Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) (33466 Views)

Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees / Onitsha Erosion: Governor Obiano Visits Site For The Second Time(photos ) / Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by MrALIVE: 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
6 wasteful years with little or nothing to show for it.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Chibuking1402(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

so you mean ebonyi and abia village has an airport and two federal instituition, a private university, under going seaport, Oil and Gas Industry

better think like someone with sense.. even Anambra is regarded as village by ibos in southwest.. they say I want to go to my village in anambra, and when you tell the to fly in like Ondo people do they tell you they don't have an airport but just a narrow bridge

ondos IGR would buy off Ebonyi and Abia and still have change to buy some part of imo state
Please go and check the meaning of village in dictionary...it doesn't mean an underdeveloped geographical area. Every one hailed from a particular village no matter how urban or developed they're. Thanks

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by ChimaAgbalajob: 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
Anambralstson:

I guess you where baby nursing when he commissioned this hospital last year, some human with low memory, Obiano has covered every sectors

Bro, please save your breath on these mentally deranged Nigerians!

I was just about to type "WHERE ARE THE ADVISERS"?? That will tell you how the money would be used for 50 boreholes and 20 nomadic primary schools. The silly punks that will shamelessly ignore their horrible states and their governors to come and advise Igbos on how to develop.

Some Nigerians are the sickest people on earth
. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Freshmaxi: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
all this useless people talking trash here should Tell us their state of origin let's compare.....obiano is doing well more than many state governors... His regime will end well if he achieved all this ongoing projects like Anambra Cargo international airport at umueri,,,,Awka millennium city,,,,,Awka international conference centre_,,_dualization of 3-3,nkwelle otuocha road..... International conference centre is a welcome development in any state....we need it in our great state...

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by GrandMufti: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
profsomebody have you solved the issue?

Add me on telegram t3lok3
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Eagleboney(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
johnmattew:
buildings ICC when ur people are languishing in poverty?

misplaced priority
Na ur people dey,
languish in poverty
Anambra has one of the smallest number of poor people in naija,

Stop exposing ur idiosyncrasies and ignorance

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Eagleboney(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

base on what index metrics? you don't have an Airport, no Seaport, Manufacuters Association of Nigeria index doesn't rate you, you don't have federal instiutions nor private

Federal University of Technology, Akure Akure
Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko ...
Elizade University Ilara-Mokin

all you do is just make empty unconfirmable noise.. even when my ibo friends want to go home in anambra during December they say I am going to the village and they run off as soon as January 1 reaches
undoubtedlyyour exhibition of folly is beyond comprehension,
So there are no rural communities in ondo??

Stop disgracing urelf nah
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Eagleboney(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

so you mean ebonyi and abia village has an airport and two federal instituition, a private university, under going seaport, Oil and Gas Industry

better think like someone with sense.. even Anambra is regarded as village by ibos in southwest.. they say I want to go to my village in anambra, and when you tell the to fly in like Ondo people do they tell you they don't have an airport but just a narrow bridge

ondos IGR would buy off Ebonyi and Abia and still have change to buy some part of imo state
Lol,ur mumu dey overflow,
But EBONYI is doing wonders with the little they have,
Keep exposing ur idiosyncrasies
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by MrSly(m): 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
Citytrend:
Others are Building a world class stadium when others are Busy Building Business Centre for the rich few
It is a pity for you. Fortunately not everyone has misplaced priorities.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Cherez: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
iberrylee:
International conference center to do what?? Of what benefit is this shit to the masses when he can renovate all clinic and hospital across the state with that money
My dear, I just kept to myself else NL guys go fire me.
These structures should come after proper health structures, academic walls, skill acquisition and road infrastructures have been erected.
Railways are needed; even if you can't fully fund it you can lay the roadmap and just kick it off sincerely and even the next govt seeing the sincerity will push it.
What's the merit of this edifice to the common man if not to brag with empty stomachs?
Btw, Abu m nwa ama ala.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Babyface69(m): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:

I hope u know that Imo state is the 5th richest in Nigeria, and its GDP can buy up Ondo.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 18, 2020
Eko Convention Center hosts over 100,000 people per year and generates around 1 billion in revenue per year. It creates thousands of direct and indirect jobs.

The Convention Center in Awka can do the same for the South-East by hosting events such as:

- Internataional Conferences
- National Entertainment Events
- Professional Association Conventions
- Political Meetings and Conventions
- Business Trade Exhibitions
- State and Zonal Strategic Retreats
- High Society Weddings

drnoel:

Nwanne! Was just a question that needed clarification. If such a project would better the lives of people and bring jobs then why not? After all what has Lagos Eko convention centre done for Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by drnoel: 7:43am On Mar 18, 2020
mktinsight:
Eko Convention Center hosts over 100,000 people per year and generates around 1 billion in revenue per year. It creates thousands of direct and indirect jobs.

The Convention Center in Awka can do the same for the South-East by hosting events such as:

- Internataional Conferences
- National Entertainment Events
- Professional Association Conventions
- Political Meetings and Conventions
- Business Trade Exhibitions
- State and Zonal Strategic Retreats
- High Society Weddings

Wonderful, then it's a nice idea.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Saintly01(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2020
Anambralstson:
Obiano’s Six Years of Purposeful Leadership

As Governor Willie Obiano marks his six years in office today, one thing that comes to mind is the saying that ‘morning shows the day.’ Obiano’s First Hundred Days in Office clearly showed him as a surefooted leader who had diagnosed the leadership illness of his people and had came to work armed with the right prescription for the ailment.

Unlike what we see these days, Obiano did not waste time in settling down to business. He knew too well, the inherent capacity of Ndi Anambra to transform their environment. However, unlike his predecessors, he was quick to figure out that Ndi Anambra would not take ownership of their state if it was left broken and unsafe. He knew that the silent pain had always been the unfettered audacity of criminals across the state…and that until the audacity was hacked away, no meaningful development would take place in the state. It was clear as daylight to him that a society which went to sleep at 4pm for fear of the underworld was a society in chains and one in which real progress would hesitate to take roots. So, he wasted no time to tighten the noose on security and that has served as a precursor to Anambra’s hopeful narrative of change in the past six years.

To be sure, anyone who is familiar with South East Nigeria would know that the Igbo are passionately attached to their homeland. The Igbo wanderlust and intense attachment to the homeland is captured in the saying that “obialu ije nwe una” and “eje ana bu isi ije.” But nowhere is this emotional attachment as strong as in Anambra State. That is why Anambra usually turns into a big carnival at Christmas. Ndi Anambra will always find their way home for Christmas. Sadly, many people could not do that for years because Anambra was unsafe. Only people who could afford a large battalion of battle-ready policemen visited home to sprite their aging parents away to safer places. But Obiano has changed that and restored the legendary Anambra pride.

Indeed, Governor Obiano did more than restore the people’s pride. He actually re-imagined the New Anambra and worked hard to bring his dream to pass. Anyone who is aware that Obiano’s stated mission in government is “to create a socially stable, business friendly environment that will attract both indigenes and foreigners to wealth creating opportunities” will not dispute that the governor has excelled in his mission. Anambra is socially stable and business-friendly today. In the past six years, Anambra has attracted a large number of indigenous entrepreneurs and some foreigners to the local business space. In much the same way, Obiano has continued to expand the frontiers of wealth creation in Anambra State right from his first week in office. The Anambra Small Business Agency (ASBA) has produced a large number of enthusiastic entrepreneurs and won the governor a Presidential Award for the support of SMEs. The ease of doing business has been boosted in a considerable way by the creation of Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA). Similarly, the recent hosting of the Nigeria Police Games was a big Christmas gift to small businesses in the state. So many restaurants, bars, hotels, supermarkets in Awka have confirmed that their businesses experienced a high patronage during the games. That is the business of government; to create a fertile ground for dreams to bloom.

Governor Obiano has also left a big imprint on Awka the state capital. Awka has evolved a 24-hour lifestyle and a booming night economy. Indeed, Obiano has successfully recreated the social environment of Anambra State and unleashed a social harmony that was once a wishful thought among the people. A visit to Anambra State on any given weekend is enough to get a fair idea of the emerging social circuit.

And who can deny that in six years, governor Obiano has made Anambra State a reference point in Agriculture? Who can deny the immense economic value of Coscharis Rice Farms and Mills or the popular Anambra Rice or the massive impact of JOSAN Rice Farms and Mills? Which worker in Anambra State is not happy with the fact that Anambra is the first state to pay the new Minimum Wage? Which black African is not proud of the five school girls from Regina Pacis Secondary School Onitsha that defeated China, US, Spain, Turkey and Uzbekistan to win the Gold Medal in Technovation at the Silicon Valley? And who can dispute that all these great achievements were recorded under Governor Willie Obiano.

And as the once colourless Sir Alex EKwueme Square transforms into a showpiece sporting complex, as the magnificent International Conference Centre begins to impose itself on the Awka landscape and finally; as the Anambra International Cargo Airport begins to emerge from its foundations at Umueri, it is increasingly becoming impossible to deny that Governor Willie Obiano has changed Anambra State in six years.

Congratulations on your 6th year in office!
James Eze

Sir Alex Ekwueme square sports facilities
Thank you for all your wonderful updates, please we will like to see the stage of work at the Umueri Airport now. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Saintly01(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2020
Anambralstson:
Anambra International Cargo Airport begins to emerge from its foundations at Umueri, pictures will grace front page soon
I can't wait to see pictures soon. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by AmuDimpka: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2020
Saintly01:

Thank you for all your wonderful updates, please we will like to see the stage of work at the Umueri Airport now. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
the airport is audio
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Anambralstson: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:
the airport is audio
I guess you will serve me with three bottles of Hero when we start releasing the pictures, if you are around we can drive to the site,Craneburg Construction Company is the company handling the project a German company based in Lagos, they are the company Ambode used for for the construction of Lekki/Epe road

2 Likes

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided Atleast obiano has projects under construction,but how much could be said about his brother,the governor of my beloved delta state,ifeanyi okowa...as far as i'm concerned,ifeanyi okowa is the worst governor in the whole of south/south..

TBH, you're not far from the truth, the man lacks vision.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:36am On Mar 18, 2020
iammo:

Ondo is 100 years ahead of Anambra in almost everything... you don't even have common airport or good roads while Ondo boost of an Airport, a Seaport (under construction) and even good road, not even mere fire fighting equipments

Joker!
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by XANDERBOY85: 2:52am On Mar 19, 2020
Anambralstson:

I guess you will serve me with three bottles of Hero when we start releasing the pictures, if you are around we can drive to the site,Craneburg Construction Company is the company handling the project a German company based in Lagos, they are the company Ambode used for for the construction of Lekki/Epe road

So they've dispensed with the services of the Chinese coy they initially said would provide part of the funds and build it themselves? If so, it means the state gov't would have had to sign an entirely new MOU and contract with the new German coy, and the costing would have changed. I suspect an entirely new model is being built....and at a drastically reduced cost from the initial $2 Billion Chinese model.

All this conjecture is because we've been left in the dark regarding the new airport.
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Tweiker: 11:52am On Mar 21, 2020
iammo:

Olufoam & Plastic Industries Ltd

Address: Km 1, Akure/Owo Express Road, Akure, Ondo State.

Model Production

Address: 84 ,Aroromi Street, Araromi, Akure South, Ondo, Nigeria

Nigerian Bottling Company (Nbc) Plc

Address: 5, Owe'akala Street, Akure, Akure South, Ondo, Nigeria

Master D Group Of Company

Sub-category: Appliances and Equipment, Engineering and Construction

Address: Adeyemi College Road Ondo West Ondo Nigeria

Master D Group Of Company

Sub-category: Appliances and Equipment, Engineering and Construction

Address: Adeyemi College Road Ondo West Ondo Nigeria

T And T Royal Company

Industrial Powder Mettalurgy, Textiles and Materials

Address: Ilula Akure South Ondo Nigeria

S O Commercial Agency And Company

Paints manufacturing

Address: 30, Ondo Bye Pass, Ondo Road, Akure South, Ondo, Nigeria

Yrs Company Limited

Paints manufacturing

Address: 30, Iromu Street, Akure North, Ondo, Nigeria

Danedosa And Company

Address: Block CLA 3 And 4, Ondo State Industrial Park, Ilesha-Owo Express Way, Akure, Akure South, Ondo, Nigeria

Axiva Sichem Biotech

Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals company

Address: Ondo

that's just Akure alone.. better ask around rather than forming local village champion in a place without an airport

Don't mind MrFeel.
He didn't really do his research well if not he would have been able to list Trucks, paint, gadgets and plastic manufacturing companies like you did.
Them plenty for Nnewi, big and small
Most of these fake stuff in the market comes from the small private firms there
Emeka and sons Limited. Na them

Can you pls tell me how many indigenous billionaires are there in Akure?
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Mrfeel: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2020
And to think most of the companies he mentioned are not indigenous owned but branches

Tweiker:

Don't mind MrFeel.
He didn't really do his research well if not he would have been able to list Trucks, paint, gadgets and plastic manufacturing companies like you did.

1 Like

Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by iammo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2020
Tweiker:

Don't mind MrFeel.

Michael Ade-Ojo Elizade groups (Toyota assembling plant, university and many more) Jimoh Ibrahim (Niccon groups) both are forbes verified business men and not emeka and sons criminal ventures and noise making chestbeaters
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2020
Those who are too stubborn to heed words of wisdom will die like flies in Nigeria under the agenda planned for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58EByaQ1zo
Re: International Conference Centre: Obiano Visits Project Site In Awka.(photos) by Tweiker: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
iammo:

Michael Ade-Ojo Elizade groups (Toyota assembling plant, university and many more) Jimoh Ibrahim (Niccon groups) both are forbes verified business men and not emeka and sons criminal ventures and noise making chestbeaters

Lol only two can compare to Mr. Emeka and his biz is fake sef grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.