Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) (4995 Views)

Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. / Gov Obi's Mall In Abj(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede 1 said:

Oh? Is there a secret about weapons you know that we're not privy to? Please explain.

Keep writing garbage. Unforeseen by whom?

If your hero could not foresee the civil war, especially given the role HE played in bringing it about (such as the little act of declaring 'independence' with no real army in place, and his ego-driven quarrel with Gowon), then what does that say about his competence?

People carry on as if the lives of those lost meant nothing.

Many of us lost close family members in that war, none of whom had access to emergency medical flights on private jets to Germany or London. 

How many of those people who perished of starvation and bombs were asked if they wanted war?

Was Ojukwu an elected leader?

Was he not a military dictator?

Abeg make we hear something jare!

If anybody is spewing garbage on this discuss, it is certainly you. How many wars have you foreseen, Mr. Olodo?  It is only in your barbaric world that innocuous act such as declaration of independence engenders a war. History most be ashamed of you.

Hahahahaha! You call unilateral declaration of independence by a region of a sovereign country an innocuous act?

Sometimes I wonder the kind of schooling that some of you guys received.  grin

Tell me what you think would happen if the state of California declared independence from the US tomorrow, declared itself a sovereign nation, and began preparing for war against the US federal government.

That day you go know say khaki no be leather. Ewu!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Dede1(m): 5:23am On Dec 24, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Dede 1 said:

Hahahahaha! You call unilateral declaration of independence by a region of a sovereign country an innocuous act?

Sometimes I wonder the kind of schooling that some of you guys received. grin

Tell me what you think would happen if the state of California declared independence from the US tomorrow, declared itself a sovereign nation, and began preparing for war against the US federal government.

Mr. Scholar, declaration of independence has never been done bilaterally as oppose to unilaterally. When I said that history did not make a dent on you, I meant every bit of the phrase. Did you realize that Texas once declared itself a republic? The union did not declare war on Texas rather the issue was settled on a conference table.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede1 said:

Quote from: ROSSIKE on Today at 05:13:59 AM
Dede 1 said:

Sometimes I wonder the kind of schooling that some of you guys received. 

Mr. Scholar, declaration of independence has never been done bilaterally as oppose to unilaterally.

It has been done multilaterally, such as in the former Soviet republics and former Yugoslavia. When you do it unilaterally you are inviting trouble especially if your region happens to be the prime source of the country's wealth. If you lack the firepower to defend that independence, rest assured, you will be crushed.

What happened in Nigeria would have happened in any other country on the earth.

When I said that history did not make a dent on you, I meant every bit of the phrase. Did you realize that Texas once declared itself a republic? The union did not declare war on Texas rather the issue was settled on a conference table.

My friend stop trying to deceive people. Texas declared independence from Mexico in the 1860s, but already bordered the USA which was only too happy to defend it if the Mexicans got nasty, and less than a decade later Texas came under the US fold! So stop comparing apples and oranges.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 5:39am On Dec 24, 2010
With regard to unilateral declarations of independence, theoretically there is no reason why war must be declared against the breakaway segment, especially if the other part of the country does not have the weapons to fight against the breakaway part or if the government of the other part just suddenly does not care, but theory is somewhat different from reality. Then again independence is not usually obtained democratically , so if one has to have it, it's probably not going to come about through bilateral talks.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED said:

With regard to unilateral declarations of independence, theoretically there is no reason why war must be declared against the breakaway segment, especially if the other part of the country does not have the weapons to fight against the breakaway part or if the government of the other part just suddenly does not care, but theory is somewhat different from reality. Then again independence is not usually obtained democratically , so if one has to have it, it's probably not going to come about through bilateral talks.

Correct. The key is military power. If you lack the power to defend that independence, don't bother declaring. That to me is the key lesson of the Biafran war. They severely overrated their strengths while grossly underestimating the power of the Nigerian military.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by PhysicsQED(m): 5:50am On Dec 24, 2010
It's really about knowing the strength of the other side. Ojukwu did actually build up arms before declaring independence, contrary to what you asserted here, but he underestimated the connections and resources of the other side.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by justise: 5:55am On Dec 24, 2010
When armed confrontation with the federal government was imminent, Ojukwu knew as a military man that the eastern region had absolutely no chance of victory in a conflict with the federal government.  Yet he declared the secession of the eastern region which he governed, in the knowledge that federal troops would invade immediately after the secession.  Although Ojukwu doubtless possessed outstanding leadership and motivational skills which he used admirably to pull his people solidly behind the war effort, it is uncertain exactly how he possibly believed that the eastern region (armed only with a few elderly World War 2 era rifles) could succeed against an enemy armed with limitless mortars, machine guns, tanks, armoured personnel carriers, trucks and air force jets.  One does not have to be a military strategist to see the folly of this decision.

At the time, there was a widely held belief (propagated by Ojukwu and other Biafran leaders) that defeat for Biafra would be met by mass indiscriminate massacres by the federal government.  If Ojukwu believed this, then his escape at the end of the war is deplorable.  After over a million Igbos were killed in the senseless war, Ojukwu fled in the last days of the war when his people were at their lowest ebb, d[b]espite repeatedly promising throughout the war that he would never leave his people to the mercy of the federal troops.[/b]  If he believed that all his people would be massacred then his flight to a luxurious exile abroad and refusal to stand side by side with them to finish a war he dragged them into, cannot be applauded.  Ojukwu is an iconic leader for his people, but has failed to deliver the aspirations of his people.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED said:

It's really about knowing the strength of the other side. Ojukwu did actually build up arms before declaring independence, contrary to what you asserted here, but he underestimated the connections and resources of the other side.

Oh of course he did get some arms together. But they were grossly insufficient for the task at hand. For goodness sakes' kids were being drafted and armed with machetes for lack of guns, and many fought barefoot for lack of boots.

I mean, how do you even start to compete in that kind of situation? Ojukwu knew this more than anyone else. Several of his top commanders warned him he was on a suicide mission. Especially Brigadier Hilary Njoku, the highest ranking Biafran officer at the time, whom he promptly placed under house arrest as a 'saboteur'.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Dede1(m): 6:03am On Dec 24, 2010
ROSSIKE:

It has been done multilaterally, such as in the former Soviet republics and former Yugoslavia. When you do it unilaterally you are inviting trouble especially if your region happens to be the prime source of the country's wealth. If you lack the firepower to defend that independence, rest assured, you will be crushed.

What happened in Nigeria would have happened in any other country on the earth.

My friend stop trying to deceive people. Texas declared independence from Mexico in the 1860s, but already bordered the USA which was only too happy to defend it if the Mexicans got nasty, and less than a decade later Texas came under the US fold! So stop comparing apples and oranges.

Granted that Texas was a breakaway republic of Mexico, but it did not necessitate immediate war with Mexico even though Mexico did not recognize it as a republic. However, the internal bickering between Houston and Lamar camps morphed into annexation by USA.

It is very lame idea to compare the disintegration of Soviet Union with 1966 secession of Biafra from Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by babapupa: 6:24am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede1:

There is no amount of intellectual bathing that will rescue a prodigal son such as you. You seemed not to be performing better than your forbearers.

Must you not save your usual meaningless garbage for you and your forefathers to read and regurgitate in your collective ruins and graves.?

Bunch of losers,
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Dede1(m): 6:25am On Dec 24, 2010
ROSSIKE:

PhysicsQED said:

Oh of course he did get some arms together. But they were grossly insufficient for the task at hand. For goodness sakes' kids were being drafted and armed with machetes for lack of guns, and many fought barefoot for lack of boots.

I mean, how do you even start to compete in that kind of situation? Ojukwu knew this more than anyone else. Several of his top commanders warned him he was on a suicide mission. Especially Brigadier Hilary Njoku, the highest ranking Biafran officer at the time, whom he promptly placed under house arrest as a 'saboteur'.  

Ojukwu, though a soldier, looked at the declaration of independence through the prism of academics. If there was any underestimation, it was the attraction of crude oil. It is completely unfounded fallacy that Biafra recruited kids whom were armed with machetes due to lack of guns and fought barefooted due to lack of boots. Most North Vietnamese soldiers fought barefooted and still defeated soldiers that wore boot.  

The defeat of Biafra was neither based on weapon sophistication nor numerical strength of the opponent but colonial master plan due to crude oil reserve in eastern region of Nigeria.  

Brig. H Njoku never warned that Ojukwu was on a suicide mission.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by bkbabe97y(m): 6:32am On Dec 24, 2010
If nothing else in the past showed me how uneducated, deceitful, lying, and horrible human beings these Ibos on here are this topic did it!

You guys are sick in the fxcuking head! Jesus! For almost a year now on NL (and about 24yrs in real life) I've heard how Ojukwu prosecuted the war from his own pocket, using his inheritance for the benefit of the Biafran people. Now, in order to canonize this freaking monster of a man, different stories are coming up! First he doesnt have money to go to the U.K on his own (meaning he's now automatically a Gen.Buhari that has just one known house to his name). . . . .  He spent all his money on the Biafran cause right?! lol. To show u monkeys how deceitful you are, one of yall even said "To the best of my knowledge he wasnt even a signatory on his father's account". . . . !!! ROFLMAO!!! How the hell are you privy to such info?!

I mean, do you guys actually believe all the nonsense you come up here spewing? Are you guys that daft? Understandably, most of yall are clearly half-educated, but even a lack of education shouldnt blind you to how folks view you. Do you actually think people believe all the bull shiyyt u chat about?

Then you say the rest of the world is jealous of Ibos. "During the war we built tunnels and bombs. . . . . ". Your mistake, u shoulda spent the war years building Play Stations and Ice Cream factories! Like what the fxuck were u expecting to build?! Dude, it was fxcuking war time, you built what u had to build!!! Ogbunigwe my as*zs!!! Assorted bombs my big, black diyyck. . . . .!!!! You guys are fxucking sick in the head!

Then, this monkey alludes to Texas' independence! That did it for me! Whats the point arguing with someone that quotes history that he's not even versed about!!! Yall need therapy, and soon too, cause yall got something really wrong with yalls collective psyche!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Ymodulus: 6:32am On Dec 24, 2010
Another Yaraduaish Sickness in the making, You cant even imagine with the whole title he his bearing, the old senile stupid selfish IGBO man could not pay to be flown abroad, when he gets well that if he even does.
[b]now i see Y my brother BEAF was right when he said that the B-A-S-T-A-R-D went to jonathan for money and when he could not force jonathan to give it to him he tried that old Hausa Almajiri illiterate General IBB who deceive himself and his Dirty Hausa's, THE FOOLS LEADING THE FOOLS.[/B].
I Will be very glad to make this man pass out on January 13th. Stupid Gbuburu my Yansh non-sense, he his now paying for those precious stupid gullible Igbo lifes lost. By the way when he his back i want to Governor to be arrested and question on where he got the money he used for all those rubbish from.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by babapupa: 6:40am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede1:

Ojukwu, though a soldier, looked at the declaration of independence through the prism of academics. If there was any underestimation, it was the attraction of crude oil. It is completely unfound fallacy that Biafra recruited kids whom were armed with machetes due to lack of guns and fought barefooted due to lack of boots. Many North Vietnamese soldiers fought barefooted and still defeated soldiers that wore boot.  

The defeat of Biafra was neither based on weapon sophistication nor numerical strength of the opponent but colonial master plain due to crude oil reserve in eastern region of Nigeria.  

Brig. H Njoku never warned that Ojukwu was on a suicide mission.    

This has got to be the daftest and d/umbest utterance ever.

According to documented history,  the Great Black Scorpion of the 3MC and OBJ whooped Biafra into submission, not the British Army.

Biafra surrendered to OBJ, not the British Army.

Talk about grand ignorance and stupidity.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by bkbabe97y(m): 6:47am On Dec 24, 2010
Dede1:

It is completely unfound fallacy that Biafra recruited kids whom were armed with machetes due to lack of guns and fought barefooted due to lack of boots.

You gotta be real crazy for the above statement. . . . like, dude, (I'm really sorry to say this): here's hoping you fall into a coma like Ojukwu so the world can be rid of ur ignorance; and u and your mentor can carry on yall's luv relationship in hell!

You dare deny a well known incident??! That does it! You lack credibility, nothing you say will ever be accepted by me without investigation. You are a damn liar!!!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 6:48am On Dec 24, 2010
babapupa:

This has got to be the daftest and d/umbest utterance ever.

According to documented history,  the Great Black Scorpion of the 3MC and OBJ whooped Biafra into submission, not the British Army.

Biafra surrendered to OBJ, not the British Army.

Talk about grand ignorance and stupidity.

You yorubas are so funny.You are the only tribe in the whole of nigeria that do absolutely nothing but come out to claim themselves as the mightiest and doers of all.ROTFLMAO!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by justise: 6:50am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

You yorubas are so funny.You are the only tribe in the whole of nigeria that do absolutely nothing but come out to claim themselves as the mightiest and doers of all.ROTFLMAO!

What do you mean?
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 6:53am On Dec 24, 2010
To bad that bastard awoloho is the only one out of the four Ojukwu,Zik,Balewa,Awoloho to never reach is goal of ruler of a country or at least one of the rulers of the country.Pathetic.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by bkbabe97y(m): 6:54am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

Dude, you aint got nothing to say you need to just STFU!!! Yall niggaz is freaking pathetic! Your parents was fucxcked up in the head and theyve transferred the madness to you guys!

Who the hell did you surrender to, as Babapupa noted above? So, what are you harping about?

I really wish yall surrendered to that hot headed Murtalab Mohammed guy. . . . after all the surrendering Biafran Officers had been butchered in Cold-Blood on live TV (and surviving Biafrans flee to the Cameroonian border), I'd love to hear you spit this rubbish you spitting on here!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 6:58am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Dude, you aint got nothing to say you need to just STFU!!! Yall niggaz is freaking pathetic! Your parents was fucxcked up in the head and theyve transferred the madness to you guys!

Who the hell did you surrender to, as Babapupa noted above? So, what are you harping about?

I really wish yall surrendered to that hot headed Murtalab Mohammed guy. . . . after all the surrendering Biafran Officers had been butchered in Cold-Blood on live TV (and surviving Biafrans flee to the Cameroonian border), I'd love to hear you spit this rubbish you spitting on here!

Please bytch nigga roughly 100,000 Biafran soldiers died in the war compare to your weak as nigerian army which lost over 200,000.Get the fuk outta here yall weak pathetic cowards.Empty azz vessels.Beat ur chest but only have air to show for all that talk.weak azz niggas.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2010
I'm gonna have a wonderful keresimesi

cool
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2010
oops wrong thread
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 7:01am On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

oops wrong thread

Odabo, scram!
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by bkbabe97y(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

Please bytch nigga roughly 100,000 Biafran soldiers died in the war compare to your weak as nigerian army which lost over 200,000.Get the fuk outta here yall weak pathetic cowards.Empty azz vessels.Beat your chest but only have air to show for all that talk.weak azz niggas.

gay! Your attempts at derailing the thread failed: in Megatons!

You tried to shift topic to Mr.Awolowo, it didnt work, nobody's biting! Stick to the topic at hand!

Deceitful Ibo monkey! See why nobody likes yall?
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

Odabo, scram!
jor jor, nitori olorun, dnt take your anger out on me. I be God?
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2010
bk.babe97y:

gay! Your attempts at derailing the thread failed: in Megatons!

You tried to shift topic to Mr.Awolowo, it didnt work, nobody's biting! Stick to the topic at hand!

Deceitful Ibo monkey! See why nobody likes yall?

Cowards. Yall talk the most shyt but cant back up nothin lol. how do u let a people wo have been starve, land destroyed,discriminated against,etc. surpass yall and in  a short peeiod of time.lol. Always worrying about the Igbo. You land is so impoverished.Hence, why everyone says you all are dirty. All yall do is talk i swear lol. Bunch of dodos. grin
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 7:08am On Dec 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

jor jor, nitori olorun, dnt take your anger out on me. I be God?

Screw you.There is no god but Allah.remember that.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by babapupa: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

I know it's ignorance betraying you, but for your information, Yoruba military men whooped biafra into submission.

Biafra surrendered to a Yoruba man.

Abeg keep these facts in mind anytime you get the urge to open mouth and begin talk as if den just release you from under cave.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

[b]Screw you.[/b]There is no god but Allah.remember that.
No thanks.
wetin concern me with God or allah?
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by chyz(m): 7:13am On Dec 24, 2010
babapupa:

I know it's ignorance betraying you, but for your information, Yoruba military men whooped biafra into submission.

Biafra surrendered to a Yoruba man.

Abeg keep these facts in mind anytime you get the urge to open mouth and begin talk as if den just release you from under cave.

Babaparapo #1 of the weak azz monkey looking tribe. You remind me of when we use to make fun of the yoruba kids in class because they were ugly. you're probably one of them,the ugliest one name Tunji. Lol. Im still wondering why yall look like that.smh. and the marks dont help neither.
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

Babaparapo #1 of the weak azz monkey looking tribe. You remind me of when we use to make fun of the yoruba kids in class because they were ugly. you're probably one of them,the ugliest one name Tunji. Lol. Im still wondering why yall look like that.smh. and the marks dont help neither.
Men on men physical classification. lol
Has it gone to that level? But your girls are humping them tho undecided
Re: Ojukwu Flown To Uk, Gov Obi Thanks All (pics) by babapupa: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

Look at this nuisance going on and on about another man's looks. What's next? Are you going to start describing my p/rick too?

F/u/c/king omo Igbo Adofuro homosexual buruku.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Accuses Jonathan Squandering Nigeria's Oil Wealth / You and your posts... / EkitiDecides2018: Supreme Court Will Sack APC's Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.