Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

10 Signs Of A Bitter Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person (6114 Views)

The Importance Of A Male Child - A Bitter Experience / How I Do Retrieve My Laptop From A Bitter Ex / What A Guy Did To Me At Iwo Road Ibadan, A Bitter Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by NairalandDoctor(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sometimes, people who are handed lemons don’t make lemonade.

They’re either not interested in turning the sour hand they’ve been dealt into a sweeter one, or they’ve had so much thrown at them that they haven’t been able to find a way to do so.

As much as someone might try to see the silver lining, life may deal them so many blows that it’s very hard not to end up bitter, especially if they weren’t a particularly optimistic person to begin with.

Someone who’s bitter holds grudges, is often jealous, and generally focuses on the dark side of life.

Even someone who has it all – the job, the security, the family, the partner, the friends, the money, and the long holidays – can still end up feeling bitter.

It’s a cloud that prevents you from appreciating all the things you do have.

Someone who feels bitter isn’t always the easiest of people to deal with. They can be pretty unpleasant company and being with them can make you feel negative too. If you let them, they can have all kinds of negative effects on your life.

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to help someone who’s bitter. Only they can help themselves.

1. They Generalize
Someone who’s bitter and jaded is generally so as the result of one or multiple experiences.

Yet, they’re often not just angry with the individual who’s wronged them, but whole groups of people.

They might feel anger toward all men, all women, all members of a particular profession, or maybe even a certain ethnic group, all because of an experience they’ve had with just one person.

Or, they might just think that absolutely everyone in the world is out to get them.

They will often make sweeping statements that show they’ve judged a person or situation without bothering to try to understand the circumstances.

2. They Hold Grudges
We all get angry sometimes, but misunderstandings and arguments are normally cleared up and forgotten.

Even if two people don’t see eye to eye, they understand that there’s no point in wasting their energy by holding a grudge.

Those who are bitter, however, will find it very difficult to let something go, even when everyone else has forgotten about it.

3. They Like The Sound Of Their Own Voice
A bitter person’s favorite topic of conversation is likely to be things that have happened to them.

They generally won’t ask questions about your life and things that are going on with you. They just want to complain to you about what someone said to them, something that happened to them, or just the state of the world in general and how it affects them negatively.

4. They’re Jealous Rather than be happy for a friend or colleague when they get a promotion or when something’s going well in their life, they’re just jealous that things aren’t going as well for them.

5. But They Make No Changes
They think they should be the one getting the promotion or getting engaged, but they take no steps to change things to help them get there. They stay exactly where they are, wondering why things don’t fall into their lap.

A bitter person isn’t likely to keep quiet about the way they feel. When they feel like life is treating them particularly unfairly, they want sympathy and reassurance that what they’re feeling is justified, because deep down they know it isn’t.

7. They Struggle To Accept Advice
Whilst they love to complain, if a friend that genuinely cares about them tries to offer some helpful advice, they quickly go on the defensive.

They are blind to those people in their lives who do care about them, focusing on those that they feel are out to get them.

8. They Don’t Like Cheerful People
Being around cheerful, optimistic people throws their behavior into sharp relief, meaning they’re confronted by their own negative attitude; not something they want to face up to. So they tend to just avoid naturally happy people.

This can mean they start to become pretty anti-social, preferring to spend their evenings mulling over why the world is against them rather than being out socializing and making the most of life.

9. They Never Congratulate Others
Their jealousy means that they find it difficult to genuinely congratulate anyone else on their skills or achievements. You never hear them say the words “well done,” and they wouldn’t dream of giving anyone a thumbs up.

10. They Gossip
They love to spread stories they’ve heard about things that other people have done wrong. They are the person you’ll find at the water cooler or down the pub spreading that juicy bit of gossip they’ve heard about a co-worker.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, Donohue

Please someone need this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Biglittlelois(f): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nice, there are so many bitter people on this section.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Femzaremz(m): 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
op have you been stalking me?how did you know so much about me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
NairalandDoctor:
Sometimes, people who are handed lemons don’t make lemonade.

They’re either not interested in turning the sour hand they’ve been dealt into a sweeter one, or they’ve had so much thrown at them that they haven’t been able to find a way to do so.

As much as someone might try to see the silver lining, life may deal them so many blows that it’s very hard not to end up bitter, especially if they weren’t a particularly optimistic person to begin with.

Someone who’s bitter holds grudges, is often jealous, and generally focuses on the dark side of life.

Even someone who has it all – the job, the security, the family, the partner, the friends, the money, and the long holidays – can still end up feeling bitter.

It’s a cloud that prevents you from appreciating all the things you do have.

Someone who feels bitter isn’t always the easiest of people to deal with. They can be pretty unpleasant company and being with them can make you feel negative too. If you let them, they can have all kinds of negative effects on your life.

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to help someone who’s bitter. Only they can help themselves.

1. They Generalize
Someone who’s bitter and jaded is generally so as the result of one or multiple experiences.

Yet, they’re often not just angry with the individual who’s wronged them, but whole groups of people.

They might feel anger toward all men, all women, all members of a particular profession, or maybe even a certain ethnic group, all because of an experience they’ve had with just one person.

Or, they might just think that absolutely everyone in the world is out to get them.

They will often make sweeping statements that show they’ve judged a person or situation without bothering to try to understand the circumstances.

2. They Hold Grudges
We all get angry sometimes, but misunderstandings and arguments are normally cleared up and forgotten.

Even if two people don’t see eye to eye, they understand that there’s no point in wasting their energy by holding a grudge.

Those who are bitter, however, will find it very difficult to let something go, even when everyone else has forgotten about it.

3. They Like The Sound Of Their Own Voice
A bitter person’s favorite topic of conversation is likely to be things that have happened to them.

They generally won’t ask questions about your life and things that are going on with you. They just want to complain to you about what someone said to them, something that happened to them, or just the state of the world in general and how it affects them negatively.

4. They’re Jealous Rather than be happy for a friend or colleague when they get a promotion or when something’s going well in their life, they’re just jealous that things aren’t going as well for them.

5. But They Make No Changes
They think they should be the one getting the promotion or getting engaged, but they take no steps to change things to help them get there. They stay exactly where they are, wondering why things don’t fall into their lap.

A bitter person isn’t likely to keep quiet about the way they feel. When they feel like life is treating them particularly unfairly, they want sympathy and reassurance that what they’re feeling is justified, because deep down they know it isn’t.

7. They Struggle To Accept Advice
Whilst they love to complain, if a friend that genuinely cares about them tries to offer some helpful advice, they quickly go on the defensive.

They are blind to those people in their lives who do care about them, focusing on those that they feel are out to get them.

8. They Don’t Like Cheerful People
Being around cheerful, optimistic people throws their behavior into sharp relief, meaning they’re confronted by their own negative attitude; not something they want to face up to. So they tend to just avoid naturally happy people.

This can mean they start to become pretty anti-social, preferring to spend their evenings mulling over why the world is against them rather than being out socializing and making the most of life.

9. They Never Congratulate Others
Their jealousy means that they find it difficult to genuinely congratulate anyone else on their skills or achievements. You never hear them say the words “well done,” and they wouldn’t dream of giving anyone a thumbs up.

10. They Gossip
They love to spread stories they’ve heard about things that other people have done wrong. They are the person you’ll find at the water cooler or down the pub spreading that juicy bit of gossip they’ve heard about a co-worker.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, Donohue

Please someone need this

Dope!
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Nice, there are so many bitter people on this section.
NO 1...KHIAA d faceless bit@h 

...what is the synonym of hate?

Ans: khiaa
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by khiaa(f): 1:17am On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
NO 1...KHIAA d faceless bit@h 

...what is the synonym of hate?

Ans: khiaa
This filthy, rotten, cooch eater can't go one day without masterbating to my name. Drop dead.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
khiaa:

husbandsnatcha:

The new month will make it about three years you two have been at this hate game.
I'm even getting tired of watching.
Really upsetting.

MamaV you are the one that always starts this, though.
Why not quit and rest.
Three years is a long time.
You don try ni.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

The new month will make it about three years you two have been at this hate game.
I'm even getting tired of watching.
Really upsetting.

MamaV you are the one that always starts this, though.
Why not quit and rest.
Three years is a long time.
You don try ni.
...Fvck you
...you can join her ass
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...Fvck you
...you can join her ass

Sighs, I can't fvck me. I'll rather you do it. You're so sweet when you're not hating.

Stop the bullshit mama V
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

Sighs, I can't fvck me. I'll rather you do it. You're so sweet when you're not hating.

Stop the bullshit mama V
...U know what fvck u again! because u see I mention her name ,the idiot has been degrading me far worst Dan typing my name ,she will mock me in a thread she knows I will be present at ..

But u re.tard with no head will put it on me ...because I mention her name ,
Mumu check all her comments ...90% is about me without my name being mentioned ... bigcowhorn join her am not interested again! Nonsense

She is a renowned gossiper n I hate gossips
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...U know what! because u see I mention her name ,the idiot has been degrading me far worst Dan typing my name ,she will mock me in a thread she knows I will be present at ..

But u re.tard with no head will put it on me ...because I mention her name ,
Check all her comments ...90% is about me without my name being mentioned ... bigcowhorn join her am not interested again! Nonsense

She is a renowned gossiper n I hate gossips

You know, if anyone dares to type half the insult you've typed here I will give them speical case until he or she must deactivates or get's banned permanently or lengthily. I'm sure Steve can testify.
But with you... you just make me smile wink
I even cleaned the insults out so you don't get banned, can't have your getting hurt in any way.

Listen, baby, we've been going back and forth on this issue for years. I've been watching.
I watch both of you each day.
Stop mentioning her if you can and there will be no reason for 90% of her comments to be about you.

As you have mentioned her once now on this thread she will come at you at least two times.
Then you will find another thread and do it again.
She will be there too.
That's how all this has dragged on for so long, is that not so?

Fine woman, give it a rest.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

You know, if anyone dares to type half the insult you've typed here I will give them speical case until he or she must deactivates or get's banned permanently or lengthily. I'm sure Steve can testify.
I even cleaned the insults out so you don't get banned, can't have your getting hurt in any way.

Listen, baby, we've been going back and forth on this issue for years. I've been watching.
Stop mentioning her if you can and there will be no reason for 90% of her comments to be about you.

As you have mentioned her once now on this thread she will come at you at least two times.
She will be there too.

...tanks u are watching me n her ,cant u see how she says ..I will bash that cows head " I WL drag her in a mud...I will kill d shameless cow" n if I keep quiet she won't stop talking "
...so stop talking trash at me

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

She will be there too.

Like seriously?
Did you just have to mention my name?
It seems you still need some of those bombs that decimated your other moniker the other day.

Yeah...you reported cowardly, cos I hit some raw nerves.
But I won't call you a Coward.
It's all part of the fight.

The irony though: a self-proclaimed wanna-be troll crying to the mods like a baby, to report exactly what he's often guilty of.
smh

I returned the favour too, I'm sure you know.
hehe.

You're here trying to caution someone about mentioning another person, but it's the same darn thing you're doing.
Charity begins at home they say!
Give it a rest!
#Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...tanks u are watching me n her ,cant u see how she says ..I will bash that cows head " I WL drag her in a mud...I will kill d shameless cow" n if I keep quiet she won't stop talking "
...so stop talking trash at me

I see all that. It's the result of your provocation. You have been talking and talking for a while and that is what it has resulted to.

Allow me make peace between both of you by telling her to stop and you MUST STOP TOO.
If you go mentioning her around it will all start again.
You know her ni, all it takes is one mention, not two.

Oh, and I'm not talking trash to you ooo. Na love be this grin
Can't remember when I've been this gentle and tolerate with someone.before.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Kingsteve:

Like seriously?
It seems you still need some of those bombs that decimated your other moniker the other day.

The irony though: a self-proclaimed wanna-be troll crying to the mods like a baby, to report exactly what he's often guilty of.
smh

hehe.

You're here trying to caution someone about mentioning another person, but it's the same darn thing you're doing.
Give it a rest!
#Hypocrisy
[/s]

I'm just here wondering who called a bitch boy named Steve to attention....
Wait, wait...

Unless bitch boy is following Husbandsnatcha around like a love sick pup as usual. grin

How is Britboy, the other puppy?

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

Like seriously?

smh

hehe.

Give it a rest!
#Hypocrisy
...My dear

...Charity begins at home truely
I saw how u tell d bitch to stop talking about me ,but she refuses
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

Like seriously?

smh

hehe.

Give it a rest!
#Hypocrisy

Oh, and Steve, getting new identities ain't a problem. You could find one walking around that looks something like your mom cool

Wanna give it a go?

Charity can start right in home indeed.

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...My dear

Mama V
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

Shut up Mama V
... grin grin grin grin

Ooooh !
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

Oh, and Steve, getting new identities ain't a problem. You could find one walking around with the of your mom cool

Wanna give it a go?

Naa...I'm too smart for that.
I'd pass, but I'll return when Britboy is unchained!
He murdered you.
He decimated you.
Actually, I thought you'd put up a good fight, but apparently, you're too weak.
Like I previously said...
Your friend DeepF*** had a better shot at trolling.
But you...

watery sperm comes to mind.
grin
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by husbandsnatcha(f): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

I see all that. It's the result of your provocation. You have been talking and talking for a while and that is what it has resulted to.

Allow me make peace between both of you by telling her to stop and you MUST STOP TOO.
If you go mentioning her around it will all start again.
You know her ni, all it takes is one mention, not two.

Oh, and I'm not talking trash to you ooo. Na love be this grin
Can't remember when I've been this gentle and tolerate with someone.before.
...their was a time ,she was trashing me 4 months without me provoking her ...
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
husbandsnatcha:
...My dear

I saw how u tell d bitch to stop talking about me ,but she refuses

Hey hold it there!
Just for the record, I'm not here to defend you.
My name was mentioned, that's why I chimed in.
Be guided:
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Kingsteve:

Naa...I'm too smart for that.
I'd pass, but I'll return when Britboy is unchained!
He murdered you.
He decimated you.
Actually, I thought you'd put up a good fight, but apparently, you're too weak.
Like I previously said...
Your friend DeepF*** had a better shot at trolling.
But you...

watery sperm comes to mind.
grin
[/s]

"I'm too smart for that" he says.

cheesy

With an IQ way below 50 you are not smart at all, just talkative and full of self praise.
Never seen a peacock like you in my life;.

I consider you a mere nuisance nothing more.

Oh, and keep sperm away from your gay mind while on a public forum. Don't be disgusting even if it's hereditary

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Kingsteve:

Hey hold it there!
Be guided:
[/s]

Stop chasing her upandan

Be guided.
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:
[s][/s]

Stop chasing her upandan

Be guided.

same way you've been chasing me upandan, I guess?
You followed Britboy.
Britboy returned the favour, cos he knows the game you wanna play.
He's always steps ahead. grin

Now you're following Kingsteve too...f@ggot tendencies!

Step aside, you've been fatally and flawlessly conquered!
I hope you enjoyed the little attention I gave you, and your few minites of fame? grin

Now...
Get lost and fvck off!
Your time is up!

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

same way you've been chasing me upandan, I guess?
You followed Britboy.
Britboy returned the favour, cos he knows the game you wanna play.
He's always steps ahead. grin

Now you're following Kingsteve too...f@ggot tendencies!

Step aside, you've been fatally and flawlessly conquered!
I hope you enjoyed the little attention I gave you, and your few minites of fame? grin

Now...
Get lost and fvck off!
Your time is up!

Who is following KingSteve?
Tweiker?
What in hell do you have to offer man or beast?
A perverted gay mentality? grin

EasternPrince says he's out for your neck so just take a chill pill and follow back like you did with your alternate moniker Britboy cool

Guy, I've told you before and won't say it again.
Only mad people praise themselves and talk this much of nothing.

Go and bring Britboy to tell me I'm flawed and I'll tell you how I've been making you dance to my tune for 3 days grin

No stories pls
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

Who is following KingSteve? What in hell do you have to offer man or beast?
A perverted gay mentality? grin

Guy, I've told you before and won't say it again.
Only mad people praise themselves and talk this much of nothing.

Go and bring Britboy to tell me I'm flawed and I'll tell you how I've been making you dance to me tune for 3 days grin

No stories pls

The screenshots are proof!
Unlike you, I don't go around looking for cheap shots for cheap points by making up things in your schizo head.

Once more...

Get lost!
you're a defeated specie!
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

The screenshots are proof!
Unlike you, I don't go around looking for cheap shots for cheap points by making up things in your schizo head.

Once more...

Get lost!
you're a defeated specie!

The screenshots are just you crying out loud for that thing you keep begging for....
Watery sperm comes to mind.

Looking for cheap shots and cheap point is what you came crawling to me for, isn't it?
If you are confused ask yourself who mentioned you on this thread before you showed to quote me?

Kindly crawl back into the hole from which you emerged.
I'm having a nice talk with a lady if you don't mind.

You will always stay defeated special king-Sieve
IQ = 10

See you around.

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Kingsteve(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Tweiker:

The screenshots are just you crying out loud for that thing you keep begging for....
Watery sperm comes to mind.

Looking for cheap shots and cheap point is what you came crawling to me for isn't it?
If you are confused ask yourself who mentioned you on this thread before you showed to quote me?

Kindly crawl back into the from which you emerged.
I'm having a nice talk with a lady if you don't mind.

You will always stay defeated special king-Sieve
IQ = 10

See you around.

While you're at it...that is: getting lost, kindly do the Honourable thing by unfollowing me.
I don't need your type stalking me.
I'm no f@ggot, and the last thing I need is f@gs following me.
Thanks!
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

While you're at it...that is: getting lost, kindly do the Honourable thing by unfollowing me.
I don't need your type stalking me.
Im no f@ggot, and the last thing I need is gays following me.
Thanks!

Take my advice and go find Easternprince for a talk.
My name is Mr. Tweiker and I'm sick and tired of having my ass kissed by you.
Hell, man, I hate fagots more, even when they come as bisexuals.

Run along now.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by 24kmagic: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
kiss
Re: 10 Signs Of A Bitter Person by Tweiker: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
Kingsteve:

Hey hold it there!

Be guided:

@the emboldened

Oh, now I understand why you are so bitter a person. (Op take note)

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I was talking about Steve my stupid pussy cat.

No one ever mentioned you before you showed up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? / Lust My Stepmom / When I Sleep I Dont Know Why She Stares At Me In The Middle Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.