Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (76509 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
Well, i have to thank my star it was not more than this. I was in the bank today but before i went i have the knowledge "It was not "apprehend on sight".

I explained my issue and on verification, alas the account belongs to a woman but it was a guy who transfered the money to me. shocked I am not from the South so i am not familiar with the names on the account.

While i was in the bank, i was updating my Uncle who is a Barrister and he told me to let it go and just pay.

In a nutshell i have refunded the sum and the restriction has been lifted.

I have learnt my lesson. Infact this though me other lessons. As it is, no charging of phone in my office. If you want to charge, stay with your phone or get extention that will be long to serve you wherever you are. Also my plan to get a POS has been put on hold.

Thanks everyone for you individual contribution.

Special thanks to the ANON who gave me courage to go through this. May God meet you at every point of your need and give you sound health.
Bozzyironlady:
Op kon explain how your waka go for bank today, abi dem don gbam you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Well, i have to thank my star it was not more than this. I was in the bank today but before i went i have the knowledge "It was not "apprehend on sight".

I explained my issue and on verification, alas the account belongs to a woman but it was a guy who transfered the money to me. shocked I am not from the South so i am not familiar with the names on the account.

While i was in the bank, i was updating my Uncle who is a Barrister and he told me to let it go and just pay.

I have learnt my lesson. Infact this though me other lessons. As it is, no charging of phone in my office. If you want to charge, stay with your phone or get extention that will be long to serve you wherever you are. Also my plan to get a POS has been put on hold.

Special thanks to the ANON who gave me courage to go through this. May God meet you at every point of your need and give you sound health.
Thank God it was not more than this. Anyways lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by jahlove4jah: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

Thank God it ended like this.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Darlenelove: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
jahlove4jah:
Most likely the account owner must have provided a court order. But if their intention is to lure him and arrest him, they will likely not notify him .

If there’s any court order, the first thing bank will do is to restrict the account and forward the court order.

He or she has the right to see evidence of court order.
I doubt if there’s any court order

Gt bank is use to restricting customers account without a court order and most victims don’t know it’s not right and going to court would fetch them money
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by jahlove4jah: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
Darlenelove:

If there’s any court order, the first thing bank will do is to restrict the account and forward the court order.

He or she has the right to see evidence of court order.
I doubt if there’s any court order

Gt bank is use to restricting customers account without a court order and most victims don’t know it’s not right and going to court would fetch them money
@ OP was there a court order on your account?
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by MINTY1(f): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

Thank God . I am happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 1:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
How am i going to know? Am just being grateful i get out of my gullibility
jahlove4jah:
@ OP was there a court order on your account?

3 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by ayanbaba2(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

we live, we love, we learn!

myself don learn another lesson from your ordeal...

...I am happy for you!

4 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by jahlove4jah: 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
How am i going to know? Am just being grateful i get out of my gullibility
is all good bro. I was afraid for you though.

I hope those who were quick to ask him to sue also learnt as well?

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by apparentlylaw(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
That was how they were using my dad's account to receive money ...see alert 500k...700k up and down ...and they would transfer it to Thier own account ....

I just kokoma leave them ...they moved 500k and I blocked the account immediately ....

Immediately they called and I picked ...Told them I go use the money fire 2 odd SEF .....Dey just Dey curse me anyhow
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by madridguy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
e-lawyer, why not follow him to his bank and get 25% of the 50 Million. grin

Darlenelove:

You’re the one that deserves a huge slap for being so naive. So someone can’t do business without known the person if this was to be business. Have you not gone to market to purchase items and pay through transfer to the unknown seller? Have you not done a business transactions where someone you don’t know transferred money to your account without known the person? If you have not, then you’re villagic.

It’s very unprofessional and appalling on how banks in Nigeria trembles on people’s right. No one including banks have the right to block your account base on a mere allegations from another customer without a court order.

Gt bank breached bank customer relationship by restricting your account without a court order.

It’s against the Nigerian constitution in chapter four of fundamental human rights.

The constitution states nobody, institutions have any rights to seize anyone’s property without a court order. Your money is your movable property.

This is a big opportunity for you to make money.
Hire a lawyer to sue bank for breach of bank customer relationships and unlawful restriction of your account against your fundamental rights. Sue for 50 million damages.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by tomdon(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
jahlove4jah:

I agree with you.
But truth is that the OP was careless to have accepted a ussd transfer from a total stranger when there was no exchange of goods and services. The owner of the account may have been robbed of his ATM card and phone and his PIN forcefully taken.
In this instance the charge against him might be for aiding the crime since he didn't exchange any good or service that entitles him to a pay and he went ahead to receive a transfer. The actual criminal may not even be nabbed and the owner of account may have filed a police report .

Bank can't just flag an account without a strong evidence. This 3k may be a bait to get OP arrested.

If the OP story is true 100%, suing the bank should be the least of his problem. His priority should be to find out exactly the reason for flagging his account and also to see if he can mandate the bank to provide the cctv clip for the transaction in question if he can recall the time and date asap. The identity of the person that did the transfer needs to be established so that the OP can know who to sue or who not to sue.

Let me give you another example.

I was driving to my place of worship on an a clean up day with broom and shovels to join in the clean up. The police intercepted me and charged me for driving during the clean up. All effort to convince them that i was going to assist in a clean up didn't solve it .They insisted i must tip them else they charge me . I didn't have cash so I offered to do a transfer 1K. The police man was wise enough to refuse the transfer on his account. He called few area boys and asked who among them was with his atm so that he can receive the 1k transfer I have accepted to make. One of them carelessly provided his account and I made the transfer and saved the receipt on my phone.

If I should have felt bad and decide to report that as a forceful extortion, the police man won't be in the picture anymore because the area boy who obliged to provide his account may not know him personally. So the whole blame will be on him.

Conclusively,

The OP should calm down and try to cooperate with the bank so as to get to the root of the matter. If he tries to sue without thinking twice , the bank might as well accuse him of being an accomplice to the crime. Wisdom is important here.

I understand your points.
More check needs be done on the fine prints.
Left to me, the bank should go after the sender and avoid the receiver.

All this stress we're stressing sef, the flagging of the account might have nothing to do with him receiving that deposit and paying the cash. It might be that his account is flagged for some other activities he is engaged in. He needs to visit the bank for clarification
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by DEADALIVE: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
As a cyber security expert fraud forensic in particular I would strongly recommend that you avoid the bank at the moment while u take all necessary step to expose all the transactions and bank messages between the parties accounts and the banks involved on a Nigeria dailies that is if u can afford it.
thereafter copy such and send the bank multiple email for possible verification and u would also be expecting feed back and that you are ready to assist with any information they need..
after these you can visit the bank and go along with all evidence as you have tried to resolve the issue since they restrict your account base on certain info.

best of luck...
let's be careful never do an online transaction with an identity you cannot confirm like others rightly pointed out...
there are more to internet fraud than what meets the eyes.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by bdchange(m): 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
madridguy:
e-lawyer, why not follow him to his bank and get 25% of the 50 Million. grin

We are supposed to learn from every situations so you don't repeat the same mistake or be able to help someone when the opportunity presents itself. The person you quoted mocking him with 'e-lawyer' tag was just trying to explain what the law says when it comes to situations like this. Ignorance is not an excuse but at the same time we can't know everything at once, but failing to learn is not an excuse and might become a costly mistake in the future.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by RillJ(m): 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
You fell for an old but simple trick used by fraudsters

Facts:

- Your account received credit from a fraud proceed.
- The Fraud proceeds received via your account was withdrawn by you
- There is no 'third party' that transferred money to your account, your claim is unverifiable.

Hope the money is not much. Refund the amount. Give your bank authority to reverse the transaction.

We learn every day and sometimes the hard way.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by bigt2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
Tolubory:

It's like the person that did the transfer uses another person's Account to Transfer to him,
So when the Original Account Owner discovered the transaction that person need to report the case,
So the that guy fell victim of Third party Fraud.

Precaution
Don't ever Allow Unknown person to Transfer money into your account.
You will agree with me that he can still prove that if the video footage is available.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
Lol i quoted one of the customer service saying the CCTV is only meant for issues when customers claim they dont recieve fund from the ATM that it is not for this kind of issue blablabla. They keep making me feel there is no way i can get out of it if it aggravated.
bigt2:

You will agree with me that he can still prove that if the video footage is available.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
Why i was so skeptical was that i was the one who approached him and pleaded to send the money to me not otherwise. But the bottom line is i learn from my own foolishness. And thanks to this, i have wider knowledge of how some flimsy issues i do take for granted can put me into trouble if it backfire.
RillJ:
You fell for an old but simple trick used by fraudsters

Facts:

- Your account received credit from a fraud proceed.
- The Fraud proceeds received via your account was withdrawn by you
- There is no 'third party' that transferred money to your account, your claim is unverifiable.

Hope the money is not much. Refund the amount. Give your bank authority to reverse the transaction.

We learn every day and sometimes the hard way.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by RillJ(m): 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Why i was so skeptical was that i was the one who approached him and pleaded to send the money to me not otherwise. But the bottom line is i learn from my own foolishness. And thanks to this, i have wider knowledge of how some flimsy issues i do take for granted can put me into trouble if it backfire.

Very sorry you have to learn the hard way. I deal with these issues every now and then.

You probably fell into his hands.

You may request that your bank avail you of the photo of the 'defrauded individual' to see if he is the one you met at the ATM. But I suggest you be very careful here because if the case is already under Police investigation, it can easily get out of hand.

Try and resolve it so you can move one undisturbed.

My empathy!

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
Already resolved, thank you.
RillJ:

Very sorry you have to learn the hard way. I deal with these issues every now and then.

You probably fell into his hands.

You may request that your bank avail you of the photo of the 'defrauded individual' to see if he is the one you met at the ATM. But I suggest you be very careful here because if the case is already under Police investigation, it can easily get out of hand.

Try and resolve it so you can move one undisturbed.

My empathy!
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by pocohantas(f): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

Lmao!!! This is so funny.

You literally pleaded to be put in trouble.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
You can imagine...
pocohantas:

Lmao!!! This is so funny.

You literally pleaded to be put in trouble.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by JetStar: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
tomdon:

They are responsible and that is in the financial and allied matters act which is from the constitution. That is why they have a duty of kyc
I receive alerts at least once a week from people I will never meet in this life. Are you saying I should be worried and insist on kyc for them going forward before receiving funds from them?

Since people can set you up and make put you in a tight condition, then you don't have to receive any money from any random guy only to pay him cash. You might be used for money laundering. If you must collect money from another person, that money must be yours. Don't collect money on your bank account to pay the sender cash.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by tomdon(m): 7:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
JetStar:

Since people can set you up and make put you in a tight condition, then you don't have to receive any money from any random guy only to pay him cash. You might be used for money laundering. If you must collect money from another person, that money must be yours. Don't collect money on your bank account to pay the sender cash.

Tho left for me, I can still use my discretion to help anyone at the ATM.

All this stress we're stressing sef, the flagging of the OP's account may have nothing to do with him receiving that transfer and paying the cash. It might be that his account is flagged for some other activities he is engaged in. He needs to visit the bank for clarification.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by tkshittu3(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
I saw you at the bank that day while the lady at the customer care was trying to explain to u @dugbe
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by UNUKHASO: 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
YOU MEAN YOU GO TO THE ATM TO DEPOSIT MONEY AND SOMEONE TRANSFER FOR YOU WHILE YOU PAY HIM CASH .YOUR STORY IS FRAUD
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by bigt2(m): 11:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Lol i quoted one of the customer service saying the CCTV is only meant for issues when customers claim they dont recieve fund from the ATM that it is not for this kind of issue blablabla. They keep making me feel there is no way i can get out of it if it aggravated.
You can see that's a lie too...
Why on earth would they not give footage for that when they have it? grin angryundecided

Silence!
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by GASE(m): 1:22am On Mar 17, 2020
1. I don't think the person reported you.
2. He may or may not be the owner of the account in question.
3. It may be that he has been carrying fraudulent activities on the account so the account is being monitored or may be the Police Special Fraud Unit are even looking for him.
4. So transferring money from such account to you makes u a suspect.
5. What the police does when the fellow has been evading arrest or not honouring their invitation is that they will pick you then u will be used as a pointer to get the fellow in question.
6. Just as you have been advised. Go to the bank and explain what happened since the money is not much then follow whatever advice given.
7. Pls be careful of who u render help when u go d ATM stand. There are many people indulging in internet fraud. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by GASE(m): 1:29am On Mar 17, 2020
You can also go to PSFU 13 Milverton road ikoyi Lagos and seek better advice on how to go about it if truly your hands are clean. [quote author=GASE post=87506704]1. I don't think the person reported you.
2. He may or may not be the owner of the account in question.
3. It may be that he has been carrying fraudulent activities on the account so the account is being monitored or may be the Police Special Fraud Unit are even looking for him.
4. So transferring money from such account to you makes u a suspect.
5. What the police does when the fellow has been evading arrest or not honouring their invitation is that they will pick you then u will be used as a pointer to get the fellow in question.
6. Just as you have been advised. Go to the bank and explain what happened since the money is not much then follow whatever advice given.
7. Pls be careful of who u render help when u go d ATM stand. There are many people indulging in internet fraud.

You can also go to PSFU 13 Milverton road ikoyi Lagos and seek better advice on how to go about it if truly your hands are clean.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 6:14am On Mar 17, 2020
Dugbè in Port Harcourt abi? Odè!
tkshittu3:
I saw you at the bank that day while the lady at the customer care was trying to explain to u @dugbe
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Harbeeorlar(m): 6:14am On Mar 17, 2020
Your thought.
UNUKHASO:
YOU MEAN YOU GO TO THE ATM TO DEPOSIT MONEY AND SOMEONE TRANSFER FOR YOU WHILE YOU PAY HIM CASH .YOUR STORY IS FRAUD

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.