Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) (33445 Views)

Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees / Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) / Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Mrfeel:

How many industries does ondo have, compared to the ones in anambra?

you have to go and check Manufacturers Association of Nigeria index for that cos I don't deal in empty noise making.. and Ondo is home to Oil and Gas industry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by gideonuche(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Is that Obiase sorry Obiano
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 10:47am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

Ondo is 100 years ahead of Anambra in almost everything... you don't even have common airport or good roads while Ondo boost of an Airport, a Seaport (under construction) and even good road, not even mere fire fighting equipments
Developments in Awka alone is far ahead of Ondo as a whole talk more of Anambra generally

12 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mutemenot(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
@ , please look at this threat created some months back

https://www.nairaland.com/5287137/okija-youths-spotted-work-damaged

I visited this same road some days back, the slow nature of work there is inhuman. Remind whoever is in charge of ministry of works or commissioner for works to pay a visit to the site.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by drnoel: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:

If Lagos will have Eko Convention Centre, why Anambra will not build international conference center for eastern region?

Nwanne! Was just a question that needed clarification. If such a project would better the lives of people and bring jobs then why not? After all what has Lagos Eko convention centre done for Lagos?
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

you have to go and check Manufacturers Association of Nigeria index for that cos I don't deal in empty noise making.. and Ondo is home to Oil and Gas industry
I challenge you to post industries in Ondo let compare with Anambra State

2 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mftivi: 10:50am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

Ondo is 100 years ahead of Anambra in almost everything... you don't even have common airport or good roads while Ondo boost of an Airport, a Seaport (under construction) and even good road, not even mere fire fighting equipments
Please actually visit Anambra and stop making a fool of yourself here!

9 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mrfeel: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

My friend remove oil, tell me the industries ondo has compared to anambra, I don't deal with empty noise making too , what manufacturing industries does ondo have? What do they manufacture ?

8 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2020
drnoel:

Nwanne! Was just a question that needed clarification. If such a project would better the lives of people and bring jobs then why not? After all what has Lagos Eko convention centre done for Lagos?
Not just Jobs even enough revenue to the state.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:

Developments in Awka alone is far ahead of Ondo as a whole talk more of Anambra generally

base on what index metrics? you don't have an Airport, no Seaport, Manufacuters Association of Nigeria index doesn't rate you, you don't have federal instiutions nor private

Federal University of Technology, Akure Akure
Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko ...
Elizade University Ilara-Mokin

all you do is just make empty unconfirmable noise.. even when my ibo friends want to go home in anambra during December they say I am going to the village and they run off as soon as January 1 reaches

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by okeyumez(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2020
in Nigeria, Abia state is a curse
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 10:53am On Mar 17, 2020
Mrfeel:

My friend remove oil, tell me the industries ondo has compared to anambra, I don't deal with empty noise making too , what manufacturing industries does ondo have? What do they manufacture ?

well largest Cassava Processing Plant in Nigeria,producing ethanol and starch and other chemicals is one of too many

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 17, 2020
Instead of Building Hospitals and Schools and Technology Centers, he is building Conference Center.

Where is their brains? Politicians are the most foolish humans.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2020
Drunk
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mrfeel: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

well largest Cassava Processing Plant in Nigeria,producing ethanol and starch and other chemicals is one of too many

grin grin pathetic is that all?

3 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2020
johnmattew:
buildings ICC when ur people are languishing in poverty?

misplaced priority
Anambra is doing great in education sector, health sector, and all human development index.

Anambra have the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 10:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:

I challenge you to post industries in Ondo let compare with Anambra State

am not that jobless kid, I don't post picture for picture wars about city, if I cant state facts I don't litter cyber space with pictures like inferiority complex having immature kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by able20(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2020
iberrylee:
International conference center to do what?? Of what benefit is this shit to the masses when he can renovate all clinic and hospital across the state with that money
tell the man oh.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided Atleast obiano has projects under construction,but how much could be said about his brother,the governor of my beloved delta state,ifeanyi okowa...as far as i'm concerned,ifeanyi okowa is the worst governor in the whole of south/south..
I agreed with you. Am wondering if Asaba is truly the headquarter of Delta State or Warri.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2020
Mrfeel:

grin grin pathetic is that all?

why not visit for yourself ? you think I am jobless kid who would engage in picture war and chestbeating? grin a place without an airport is technically a village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by SEGLIZ: 10:57am On Mar 17, 2020
Mrfeel:

How many industries does ondo have, compared to the ones in anambra?

is it a curse to have more?
do you mean you this mediocre.
nothing stops a man in ananbra from condemning what the governor in ogun is doing wrong. directly or indirectly you are share holder.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by AstroG: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:
Governor Willie Obiano accompanied by the Commissioner for Housing, Arc. Michael M. Okonkwo inspected the progress of work on the ultra modern Anambra 10,000 capacity International Conference Centre located in Agu Awka, the state capital.

The contractor, ZTC briefed the Governor on the level of work done so far. He said; "building structure is ready to be roofed. But the shipment of the steel structural sections from China are delayed because of the Coronavirus pandemic. The first set of shipment of the steel structural sections, however, are in the shores of Nigeria and will soon reach the site so that the roof installations will commence in earnest".

" Finishing processes are currently going on viz; screeding of internal partition walls, pulling of wires, installation of central air conditioning rough-ins, preparations for escalator positions and others".

Continuing, he said; "perimeter fencing is ongoing with desirable speed; latrite filings for proper leveling of the site is massively going on, while the setting out for the internal site drainage network construction has commenced".

After the inspection, Governor Obiano commended the contractor, ZTC, for progress made so far but urged increase in the pace of work. Moreover, he applauded the contractor's employment of day-and-night work schedule to make up the delay caused by the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic.

The contractor assured him of his resolve to close the gap caused by the resultant effect of the Coronavirus pandemic and deliver the project very close to the desired delivery date.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Nathphil(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:
Obiano’s Six Years of Purposeful Leadership

As Governor Willie Obiano marks his six years in office today, one thing that comes to mind is the saying that ‘morning shows the day.’ Obiano’s First Hundred Days in Office clearly showed him as a surefooted leader who had diagnosed the leadership illness of his people and had came to work armed with the right prescription for the ailment.

Unlike what we see these days, Obiano did not waste time in settling down to business. He knew too well, the inherent capacity of Ndi Anambra to transform their environment. However, unlike his predecessors, he was quick to figure out that Ndi Anambra would not take ownership of their state if it was left broken and unsafe. He knew that the silent pain had always been the unfettered audacity of criminals across the state…and that until the audacity was hacked away, no meaningful development would take place in the state. It was clear as daylight to him that a society which went to sleep at 4pm for fear of the underworld was a society in chains and one in which real progress would hesitate to take roots. So, he wasted no time to tighten the noose on security and that has served as a precursor to Anambra’s hopeful narrative of change in the past six years.

To be sure, anyone who is familiar with South East Nigeria would know that the Igbo are passionately attached to their homeland. The Igbo wanderlust and intense attachment to the homeland is captured in the saying that “obialu ije nwe una” and “eje ana bu isi ije.” But nowhere is this emotional attachment as strong as in Anambra State. That is why Anambra usually turns into a big carnival at Christmas. Ndi Anambra will always find their way home for Christmas. Sadly, many people could not do that for years because Anambra was unsafe. Only people who could afford a large battalion of battle-ready policemen visited home to sprite their aging parents away to safer places. But Obiano has changed that and restored the legendary Anambra pride.

Indeed, Governor Obiano did more than restore the people’s pride. He actually re-imagined the New Anambra and worked hard to bring his dream to pass. Anyone who is aware that Obiano’s stated mission in government is “to create a socially stable, business friendly environment that will attract both indigenes and foreigners to wealth creating opportunities” will not dispute that the governor has excelled in his mission. Anambra is socially stable and business-friendly today. In the past six years, Anambra has attracted a large number of indigenous entrepreneurs and some foreigners to the local business space. In much the same way, Obiano has continued to expand the frontiers of wealth creation in Anambra State right from his first week in office. The Anambra Small Business Agency (ASBA) has produced a large number of enthusiastic entrepreneurs and won the governor a Presidential Award for the support of SMEs. The ease of doing business has been boosted in a considerable way by the creation of Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA). Similarly, the recent hosting of the Nigeria Police Games was a big Christmas gift to small businesses in the state. So many restaurants, bars, hotels, supermarkets in Awka have confirmed that their businesses experienced a high patronage during the games. That is the business of government; to create a fertile ground for dreams to bloom.

Governor Obiano has also left a big imprint on Awka the state capital. Awka has evolved a 24-hour lifestyle and a booming night economy. Indeed, Obiano has successfully recreated the social environment of Anambra State and unleashed a social harmony that was once a wishful thought among the people. A visit to Anambra State on any given weekend is enough to get a fair idea of the emerging social circuit.

And who can deny that in six years, governor Obiano has made Anambra State a reference point in Agriculture? Who can deny the immense economic value of Coscharis Rice Farms and Mills or the popular Anambra Rice or the massive impact of JOSAN Rice Farms and Mills? Which worker in Anambra State is not happy with the fact that Anambra is the first state to pay the new Minimum Wage? Which black African is not proud of the five school girls from Regina Pacis Secondary School Onitsha that defeated China, US, Spain, Turkey and Uzbekistan to win the Gold Medal in Technovation at the Silicon Valley? And who can dispute that all these great achievements were recorded under Governor Willie Obiano.

And as the once colourless Sir Alex EKwueme Square transforms into a showpiece sporting complex, as the magnificent International Conference Centre begins to impose itself on the Awka landscape and finally; as the Anambra International Cargo Airport begins to emerge from its foundations at Umueri, it is increasingly becoming impossible to deny that Governor Willie Obiano has changed Anambra State in six years.

Congratulations on your 6th year in office!
James Eze

Sir Alex Ekwueme square sports facilities
That is a welcome development. It seems you are close to the government, if so help us voice our disdain about the multiple taxation by touts especially at Nkpor axis. The private schools are on warning strike because of this. Thank you and God bless Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Emmanuelhector(m): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

States like ondo should be compared with the likes of Ebonyi , abia in the SE

3 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2020
If its done by a politician then i git nothing 2 say na him work but a citizen for the common good of all then he will get all my praise.....................
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
States like ondo should be compared with the likes of Ebonyi , abia in the SE

so you mean ebonyi and abia village has an airport and two federal instituition, a private university, under going seaport, Oil and Gas Industry

better think like someone with sense.. even Anambra is regarded as village by ibos in southwest.. they say I want to go to my village in anambra, and when you tell the to fly in like Ondo people do they tell you they don't have an airport but just a narrow bridge

ondos IGR would buy off Ebonyi and Abia and still have change to buy some part of imo state

5 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mrfeel: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

why not visit for yourself ? you think I am jobless kid who would engage in picture war and chestbeating? grin a place without an airport is technically a village

My friend don't change the topic simply mention the industries and factories in ondo you claim out number the ones in anambra, you pathetically mentioned cassava processing plant which anambra has too, my friend you are pathetic , shut your mouth

9 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by stanluiz(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

So ibadan, oshogbo, ado ekiti, abeokuta are villages because they don't have airport cheesy cheesy
So accroding to you , any city that doesn't not have airport is a village ? Stop displaying your foolishness online.

Is like you are from kamuru ibadan where people don't think cheesy grin

14 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2020
Vortex369:
Instead of Building Hospitals and Schools and Technology Centers, he is building Conference Center.

Where is their brains? Politicians are the most foolish humans.
Anambra have enough hospitals, three teaching hospitals, Nnamdi Azikiwe University teaching hospital Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University teaching hospital Awka, Tansia University teaching hospital Aguleri, many missions hospitals across the State, general hospital and health centers, Anambra has been experiencing injection of novel innovations. The State as a whole is luxuriating in the extraordinary and efficient leadership style In fact, Anambra won World Technovation Challenge in California, USA, to Bronze in Sciences in Tunisia, MSME Most Supportive State in Nigeria, best state in immunisation, institutionalization of governance and several others.

9 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2020
Mrfeel:

My friend don't change the topic simply mention the industries and factories in ondo you claim out number the ones in anambra, you pathetically mentioned cassava processing plant which anambra has too, my friend you are pathetic , shut your mouth

I will answer you the moment you list all the industry in Anambra, atleast I mention one, you too take the reply and mention all in Anambra village without airport
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by AmazingELixir: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2020
undecided

Is there another definition of world class cos I'm not understanding
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 11:07am On Mar 17, 2020
stanluiz:
So ibadan, oshogbo, ado ekiti, abeokuta are villages because they don't have airport cheesy cheesy
So accroding to you , any city that doesn't not have airport is a village ? Stop displaying your foolishness online.

Is like you are from kamuru ibadan where people don't think cheesy grin

Ibadan has an airport in alakia and another airforce air strip akobo so stop displaying foolishness here... google search the prerequisites of what makes a town , a city and a village and come back here to correct ignorant self

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Maiduguri For Episcopal Church Ordinaton (Pictures) / Ganduje: Tinubu Has Agreed To Pick A Muslim Deputy / Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.