point from a stranger ... Miscreants now steals phone, remove the Sim and use USSD to transfer victim's fund ...... You shouldn't refund any money, get a lawyer and report to the nearest police station because if you refund the money, it might back fire on you in case if it is a robbery senerio

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by fkj950ax(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by mctfopt: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

Lol G level on you. He transferred to you from someones else account.

You cant clear yourself except you have a cogent evidence(like cctv)., contact your lawyer asap!
Since u did this in the atm premises, there should be cctv. Get the bank to open the cctv for investigation. Get your lawyer involved, if the bank claims no cctv Sue the bank.

CCTV can't really help him. Have you seen the resolution of bank's CCTV cameras? Most of them are like 1MP bad camera, you cannot really see anything clearly more than 5m away. How can the CCTV footage prove that the person he was conversing with asked him to do what he did since they don't have audio on it? He should quietly pay, if that is all that will resolve this, and learn his lesson which ain't even big considering the circumstances.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by poseidonsaiz(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
That's why before you conduct any sort of monetary transaction with a stranger, you ensure you have enough proof of transaction in case of events such as these. If you do, then feel free to confront your bank on the next step.. Otherwise, sue somebody.

Check out my signature for your Interior designs (2D/3D paints, wallpapers and panels) as well as electrical works and consultancy.

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Buharidgeneral: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
I am here to learn oo
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Princepioneer(m): 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
It happened at ATM point (GTconnect) but i want to go to the nearest branch tomorrow but before i go i am trying to seek knowledge on how to go about it. I should have solid claims because he used the ATM to withdraw moment before he transfer to me. And i used the ATM too.
With this info, the ATM machine camera and video recording must av captured his image... Go to the exact branch where the transaction took place and report yourself, ask them to replay the video from that particular ATM..

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by OBAGADAFFI: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
MistadeRegal:

The person is a fraudster but the account is his. That's what happened to a Paga Operator in my area. Some guys will come over to him, after they had gotten the money from him, they'd go to lodge a complaint to their bank and the Paga Operator have to return the money; double loss.

Now this a new format.

@OP get a lawyer involved, your case might get to the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by mctfopt: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
fergieboy:

What if your offering a service and a customer wants to transfer to you

Will you reject it?

This life na God they save person

Don't use a personal account for that, that is why businessmen use their business account. That way you don't really need to know the person transferring to you. When you use your personal account, it is assumed you know the person you are dealing with.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by fkj950ax(m): 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

too.

You wanted to make a deposit
You handed cash over to stranger at ATM
Stranger transferred to your account
Stranger reports you for fraud
Bank place restriction on your account
Bank is asking you to liaise with stranger.

These are all impossible and your story is somehow.

Bank won't restrict your account because someone reported you.
Did you steal the phone to do the transfer?
Was there a court order to effect the restriction?
How are you supposed to find the stranger or get his or her number to call and liaise?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Yusuf Fatai 'Oko Oloyun' Buried In His Hometown (Photos) / Bobby Max: Nigerian Establishes Coinbeats Lounge And Restaurant In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.