Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site (56276 Views)

Aliko Dangote Visits President Tinubu In Ikoyi Residence / Governor Zulum Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock This Afternoon / Governor Akeredolu Visits Akure Explosion Site, Gives Report Of Event (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Dollypie20(f): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2020
So, it's too much of a task for Buhari to visit Lagos in person and sympathise with the victims?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2020
FrLukas:

Do you know that he could send delegates to sites of destruction?

Releasing a terse statement doesn't cut it.

This isn't just a state problem, it is a federal problem.

I dont blame him though. I blame the governor who doesn't seem to know his place and seems to be spineless.

Flying pictures to Abuja! Can you imagine that?

So, he should send delegates to every explosion site?

And what would that achieve, rather than a waste of money?

All the survivors need now is relief, and the quicker they provide this, the better.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Ishaquine(m): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

All the survivors need now is relief, and the quicker they provide this, the better.
The lagos government is trying its best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by elisho: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2020
when is fishing competition he will go stupid president
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Okwori12(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2020
He did well, before Mr president will say he didnt know about it or hears about it
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by berrystunn(m): 10:12am On Mar 17, 2020
FrLukas:
The president can't visit the site himself?

What a president!!!

Babajide Sanwoolu is the wrong man for the job.

Seems he lacks the mental capacity to lead Lagosians.

Did Sanwo olu visit the he place??
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Ednagirl87(f): 10:19am On Mar 17, 2020
At least the Governor visited the site , let's give him credit for that. As for the president , we know he never takes anything serious, so the action of the Lagos State Governor should be excused biko, that Buhari is just there answering president for mouth , nothing to show for it . E remain small and we will be free from nonsense, hoping never to have such a president again.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by nabiz(m): 10:29am On Mar 17, 2020
LegendHer0:
Nigerians think nao. God gave us brain to decode things easily.

I’m sure APC governors had a meeting with Buhari today about Oshiomole, Sanwo-olu used that avenue to report what happened in Lagos to Pres. Buhari firsthand which might even be that he is soliciting for funding from the FG for what happened.

You think Sanwo-Olu just went there for photo ops alone without benefit?

Think think think!
you are wrong and stop twisting issues. Go back and read what he wrote word to word. Close your eyes without bias and ponder on the his choice of words, and you will realise that he intentionally went there for that purpose. He even state it there that his purpose of visiting the president is to source for fund
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Hedonisst: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2020
This man is just a joke. In fact, both men are just awful jokes.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Dereformer(m): 10:51am On Mar 17, 2020
Awol1:
Is this man a governor or a fowl?

See what godfarherism can cause.

Bros, the man you saw there is a local fowl.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Sammyblaq(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2020
So he can't visit the area affected¿.
OK. Na make una dey see o.

Well, it is time for your medical checkup abroad Sir.

I still dey wonder how person wey dey sick sick, take dey healthy overnight.

#ThereWasACountry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Omenaalanka: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Do you know that he could send delegates to sites of destruction?

Releasing a terse statement doesn't cut it.

This isn't just a state problem, it is a federal problem.

I dont blame him though. I blame the governor who doesn't seem to know his place and seems to be spineless.

Flying pictures to Abuja! Can you imagine that?
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by BigBizzy(m): 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
You will think they are working but nah...na just show ups
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by LegendHer0: 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
nabiz:
you are wrong and stop twisting issues. Go back and read what he wrote word to word. Close your eyes without bias and ponder on the his choice of words, and you will realise that he intentionally went there for that purpose. He even state it there that his purpose of visiting the president is to source for fund

Well I am not wrong. You are wrong and I’ll explain.

Sanwo-Olu killed two birds with one stone. He went to Abuja for the APC governors meeting on the issue of Oshiomhole and used the avenue to give the president first hand report on the explosion in a bid to source funding from FG. Check MURIC statement today, you will see he also said FG should support Lagos with funds.

Below is the image of Sanwo-Olu with the governors and him showing pics to the president. Can you see that he wore the same cloth?

Now apologize if you think I convince you with my explanation.

What is wrong in Sanwo-Olu sourcing for fund from the FG? Is Buhari the owner of the money or the FG?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by LegendHer0: 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
27Pushing30:

First sane comment I’ve read here , guy it’s quite obvious that most Nigerians are illiterate or autistic lol see the commenters above you na. Smh

Don’t mind them.

Below is the picture of Sanwo-Olu with his colleagues of the APC governors forum and him showing the pics to the president.

He just killed two birds with a stone.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
berrystunn:

Did Sanwo olu visit the he place??

I have no idea at all.

Maybe he visited the second day.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Omenaalanka: 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

I have no idea at all.

Maybe he visited the second day.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I understand that Nigerians expect so little of their leaders, so your comment isn't surprising to me.

I pray you will have the opportunity to travel out of the country and witness good governance first hand.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Omenaalanka: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

I understand that Nigerians expect so little of their leaders, so your comment isn't surprising to me.

I pray you will have the opportunity to travel out of the country and witness good governance first hand.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Omenaalanka: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
omenka omenka omenka omenka
come out here you impotent scumbag
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
i do not understand the insults towards sanwo olu. they make absolutely no sense. if buhari has decided he will not come to lagos, what else can sanwo olu be expected to do?

you want to knock someone for callous indifference, knock buhari - it is a real shame that he could not come down to Lagos, though some people predicted it.

Sanwo Olu is doing the best he can within the circumstances.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by izubext007: 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
Buhari is smiling on people's loss.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by RexTramadol1: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Timid pointus
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Triplerg: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
sodiqapril:
By the time sanwoolu is done with lagosians ....na ifo DM go run go..is Buhari not supposed to go to Lagos or human lives don't matter in this country again..oh I forgot no Cows were killed ..that point and kill junkie even created a gofundme account so they can cash out on people's miseries and sadness...that dead rat griller has been silent for a while.if he's on a ban, please don't unban the RoosterDrinker
You took the words out of my mouth. A failed country with a perpetually absent president
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:45am On Mar 18, 2020
FrLukas:

Read this article from the Washington Post:

Why presidents should stop showing up at disaster sites
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/09/13/why-presidents-should-stop-showing-up-at-disaster-sites/

In addition, good governace has absolutely nothing to do with a president showing up at a disaster site just as I wrote earlier. Good governace involves quick interventions when a disaster strikes.

I can't remember a certain disaster. I think it was a gun violence incident. Trump visited the area, and was booed. As far as the residents were concerned, Congress was slow in addressing the lax gun control law, and so they were not interested in the visit.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 19, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Read this article from the Washington Post:

Why presidents should stop showing up at disaster sites
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/09/13/why-presidents-should-stop-showing-up-at-disaster-sites/

In addition, good governace has absolutely nothing to do with a president showing up at a disaster site just as I wrote earlier. Good governace involves quick interventions when a disaster strikes.

I can't remember a certain disaster. I think it was a gun violence incident. Trump visited the area, and was booed. As far as the residents were concerned, Congress was slow in addressing the lax gun control law, and so they were not interested in the visit.

Are you aware that Nigeria is not the US?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by iLoveOmenka: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2020
FrLukas:

But you advised me to travel so that I can see what good governance mean.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

But you advised me to travel so that I can see what good governance mean.

Ok, you got me there.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by IrohLove: 6:26am On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Ok, you got me there.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu Visits President Buhari With Pictures From Lagos Explosion Site by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2020
FrLukas:

Ok, you got me there.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oludamilola Osinbajo To Wed Oluseun Bakare, VP Announces Engagement Of Daughter / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Trump's Appointment Of Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian / The New Electricity Tariffs From July 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.