Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? (1369 Views)

The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / There Are More Good Looking Nigerian Women Than Nigerian Men / Yo, I Am Tired Of Seeing Dysfunctional Looking Nigerian Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Princek12(m): 12:49am On Dec 25, 2010
I have noticed lately that many Nigerian women in Yankee are intimidated by good looking Nigerian men. Some dudes have told me that Nigerian girls refuse to talk to them initially because the girls think they look (not act) American, so they refuse to talk to them. These dudes also claim that these girls want to talk to them later once they find out they are from Nigeria, not Yankee.

Is it a sin for a Nigerian dude to "look American?" And why do Nigerian girls automatically assume that because the Nigerian guy looks good and is well polished then they should run away from him at first glance, just because he does not look like the stereotypical Naija dude.

FYI: And when I mean look American I am not talking about those low life Naija dudes who wear bling with saggy pants and dress like those thugs; I mean Naija dudes who dress regular and matured.  And for you Naija girls, don't play ignorance and act like you don't what I am saying; you know what I mean. My fellow Nairalanders, what y'all think?
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Dsense(m): 1:00am On Dec 25, 2010
I think the girls shouldn't be blamed when it comes to this edge . . . . . . . .The yankees are believed and vulnerable to deception than an ordinary nigerian with an african accent.So the girl mostly believe those that are well polished are just around to play with them then later catch the next available Metro ''Metaphorically'' . . .So they get worried and would always decide to settle with the ones they trust . . . .But tell me do these ones they trust do serve them well? undecided
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by MrsEve2(f): 1:03am On Dec 25, 2010
Poster,

The chicks are not INTO YOU. GET OVER IT.
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Dsense(m): 1:05am On Dec 25, 2010
^^^chai sweetie . . . . . . .Merry xmas to you dear and wish you a happy and prosperous year in advance kiss
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by MrsEve2(f): 1:06am On Dec 25, 2010
Hey suga!! kiss kiss kiss kiss Happy Day!
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Dsense(m): 1:10am On Dec 25, 2010
Same to you hun kiss kiss kiss
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by iice(f): 4:32am On Dec 25, 2010
Bahahahahahahahahaha
Oh dear lawd grin grin
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by PTBNaija(f): 6:02am On Dec 25, 2010
To answer to your question, from my experience, no.

However, based on what you are saying, maybe these women just have a preference for dating a Nigerian male? It doesn't come across like they are intimidated, because they did ultimately talk to these guys. They obviously know what they want and are not going to approach someone if they are not sure.
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Princek12(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2010
PTBNaija:

To answer to your question, from my experience, no.

However, based on what you are saying, maybe these women just have a preference for dating a Nigerian male? It doesn't come across like they are intimidated, because they did ultimately talk to these guys. They obviously know what they want and are not going to approach someone if they are not sure.

makes sense
Re: Do Good Looking Nigerian Men In Yankee Intimidate Nigerian Women? by Jenifa1: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2011
like ptbnaija said, it maybe because they mistake you for an akata and they're not interested in that.
just let them know you're nigerian and maybe they'll be more interested.

Mrs, Eve:

Poster,

The chicks are not INTO YOU. GET OVER IT.

lol. very frank.

(1) (Reply)

Here Are ‘20’ To Do Things That Could Restore Your Relationship / What Do U Do When U Fall In Love With Your Close Friends Ex Girlfriend / Please I Need Your Take On This(true Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.