Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents (106812 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Woman Excited As She Marries Her Jamb Lesson Teacher / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Goodman247: 8:21am On Mar 18, 2020
It is not a must that somebody must be a graduate, those who are into blue collar jobs even earn more than some graduates,most graduates are not gainfully employed ,my people perish for lack of knowledge
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Kingloba20(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2020
meekparagon:
Student commited suicide after seeing her jamb score. Left note for her parents and friends.
this life, you failed jamb abs commit suicide what about those that didn't have the opportunity to finish secondary school due to financial problems? may God forgive your sins anyways.

R.I.P little angel
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by aminusodiq(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2020
illicit:
marlians
oponu ni eee...
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Reffoneee: 8:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Me way dey suffering from hunger depression sadness and pain I never kill myself I just that learn to carry the heavy heart cause at the end if u die dem go forget u
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by enemyofprogress: 8:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Ishilove:
The generation of teens we have these days ehn. Their peers in the 60s and 70s survived wars and even fought in some, but these ones we are raising nowadays rush to commit suicide if you as much as condemn their fashion sense. Millennials!!

Odiegwu.

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by SkiSki419: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2020
This one wen resemble lesy
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by nattyGENT: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2020
Zainab no been even suppose go school, so who do you this kain ting? Muslims & suicide sef
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Keemsleek005(m): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2020
Melison:
No matter what happens u have to keep moving forward,I remember year 2014 I took jamb ppt and sat near a dude that has been sitting for jamb since 2007 mehn,I shock but he was there still giving himself a chance,there are many hurdles on the way,if u fail cry if that will make u better,weep but always remember that its okay to fail but never okay to give up,
All u have in life is ur breath nothing else counts once its gone,suicide is never am option,life is not for the faint hearted so man up and face it! Above all pray

Beautiful words of encouragement. Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Malawian(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2020
Totilopussylick:
Stop the lies undecided
Honestly speaking! Finished sec sch in 1998, didn't get into Uni until 2002. 3 of my former classmates already graduated from ABSU in that 2002 before I even Matric.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Fortyfifty(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2020
People should stop putting pressures on the young generation.
Parents learn to support ur children no matter what.
I know she crashed under societal pressures.
Its a pity
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by cunny88(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2020
at least she won't av to write jamb in afterlife and y do I tink she luks like a suicide bomber
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by moonbender(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2020
illicit:
marlians

Marlians dont giveup....marlians dont murder themselves.....marlians dont go to school na.

She is a fool. A very foolish waste of a child.

She was actually eager to continue her marlian activities on a higher level.

Possibly she is in her teen, why the eagerness.

Me wey write jamb 5 times, i didnt give up.

Maybe because there was nothing like marlian then sha.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by DenreleDave(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2020
enemyofprogress:
boat of them
Mumu not only boat.. It is ship of them
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Temi2k20: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2020
This is not necessary, see could have just applied for IJMB or JUPEB and used the result to gain admission into 200L. Advise others to do this, you might just be saving a soul. Registration is ongoing on ijmbdivinehelp.com or call 08023378722
meekparagon:
Student commited suicide after seeing her jamb score. Left note for her parents and friends.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by donprinyo(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Mumu girl, thank God u did it to yourself alone cos u would have been a time bomb to dis society
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Melison(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2020
tydi:

I tell you bro.. People has always neglected the power behind shedding those tears at your closet, cry and weep your tears it would keep you up and going.. Oh! How much I appreciate my tears it has always been my bedding rock
Even as a guy I do shed tears when my eyes are filled,then I continue mehn nothing lasts forever
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by SweetCunt97(f): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2020
She should have gone for predegree naa
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Melison(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Chai u sat for jamb in 2014... no age limit for this platform sha. No wonder many keep shouting na under age kids full here now. Nairaland is gone for good

So am underage or what?? Out of all u saw there na wetin dey hungry u b Dis??

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Gelabuzz(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2020
Me wey write jamb 4times....enter Poly do IJMB, pass am, but waited at home for 1year because I wasn't granted admission, even met my less literate colleagues in uni already studying. Me wey be the symbol of hardwork and made reference to by teachers for others to emulate.

Later enter Uni, graduated since 2012 with 2nd class upper, since then I don travel to almost all the states for 9ja for interviews and search of work, till now na still hustle I dey bustle to survive for my dad's mini shop.

Damn! The job hunting thing will break your will and patriotism level I swear. You will get shoved aside and made irrelevant if you ain't one of them as in tribal, religion and sentimental levels.

Me wey be '9ja will be great' adherrent those days for school. Now that zeal is effed up. Already processing my quest to travel out....

Me and depression don siddon, laugh and cried together with. The 'bastard' don taya for my matter leave me as I no give an the key to ride me down. Na peace of mind I dey cultivate anywhere I go. Even for people side, anything you argue with me, you are always right even when wrong. Not everyone who gets depressed excapes it... youngsters today are damn under societal pressure and get rich quick minded. Hardwork and better learning from setbacks are looked at as a profound failure. Which great man or woman wey no experience failures and setbacks eh It's the positive mindset to learn and get up wiser and stronger that today's kids ain't equipped with.

Hey...spread love and kindness to people. It helps a lot. Little love here and there formn one and all is what we need ever seconds while it lasts.

Last last make una wish me well for my travelling out thing... pray for this nigger. Will definitely come back to play my role in getting positive values rooted again into the fabrics of 9ja.

Keep your head up folks, suicide no be the ultimate oh...we all need you guys for tomorrow's positive transformation and revolution.

Heads up no matter what!

4 Likes

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Theboss100(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2020
seunlayi:
How I wish you can hear me as I wish to tell you that what I went thru was nothing compared to what made you to commit this greatest sin. Mountain of hindrances won't cease from the part of those that will make it but only with perseverance that you will scale thru.... I m still passing thru another one since last year and gradually, I can see the other side just a little moment from now it is will be a thing of the past.

I can't imagine the type of torture you must be passing thru in heaven now due to your wrong decision.

Ftc dedicated to those who believed that the mountain of worries before them is about becoming a thing of the past.
Torture in heaven Will u shut up!. Who told u people are tortured in heaven?? Fake prophet. He is in the grave waiting for the day of resurrection. they won't say what kw and shut up on what they dnt. Let me hear say u wan go heaven, na koboko angel Micheal go use whoop ur lying asss
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Melison(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2020
suco01:

"That word okay to fail but never okay to give up" and suicide wasn't an option is what made me keep going then. I am an example. I did Jamb for good seven years 2005 to 2011, my mate that we both graduate from secondary school were graduates already, some in final year, life was very difficult for me during those years. My dad died during my WAEC 2004 exam (May his soul Rest in Peace), my mum was not financially stable. Yet I keep my head up even though no better people around me to orientate me on how to go about it and when you ask those that knows about schooling/education their response will make one to commit suicide but I was determined. 2011 was my last jamb and the only jamb that I failed since 2005, scored 197 did post jamb in Funaab and I got the admission. Suicide is not the solution abeg.
Brother keep fighting u are a born fighter
Wish u the best man,e go better for us all
Did I forget to add that I waited four years to secure admission?? Now am in 300 lvl today all glory to God we keep moving
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Dera25(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2020
Malawian:

Honestly speaking! Finished sec sch in 1998, didn't get into Uni until 2002. 3 of my former classmates already graduated from ABSU in that 2002 before I even Matric.
Your own is even small, I wrote jamb for 6 good times, finished secondary school in 2001 and got admission in 2012 before then most of my classmate are already working. I wrote the first post ume in 2005 at uniben, wrote 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 all at uniben where I was pursing law and at the end of the day I ended up studying political science education (Ha! Uniben frustrated me sha). The funny part of my own is that I have never scored bellow 200 before in jamb it was uniben post ume and my desire to study law was what killed me and last last I did not still achieve the aim, I succeeded in studying in uniben but couldn't study law again, even till now I am yet to be happy about it though I have moved on I cannot kill myself

2 Likes

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Melison(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2020
Lostz:
most times it have to do with the parents. Nigerian parents are not supportive, especially those with many kids.

Mehn some parents push their children too far,I know a girl that is very desperate to pass this years jamb due to pressure from parents,it ain't funny at all mehn
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by OlawaleBammie: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2020
Onebottle:
Whyyyy cry This is my second jamb and am alive.
Fail jamb doesnt mean failed life.
Hmmm. Rip o
Me wey do jamb in 2009 wey no see money check the result nko?? till today i dont know my score

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Temian1: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2020
Even if you pass jamb those that's mean you will graduate, see life isn't about going to school alone you need to wake up *+"+ this Nigeria people self
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by pocohantas(f): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2020
Ishilove:
The generation of teens we have these days ehn. Their peers in the 60s and 70s survived wars and even fought in some, but these ones we are raising nowadays rush to commit suicide if you as much as condemn their fashion sense. Millennials!!

Odiegwu.
angry

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Saintmary(f): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
Another foolish Nigerian gone because of zoo University full with immoral act by the way where is our medicine students now that we need them for coronavirus solution
You need Microbiologists, Biochemists, Medical lab scientists, Medical researchers and Biotechnologists. Medical Practitioners are needed for prescriptions and management.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 18, 2020
And the main problem with what she was pushed into is that the school which she took her life for is not even a valid recipe for success in life.

Anybody who doubts me should ask Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Thomas Edison, Shikiro Toyoda, Henry Ford, Ted Turner, Walter Carnegie, Colonel Sanders, Enzo Ferrari, Ralph Lauren, Li Ka Shing, Winston Churchill, Ray Kroc, Paul Getty, Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Richard Branson, Paul Allen, as well as 6 or 7 past presidents of the US; to start with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by kevotek1000(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2020
Me that I have been through a lots. Thinking of killing myself as never cross my mind...
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by seunlayi(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2020
Theboss100:
Torture in heaven Will u shut up!. Who told u people are tortured in heaven?? Fake prophet. He is in the grave waiting for the day of resurrection. they won't say what kw and shut up on what they dnt. Let me hear say u wan go heaven, na koboko angel Micheal go use whoop ur lying asss
make I drop my asa
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2020
Davoneskay:
Too bad! I wrote my first JAMB in 2007 and scored 203. I felt like a don. Wrote WAEC n NECO but failed woefully. I wrote the next WAEC GCE but failed as well. I sat for another JAMB. I passed incredibly than the previous one. I wrote another WAEC but failed English Language and passed other required subjects. I later sat for another NECO GCE which I got lucky with. I sat for JAMB and passed with a high score as usual.
My mom was good and bad to me during those trying times. Good because she never relented at obtaining those forms for me and bad cos she was comparing me with the children of her colleagues at work whom were getting it right.
Whenever I got back from the Cyber cafe with my result, she would look straight into my eyes even b4 I uttered anything and say: "otutu fail...as usual" meaning you've failed as usual.
Parents should stop putting too much pressures on their wards.
In fact, I still graduated with a very good grade before some of my friends who got admitted before me.
Some of my old friends who had no admission are doing well in their endeavors.
Let no pressure on yourself because of admission issues.
Las Las, school na scam.
Fake education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unilag studies thread / Updated Scholarship Thread / Female US Teacher Had Sex With Boy, 13, In Classroom & Even Moved Into His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.