Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? (541 Views)

Why The Rest Of Nigeria Can Never Understand NDI IGBO! / Oluwo Akanbi: Infect Me With Coronavirus & Leave The Rest Of The World Out Of It / The Palm Tree And The Rest Of Us by Okenye Rev. Fr. Dr. F.O.F Onwudufor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by Rayd502(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
I was bored today and decided to log into nairaland to while away the time as usual.After getting a doze of updates on the novel covid-19 updates I decided to switch to quora and saw an interesting topic about the Chinese people.

I would be sharing some of the comments made about these people,their ethics and general outlook to life...
Re: What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by seunlayi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ok
Re: What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
Following
Re: What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by Rayd502(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2020
I don't know anything about him,

Except that he’s Chinese, he sat beside me right across the aisle, all calm and quiet, minding his own business. We were going to Lahore, it was a five hours drive. I want to say that I liked him, there was something about him that just felt right. He was a good man. A part of me wished to interact with him but I didn’t… just for the sake of his space and peace of mind.
Two hours passed and the steward announced of a short stop at the rest area.
This is when he looked at me and politely asked “for how long the stay would be here?”
I said, 15 minutes.
At the rest area, I got out of the bus and stretched my legs.
It was quite a place actually, there were restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops.
So then I noticed the Chinese guy coming out of McDonald’s, he walked towards bus with quite a handful actually, wielding two big ice creams cones, burger and a drink.
Instead of going inside the Bus, he stopped before the driver and steward who were standing right in front of the bus and presented them the ice creams with a gentle smile and leaned his head while at it. Both of them paused in awe for a second, hesitated but then accepted the treats with a smile and thanks. He then went inside the bus.

And here I was, looking at this scene.
It amazed me, how thoughtful and kind of him really!
No this wasn’t a show off.
It was a built in attitude, a dogma. I could sense that right there.
Though I like to think I am a kind person in general, I toot my horn of empathy here and there, but this gesture of him just told me that I’m not even half of him when it comes to decency, generosity and courtesy.
No, I have never done that. More pathetically, I have never even thought of it.
And to add a little insult to the injury, I have never seen any one else doing that!
My Goodness, this one Chinese Guy just outclassed me and anyone that I know of.
No wonder, they’re progressing way better than us in every aspect of life.
So to answer the question, we “the Pakistanis” can definitely learn a thing or two about being more lenient, empathetic and kind from the Chinese people.

Promoted by Adam Fayed

1 Share

Re: What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by Rayd502(m): 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Chinese don’t want conflict and war. They want a peaceful rise, security and harmony among all peoples of the world. Chinese feel wars destroy lives, livelihoods, infrastructure, and culture…time, money, and effort better spent creating wealth, health, and a better way of life for Chinese citizens and for the world at large. However, in today’s world, she feels she must be strong enough so she will not suffer again as she did during her ‘century of humiliation’.

The Chinese government is based on ‘meritocracy’ and a political system that creates discussion from the bottom up so at the top, the best decision has been decided by those who are closer to the problems and issues that need to be resolved by government plan or edict. Senior members of government have had to demonstrate their economic and political leadership skills through successful administrative governance at lower levels. For China, a one party system has always worked well and efficiently. If you look closely, the ‘Emperor’s mandate of heaven’ is very similar to the one party system in today’s China. If the Emperor (President in today’s world) can’t deliver the goods or not in the best interest of the country or her people, he/she can/will be replaced. Multi-party efforts were experimented in the past and they brought dissension and inefficiency to the political structure…so for her, a pyramidal government where citizens get to vote and say what they like and don’t like gets passed upwards until it can be distilled at the top for actionable resolution. Obviously many problems can be handled at the local or provincial level, but those requiring national attention are brought to the nation’s leaders for solution. In this way, national leaders can focus on macro level problems and provide national level leadership (future vision). There is a ‘escape valve’ mechanism that allows the citizens to ‘petition’ the central government if they feel the local government doesn’t adjudicate satisfactorily or aggrieves their issues and problem. In some areas, it seems to work, in others it is questionable. In the past local governments tended to block citizens from seeking this adjudication.

China wants others to understand China and her culture better and China wants to understand and work with others better. China hopes that a world community that is peaceful is beneficial to all citizens of the world.

Masao Miwa
Re: What Can The Rest Of The World Learn From Chinese People? by SlayerForever: 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Doggedness in the face of adversity.

(1) (Reply)

Queen Nefertiti: A.k.a A Beautiful Woman Has Come,egypt's Female Pharaoh / How Masturbation Can Affect Someone Positively And Negatively / Check-out Items Found In "Ukwuachi" Ancient Tree In Imo State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.