Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn (1850 Views)

Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' / Four Abia Governorship Candidates Join PDP, Declare Support For Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Abagworo(m): 9:13am On Dec 24, 2010
The past governor of Imo State, Chief Achike Udenwa, and Senator Ifeanyi Ararume seeking election into the governorship office of the state under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), have finally dumped the ruling party for Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). While Chief Udenwa resigned his membership of the party to contest for the Orlu Senatorial seat under ACN, Ararume is leaving to actualize his governorship ambition in the same party. LEADERSHIP authoritatively gathered that Udenwa, a former minister of commerce and industry, had in a letter addressed to the chairman of PDP in Amaifeke ward in Orlu LGA, Imo state, which were served both the state and national secretariats of the party,said that he resigned his membership of the party with effect from last Monday, December 20 , 2010. Meanwhile, arrangements have been perfected by the leadership of ACN to receive over 200 PDP leaders were cross carpeting into the ACN in a rally scheduled to hold today at the Dan Anyiam Stadium, Owerri, Imo state. It was also gathered that ex-governor of Lagos State, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, the re-elected National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, the four ACN governors, namely Governors Adams Oshomole, Babatunde Raji Fashola, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Engr. Rauf Aregbeshola and other prominent leaders of the party will storm the state for the rally.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by justise: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2010
A welcome development!
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Abagworo(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2010
@justise.Are you Aigbofa?
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by udennaa: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2010
Acn in imo state?god forbid! make pdp continue instead.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2010
udennaa:

Wait till the party of the future takes over your land. grin grin grin
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2010
udennaa:

I refuse to believe that you are from Imo.There is a true wind of change blowing in Nigeria and we have to embrace it.

My reservations are however in the movement of high profile PDP members to other parties.Ain't that the same wolves in a new clothing?
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by udennaa: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2010
^How is acn party of the future,because it has 3 states in sw n 1 in ss?wait till pdp takes over lagos n maybe one or two more from them in 2011,then you can say that again.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by justise: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2010
Abagworo:

@justise.Are you Aigbofa?

Some say I am Sefago, others think I am Aigbofa

No, I am not Aigbofa

I am Yoruba though!
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2010
Abagworo:

I refuse to believe that you are from Imo.There is a true wind of change blowing in Nigeria and we have to embrace it.

My reservations are however in the movement of high profile PDP members to other parties.Ain't that the same wolves in a new clothing?
In as much as those decampees are not coming to take over the soul of the party,i will subscribe to their dumping of the pdp.decamping shouldn't be about abandoning a political party simply because they didn't make you their candidate,it should also entail ideological change.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by justise: 10:54am On Dec 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

In as much as those decampees are not coming to take over the soul of the party,i will subscribe to their dumping of the pdp.decamping shouldn't be about abandoning a political party simply because they didn't make you their candidate,it[b] should also entail ideological change.[/b]

Unfortunately, the political atmosphere in Nigeria does not operate like that, I bet that the reason they are decamping is far from anything "ideological."

Two things come to mind as to why they may be decamping:

1.) It could be that they are no more wanted in the PDP, and as such are decamping in order to seek political relevance elsewhere. In that situation, the question is: why ACN, why not PPA or APGA?

2.) Also, it could be that, going by recent events, they may have come to the conclusion that PDP is a sinking ship, and, are thereby jumping just so they do not drown

Either ways, they are doing it for their own selfish reason.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by okosodo: 11:21am On Dec 24, 2010
They are not needed in ACN
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nsiman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2010
Cross carpeting can never solve nigeria's problem except the electorates
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by omongbati4: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
This is just like a lion changing to a leopard. Still a canivorous animal.
No be ACN wey THIEF Tinubu dey inside?
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Rhino5dm: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

"Shure shure bata hana mutuwa"

May PDP never have the strength to rise again.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ These people are choosing to wait till 2 minutes to election to switch parties and people are convinced it is for good? When do we wake up to the fact that they are most likely only doing it so they can continue in power. They are probably not interested in what you are and are not bothered if PDP goes down as long as they can remain in power. And it is most likely the case that no matter how good a party you think they are moving to, nothing will change.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by jason123: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2010
ACN is an ideology not just any political party like PDP. ACN is a party of change! So I do not support de-camping without change of mentality! We the citizens of Nigeria are tired of recycled leaders. UP RIBADU, UP BUHARI, UP ACN!!! If you do not like ACN in your land, go and die!!! My igbo brothers are tired and WE want change unlike PPA and APGA.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by chyz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
All of the crook are headed to ACN.Lol. bravo.What do you expect when a thief Tinubu is headed the party. grin
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by slap1(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
If ACN hopes to achieve popularity in Imo State, then Ifeanyi Ararume is surely NOT the right person to present to Ndi Imo. APGA is presenting Rochas Okorocha and they're sailing with Ararume . . . well, to each their own. Personally, I won't vote for Ararume.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

All of the crook are headed to ACN.Lol. bravo.What do you expect when a thief Tinubu is headed the party. grin
Ode
He still your papa money abi ?
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by chyz(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ode
He still your papa money abi ?

You say We,as if your are an acn card holder Oba Jealousy #1.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nsiman(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
These people that corrupted pdp are now heading to corrupt other parties. I dey laughooo with tears
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2010
ACN is a party of ideology? Pray tell what that ideology is? Taking power from the PDP /Sticking it to the PDP?

No one party, not ACN or APGA has shown itself a party of the people to this date. We should stop fooling ourselves that politicians switching parties will do us, the Nigerian people any good in all this. Again, moving confirmed failures to new bottles with, a shiny facade, if you will, will not help solve the problem the Nigerian people have been dealing with.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by slap1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Political parties are like conveyor-belts that drive political ambition, not a remote-controller. ACN is now seen as great mainly because of BRF's giant strides (which is still possible with PDP - see Akwa Ibom State). The problem is with the individual, not the party.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by apoti(m): 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
PDP - the sinking ship, up ACN!!!
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
We are no where near the point where we vote parties. We need to vote people . , . PDP and ACN has thought us that much. The least we can do is learn the lesson and apply what we have learnt.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
chyz:

You say We,as if your are an acn card holder Oba Jealousy #1.
Your opinion would have been different if na PPA or APGA they go abi ?
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Rhino5dm: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
You cant keep on comparing individualism with collectivism. As such when PDP goes down, there is all chances of having small political movement, be it regional, state or even at local level.
    believe you me,  the change is going to be slowly but a succesful one.

>>> take a look at the people in PDP and tell me that anything good that came out of them.

>>>The change we are looking for cannot come from PDP IMO.

Tutti cambiare PDP!
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by jumobi1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
This is because Ararume can't win governorship with Ohakim in PDP.
Udenwa and Ohakim are no more cool. When they were cool, Ohakim nominated Udenwa as MInister right after he just got done as governor. Now he isn't a minister, he wants to make the next move he can to get back into govt because under Ohakim or GEJ, he won't be a minister.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
same ol' same ol'
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by kcjazz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
I am even surprised that Udenwa has the guts to head to the Senate after his tenure as Governor angry Nigerian political parties are vehicles for power, no ideologies but if ACN or any other party are indeed for change, maybe they should start screening candidates.
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by jason123: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
kcjazz:

I am even surprised that Udenwa has the guts to head to the Senate after his tenure as Governor angry Nigerian political parties are vehicles for power, no ideologies but if ACN or any other party are indeed for change, maybe they should start screening candidates.
True talk![b][/b]
Re: Udenwa, Ararume Dump Pdp, Declare For Acn by Nsiman(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2010
If u mix old wine to new wine what happens? If u have ear here me!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? / 100,000 Man March In Support Of Palestinian Bid For Statehood! / Subsidy Reinvestment & Empowerment Programme(sure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.