Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,964 members, 7,952,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated (72591 Views)

John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor / Trabzonspor President Celebrates Ogenyi Onazi's 26th Birthday In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by lexy2014: 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
I think Mikel is arrogant .My personal opinion though

How many clubs has he left lately?

How is he arrogant?
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Tapout(m): 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

what do u now have to say about ronaldo who cos of the same virus, took a break from the society by buying an island ??

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by xperiencelove(m): 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
I remember when I have nothing, no investment, no asset; I also think like you.
helinues:

He has been having problems with his past clubs lately. He should quit playing football if he is feeling too big as a player.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Adakintroy2: 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
If the league decide to go on working, mikel should comply jor..he just making that statement because it's a lower European league. If it was Baca or madrid that ask him to go play will he have the e-balls to say what he just said.

Family comes first..who does not know that?

If everyone stay at home for fear of contact, were will you get simple things as groceries for that family you love? People are out there working despite everything. No one wish it so..but life must go on and the league must have taken certain precautionary measures.

The wife can support his bullshit because there is millions to spend in reserve. But if his account was running thin,.. She for push am out to go hussle like other REAL men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Cuntface: 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

He has been having problems with his past clubs lately. He should quit playing football if he is feeling too big as a player.

That's the way zombies reason.
I'm not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by scarwiz(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
the early hours of 11 March 2020 (UTC+03:00 ), Health Minister Fahrettin Koca announced that a Turkish man who had co ntracted the virus while travelling in Europe .Mikel is being lazy and scared
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Inspectorsuga22(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

Imagine this wonderful comment from a buhari zombie.
With this kinda reasoning I'm no longer surprised as to how u enjoy suporting an incompetent n insensitive man whom the Senate had to beg to at least address his country men on this same covid issue as other world leaders have all done.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Otsam(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

Inferiority complex of Africans.. Can't we developed our local sports instead of waiting to play professional football abroad.

I guess Balotelli is also white Caucasian

I think it’s you that needs to work on “African inferiority” mentality because, I doubt if you would say the same thing of Ronaldo or Messi if they are in mikel’s shoes. Anybody can leave any work anytime, he’s the one that works there, has the firsthand experience, knows what is good for himself so we should be careful to judge since we can not understand as much as himself.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

He is not arrogant. He spoke his mind. This is how Italy as a country handled the issue of the corona virus with kid gloves, you can see the devastating effect of corona virus today in Italy. Mikel is a man who is never afraid to speak his mind. His out spokenness is good for the good of other players and fans. Let's watch.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by pyro62(m): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

How many clubs has he left in a hurry lately? That's the question you are dodging

Very anyhow question. He left the clubs so they can employ you to play. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Otsam(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Adakintroy2:
If the league decide to go on working, mikel should comply jor..he just making that statement because it's a lower European league. If it was Baca or madrid that ask him to go play will he have the e-balls to say what he just said.

If everyone stay at home for fear of contact, were will you get simple things as groceries for that family you love? People are out there working despite everything. No one wish it so..but life must go on and the league must have taken certain precautionary measures.

The wife can support his bullshit because there is millions to spend in reserve. But if his account was running thin,.. She for push am out to go hussle like other REAL men.

Yes if it was Barca or Madrid, he wouldn’t need to be the one to tell them because they value their players and investment so much they have already asked their players to go home. He has experienced the top league so you can’t expect him to have the mentality of we die here of the lower league.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by soloinc13: 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
So after reading this, all u could deduce is this rubbish senseless statement u made here?.u are simply senseless....so u want him to die of the virus bah...how is it your biznez the number of clubs he has played in a short time. Re u d One paying him?
helinues:

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Chamber2000: 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
Helinues has been so bashed that the Dad will flog him today for going online.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by higgs: 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mikel is right.It's sad that human beings usually don't take precautions until it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by GreyLaw(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

All what you wrote above, how does that even correlate with what you quote.

Tell me, what are you drinking currently?

In what sense are you even comparing Balotelli to Mikel? Performance, medals, what exactly? Both names don't belong in same sentence. Balotelli became a captain and so what?

Mile has always been very well-behaved in all his teams. The guy has done well for both country and clubs. He is older now and you are comparing him to some other players who catch your fancy. I can't stop laughing. What Mikel said is same thing even Klopp suggested, even though his team is gunning for the league. Mikel made a simple statement anybody could have made, and even other players share same sentiment.

Well, he is Nigerian so let's bring him down, isn't it? It's a Nigerian thing to see evil in your fellow countryman.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Glycosunde: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
I think d saying " prevention is better than cure" is all clichéd to the Turkishs. Let them not worry until they have an Italy situation on their hands b4 they will suspend the league. Those crazy Nigerians bashing Mikel for speaking up, what is really ur problems just bcus u don't have anything to lose should u die looking for money doesn't mean everybody must b like u. N remember football is not a necessity like groceries and food, so suspending it won't crumble d nation. This last statement is for those who said people working in other fields like selling of groceries still go to work.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by andrewbaba44: 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

Alves, Zabaletta, Maguire, De Jong are still playing regularly for their respective clubs even though they are in the same or above age of Mikel.

Even Balotelli , one of the controversial players ever is now a captain for his club.

Mikel is arrogant.. Simple as ABC

You get sense so ?

Why saying what you don’t know

Alves doesn’t spend more than 1 or 2 season in any club he plays for ,mikel even signed a 2 year deal at trabzonspor with an option of another year before this issue ,so stop saying nonsense

Is maguire an old player ? You see say you no even due watch ball

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Euegene100001: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mikel indeed is a pvccy .Turkey is not Nigeria .The government know what they are doing besides this games are played behind closed doors and no case of corona reported in Turkey I know of .He just ruined his opportunity to play UEFA champions league when the corona virus finally dies.
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Euegene100001: 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mikel has always been a pvccy man always excuses
Adakintroy2:

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by quickly: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Euegene100001:
Mikel has always been a pvccy man always excuses

Hudson Odoi , Blaise matuidi, Ruggani etc all footballers caught the virus.

Prevention is better than cure

If the big 5 leagues in Europe can stop football, why is turkey acting different?

Euro 2020 sef has been canceled

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Adakintroy2: 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
Otsam:

Yes if it was Barca or Madrid, he wouldn’t need to be the one to tell them because they value their players and investment so much they have already asked their players to go home. He has experienced the top league so you can’t expect him to have the mentality of we die here of the lower league.

The factors that may conspired to form this decision in Turkey may not be present in other leagues.i.e The rate of infection may not be as high as that of other European leagues or countries. If they were many players probably already infected in Turkey as with other European leagues, They might reconsider. You and I are not privy to such data neither is Mikel in full glare.note every system expecially Europeans take safety seriouse.

that said, It's very shallow of Mikel to think there were no deliberations prior to this decision. All European leagues are autonomouse. Mike should respect the decision of the body.nobody is out to kill him. He just being over know..know.
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Advancedman(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
ContractKiller:
Turkish Fan Insults Mikel Obi On His Baby Mama's IG And She Savagely Responds

The former Nigeria captain condemned the ongoing Turkish Super Lig, and could pay a bigger price than the termination of his Trabzonspor contract.

For better or worse, John Mikel Obi has always been highly opinionated.

It is the quality that made him such a good captain for the Nigeria national team for many years, and endeared him to the fans. It also, at various points, led to an uneasy relationship with the Nigeria Football Federation; his propensity to speak his mind and stand on principle came to be regarded as evidence of a lack of respect within a very gerontocratic culture.

This time, almost a year removed from his international retirement, he is once again suffering personal injury for speaking out in the face of administrative recklessness. This time, it is from club Trabzonspor, who took offence at his latest comments decrying the lack of sensitivity of the Turkish football authorities.

The backstory centres on the coronavirus, which the WHO has now labelled a pandemic, prompting leagues all over Europe to shut down.

High-profile personalities, including coaches (Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta, for instance, was one of the first in the Premier League to test positive) and players alike (Callum Hudson-Odoi in England, Blaise Matuidi and Daniele Rugani in Italy, 35 per cent of the Valencia squad, several members of the Sampdoria squad, you could go on and on) have been hit by the virus, prompting the suspension of play altogether.

However, the Turkish Super Lig has ploughed on undeterred, initially bent on having fans in the stands before making a token concession and electing to play behind closed doors.

It is against this backdrop that Mikel took the Instagram to register his objection, stating he did “not feel comfortable…play(ing) football in this situation” and that “everyone should be at home with their families and loved ones in this critical time.”

“There is more to life than football,” he wrote.

Credit to him for saying what everyone else was thinking – Galatasaray striker Radamel Falcao agreed in the comments, and he cannot be the only one – but title-chasing Trabzonspor did not take kindly to what they apparently construed as a form of dissent.

Ergo: both parties’ decision to part ways. Any pretence of it being amicable is pretty much shattered by the fact that Mikel will receive no compensation, and agreed to forgo any other bonuses.

Beyond the satisfaction of being a martyr, and of once again sticking up for what he believes in, it is unclear precisely what direction Mikel’s career goes.

The former Chelsea man is still only 32, and his two daughters were born and raised in London, so a return to the England could well be on the cards.

While a career in the Premier League might be beyond him already (never the most mobile, more of his acceleration has been shaved off over the last couple of seasons), he did make a favourable impression during a six-month loan spell in the Championship in 2018.

Playing under Tony Pulis must be the most difficult brief for a midfield player, but Mikel managed to emerge with credit, leading Boro to within a point of a promotion play-off place. A similar sort of short-term deal would seem the likeliest avenue.

Ultimately though, it is a decision that might be taken out of his hands altogether.

As the virus over which he has beat a retreat from Turkey spreads, it is increasingly difficult to chart a timeline for the conclusion of the current football season and the resumption of the next. Already, the European Championship has been moved back to 2021, and the resolution modalities for leagues around Europe remain unclear. Mikel turns 33 in April, and has stated previously he is not interested in playing far into his dotage.

As it happens, the coronavirus may have put an end, not only to Mikel’s stay in the Super Lig, but also his active football career.

Meanwhile a Trabzonspor fan who insulted Mikel on his Baby Mama's IG was clinically and philosophically put in his place:

[img]https://images./cZ96OFVYnoTbcIqoFqidl.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./PKrPqa1X7Yv5LVctl7rgB.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./7IIYhfVttzPCmxPRzIDili.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./3IhM1emvxfu8PEmvJYiRbx.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./4lWxsiP0TYANiSb0OVjQ38.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./7EOM6Mi44sjjyEQxgy2izI.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./4cf2FegGLbxguVyPbb0X3p.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./2lU2QNJHA5MCd8gznpNIJt.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./6zHcAyObATgRFsXfzY0icp.jpg[/img]

https://www.goal.com/en/news/could-john-obi-mikels-bravery-over-coronavirus-spell-the-end/w01581478s0e1picvwj301rh1

He is not serious he should come to Naija eyinba FC
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by egopersonified(f): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
I trust Nigerians, they will go and bombard the club's Twitter account with insults.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Tats(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
I was in Istanbul last week and life was going on as normal. There was only one case as at the time I was leaving towards the end of the week.
I felt more safe there than when I returned to the UK. So I can understand why Turks are a bit apprehensive about his comments.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Dollabiz: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Really
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Malawian(m): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
If Corona kill Mikel die, who go dey straff him Russina punna?
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by Iyiataata92: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
OP just did copy and paste from Goal.com
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by UKBobo(m): 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
If he was a young rookie, fresh from Awka United, he would even play in the stadium alone, as long as the alert reached his bank account on a weekly basis.
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by BCYemz(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Finnese001:
undecided

village people sef

Na coding that woman dey o ��
Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by UKBobo(m): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
Fragility6:

Jesu!!! Diz one say Balotelli na captain of e club. Ignorance of the highest Power. Zabaleta na captain of West Ham wen Noble neva die, Alves captain 4 wich planet, De jong captain? E too early 2 dey drunk na

Bros no vex, very few Nigerians know football. Rather than just say he is a tribalist, he go write nonsense up and down. LOL
The same Brescia that is on a Coro lockdown for the past 3 weeks... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated by healthfulng: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
mikel did the right thing to speak out and i think you should do same when you play this https:///gXCEPHi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Girlfriend Eating Pounded Yam With Efo Soup !! / List Of Players Surprisingly Not Going To The World Cup / Yemisi Yekini, Daughter Of Rashidi Yekini, Celebrates Her Late Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.