Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (95145 Views)

Abule-Ado Explosion: Lagos State Government Presents Cheques To Survivors / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation / Aerial View Of The Abule Ado Explosion In Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Getintouch2004(m): 12:27am On Mar 16, 2020
LordAzubuike:
What if it was an impact from a meteorite.. the fact that it's not common in this part of the world doesn't mean it can't happen

A huge crater would have been visibly seen around.
Think again
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2020
Really?
Fogman:

Felt the impact in Abule Egba too
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by JonOlive: 12:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Simplyleo:

Because it is right inside a residential area with high population density.

So, its impact on lives and property is very high and devastating.
Oga what he's saying isn't about the casualty number but the physical impact. This explosion caused a serious vibration all through Lagos Mainland. Windows were shattered in many building's over 5km away the explosion site. The question is, could this be more than a pipeline explosion or a heavy bomb?
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by franugo(m): 12:39am On Mar 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
o GA o, read now, don't I have entitlement to my opinions again?

Words cannot describe how foolish ur opinion is.....some people go dey mumu like say to mumu na competition.

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by LordPsalm(m): 12:40am On Mar 16, 2020
Who will believe that this is Pipeline explosion?
Boko haram striked PERIOD
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by chevkosticks(m): 12:58am On Mar 16, 2020
sexyking1:

A man, his wife, son and servant is being taken to mortuary as I type this
that may be the owner of my school lindaves just heard he, his wife and son died
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by siegfried99(m): 1:00am On Mar 16, 2020
JonOlive:

Oga what he's saying isn't about the casualty number but the physical impact. This explosion caused a serious vibration all through Lagos Mainland. Windows were shattered in many building's over 5km away the explosion site. The question is, could this be more than a pipeline explosion or a heavy bomb?

Exactly my questions too... This seems more than just a pipeline or gas.. Needs to be well investigated
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by sherlock229(m): 1:01am On Mar 16, 2020
valarmorghulis:
This isn't the first pipeline explosion in Lagos, how come this one is diff, how come this is the only one we felt the impact all over Lagos state, even as far as ogun state

I'm leaving at ibeju lekki lagos and I didn't feel any impact, I didn't even know about this until I say the news. so how it reach Ogun ?
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Akalia(m): 1:03am On Mar 16, 2020
LordAzubuike:

Lol you're the illiterate here kid. My knowledge in science and technology is one that your generation for centuries to come can never achieve. Have you ever heard of the zagami incident? If one as tiny as that could strike Nigeria how much more a little bigger one. The shock wave and blast is one that is very similar to a meteorite breaching the Earth's atmosphere. Watch natgeo or discover world, reasearch and seek knowledge online and stop wasting your time on Big brother and telemundo.
Madam stop feigning rocket scientist, clearly you ain't one. If this incident were the aftermath of a meteorite impact there will be a sizeable crater created on the earth crust among other notable features as a result of the impact.

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by cucuzee247(m): 1:26am On Mar 16, 2020
This is really sad. May the souls of the departed Rest In Peace
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Fogman(m): 1:41am On Mar 16, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Really?
Yes sir
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by RightChannel: 2:19am On Mar 16, 2020
luluman:
No wonder.Corona is affecting me.

And my generation...
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by AFONJACOW(m): 2:21am On Mar 16, 2020
The blast was felt around Lagos even neighboring state like ogun... Yoruba people should get ready for 2023... Which pipeline blast for cause this damage... Hausa/Fulani hands on this... Tinubu should explain more
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Kevinsamba: 5:45am On Mar 16, 2020
One see as e dey like place where they dropped bombs
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by shugabasbn: 6:23am On Mar 16, 2020
It is very pathetic. May God have mercy on those affected.

To be frank, we have a long way to go in this country. Ideally no structure suppose to be located very close to pipelines but in this country people are building right on the pipelines especially in Lagos n government don't care
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Tunagee(m): 6:45am On Mar 16, 2020
spokesboy:
So devastating.
The Anti-bomb squad of the Nigerian Police should conduct proper investigation. I'm sure the oil vandals must have used a high capacity explosive with the intention of damaging the pipelines to carry out their bunkering but this went out of hand.

Your point is vague...
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by valarmorghulis: 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
sherlock229:

I'm leaving at ibeju lekki lagos and I didn't feel any impact, I didn't even know about this until I say the news. so how it reach Ogun ?
Ask people in atan/otta or u can read people's comment
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2020
Ladylite:
Maaaaad ohhhhh

Pls hope lives were not lost.

This 2020 has been somehow. God keep us o

Over 15 lives were lost, I believe. Sad
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 16, 2020
franugo:

Words cannot describe how foolish my opinion is..my mumu be like say I dey mumu competition and I be their oga.
eeya sorry, I thought as mucb
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2020
This looks like the aftermath of
A bomb explosion
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by murmee: 9:01am On Mar 16, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Rumours are going around what cause the pipeline explosion might have been a technical error.liquefied natural gas or lng was pumped into the pipeline with some petrol. What this means is the pressure in the pipeline skyrocketed 22 time the normal pressure which made the pipeline into a bomb. It is not the first time nnpc has made this mistake before some of the important petrol into the country anything is added to it including liquefied natural gas
This could actually be the cause. It makes a lot of sense to me. Those who steal petrol from pipelines don't use bombs to open up the pipes because when they finish loading, they need to close the opening!
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by murmee: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2020
2shure:
Those cars don pass copart standard. So many ppl r now homeless and carless. It might be the sin of 1 man dat caused it.
To be Carless is the least of the disasters that happened in that area. Talk about deaths, injuries and homelessness!

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by slimik: 9:23am On Mar 16, 2020
Nairalanders help I lost everything as result to the pipeline explosion Thanks

ECOBANK /8103854112
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by sexyking1: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2020
chevkosticks:
that may be the owner of my school lindaves just heard he, his wife and son died
Yes and he's my uncle
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by spokesboy: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2020
The readers who are smart enough read it, understood it and liked it. Thanks
Tunagee:

Your point is vague...
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Honeydenz(f): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2020
Ladylite:
Maaaaad ohhhhh

Pls hope lives were not lost.

This 2020 has been somehow. God keep us o
Exactly what I was just about to say, 2020 is somehow I swear alot of terrible things have occurred in a short space, if I tell u what's been happening in my family u won't believe it. 2019 was filled with good news unlike 2020. God 'll see us through!

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2020
If its not BOMB then its BOMBOCLAT

LETS KEEP DECEIVING OURSELVES
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by LordAzubuike(f): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2020
Akalia:
Madam stop feigning rocket scientist, clearly you ain't one. If this incident were the aftermath of a meteorite impact there will be a sizeable crater created on the earth crust among other notable features as a result of the impact.
So if it just a building or something like that you'd still be expecting a crater in the earth crust ? grin. You people are the reason Nigeria is not developing.. you can't think outside the box. You only go to school to read theory and pass exam..
Getintouch2004
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Ladylite: 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
Honeydenz:

Exactly what I was just about to say, 2020 is somehow I swear alot of terrible things have occurred in a short space, if I tell u what's been happening in my family u won't believe it. 2019 was filled with good news unlike 2020. God 'll see us through!

Amen my sister. God just has to intervene. Even bokoharam and herdsmen are now scarce due to the virus. Politicians are no longer traveling for medical check up, they are healthy ever since the virus came out.
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Very close to my house at omo onile(abule ado) fire did not even touch those building above, that's vibration

i was going to say that most of the destroyed houses didn't look like they were burnt.
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by luluman: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
RightChannel:

And my generation...
Hackers must die by fire

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina / Asiwaju Is Coming- Channels TV / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.