Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (10058 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
I begin today what would prove to be an interesting series of question and answer sessions with the man of God- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and hope that many like me will learn from them. Thank you

Question 1 – Kingsley (The Netherlands): Is the devil able to read the human mind? Why couldn’t the devil read the mind of Jesus Christ to know that killing Him was to save us from our sins and that this was for the good of the Christian?

[b]Answer 1: He says, “Is the devil able to read the human mind?” The answer is no; he cannot read the human mind anymore than any intelligent person can guess what’s in your mind by reading [or trying to understand] your mannerisms and your body movements and so on…body language. So, that’s the way the devil also reads you, because he’s been in this world for many years and he can understand human beings by observing them. That’s how far because Satan, remember, is a created being and because he is a created being, he doesn’t have the power. He’s not omniscient. Only God is omniscient; Satan is not. So, Satan doesn’t know everything, and Satan doesn’t know what’s in your mind. And, you know that Satan doesn’t know everything because of a lot of things that happened in the Bible that he didn’t know and have the sense enough to tell. For example, how come Satan didn’t know that Jesus had been taken to Egypt when He was a baby? [Matthew 2:13-18] God asked the parents, that’s Mary - the mother of Jesus - and Joseph, the supposed father, to take the little child to Egypt and Satan didn’t know they had gone to Egypt and went ahead and moved the king to kill all the children from 2 years and down; he didn’t know. There are lots of things that Satan doesn’t know. He didn’t know much in the bible days and still doesn’t know today, because he is not omniscient.

[/b]
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by InesQor(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
These Chrisians have come again with their misspelling "Pastor Christundecided undecided undecided undecided

If you want to be sincere, ask the MODs to rename the thread for you abeg.  angry

ETA: Good to see that you have modified the thread title. cool I have done same. Enjoy your thread  smiley
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2010
InesQor:

These Chrisians have come again with their misspelling "Pastor Christundecided undecided undecided undecided

If you want to be sincere, ask the MODs to rename the thread for you abeg. angry

Thank you very much for your kind observation, the names are unavoidably close in proximity to spelling after all.
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Zikkyy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
newmi:

For example, how come Satan didn’t know that Jesus had been taken to Egypt when He was a baby? [Matthew 2:13-18] God asked the parents, that’s Mary - the mother of Jesus - and Joseph, the supposed father, to take the little child to Egypt and Satan didn’t know they had gone to Egypt and went ahead and moved the king to kill all the children from 2 years and down; he didn’t know.

Aawww com’on, satan has guys (agents) everywhere na grin Tracking is no problem. He just doesn’t have what it takes to hurt the son of God, that’s all. Even witches and wizards from my village can track people abroad grin There is nothing satan could have done anyway. The sequence of events was preordained.
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2010
@lnesQor
Thanks
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by lysaa(f): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2010
Interesting. More questions and answers pls.
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
@lysaa
Sure !
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2010
Question 2 – Arehone (UK): Dear Pastor Chris, is it right for a Christian to give up her child for adoption even though she was despoiled? What does the Word say concerning this?

[b]Answer 2: Well, to give up one’s child for adoption is not wrong, but you have to make sure you’re giving up the child for adoption by the right people, who can bring that child up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. For example, Hannah in the Bible actually gave up her child for adoption to the priest, Eli. Samuel was adopted by the priest; she gave her son to the Lord. And so, that was an adoption; so, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s “who’s going to take care of this child?” that’s what really matters. Sometimes, someone can have a child without having the…biological ability to give birth should not be equated with the psychological, mental and emotional ability to raise the child. So, someone could have a child that she can’t take care of. And so, if that child is given up for adoption, it’s okay. But, like I said, it’s important who’s adopting the child, because the future of that child matters, and you would be held responsible for who you gave your child to for adoption.[/b]
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by mabell: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2010
@ Poster,
What about the other way round, can a christian couple go ahead and adopt chidren?
Does the bible have anything to say about this?
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
mabell:

@ Poster,
What about the other way round, can a christian couple go ahead and adopt chidren?

Well interestingly, the apostle James made a profound statement in James 1:27[i] "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultles is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress, "[/i]
This statement gives us a clue into God mind. He says ", to look after orphans, in their distress, " Orphans, widows these are just links doesn't mean that except he or she is an orphan or a widow else no help rather he gives us the idea how that we need to look out for sure distressed persons and do as occassion demands of us which in the context of ourdiscuss could possibly be an outright adoption.
More importantly, children are gifts from God and as sure deserves all the tender care, love, and attention any gift considered precious would demand and you would kindly agree with me that there couldn't possibly be any home most appropriate and fitting enough to raise a child other than that of (true bible believing) christians.
Thank you
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2010
mabell:

@ Poster,

Well interestingly, the apostle James made a profound statement in James 1:27[i] "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultles is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress, "[/i]
This statement gives us a clue into God mind. He says ", to look after orphans, in their distress, " Orphans, widows these are just links doesn't mean that except he or she is an orphan or a widow else no help rather he gives us the idea how that we need to look out for sure distressed persons and do as occassion demands of us which in the context of ourdiscuss could possibly be an outright adoption.
More importantly, children are gifts from God and as sure deserves all the tender care, love, and attention any gift considered precious would demand and you would kindly agree with me that there couldn't possibly be any home most appropriate and fitting enough to raise a child other than that of (true bible believing) christians.
Thank you
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Zikkyy(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2010
newmi:

[i]Question 2 – Arehone (UK): Dear Pastor Chris, is it right for a Christian to give up her child for adoption even though she was despoiled? What does the Word say concerning this?

Not so sure pastor chris provided the right answers to the question here. There was a reason for wanting to give the child up for adoption. I wonder why pastor chose to avoid the ‘koko’ of the question?
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
@newmi
Which one is this your idea of making thesame post twice?. It's a matter of concern now o angry
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
Question 3 – Eunicia (South Africa): Is it wrong to get married without being blessed by your Pastor?

[color=#990000]Answer 3: Well, if you belong to a church, which you should, why would you want to get married without letting your Pastor know? Even in a large church where it might be difficult for every member to get to the Pastor, there are leaders, there are structures, so if you use those structures, somehow, the Pastor will get to know. If He doesn’t know personally, through the structure, the leadership will be aware and you can have God’s blessings on that. It’s important, so don’t go ahead and get married without the church knowing; it’s not right![/color]
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by newmi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
Question 3 – Eunicia (South Africa): Is it wrong to get married without being blessed by your Pastor?

Answer 3: Well, if you belong to a church, which you should, why would you want to get married without letting your Pastor know? Even in a large church where it might be difficult for every member to get to the Pastor, there are leaders, there are structures, so if you use those structures, somehow, the Pastor will get to know. If He doesn’t know personally, through the structure, the leadership will be aware and you can have God’s blessings on that. It’s important, so don’t go ahead and get married without the church knowing; it’s not.
Re: Question & Answer With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by evahpee: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
Good day Sir, Thank you for been a blessing to me Sir , I love you Sir, please Pastor sir, is there any partnership Arm that is better than the other or more valuable than the other. Most time we are hearing that Healing school is the number 1 Partnership Arm. If the Healingschool is the number 1 Partnership Arm and the most important or valuable Arm , what about others. Please Sir, I will like you to help me[b][/b] throw more light to this matter, sometimes it's confusing. Thank you Sir. By Evah progress . CE Bayelsa

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Being A Christian And A Born Again Christian. / What's Your Best Moment In Church? / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Pharisee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.